Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Christianity Is About Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is About Power (1932 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Christianity Is A Big Joke / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2011
[flash=450,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZyl_rxI2Y[/flash]
Christianity is a living thing there is just so much we are yet to explore in God

1Co 2:4 (KJV)
"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power"

Romans 15:19
"Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ"

1Thessalonians 1:5
"For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake"
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2011
Where are you Jo you need to see this video now
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Joagbaje(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2011
I love the scripture you quoted . That's a demonstration of the spirit. I was in that powerful meeting 2004. Were you there?
Re: Christianity Is About Power by mabell: 11:04am On Aug 17, 2011
@joagbaje
shocked :oare you serious, how was it, what happened there!!!?
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Joagbaje(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^
we used to have a yearly programme CRC (Charismatic renewal conference) there were so many miracles, manifestations and demonstrations of the spirit. It attracted people from different parts of the world . The crowd grew so fast every Year beyond what our property could contain, That's why the programme couldn't continue , till we have enough space.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 11:27am On Aug 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

I love the scripture you quoted . That's a demonstration of the spirit. I was in that powerful meeting 2004. Were you there?
oh no! l hate to think that l wasn't at that meeting in fact 2004 l was in Abuja and very involved in another church-CHRIST VICTORIOUS CHURCH, where l had grown up right from the children department learning the fundamentals and basics of the Christian faith that for me was a God ordained phase of immeasurable relevance in my formative days am still learning though but at a much more different level you know thats the beauty about life.

Am aware you also are a success of the children ministry I'd fancy any opportunity to hear your story one of these days.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by mabell: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
@joagbaje,
hmmm, i wonder where i was then undecided
campus ministry i guess
congrats o!
we are the products of several meetings, conferences e.t.c
i remember the Port Harcourt Higher Life Conference where we were taught about the anointing, where you there?
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
The first guy was already on his way down even before the shadow got to him. Preplanned I'll say.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Claus(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

I was in this meeting as well, although since I am no longer in CEC my opinion of what I think actually happened won't matter to you guys.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Zikkyy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

we used to have a yearly programme CRC (Charismatic renewal conference) there were so many miracles, manifestations and demonstrations of the spirit. It attracted people from different parts of the world . The crowd grew so fast every Year beyond what our property could contain, That's why the programme couldn't continue , till we have enough space.

They came for the show grin
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
Zikkyy:

They came for the show grin
A show you call it well what a show to be inspired and spiritually motivated by a consciousness of the reality of bible experiences especially in this context the life of the apostle Peter.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
@Zikkyy
Re: Christianity Is About Power by HISchild: 1:28am On Aug 18, 2011
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." - James 1:27

I pass no personal judgment, for GOD HIMSELF is Judge, The Lord JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF is Lawgiver, but beware! These prophecies have been and are being fulfilled, this is the word of GOD, ", Thy word is truth". Praise GOD! YAHWEH reigns!

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matthew 24:24

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Corinthians 11:13-15

"And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." - 2 Peter 2:2-4

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. " - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4,

"For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." - 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12

"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." - Revelation 13:13-14

"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone." - Revelation 19:20

Make no mistake, The Lord GOD is The miracle working GOD, but where there is The Original, there are virtually always counterfeits, some of which (as in this case), are/is detrimental! The only truth is contained in the infallible word of GOD, thus, search the holy Scriptures,, "watch and pray." The Kingdom of Heaven is near, "even at the doors"

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." - Romans 3:4

"The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works." - Psalm 145:17
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Zikkyy(m): 7:41am On Aug 18, 2011
newmi:

@Zikkyy

what grin

Edit: I just watched the video. Oyaks gat the breath of God shocked
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 12:19am On Aug 25, 2011
phxc:

The first guy was already on his way down even before the shadow got to him. Preplanned I'll say.
You call this Preplanned no think again please
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 12:41am On Aug 25, 2011
When l posted my first video some people said well its a show, others said oh well its Pastor Chris and its preplanned.
Well here is another video and guess what its not Pastor Chris but still God is not a respecter of persons Jesus is the same in Nigeria as much as He is in Zimbabwe and the same shadow demonstration of the power of Christ by a man of God. How many more videos will convince you anyway that why l have openned this thread it is a celebration of the power of Christ in Christianity
[flash=450,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vn23I0g4eI&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Claus(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
newmi:

When l posted my first video some people said well its a show, others said oh well its Pastor Chris and its preplanned.
Well here is another video and guess what its not Pastor Chris but still God is not a respecter of persons Jesus is the same in Nigeria as much as He is in Zimbabwe and the same shadow demonstration of the power of Christ by a man of God. How many more videos will convince you anyway that why l have openned this thread it is a celebration of the power of Christ in Christianity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvbH9k1DLw?t=1m20s

On the basis of your argument, the video above should further confirm your story right?
Magicians stage even more astounding tricks on a regular basis. Should people start believing in their power as well?

People don't need such dramatics to believe in Christ.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Claus:

On the basis of your argument, the video above should further confirm your story right?
Magicians stage even more astounding tricks on a regular basis. Should people start believing in their power as well?

Magic will remain what it is "MAGIC" that doesn't change the reality of the power of God available to Christianity

Claus:

People don't need such dramatics to believe in Christ.

Sure you are right they don't but when they do it is important they see for this simple reason
1 Corinthians 2:4-5
"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Claus(m): 9:08am On Aug 26, 2011
newmi:

Magic will remain what it is "MAGIC" that doesn't change the reality of the power of God available to Christianity

and tricks will remain tricks.

I don't doubt the power of God. I however, doubt those who are so keen that this power of God flows through them that they stage tricks like the above. I was at the meeting with Pastor Chris and I didn't believe it for one second. It's an example of why I'm no longer in C.E. God doesn't need people to pull tricks on His behalf.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Zikkyy(m): 10:00am On Aug 26, 2011
newmi:

When l posted my first video some people said well its a show

It's still a show grin

newmi:

A show you call it well what a show to be inspired and spiritually motivated by a consciousness of the reality of bible experiences especially in this context the life of the apostle Peter.

Apostle Peter's shadow served the purpose of healing the sick, it was not used for making people go crazy show grin What i don't understand is how pastor switch these powers on/off Oyaks shadow will not perform this 'magic' if oyak is not in the mood grin

If Oyaks really want to perform like Apostle Peter, he should take a walk around the teaching/general hospitals grin
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Claus(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2011
newmi:

Sure you are right they don't but when they do it is important they see for this simple reason
1 Corinthians 2:4-5
"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

If you read carefully from the beginning of 1 Corinthians 1, you'll see that the power that Paul was talking about is in the cross of Christ i.e. His death and ressurection.

Still on 1 Corinthians 1, if you look at verses 17 and 18 you'll see him referring to the power in the MESSAGE of the cross as being the power of God required for salvation.

If you look further at verse 22, you'll actually see him chastising the Jews for "demanding signs", instead of focussing on when "we preach Christ crucified".

Those that carry on seeking signs and wonders are setting themselves up for what was predicted in Matthew 24:24 below.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
[b][/b]
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
Claus:

If you read carefully from the beginning of 1 Corinthians 1, you'll see that the power that Paul was talking about is in the cross of Christ i.e. His death and ressurection.

Still on 1 Corinthians 1, if you look at verses 17 and 18 you'll see him referring to the power in the MESSAGE of the cross as being the power of God required for salvation.

If you look further at verse 22, you'll actually see him chastising the Jews for "demanding signs", instead of focussing on when "we preach Christ crucified".

Those that carry on seeking signs and wonders are setting themselves up for what was predicted in Matthew 24:24 below.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
[b][/b]
do you believe that era of signs, wonders and supernatural demonstrations of the power of God through the preaching of the gospel is still as alive and operative even today?
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Power of brain washing is what we have left today:[/size]

[flash=700,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryeDZVhEuAo?[/flash]
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Joagbaje(m): 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
That's anointing brodo grin
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 1:33am On Aug 30, 2011
MrBible:

[size=13pt]Power of brain washing is what we have left today:[/size]

[flash=700,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryeDZVhEuAo?[/flash]
That is Power

Joagbaje:

That's anointing brodo grin
You know what Jo l had seen that video before and even though l knew that the posted intended to make a mockery but l thought dear Jesus this in awesome l want to know you Lord! grin grin grin
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Sweetnecta: 4:24am On Aug 30, 2011
these people are clowns. you guys should wear wigs, and makeup and funny shoes and colorful oversize clothes.

you will quote paul liberally and whenever you quote your human god Mr. jesus, it is only a footnote to mr. saul who assaulted your mind.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Claus(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2011
newmi:

do you believe that era of signs, wonders and supernatural demonstrations of the power of God through the preaching of the gospel is still as alive and operative even today?

How does your question address any of the things I wrote above?

Do you believe that per Matthew 24:24, there are people trying to deceive the very elect by performing great signs and wonders?
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Image123(m): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2011
Christianity is an experience of God's kingdom, and the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Re: Christianity Is About Power by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
Image123:

Christianity is an experience of God's kingdom, and the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

singing "don't u wanna be a part of the kingdom" 3 times that's the kingdom of God!! grin
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
[flash=400,300]http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v/qMCJeEDulDk[/flash]
Re: Christianity Is About Power by newmi(m): 4:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
Hmmm mm
Re: Christianity Is About Power by Biox: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
@newmi @joeagbaje @Mabel

I believe in miracles an a living proof,but doesn't this one seem untrue? How can I shadow strike down someone in the name of the anointing,or special move from God.
Do we now follow practical signs instead of the word of God,is this whole show up necessary? Can't we accept and have faith in God without all the show up.does the show up strengthens our faith or take us far away from believing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How An Anointed Music Is Connected To Divine Ministration / W / "Repent To Those That Insult Men Of God"..read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.