Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU (13776 Views)

ASUU Strike Will Never Happen Under My Administration – Atiku / VIDEO-NNAMDI KANU ORDERS WAR IN IGBO LAND IN 14 DAYS: SAYS MASSES OF IPOB TO DIE / I Will Celebrate Achievements, Not 100 Days, Says Gov Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by benjanny(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2022
Just as I no longer want my street to be having light

I don't want ASUU strike to end anymore
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2022
olaolaking:
So what would they do if they don't end it? They had lost back to back in court. What options do they have?

The guy sodeke is a devil. All appeals, persuades, cajole, etc didn't work. He was adamant. He was arrogant, but God had finally humble him

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Horlarwaileh(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2022
Another issue is coming looming if FG fail to pay them their 8month salary at their expected rate
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 6:59am On Oct 11, 2022
kingthreat:

If a rodents were able to comment, they will say something more intelligent than what you just wrote.
Your colleagues are listening

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by MuslimIgbo: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2022
PJ123:
You're the one that's very daft.
You want to be paid for abandoning your work for 8 months.
Government has failed every sector in Nigeria and if everyone should abandon work for 8 months, and expected to be paid. The money will just drop from the heaven.
Thieve and daft person calling someone people daft.
I was so happy with what government did fir them.
Why are they now accepting the offer of IPPS accomodating their peculiarities. They were shouting UTAS or nothing.
Only in Nigeria employees dictate payment platform for the employers.
How dumb and daft can you be ?
This is the same mentality that has plunged this country into its present sorry state.
Because many fools think that they should just accept whatever nonsense that's thrown at them.
You know that government is failing every sector, but people should not resist their irresponsibilities, senselessness and corrupt practices? Typical Nigerian!
- we leave you to God
- suffering and smiling etc
If sense is paining many of you, some of us won't allow you people to infect us with your stupidity.
You will forever remain a slave, if you don't fight for your right, or at least speak up.

THE VALUE OF NAIRA HAS BECOME COMPLETELY USELESS.
IN 2014, MY SALARY WAS ₦230K, WHICH WAS EQUIVALENT 1000 DOLLARS. NOW IN 2022, MY SALARY HAS INCREASED TO ₦300K, AFTER 2 PROMOTIONS, BUT YOU KNOW THE TWIST?

₦300K IS EQUIVALENT TO $400!!!
This is me becoming poorer and collecting less in reality. Even after two promotions and salary increment.

If not for other supports and side hustles, I can never sustain and survive this hardship, in a country where we're supposed to be living large.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by egunna(m): 7:02am On Oct 11, 2022
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 7:03am On Oct 11, 2022
gassbee:
ASUU no get choice na , FG has the power of tamimg their excesses
For the purpose of ruining the public university education as the states have done to public primary and secondary education?
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2022
sofeo:
The truth is, they themselves are actually getting really fed up, they never thought thing would be this messed up.

That's why they are trying to consider options they once rejected when the strike was still fresh.

If Buhari should continue to show them, the No Work No Pay policy, along with other tactics, they will continue to be weakened and consider resuming in no time.

Cowards.

Not necessary.....
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Bigchristo: 7:10am On Oct 11, 2022
TheRareGem1:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-were-hopeful-strike-will-end-in-a-few-days-says-ASUU/amp
Federal government has weakened ASUU to an extent of them accepting an option they once neglected when the strike newly started by creating a parallel union and promised them a juicy offer, don’t hold ground with government when you know there’s loopholes in your union, however I think ASUU should take revenge on government out of class room, wait for them during 2023 elections and f#ck things up for them grin grin let them know you have powers too
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Tunjibalogun: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2022
owiko:
The strike should end abeg, it has literally ruined this year for most people just like the pandemic did in 2020. I strolled into my Alma mater some weeks ago and I saw the once booming business venues lying in ruins, was just worried about the hardship some of these people could be facing. May the successive governments see education for what it really should be
Which uni is that?
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Tunjibalogun: 7:21am On Oct 11, 2022
benjanny:
Just as I no longer want my street to be having light

I don't want ASUU strike to end anymore
Your name must be satan
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gassbee: 7:24am On Oct 11, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

For the purpose of ruining the public university education as the states have done to public primary and secondary education?
so wats d way forward, you want to stil keep student at home for another year n run down d educational system completely
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gassbee: 7:30am On Oct 11, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

Keep FOOLING yourself.
Many of you are so daft to reason and apply wisdom to simple issues.
How are they cowards?
You think anyone care about the no work no pay? ASUU members salary has been held for 11 months before, they didn't die. WHETHER BUHARÎ LIKES IT OR NOT, HE MUST PAY THE SALARY ARREARS AND FULFILL THE 2009 AGREEMENT.
This is a fight to finish. Enough of FG's nonsense. Nobody really cares about the damn meagre salary.
which fight is there again, the FG has clearly won d fight dats y ASUU is considering returning back to work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by GavelSlam: 7:33am On Oct 11, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Neglection of public primary and secondary schools footing in public universities, you really love it?

Sharap.

You pay 80k per term for your kid in primary school but think it is a sin to pay 100k per session at university level.

Think with your head.
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by GavelSlam: 7:35am On Oct 11, 2022
MuslimIgbo:

How dumb and daft can you be ?
This is the same mentality that has plunged this country into it's present sorry state.
Because many fools think that they should just accept whatever nonsense that's thrown at them.
You know that government is failing every sector, but people should not resist their irresponsibilities, senselessness and corrupt. Typical Nigerian!
- we leave you to God
- suffering and smiling etc
If sense is paining many of you, some of us won't allow you people to infect us with your stupidity.
You will forever remain a slave, if you don't fight for your right, or at least speak up.

THE VALUE OF NAIRA HAS BECOME COMPLETELY USELESS.
IN 2014, MY SALARY WAS ₦230K, WHICH WAS EQUIVALENT 1000 DOLLARS. NOW IN 2022, MY SALARY HAS INCREASED TO ₦300K, AFTER 2 PROMOTIONS, BUT YOU KNOW THE TWIST?

₦300K EQUIVALENT TO $400!!!
This is me becoming poorer and collecting less in reality. Even after two promotions and salary increment.

If not for other supports and side hustles, I can never sustain and survive this hardship, in a country where we're supposed to be living large.

Yes, if Obi becomes president and makes importation the hallmark of his government, the Naira would become stronger.

You can't make this up.

2 Likes

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by GavelSlam: 7:36am On Oct 11, 2022
gp6liveth:

Who is this fool calling professors cowards

Shatap.

Why are you more interested in the lecturers than the students?

1 Like

Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by MuslimIgbo: 7:37am On Oct 11, 2022
gassbee:
which fight is there again, the FG has clearly won d fight dats y ASUU is considering returning back to work
ASUU will resume, but certain things will happen.

1) THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION IN THIS COUNTRY WILL HIT ROCK BOTTOM.
YOU CAN'T EXPECT PEOPLE WHOM YOU'RE MISTREATING TO PUT IN THEIR BEST INTO THE JOB.

2) ANOTHER STRIKE WILL START SOON. THE RESUMPTION WILL JUST BE TO OBEY COURT ORDERS. NO COURT CAN BAR ASUU FROM GOING ON STRIKE AGAIN.

3) CORRUPTION WILL INCREASE IN THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITIES:
- FORCE SALES OF HANDOUTS
- EXAM MALPRACTICES
- PROSTITUTION / SEXUAL HARASSMENTS
- CULTISM
- STEALING, ETC

NOTE: GOVERNMENT WILL STILL PAY THE SALARY ARREARS= THEIR LOSS.
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by tonyson010(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2022
sofeo:
The truth is, they themselves are actually getting really fed up, they never thought thing would be this messed up.

That's why they are trying to consider options they once rejected when the strike was still fresh.

If Buhari should continue to show them, the No Work No Pay policy, along with other tactics, they will continue to be weakened and consider resuming in no time.

Cowards.

Only a failed govt allows strike to linger this long in a critical sector like education.
in many places this is a big reason to vote out that govt. Unfortunately we have so much illiterates voting for leaders.

Vicious circle of poverty and hooliganism are what African leaders keep using to manipulate the citizens and remain in power.
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by tnerro1(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2022
If they don’t resume today, the labor ministry should take them to court for contempt of court and have them dissolved. From now on, government should deal with the new unions and relegate ASUU to the background
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by Roman7(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2022
GavelSlam:

Sharap.

You pay 80k per term for your kid in primary school but think it is a sin to pay 100k per session at university level.

Think with your head.

Na u suppose think with ur head. Which public school pay 80k/ term.
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by olaolaking: 9:30am On Oct 11, 2022
HeroicMeastro:

Well they could as well call off, and go back to strike after a day.
If at all u understand the court verdict
Probably you are the one who does not understand the court verdict.

They can't go on strike until court settle other matters as contained in the case.

Are you a lawyer?
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by VULCAN(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2022
I have always felt ASUU was run by academically sound but street stupid fellows.

For the last 20 yrs they have been striking nonstop yet they have never gotten what they want.

Can you really call yourself intelligent when you keep applying the same method to solve a problem despite the fact that the method fails every single time.
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by femagj(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
sofeo:

Cowards.

ASUU ti te, they are only looking for cheap way to cover their shame
Re: We're Hopeful The Strike Will End In A Few Days, Says ASUU by gaskiyamagana: 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
GavelSlam:

Sharap.

Think with your head.
Think with your head and advise the government to start collecting 100k per session.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'if Buhari Wins, Nigerians Will Be Running To Neighboring Countries To Feed - Fa / APC Wins Majority Seats In Benue Assembly Election: APC 21, PDP 10, LP 1 / Dame Patience Arrives Addis Ababa With 32 Aides For Au Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.