Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation (50540 Views)

Nigerian Doctors In Uk Lament Exploitation, Slave Labour / Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / 7-Month-Old Baby's Head Continues To Swell As Parents Lament In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Karnice600: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
EcoBrick:

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/11/doctors-recruited-nigeria-others-work-uk-hospitals-lament-exploitation-slave-labour

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63141929

If this were to be in Russia or China, you won’t hear this because the victims won’t even have a voice in the first place. This can also happen in the US, but the little hope you have in a system that fights oppression on freedom of expression would make you voice it out and still feel you’re human too. The West could be evil but imagine what would have become of the black race if world changing events didn’t happen on the American soil. Martin Luther King pushed, same cause Nelson Mandela pushed for in a different terrain and style. Freedom;
-To express yourself.
-To live and let live.
-To exercise the right to be human and rightly treated so.

The embarrassment your brother gets for having a flat nose will one day get to you, your son or your son’s son. So long as it is a genetic symbol of your identity and uniqueness. The world is evil, but at least where your voice can be heard, can be your next home or saving grace away from home.
The new world order some Africans crave with the Russian and Chinese authoritarian system will be so ruthless as to strangle a Nelson Mandela from the cradle.

What’s happening in Ukraine is a pointer to this. No one wants the best for Africa. Unfortunately she has a necessary decision to make; making a selection among the evils available. A liberal world or a Suppressive autocratic one where opposing views are sent behind bars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by UjuJoan2: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
Una dooo ooh.

UK is not Nigeria when you can come and go as you like while on duty.

I watched Greys Anatomy and realized Medical Doctors in Nigeria have it tooo easy!

Maybe they should go back to Nigeria. Last last nobody is forcing them to stay in the abroad.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by bigiyaro(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
When will those modafvckin English people stop sucking the blood line and wealth of Africa? After raiding and looting our natural resources, they are now looting our best brains. Thunder fire una dia.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
[quote author=oladipuposadeeq post=117469264]My brother left for UK August last year and came back last month just to pay us a visit abeg the boy don chop up wella and he said he only works 20hrs a week based on the student visa he is on abeg people dey chop money comfortably for that side make God just dey person side. Person wey be like broomstick twin don chop up. I been come dey wonder say wetin I still dey do here but anyways na here me go hammer wink[/quote

. .

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by NLPoliceWoman: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
DevilSignature:
cheesy

if we allow Buhari antecedent to continue in this country only Doctor Sid and small doctor will remain in this damn country, then will be grilling on dead bodies instead of his usual vultures.
Again,
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by CSTRR: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2022
Recruitment agencies wahala.
They want to make their money.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by DevilSignature: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:

Again,
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 2
u no go rest?
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by HBB1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
UjuJoan2:
Una dooo ooh.

UK is not Nigeria when you can come and go as you like while on duty.

I watched Greys Anatomy and realized Medical Doctors in Nigeria have it tooo easy!

Maybe they should go back to Nigeria. Last last nobody is forcing them to stay in the abroad.

From watching Greys Anatomy?

Did you also realize Nigerian Soldiers have it easy from watching 'Black Hawk Down?'

No dey cap rubbish abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by toujurs: 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
OkutaNla:
For these Nigerians to be raising alarm, then the matter don serious be dat.
it's worst in our own country called Nigeria in all sectors.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by HBB1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ladipo35:

Many people will gladly come back home if situation gets better. The "come back home" you people dey always yearn na gel at all

Of course...

People will come back home when there is 24hrs light, security, cheap food, good healthcare, education, job satisfaction, appropriate wages, credit from banks...

Need I go on?

Some people will still be shot next week by Ipob, Boko Haram or Bandits and nothing will happen.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Helpout12345: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
Here we go again. Nobody forces you to remain in the UK. Go back to Nigeria where you will have to go on strike to get paid.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by mu2sa2: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They will be alright las las.

The God of Nigerian tax payers whose money was used to train them before they abandoned the country after their training is a God of justice.

Many of them were misled ,ignorant and too self-centred by thinking they can cheat the tax payers but they can not cheat and go scot free. Imagine leaving Nigeria here as a healthcare professional , when you are not oloriburuku masanfaani ,only to be a slave overseas shocked? No be juju and curse be that?

They better come back home and pay their debt to Nigeria before they die in slave camps and get buried in unmarked graves.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Chai, japa into slavery in UK or to canada to be "killed" by cold!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by wealthgoddess: 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sakamaje:
I've always felt that this latest wave of 'japa' frenzy is a carefully orchestrated 'voluntary' slave labour racket. Think about it. Africans are being made to cough out millions of naira while going through rigorous visa procurement process in their quest to emigrate to the West (not as expatriates o), under the guise of going there to school or get better job opportunities.

The school fees sef no be beans. Only to end- up merely surviving on pittance at the end of the day. Some even end-up doing more than one post-graduate degree just to legally remain in the country. And upon getting the degree sef, they still struggle to not only fit-in but can barely land a job that pays high enough to justify all that expensive tuition. Since they can't escape the rat-race they suck-it up and join the already saturated low-paying labour market. They can't even compete with the Brits in their own turf so they just have to settle for whatever jobs they can get.

As for the medical professionals being poached, after Nigeria subsidizes their education, the crafty Oyinbos poach them to come and work under slave labour conditions. The grass is always greener on the other side.
For now, Asian countries like Russia, China, etc., seem to be the best available alternative. I am also strongly backing the unpopular opinion that tertiary education in Nigeria (especially for medical studies) should no longer be subsidized.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by cigaricon(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Their cup of tea. My own is that when Nigeria eventually becomes better, they should not even come close to it's doorstep cos na Ogun go finally strike them angry When you abandon your own home go another man country cos you think you'll find milk and honey there, who you expect gon fix your home for you. If we all join hands and ruggedly make our country better, is it not all of us that's going to enjoy it? But no you feel running away will solve your problem. Them oyinbos wey make their country beta you think it's by magic? Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by dominique(f): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Chijeep:
Is this only happening to me or have I been banned from commenting on POLITICS

You were banned by the spambots, you have been unbanned now

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by cucumbar: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
OneEyedSnake:
Lol

They didn't know that wages for medical doctors have dropped sharply in the US and Europe since Jewish medical insurance firms bought all the hospitals including the NHS .

Idiots.
any link/backup to your claim?
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by cucumbar: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2022
Himtulie247:
Make I Laugh grin grin grin

I japa go Brazil in search of Greener Pasture through the influence of my childhood friend.......... shocked shocked shocked But only to find out that the only Greener pasture in Brazil is the GREENISH COCAINE leaf angry grin grin cheesy

For. those of you that have less knowledge about Cocaine ! This is the Devilish Leaf that produce it angry angry angry
you mean say nothing Dey Brazil?
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by olumike001(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
socialmediaman:

This is astonishing! I believe these are the best of the best too. The effects will be seen in the Nigeria health sector in a few years

On the topic though, the issue should be looked into, if you speak up, your case will be addressed, better than it ever will be in Nigeria. I know doctors all over the world have been working long hours since the pandemic

What are the effect of the white people all over in our companies here, Glo,MTN, road construction etc. To there country?
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by MuMuOnBail: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
grin

Una never see Shege!!

When I ran back, My family and friends called me Mumu on bail,
they said I was lazy and my village people have locked my brain.

But to the glory of Allah, I am balling and living far better than all my colleagues I left behind

As I keep saying, Abroad is not meant for every body,
If it favour you all praise to God, but if it does not favour you,
please don't be ashamed come back home.

I stayed and worked in 2 different continent, 2 different countries and I have travelled to 6 countries.
But na Naija still give me peace of mind......NA REAL MUMUONBAIL I BE undecided

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Litmus: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
socialmediaman:

This is astonishing! I believe these are the best of the best too. The effects will be seen in the Nigeria health sector in a few years

On the topic though, the issue should be looked into, if you speak up, your case will be addressed, better than it ever will be in Nigeria. I know doctors all over the world have been working long hours since the pandemic

I HA and HO over the bolded. You must not understand the UK system. If you do understand and know about stuff like blacklisting due to whistle -blowing and understand how, down the line, whistle blowing by newcomers (or immigrants if you will) to Britain may even go as far as impacting the recruiting of Nigeria professionals into the Uk in favour of professionals from other competing nations instead, then you do Nigerians in general a disfavour. Speak up ko, speak down nii, British justice and fare-play my ass!

The need by some to twist the knife into the side of Nigeria on every topic and situation, informed by political motivations, is turning the brain of the average Nigerian into mush. I feel it is making Nigerians inobservant and dull witted. undecided
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by jojothaiv(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sakamaje:

As for the medical professionals being poached, after Nigeria subsidizes their education, the crafty Oyinbos poach them to come and work under slave labour conditions. The grass is always greener on the other side.
The farmers in the trenches beg to differ...
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by OdefaGirl(f): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
That NES of a company is just a type that dangles bone before the dog..... They know how desperate most of us are for a better life and they make their migration easier.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Masterito(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Speak up when you no jobs in Nigeria? If UK ban Nigerians from coming to work in the UK, Nigerian will beg.
Moh247:
wink

Nigerians too like complain

But honestly caregivers and nurses go through alot there and I wonder why they are not speaking up like these doctors

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Litmus: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
If they lament too much, recruitment of Nigeria professionals will cease. The usefulness of Nigeria professionals in the field discussed on this forum in regards to the UK is largely as a force able to tolerate conditions and wages unacceptable to indigenes. Soon as Nigerians start asserting rights and conditions the Brits will note this and sometime in the future they will look for the relevant quota of professional dogsbody from some other third world shithole!

My intention is not to disparage Nigeria or Nigerians but to wake up those that too often eulogise the West. My suggestion would be that if you're a Nigeria nurse or doctor , complaining of Nigeria, and decided to leave Nigeria with your family for the UK, Canada, America, then please work hard over there as you wished the Nigeria state to work hard for you when you were in Nigeria. Put your head down and work as hard as you are able, tolerate the conditions and help your new country keep their health systems running well. You chose to relocate don't now go complaining there as you complained in Nigeria. Don't be thought of as moaning-minnies! At least give Nigerians the reputation of being hard workers so that the Nigerians back home become sort after materials.

O, forgot to mention, beware of your role as unwitting Patsies for anything that goes wrong in the system , especially if India doctors are at fault.

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Chijeep(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
dominique:

You were banned by the spambots, you have been unbanned now
Thanks. Maybe it's because I'm OBIdient grin
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by HBB1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
cigaricon:
Their cup of tea. My own is that when Nigeria eventually becomes better, they should not even come close to it's doorstep cos na Ogun go finally strike them angry When you abandon your own home go another man country cos you think you'll find milk and honey there, who you expect gon fix your home for you. If we all join hands and ruggedly make our country better, is it not all of us that's going to enjoy it? But no you feel running away will solve your problem. Them oyinbos wey make their country beta you think it's by magic? Mtcheew

Unfortunately, when Nigeria gets better, they will come back and get the top jobs.

It's not about emotions, but what you can offer.

The returnee professionals will have more (international) exposure and will be better trained.

It has always been this way and will always be this way.

So...
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by kay29000(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sakamaje:
I've always felt that this latest wave of 'japa' frenzy is a carefully orchestrated 'voluntary' slave labour racket. Think about it. Africans are being made to cough out millions of naira while going through rigorous visa procurement process in their quest to emigrate to the West (not as expatriates o), under the guise of going there to school or get better job opportunities.

The school fees sef no be beans. Only to end- up merely surviving on pittance at the end of the day. Some even end-up doing more than one post-graduate degree just to legally remain in the country. And upon getting the degree sef, they still struggle to not only fit-in but can barely land a job that pays high enough to justify all that expensive tuition. Since they can't escape the rat-race they suck-it up and join the already saturated low-paying labour market. They can't even compete with the Brits in their own turf so they just have to settle for whatever jobs they can get.

As for the medical professionals being poached, after Nigeria subsidizes their education, the crafty Oyinbos poach them to come and work under slave labour conditions. The grass is always greener on the other side

Damn! This last paragraph is deep. I hope it doesn't go over some people's heads.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by kay29000(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
OkutaNla:
For these Nigerians to be raising alarm, then the matter don serious be dat.

LMAO grin grin
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by BiGVEEN58(m): 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sakamaje:

Sakamaje. You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by virginchaser(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
gambojimeta:

Irony: Stupid boy dey Canada dey complain about West. Why don't you return to Nigeria if you have any pride left in you, instead of staying back and cleaning toilets in malls.

Ps. Return the stolen ID card to the rightful owner. grin

You won't understand his pain now but i pray you will one day. I can feel him. You really pushed him to the extreme.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by BiGVEEN58(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
DesChyko:

I don't understand this part.

Do people study medicine in Nigeria for free? undecided

Please, where does this happen?

University education in Nigeria is vastly subsidized. One of the cheapest anywhere in the world.
Tax payer’s money pays the subsidy.
Re: Doctors Recruited From Nigeria To Work In UK Hospitals Lament Exploitation by Upworkwriter007(f): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
Racoon:
It is serious. Not all that glitters is always gold. This to affirm and confirm the doubts of those who are convinced that japa is not the solution.
Ehn? This conditions are still better than what doctors in Nigeria suffer. 36 hours call nah joke? It's not as good as NHS, that's the point. Don't stay in fire because you're scared of frying pan. Have you even asked yourself why those doctors ain't coming back?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration / Christ Embassy To Build World Class Hospital On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway / Blue Water Coming Out Of South African Taps (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.