Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation (50594 Views)

Nigerian Doctors In Uk Lament Exploitation, Slave Labour / Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / 7-Month-Old Baby's Head Continues To Swell As Parents Lament In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by gly(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sakamaje:
I've always felt that this latest wave of 'japa' frenzy is a carefully orchestrated 'voluntary' slave labour racket. Think about it. Africans are being made to cough out millions of naira to emigrate to the West, under the guise of going there to school or get better job opportunities. The school fees sef no be beans. Only to end up merely surviving on pittance at the end of the day. Some even end up doing more than one post-graduate degree just to legally remain in the country. Upon getting their degree sef, they still struggle to not only fit in but can barely land a job that pays high enough to justify all that expensive tuition, so since they can't escape the rat race they suck it up and join the already saturated low-paying labour market. And they can't even compete with the Brits in their own turf so they just have to settle for whatever jobs they can get.

As for the medical professionals being poached. After Nigeria subsidizes their education, the crafty Oyinbos poach them to come and work under slave labour conditions. The grass is always greener on the other side.

The grass is not always greener cheesy
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by gambojimeta: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
viodemus:
Go and sit down.

In Nigeria, nobody gives a hoot about you.

Why can't you file for your own paperwork, and be a direct employee.

Now you want to blame the UK, what about the Nigerians that are collecting the contract pay to pay you. Are those Nigerians doing anything to help your situation.

Everytime people want to hold UK and all these developed nations to a high standard, but the Nigeria you used to stay does not give 1 kobo concern about you; same as the Nigerians that helped you work that contract.

UK and those nations are becoming wiser, they are turning a blind eye as long as you are not their legal resident or citizen.

Is the same thing with the oil theft, Nigerian FG, sg, bunkerers, line tappers, thought they were doing anybody; now good and bad countries are stealing the oil from off shore and on shore. It is so bad that Nigerians don't know for sure how much oil is extracted, because we did not build the infrastructure and rigs. And when legit companies try to be honest, some people from Nigeria will go and be tapping their lines.

We are shouting to the high heavens about above level and a little below ground line taps, what about the sea shore tapping. Where Turkey or whoever can tap or even drill their own well, all under water, with underwater marine crafts. We lack all around expertise.

Back to the topic, Nigerians complain alot and claim rights when they are in sane countries. Why don't they go to Russia, China, Saudi, and all these wicked countries to complain and claim rights, make you see why.

if I were these same countries, i would be mean to undocumented and valueless nigerians on my soil. Afterall your own people don't care for you.

Pickmycall:
Most of those Nigerian doctors didn't stay at their duty post when they were working for Nigerian government hospitals.They have their own private hospitals that they operate that is why they are complaining.
I even wonder why he is complaining when Nigeria is only 6 hours away. When he returns to Nigeria, he would be treated like a King grin

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by GavelSlam: 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
dontrulee:

I don't do D&C. Not my thing and that's my principle. grin grin

If you come my consulting office for D&C, you go collect. grin

Hahaha.

Glad you have a conscience.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by blueAgent(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
ParasiteWest:

There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place.
The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery.
Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public.
The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly.
The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'

What a senseless comment.

Is the west that is responsible for Nigeria not have 24hrs light or is it the west that's is campaigning for a drug lord who is sick to become president, is it the west that loot our Oil revenues?

Talk like someone who is grownup and has sense.

Gaddafi was killed for his role in instigating war against Israel.

NWO.

There are things I cannot say here which you do not know.

If your 3rd eyes is open you understand my points.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Image123(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
ppogba:

There is no sellout anywhere. Supply in excess of demand. Very simple.
Remember, there is the NHS and other regulatory agencies to monitor the situation in England but believe me, when the opportunity presents itself such as having excess supply of doctors, even the "system" will turn blind eye.

Indeed. A problem only happening to Africans, newly recruited, especially Nigerians.

Augustine says he was so excited to be offered a job that he barely looked at the NES contract. In fact, it opted him out of legislation that protects UK workers from excessive working hours - the Working Time Directive - and left him vulnerable to a range of punishing salary deductions.

We have these guys parading as agents in Nigeria for people in healthcare for instance. They pay them much money and make them sign ridiculous greedy agreements where they deduct thousands of pounds in exchange for Visa processing etc. Na today?
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by H2ho(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
ParasiteWest:

The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery.
Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public.
you nailed it...this is world politics 405 grin grin

Obi can't do nothing either,secure your pocket my friend grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Pickmycall: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
gambojimeta:

I even wonder why he is complaining when Nigeria is only 6 hours away. When he returns to Nigeria, he would be treated like a King grin
Where he wan see work for here?

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by blueAgent(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
ppogba:

You have made good points but totally disagree that it is " a carefully orchestrated voluntary slave labour racket" The Europeans did not force anybody. I am not aware of any slave ship at APAPA or TINCAN port loading people to Europe. People are leaving on their own will and the normal nigerian mentality has even made youths to see it as ALL IN ALL.

Have you ever wondered why South Africans are not leaving as much as Nigerians?
Have you bothered to look at what Nigeria and Pakistan amongsts the largest contributors of the emigrant doctors have in common? Simple answer, POVERTY.

You are smart.
Some ppl reason from their backside ,with emotions
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by InvertedHammer: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
/
The only thing I see here is that they are complaining that they really have to work. People talk about medical doctors and how much money they make especially in US. But if you know how many long hours they put in, you will know that the ones really enjoying are their spouses and children. 24 hours is not out of the ordinary. Now consider those with two jobs. Even nurses are not spared. Some have two or more jobs. Who said life is easy? I hope they didn't carry their Nigerian work ethics to UK.

/

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by ppogba: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
blueAgent:

You made no sense here.

Okay sir.

Thank you sir.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by ParasiteWest: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
gambojimeta:

Shut the fuk up dumbass. When Canada and the US don reject you visa like 10 times, you begin to hate on them and wish evil and suffering on those that got the visa. Continue posting anti west from now till tomorrow, Nigerians would still continue to japa to the West while you will remain stuck in the shithole.
You're just a lunatic.
There's a good number of your type on Nairaland but you're not in the majority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by phemmyfour: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
baby124:

A lot of their agents are all over the internet promoting japa. Nigerian government sadly is too stupid to curb them. Especially on NL, Linda Ikeji and Instablog. The fact is they need slave labor. If Nigerians don’t travel abroad especially UK to pay for education for instance, some UK schools will close. They also made school visa’s very easy. Visa’s that after you finish school you won’t be able to find work. They will now be threatening with deportation if you don’t quickly leave after paying such huge sums. All a scam.
I dey tell you....life after school in UK isn't easy

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by scottsammy: 3:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Forget all this talk of exploitation.
Please if you know any nurse planning to japa also seeking a husband..abeg I am available.. I am a loveable and caring man just send me a private message and let's start from there..

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by gambojimeta: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
ParasiteWest:

You're just a lunatic.
There's a good number of you on Nairaland but you're not in the majority.
Irony: Stupid boy dey Canada dey complain about West. Why don't you return to Nigeria if you have any pride left in you, instead of staying back and cleaning toilets in malls.

Ps. Return the stolen ID card to the rightful owner. grin

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by scottsammy: 3:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
Forget all this talk of exploitation.
Please if you know any nurse planning to japa also seeking a husband..abeg I am available.. I am a loveable and caring man just send me a private message and let's start from there..

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by maxwelltennyson(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
ParasiteWest:

I wish I can like the quote a thousand times, until we as Africans defeat the west either economically or by war we will remain where are on this planet,it is said the strong shall press the neck of the weak.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by ParasiteWest: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
gambojimeta:

Irony: Stupid boy dey Canada dey complain about West. Why don't you return to Nigeria if you have any pride left in you, instead of staying back and cleaning toilets in malls.

Ps. Return the stolen ID card to the rightful owner. grin
I don't understand, who or what frustrated you?
Please don't mention me.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by SunTzu123(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
ironheart:
Hahaha, we can complain sha. It is not exploitation, that is how they work over there. UK is not Nigeria where you get paid for doing nothing. Its not about going there. I keep telling people there is no where in the world where they pay you for doing nothing. Over there, they pay you but you go work your ass.

Very correct; a typical Nigerian worker puts in effectively 3 to 4 hours of work on an 8 hour work day. They will jist, receive endless visitors that have absolutely nothing to do with work. Over there, one hour work means one real hour of work. That's why they don't joke with their break time/holiday. We have a lot to learn.

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by ebufa: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They will be alright las las.

The God of Nigerian tax payers whose money was used to train them before they abandoned the country after their training is a God of justice.

Many of them were misled ,ignorant and too self-centred by thinking they can cheat the tax payers but they can not cheat and go scot free. Imagine leaving Nigeria here as a healthcare professional , when you are not oloriburuku masanfaani ,only to be a slave overseas shocked? No be juju and curse be that?

They better come back home and pay their debt to Nigeria before they die in slave camps and get buried in unmarked graves.
check my signature for free stuffs!

strangely......these same doctors become ghosts you cannot see when they are working in our general and teaching hospitals! people die waiting to see doctors in public hospitals in nigeria! Las las The government of fulanis and afonjas have ruined the country! Pay the doctors and lecturers well,even if you have to print currency via ways and means.................instead APC illiterates subsidize the corrupt elites greed by maintaing a 2 tier forex market and fraudulent petrol importation!

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
There is no place like home, as you can see slave trade has not finished, they just changed the packaging.

They create unfavorable conditions here so that our graduates can go over there to become slaves, yeah you earn pounds but compared to the living conditions and expenses it aint much, you cant even transfer your wealth over there to here (if you know what I mean).

At least doctors here are demigods, even FG dey pet them. Can you force a Nigerian doctor in Nigeria to work 16hrs straight whether private or public hospitals? Na.

This is the modern day slave trade, cheap labor from developing countries with no pensionable jobs and no guaranteed security.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Arysexy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
Una one day salary in UK na Ur one month salary in Nigeria.

Make Una shut up and work. Na work and money carry una go UK not to be comparing yourselves with oyinbo.

Me sef dey join Una next year if APC or PDP wins, but God forbid sha
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Rechargeam247(f): 4:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
Well, in life the same things doesn't work for everybody. It works for some and doesn't work for some others.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by MrUchenna1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
more money more problems
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by blaquebelle: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They will be alright las las.

The God of Nigerian tax payers whose money was used to train them before they abandoned the country after their training is a God of justice.

Many of them were misled ,ignorant and too self-centred by thinking they can cheat the tax payers but they can not cheat and go scot free. Imagine leaving Nigeria here as a healthcare professional , when you are not oloriburuku masanfaani ,only to be a slave overseas shocked? No be juju and curse be that?

They better come back home and pay their debt to Nigeria before they die in slave camps and get buried in unmarked graves.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You're so bitter. You could have passed your point across in a less vile manner.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by HBB1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
cletz991:
A whole doctor de complain ,wetin caregiver go con talk?
Belike say this uk caregiver visa go be like Chinese factory work o.work 1 month ,sleep 2 weeks for clinic

cheesy grin
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by kinguwem: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
The Coivid-19 pandemic exacerbated physician shortages & burnout worldwide.

In Nigeria, we've adopted task sharing & shifting to less-specialized cadres as a way of maintaining healthcare services. Since services are maintained, the government & healthcare administrators have gone to sleep pretending that all is well. Even though globally, there has been a great deal of debate about the expediency, efficacy and modalities of task shifting, here it's not a problem. Despite the shortage of doctors, employing them is a problem. Those in service are not really better off: poor remuneration, burnout, sudden death etc. The rest do slave jobs in practice hospitals & the last resort is usually to go abroad for greener pastures.

Those abroad esp. in the UK, USA despite the better remuneration are still complaining of burnout. But there, pay is based on hours on duty & there is pay for overtime unlike what happens here.

Recently, most medical schools in the country have not graduated doctors because of the prolonged ASUU strike. We should think ahead & start planning how to handle the situation. I foresee the situation getting worse.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Gwan2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
RAT RACE.

Believe me, if naija see a level of improvement and manage to be on par with even Ghana, 80% of emigrants that left naija will come back in droves.

The experience in the western world is so pathetic to lots of immigrants.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Munamoqel: 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
My brother left for UK August last year and came back last month just to pay us a visit abeg the boy don chop up wella and he said he only works 20hrs a week based on the student visa he is on abeg people dey chop money comfortably for that side make God just dey person side. Person wey be like broomstick twin don chop up. I been come dey wonder say wetin I still dey do here but anyways na here me go hammer cool
na genetically modified food .very cheap and poisonous !

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by 3kay945(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
DevilSignature:
cheesy

if we allow Buhari antecedent to continue in this country only Doctor Sid and small doctor will remain in this damn country, then will be grilling on dead bodies instead of his usual vultures.

grin
That yeye dude

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by baby124: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2019/06/13/giles-dawnay-doctor-suicide-how-many-more/

Large amount of their doctors commit suicide! Shebi na una over wise from Nigeria. You never see anything yet! UK is paved with gold and diamond. You people believe the fairytale in any movie cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by peacettw: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
Marigold2rock:

Bro this ur assertion doesn't apply to doctors working in Nigeria, cos u will work ur ass off in addition to the poor working environment. 24hrs call duty will nearly finish ur life.
No think am o, doctors dey really see shege for dis Naija

Again, whatever you have listed is not considered as work over there. Try 5.30am daily ward rounds, being on night call almost every other day including weekends. Drinking tons of coffee just to remain sane, enduring institutional racism etc.

And when you do finally catch a break, you are released back to a society who doesnt give a shit about you. If you die, you die with prompt replacement even before your body gets to the morgue.

Let me know if you can handle all that in Nigeria and then we'll talk

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
HBB1:

Keep deceiving yourself...

Did he tell you he probably drives a benz and can earn up to 6k pounds, after tax( if he works a whole month)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugandan Girl Commits Suicide In Dubai By Falling Off Apartment / Christ Embassy To Build World Class Hospital On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway / Doctors Operate On Woman 21 Times, Set To Conduct The 22nd Surgery. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.