Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! (24041 Views)

Oyinlola: Buhari Is First Candidate Ever To Hire A Proxy In A Presidential Conte / See A Presidential Candidate In Niger Republic Campaigning With Buharis PICS. / Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by casualobserver: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2022
KikBuhari2Daura:

A vote for Obi is an indirect vote for Tinubu.......dont let political nativity destroy this country

It is too late, I have said it many times Atiku lost the day Ibi declared for president and Tinubu won the day he clinched the APC ticket! Elections are not about emotions, they are about numbers. Elections are about arithmetic, elections are about counting votes. Once you split a voter base (I.e PDP) without damaging your opponent (APC) you’ve already lost before the race starts!!!

You can’t take 15m v 11m from 2019, split the 11m PDP votes into say 7m/4m or 6m/5m. No matter how many new votes you are able to add, your 7m6m5m or 4m left over from the split can never catch the person who started with 15m even if he loses 3m votes from his 15m. Total new registrations are 8m, nobody will have more than 50% of those. Even if 50% of new registrations I.e 4m are for the person with the highest number of votes after splitting PDP votes I.e +7m, your 11m will not catch Tinubu even if he loses 3m from the 2019 votes and does not add a single vote from the new registrations!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by AntonVince: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2022
seunmsg:

Give it a rest Joseph, we are not going to vote Atiku as president in 2023 because it’s the turn of the south.

Neither are we voting Thi.ef.nubu who betrayed the South in 2015.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku is the most prepared to lead Nigeria facts dont lie
See how you deliberately come out to attack Obi and Tinubu. You and Atiku ll fail.
If not for the two southern candidates that are focusing on themselves and ignoring Atiku's snakelike activities and the employment of mice like you this dreaming Joseph. You won't come here and post to tarnish others. Why not just highlight Atiku's deeds. Obasanjo didn't lie that Atiku is a klepto. We v see his Robbin hood acts. We reject him at the polls. And we don't want a northerner in 2023 cos Buhari just used 8 years and we all saw his pro north activities.
Get out of here!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Tutuna(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2022
Nigeria is more divided than ever before in our history and therefore the only type of leader we needs today is the one with the ability and capacity to unite us and bring back the love and peace. We need a UNIFIER not a sectional leaders who only believe in their race

1 Like

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by kenwilk: 9:18am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/2023-why-atiku-is-miles-ahead-oche-otorkpa/
Your personal opinion. My vote goes for PO and there is nothing u can say to convince me.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 10, 2022
Slurity:
Obi remains the least educated and least experience. Only fools like the writter of this articles will want Obi ahead of Atiku and Tinubu. What a shame. I don't blame Igbos for supporting Obi because that is how they always behave but any other tribe supporting is a fool

grin grin grin

What did you smoke abeg?

A former SEC Chairman and Chairman of top banks in Nigeria less qualified than a "treasurer in Mobil" who now owns private jets and bullion vans without any verifiable source of income?

Some Yorubas like yourself see everything with the tribal lense but thank God a great number of Yorubas have come to realisation of the truth.

My dear, Tinubu is NOT IN ANY WAY close to Tinubu in terms of qualifications and/or track record. Please check below.

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Goodoldays(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2022
Very biased nonsense

You remember to add Obj/atiku’s impact on economy but fail to answer the question of what happened to $16b same obj and Atiku stole to install uninterruptible power supply,same epileptic power supply we are still suffering till date

I will understand if you had used the headline “why Atiku should win”

But using your useless,awfully biased analogy where Atiku is all saint and others are unqualified is a height of stupidity and foolishness

1 Like

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by bizzibodi(m): 9:19am On Oct 10, 2022
This race is not about who is more educated but who can manage our resources by the way how did Atiku got an M.Sc when he only has a diploma before then,I remember Tinubu Chicago fake Certificate.
That PO only import goods is false,he is into banking, brewery & others.
Turaki & jagaban we all know how they got their money not by hardwork but pilfering from the public tills the last time I checked they have not repent.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Yong4ever: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

the most useless write up I've ever seen, it's just one sided, tell me the state that has best health care in Nigeria, if not Lagos, M R I that people used to travel out for, commenced in Lagos, is it by educational qualifications or being altruistic? You had better have a re orientation!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Tutuna(m): 9:20am On Oct 10, 2022
The questions to our Presidential candidates are very easy to ask how prepare you and what do you want to offer to Nigerians not it is my turn or any other self interest
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Tutuna(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2022
Thank you so much for bringing these criteria to us
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Tutuna(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2022
There are so many hunger and unemployment while insecurities are at our doors and the only person who can address all these is the committed one.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by ezegold4we: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2022
Anybody who read what obasanjo Said about Atiku in his book titled Under my watch will Know that Atiku will be the worst calamity that will befall nigeria after Buhari,

Those saying atiku is the most experienced are correct, yes,

Atiku is the most experienced in stealing, corruption, and buying Back all our national investment when he was the chairman of BPE, atiku that can't stand on his Twitter Post of Deborah Samuel, atiku that can't unite wike and pdp for months now, Atiku that spent $16 billion on power sector yet there's darkness everywhere, atiku that lives in Dubai, Atiku that has been contesting presidential election since 1993, atiku that has not for once condemned banditry in the north, Atiku that has Never condemned herdsmen killings in the middle belt, atiku is everything evil and backwardness, atiku that was dismissed from custom's for stealing and massive corruption,

Only ignorant babies in adult body will be proud to mention Atiku that is already outdated,

Only criminals and corrupt souls will be rooting for atiku.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Tutuna(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2022
Obidients are very busy insulting, attacking, bullying and humiliating many people who doesn't have interest in their preferred candidate.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by WilliamsAE: 9:25am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

I wish he could write better story about his State of origin.
Better wise up
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Mekanus(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2022
When I saw the title of this thread I was hoping to see a neutral and unbiased facts and analysis that will help guide electorates in making their best choice of candidates, but I never knew it was about ass licking Atiku. I stopped reading when I realised this.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by GeneralBuhari: 9:26am On Oct 10, 2022
Nicely said.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Fiscus105(m): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

Read it again

I will advise u to reread. Maybe I should rinse ur face water to clear ur eye from dozing or sleeping.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by dukie25: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2022
Atiku is the most prepared. I'm not going to risk my vote for Obi and let Tinubu in through the back door.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Traplord09: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2022
Many of those who championed the "Sai Buhari" mantra in 2015 are regretting their actions today because they have seen the negative impact of the NEPA bill certificate they promoted on the economic, educational, security and social strata of our nation.

Unfortunately, while some are doing a retrospective analysis for the purpose of making informed decisions on the candidate they will support, some have joined the emotional band wagon hell bent on repeating the mistakes of the past.

In today's article we shall be looking at vital areas of national development and the capacity of the leading candidates to deliver based on their experience and antecedents.

Education: In terms of educational qualifications, Atiku is the most educationally qualified among the leading candidates, with an Msc in International relations from Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK. Obi has an average bachelor's in Philosophy from UNN, while Tinubu has a questionable degree in accounting from the United states.

In terms of their contribution to education, Atiku is far above his competitor's towering above them in terms of direct and indirect contributions to the development of education in Nigeria.

As Vice President, his passion for education led him to directly intervene in the plight of Anambra school children who were left at home for over two years by Mbadinuju, it was also under the OBJ - Atiku led government that the Universal Basic Education (UBE) programme was launched.

Atiku built Africa's first development university, the American University of Nigeria were rescued Chibok girls were given scholarship. Tinubu on the other hand has no history of support for education beyond few secondary schools he built during his tenure as governor of Lagos, same goes for Obi and none of them have also gone back to school to earn an additional degree since leaving school.

Peter Obi's record on ASSU strikes and lecturer welfare is also abysmal. Under him University students stayed at home years while he owed some educational workers for 36 months.

Job Creation: If there is one qualification the next Nigerian leader needs is the ability to create jobs. Tinubu is the worst when it comes to this benchmark because even though he eats from virtually every tax payer in Lagos, he has no business that creates real jobs in manufacturing or other key sectors that drive the economy.

Obi is not far behind because as a trader, Obi's major supermarket businesses are import-based most of which takes jobs from Nigeria and send them overseas to countries where those goods are manufactured.

In contrast, Atiku's businesses are massive creators of jobs. In some states Atiku is the highest employer of labour after government because his companies are into manufacturing, agro based products and other key drivers of job creation in the economy.

Power: No economy can develop without power. Energy generation is the single reason why most companies are not making profits even banks are now closing early because of the prohibitive cost of power generation.

Peter Obi travelled all the way to Egypt to learn about power generation yet he does not know the meaning of "green energy"! This is after 8 years as governor of one of Nigeria's biggest states.

Tinubus credentials on power generation is far better than Obi because he single-handedly championed the Lagos state Independent Power Project (IPP) handled by the American Company, ENRON to generate 90 megawatts of electricity which led to some improvements in power supply in Lagos.

Atiku's first class hands-on experience in the areas of power generation and transmission is one area Nigeria stands to benefit from when elected into office.
The OBJ - Atiku led administration built or started most of the power generating entities we have in Nigeria today. The PDP led administration of Jonathan and Sambo completed the rest.

Healthcare: Tinubu and Obi's records in the provision of healthcare are also very poor. Under Obi, Anambra State Government employed medical doctors were on strike for 13 months as a result of his refusal pay the right salary, poor conditions of service and lack of proper working equipment, Nigeria cannot afford such tragedy. Lagos under Tinubu had healthcare centers that are known for delivering the worst health care services. The claim that Tinubu met one functional ambulance as Governor is also false.

TINUUBFF here is your brother ... Trying to have a physical fight with the CITY BOY ..

At the other note keep
ibo
away from ur looters and killers ..... ...

Tinuubff =thug +thif+drugstore

Atiku =killers + looters +blasphemy...

With ur long wright up... .... You couldn't explain way I show vote for ATKINS ATIKU..

Is batter de two thif and killers to sell the country and give me my balance....

1 Share

Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by OceanMaliya: 9:29am On Oct 10, 2022
My vote and my family votes are surely belongs to Waziri Atiku Abubakar because I strongly believe he is the only one who is ready and committed to do what is right for Nigeria and Nigerians because he possess all the above mentioned factors that we needs to look before voting the next President of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by oneMalik: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2022
Just to campaign you wrote all these , you get sense so ? how much Dem pay you self ?

Atiku and Obasanjo are the architect of Nigeria problems . Atiku of all people , God forbid !

if those are what you tell your children at home , I can tell you categorically that you're raising dangerous children .

We aren't fool like you .
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

My dear Seun, the choice before us Like GEJ said in 2015 is a choice between going forward and going backwards. Atiku is the most experienced among all the Presidential candidates, its crystal clear
Shameless people are much in nairaland. Please, support your candidate and let others support theirs. What Nigerians are interested in right now is the happenings in Nigeria economy, and by extension, the happenings in the country's political space. These articles written by political supporters, masquerading as political analyst are jargons and boredom. Political stakeholders' right up from the likes of Professor Farooq Kperogi are highly welcome.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by OceanMaliya: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2022
Nigeria and Nigerians needs a leader who shows the commitment to build a Nigeria for us.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Fiscus105(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2022
ezegold4we:
Anybody who read what obasanjo Said about Atiku in his book titled Under my watch will Know that Atiku will be the worst calamity that will befall nigeria after Buhari,

Those saying atiku is the most experienced are correct, yes,

Atiku is the most experienced in stealing, corruption, and buying Back all our national investment when he was the chairman of BPE, atiku that can't stand on his Twitter Post of Deborah Samuel, atiku that can't unite wike and pdp for months now, Atiku that spent $16 billion on power sector yet there's darkness everywhere, atiku that lives in Dubai, Atiku that has been contesting presidential election since 1993, atiku that has not for once condemned banditry in the north, Atiku that has Never condemned herdsmen killings in the middle belt, atiku is everything evil and backwardness, atiku that was dismissed from custom's for stealing and massive corruption,

Only ignorant babies in adult body will be proud to mention Atiku that is already outdated,

Only criminals and corrupt souls will be rooting for atiku.

Apart from health and probably same faith ticket, to me, Tinubu is the best among contestants, though not best in nigeria to occupy the position.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Corporate2020: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2022
Presidency must come to the South in 2023. Any senseless idiot who says otherwise will die miserably. Such idiots will be struck by Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Rainer8(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2022
I Started hating! (sorry: Disliking- Hate is such a strong word) Atiku the day i realized he wasn't a man of integrity and a totally biased and Selfish individual who would do anything to Prevent justice as long as its in his best interest.

dis was during the Sokoto Crisis early this year. i clearly saw his true Colors.

even if Obi doesn't win i rather see Emi Lo Kan on the Presidential seat than

Atiku Abubakar Tuuehhh!

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Think9ja(m): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:
Atiku is the most prepared to lead Nigeria facts dont lie

I'm for Atiku but your article is biased.

You cannot tell me he beats them hands down in all the sectors.

He is the most qualified, yes, but he is not the savior like you're portraying it

AtiKowa 2023
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by OceanMaliya: 9:33am On Oct 10, 2022
Tinubu is unhealthy, not ready and doesn't have the require energy to be our President.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by betshopagent(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2022
ochejoseph:

The task before Nigerians is basically how to remove the APC government that has destroyed our nation, to do otherwise is to betray your country.

APC does not deserve a single vote either directly from her supporters who do not wish this country well or indirectly from Peter Obi's Suppoters

Atiku should become vice to Okowa,then we may vote PDP.The north has produced and continue to produce the worst Presidents in Nigerians history.
Re: 2023: Before You Choose A Presidential Candidate To Support Read This! by Didi2d(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2022
Op if you think the rubbish you wrote up there will make me vote atiku, you must be dreaming.
Presidency must come to the south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / Supreme Court Rules: Saraki's Appeal Lacks Merit,Trial At CCT Continues / Anambra Election: Security Personnel Stranded At Nzam Since Last Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.