Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers (30900 Views)

Wike Appoints Chidi Amadi As Chief Of Staff / Wike Appoints Chinda As Senior Special Assistant On Land, Urban Planning / Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Condemns Wike's Appointment Of 14,000 Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by kahal29: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
WIKE APPOINTS 14,000 ADVISERS, 359 LIAISON OFFICERS

The Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has appointed 14,000 (fourteen thousand) advisers for various political units in the State.

The governor, in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Kelvin Ebiri on Tuesday, said the advisers will play a pivotal role in the administration.

"In addition to the 14,000 advisers, Governor Wike has also appointed 319 Ward Liaison Officers and 40 Local Government Area Liaison Officers. The appointments are with immediate effect."

Kelvin Ebiri
Special Assistant Media to the Rivers State Governor

October 11, 2022.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0q5jaMbRaeGeycoiMdHgDSxrQwEViNAS3sc8QajTxS8frSM9E5V1S9ScJ3mTdFmAl&id=100069326644737&eav=AfY4hbV_n_28mKSelaMEx2tzDO8wLqBUgNoFhcAv6pzoB4MqoDq7vMVkX8qwDUVtvp8&paipv=0&_rdr

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by fergie001: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
This can only mean one thing!

...Stifle any person coming to the PU to vote internal opposition. cheesy

Trinitycian:

Tell us grin
These are the people at the PUs that will tell voters that Senate/HoR is for PDP but President is for ........... tongue

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Urheadmaster(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
The only man that would have been a better option for PDP tongue undecided

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Trinitycian: 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:
This can only mean one thing? wink

Tell us grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Very good, bringing governance closer to the people.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by LikeAking: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
Nonsense!

So people will eat after building many bridges.

Putting d people at the end.

Na Dem, Dem.

Make I guru up finish, begin to chop money..

Bleep the government.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Aiel123: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:
This can only mean one thing?

These are the people at the PU that will tell voters that Senate is for PDP but President is for ........... tongue
Hmmm ...
Your way of thinking is out of this world ( I'm being real,not hyping)

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by richidinho(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:
This can only mean one thing?

These are the people at the PU that will tell voters that Senate is for PDP but President is for ........... tongue

.........Labour Party, onbehalf of all obidients, we are grateful

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by AllTheWayUp: 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
grin grin grin
Power Drunk Mad man Wike
Is this the kind of person that wants to be president
Wike knows no matter how hard he tries, Atiku will still poll more 45 percentage of Rivers state Presidential votes cast.
No other south south Governor is in Wike's camp, they all voted against him in PDP Presidential Primary election

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Trinitycian: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

These are the people at the PUs that will tell voters that Senate/HoR is for PDP but President is for ........... tongue

He'll fail, if that's his plan

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Moferere: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Na the season
Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by AllTheWayUp: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wike time is up....Wike going... going.....gone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Jflex07(m): 6:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wike Sabi mumu I swear.. He thinks Everything is by gra gra... Very useless Governor . In few months time he will no longer be at the helm of affairs in my dear state..

28 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by AllTheWayUp: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

Bro Wike has failed already, he is fighting a lost battle.
At Worst if Atiku doesn't win Rivers State, Atiku will get nothing less than 45% Votes in Rivers State without Wike behind Obi , nothing for Tinubu in Rivers State, the best Tinubu can get here in Rivers State is 3rd position, even Wike can't come out his full chest and ask Rivers State residents to Vote Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket.... Fear no go let Wike try am
The only Candidate that will be able to defeat Atiku in Rivers State is Peter Obi.

Alhaji Bola Ahmed Tinubu will come distant third in Rivers state...Quote me anywhere
Most of the top PDP Chieftains and strongmen in Rivers State have fallen out with Wike.
Austin Opara, Celestine Omehia, Uche Secondus, Farah Dagogo
They were all in Uyo yesterday with Atiku .
All South South Governors except for Wike were with Atiku yesterday in Uyo and they also voted for Atiku and voted against Wike in PDP Presidential Primary election.
We have said it countless time that Wike has no influence in the south South region.
Wike is just a rabble rouser and noise maker , he exposes all his plan and next moves to his enemies because of his loud mouth

Atiku camp already knows all Wike's moves and next moves, because most of those Governors in Wike's camp mostly Governor Ortom of Benue State, Governor Ikpeazu, and Governor Ugwuwanyi still go behind the loud mouthed Wike and have secret meetings with Atiku's camp in Abuja.
Ask ur self the questions why are those Governors in Wike camp not taking the same vindictive actions Wike is taking against Atiku and PDP in Rivers State.
The other south South Governors no send Wike and they all worked against him during PDP Presidential Primary election.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by nnachukz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
Election empowerment. If you know, you know.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by fergie001: 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
AllTheWayUp:
That's why I was saying the other time that Atiku will lose more if he allows Ayu leave.

In Wike's own SS, he is the only person standing. CRS is another State he has a firm ground because of his boy, Sandy. The other Camp had pushed forward Gershom but lost. How Liyel will navigate through is up to the politricks of the State.

Wike has one more card to play, I believe he is waiting for January.

Trinitycian:

He'll fail, if that's his plan
He over-played his game before and after the Primaries. He fought too many people and showed his hands too many too often. Politically, there is no way back.

Makinde has no choice, no sitting PDP Senator in his State. 9 of 14 HoR members are APC. He is going up for a second term after Tinubu (a man you should fear politically), will get his own shot first and have the luxury of asking one of Adelabu/Folarin to support each other, with the incline of Adeleke who will then be Gov returning Makinde's favour.

An Ortom who is the most vulnerable PDP Governor today. He is not even sure of the prospects of Titus Uba. He can't even touch Ayu now otherwise he will be on Ground Zero.

With the LP resurgence, it's not yet Uhuru for Ikpeazu.

The only man that's a bit comfortable is Ugwuanyi.

It's a cul-de-sac for them, I don't envy them.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Blue3k(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
lol your tax naira hard at work.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Eteka1(m): 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
Atiku is finished in Rivers

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Sulele04(m): 6:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

That's why I was saying the other time that Atiku will lose more if he allows Ayu leave.

In Wike's own SS, he is the only person standing. CRS is another State he has a firm ground because of his boy, Sandy. The other Camp had pushed forward Gershom but lost. How Liyel will navigate through is up to the politricks of the State.

I don't understand how Atiku will lose more if Ayu leaves.

It is not only Wike nah, 5 have so far boycotted Atiku's campaign.

Is Ayu more important than those 5 governors.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by AllTheWayUp: 6:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

Well said bro
Wike has more enemies than Friends who are leaking his next moves to Atiku's camp, same thing is happening in the North to Tinubu, those APC Northern Governors are snitches to Atiku rather than allies to Tinubu
Atiku will not make the same mistake Goodluck Jonathan made by succumbing to Amaechi and other nPDP members in 2014 to replace his loyalist Bamanga Tukur as PDP Chairman with the nPDP preferred choice Adamu Muazu former Governors of Bauchi State who coincidentally is now part of the Atiku camp
Wike is seriously trouble and depressed that Atiku has checkmated all his his moves.
Wike should open his eyes and realize that those he calls members of his inner circle or camp are actually his enemies divulging his next moves to Atiku's camp

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by fergie001: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sulele04:

I don't understand how Atiku will lose more if Ayu leaves.

It is not only Wike nah, 5 have so far boycotted Atiku's campaign.

Is Ayu more important than those 5 governors.
Obaseki said from Day 1, if Ayu leaves...he leaves.
Adeleke is on Ayu MUST stay. He will be Gov when election starts.
Okowa, Diri, Udom have insisted Ayu MUST stay.

In the North, asides Ortom, not one PDP Gov is on Ayu must go and except Bala Mohammed who has recanted because of his 2nd term. So do the maths!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by AllTheWayUp: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

Adeleke has reiterated the same thing.

In the North, asides Ortom, not one PDP Gov is on Ayu must go, except Bala Mohammed who has recanted because of his 2nd term. So do the maths!
Respect u Sabi politics well
21 gun salutes for u
All those Politically myopic Deji Adeyanju will be posting thrash saying Ayu must leave.
Ayu has backing of most PDP Governors compared to Wike's camp even the Wike's camp 3 of those Governors (Ikpeazu, Ortom and Ugwuwanyi) are just acting as informant for Atiku by decieving Wike they are with him

18 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Sulele04(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

Adeleke is on Ayu MUST stay. He will be Gov when election starts.

In the North, asides Ortom, not one PDP Gov is on Ayu must go and except Bala Mohammed who has recanted because of his 2nd term. So do the maths!
Interesting anyways majority wins, the funny thing is these Pdp governors can still go behind and strike a deal with Apc like they did in 2019.

There are rumours that the 5 would still queue behind Obi sha, that might also be the reason Labour Campaign Council hasn't been approved yet cause it said that those 5 are part of it.

Anyways I just feel for Atiku cause he is not winning in 2023 by any chance except he can manage to woo those remaining 4 from Wike if he can't win Wike over.

He is less stronger than he is already in 2019, there is already huge pressure on Kwankwanso to step down but I don't think he will bulge.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by another1: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wasteful of a governor
Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by fergie001: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sulele04:

Interesting anyways majority wins, the funny thing is these Pdp governors can still go behind and strike a deal with Apc like they did in 2019.

There are rumours that the 5 would still queue behind Obi sha, that might also be the reason Labour Campaign Council hasn't been approved yet cause it said that those 5 are part of it.

Anyways I just feel for Atiku cause he is not winning in 2023 by any chance except he can manage to woo those remaining 4 from Wike if he can't win Wike over.
In 2019, the South carried Atiku. Now, he has some resurgence in the North with Buhari not on the ballot but will it be enough to make up or better the Southern support he had in 2019, time shall tell.

Again, listen there is probably nothing Atiku will give to Wike that will make him work for him (Atiku). The Ayu must go is a bait to hold on to. His losing the VP-slot drew the line forget it, there is no way back. Wike fights with everything and he was over 80% assured he will win, he rarely forgives politically. He has a set of demands and Ayu is Number One. Do you know number two, three, four or fifth demand?

I will give you an example: When Obaseki defected to PDP before the Edo election, it was the same Wike who used Oredo HoR, Ogbeide-Ihama to drag GO to a Rivers High Court to bend him and Obaseki had little choice, he agreed everything. If Arapaja is made Chairman today, that is when you will know Wike. He will use the Courts, get demands and force Atiku to even sign off his assets.
Atiku has some of these information, the reason he has held on.

He is less stronger than he is already in 2019, there is already huge pressure on Kwankwanso to step down but I don't think he will bulge.
Kwankwaso sees himself as the modern Aminu Kano.

When Awo approached Kano (of PRP, then a mushroom Party) to be his running mate, he flatly told him NO. Personally, I don't think he will back anybody but it is beleived he is anti-Atiku.

18 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Trinitycian: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

He over-played his game before and after the Primaries. He fought too many people and showed his hands too many too often. Politically, there is no way back.

Makinde has no choice, no sitting PDP Senator in his State. 9 of 14 HoR members are APC. He is going up for a second term after Tinubu (a man you should fear politically), will get his own shot first and have the luxury of asking one of Adelabu/Folarin to support each other, with the incline of Adeleke who will then be Gov returning Makinde's favour.

An Ortom who is the most vulnerable PDP Governor today. He is not even sure of the prospects of Titus Uba. He can't even touch Ayu now otherwise he will be on Ground Zero.

With the LP resurgence, it's not yet Uhuru for Ikpeazu.

The only man that's a bit comfortable is Ugwuanyi.

It's a cul-de-sac for them, I don't envy them.

Spot on, boss.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2022

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by FreeStuffsNG: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by VERDA: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
Jflex07:
Wike Sabi mumu I swear.. He thinks Everything is by gra gra... Very useless Governor . In few months time he will no longer be at the helm of affairs in my dear state..

Lol....that is what you think, he was not at the healm of affairs when he coordinated and held rivers down for Ameachi when he was far away in Ghana... Some of you don't understand the dude is a grassroot man.

10 Likes

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by Googledotcom: 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
Rivers youths are suffering without jobs, Please be informed your excellency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Appoints 14,000 Advisers, 359 Liaison Officers by obuksjr(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
fergie001:

In 2019, the South carried Atiku. Now, he has some resurgence in the North with Buhari not on the ballot but will it be enough to make up or better the Southern support he had in 2019, time shall tell.

Again, listen there is probably nothing Atiku will give to Wike that will make him work for him (Atiku). The Ayu must go is a bait to hold on to. His losing the VP-slot drew the line forget it, there is no way back. Wike fights with everything and he was over 80% assured he will win, he rarely forgives politically. He has a set of demands and Ayu is Number One. Do you know number two, three, four or fifth demand?

I will give you an example: When Obaseki defected to PDP before the Edo election, it was the same Wike who used Oredo HoR, Ogbeide-Ihama to drag GO to a Rivers High Court to bend him and Obaseki had little choice, he agreed everything. If Arapaja is made Chairman today, that is when you will know Wike. He will use the Courts, get demands and force Atiku to even sign off his assets.
Atiku has some of these information, the reason he has held on.

Kwankwaso sees himself as the modern Aminu Kano.

When Awo approached Kano (of PRP, then a mushroom Party) to be his running mate, he flatly told him NO. Personally, I don't think he will back anybody but it is beleived he is anti-Atiku.
You brought back the memory of old nairaland, when we used to have intelligent political discussion,and not the current tribal bashing. Kudos!!!

42 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Is After My Life Over Defeat In The Court - Natasha Akpoti / EDO 2020: Obaseki Campaigns At Ward 12, Oredo Local Government / Babachir Lawal Says Ganduje Foundation Converts Christians To Islam. He Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.