Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him (6753 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2011
Wishing you die by your brain bursting in your skull and oozing through your nostrils,you selfish fu.ll
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Yeske2(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2011
May you sling a hook.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by brainpulse: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2011
iT IS CERTAINED THAT THOSE COMMENDING HIM WHERE NOT BORN DURING HIS APERTHIED REGIME HOW HE INFLICTED PAINS ON PEOPLE AND KILL SO MANY. IT WAS DURING HIS TIME I SAW A SHOT MAN EVER IN MY LIFE.
IT WAS AN HORIFFIC SIGHT THAT WASNT ABLE TO BE ERASED FOR MORE THAN 15 YEARS
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by seyenko(m): 10:57am On Aug 18, 2011
IBB - I wish you to die from a long and pain filled protracted illness, may your body rot before you die so we feed you to vultures. That is what you deserve
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by EfeEkarume(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2011
Something nice to him --Myself2, have said it. I hope he heard me.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by uglyBetty1(f): 11:22am On Aug 18, 2011
Na wah all these wishes for IBB, na wah for Nairalanders. I know when i was opening this post that what people where going to say will not be what the heading said. Any way, i always like coming to Nairaland site at least to ease off tension in the office. I was laughing and my colleagues were looking at me wondering what was tickling my fancy only for them to join me in reading the posting and they also burst out in laughter too.

Nairalanders, i love you guys .
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Baawaa(m): 11:27am On Aug 18, 2011
IT IS GOOD TO BE GOOD And NOTHING ELSE!!MKO death and Abacha death was a very big lesson to me.The day Abacha die Nigerians was happy and celebrated that their great enemy has die.Reversed was the case when MKO die.IBB how i wish,you can hear what people are saying about you!!
                                                                                TEN KINGS TEN EPOCH !!!!
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by rahouf1: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2011
Happy birthday IBB
may God reward you in the way u caused grievance to the dearly country.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Sagamite(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2011
yemmy_tee:

Take it or leave it non like him, Please can anybody name any Nigerian Head of State Or President thats clean or match this dudes recordHappy Birthday Jare, YORUBA IGBO HAUSA, Abegi Dis Guy try Jare,

Are you dumb?

What is this "dude's record"? List it!

All these daft products of his evil!
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by TenKobo1: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
Happy birthday thief, may the blistering heat of hell begin to torment you from this earth. You and the Balogun of Owo, two of a kind.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
HAPPY BADDY DAY CRIMINAL grin grin grin grin
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by catso(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2011
Not in my character to wish someone bad.
My prayers to God is to allow u to live long enough to see the Light and know the truth.
So that alot of things in this country that are in darkness will experience light and those that are locked can be unlocked to experience freedom.
These i prayed before the owner will demand your soul from u.
HBD
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Owoinukolo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
With all said, I fear people o.

But any1 that say or think he/she is that clean, please dip your hand into you bombom and smell it. How does it smell? embarassed don feel embarassed, we all have same.

We should all aks for forgiveness of our sins and pray God's grace and favor to return our beloved 9ija to its past and lost glory. All this energy should be channeled for positivity and not ,

IBB- happy Birthday. You are have only lead people like you, we pray we all change for the good of this nation wink
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by uglybetty: 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2011
REPENT!!!
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by olawalebabs(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2011
this is how 9ja hate this minna born self confess evil genius
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by harrier(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2011
Battie boy Babangida Happy Bday
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by olawalebabs(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
hbd
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by mowapa(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
HERE IS YOUR ANSWER: why wish HIM WELL

IBB’s presidential ambition is disastrous’

Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) says former military president Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition is not only an exercise in futility but also an affront to Nigeria, in this interview with Emmanuel Ukudolo, in Lagos. Excerpts:

IBB has picked his presidential nomination form. People are rooting for him and he appears set for the Villa. What do you think?

IBB does not have the credentials to be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria for several reasons. By virtue of Section 137(1i), anybody who has been indicted for embezzlement, for fraud by any commission of inquiry, by any administrative panel of inquiry set up by the federal government is disqualified.

What panel are you referring to?

In 1994, a panel was set up under the leadership of Dr. Pius Okigbo. One of the members of the panel is the present Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Ufot Ekaete. This panel reported on the 29th of August 1994 in a 352-page document. In chapter seven of that document, IBB was accused of mismanaging by corrupt means US$12.4 billion of our windfall as a result of the Gulf War. He set up spurious accounts and awarded spurious contracts on behalf of the federal government of Nigeria without contract documents.

Instead of putting the money accruing from the windfall in reserve of Nigeria abroad, he did not do that. He did not put it in our Federation Account. He created spurious accounts and he was the only one authorizing. He even went to the most abysmally horrible extent of buying television sets for $11.4 million and all sorts of things categorized in chapter seven.

By decree in 1987, he set up MAMSER (Mass Mobilization Social Justice, Self Reliance and Economic Recovery), headed by Professor Jerry Gana. He pumped into it N8 billion, the result of which we know. He set up Directorate of Food Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DIFRRI); Nigeria lost N32 billion, and then the strength of our currency. When Babangida came to power, N1 was fetching one dollar and 40 cents. By the time Babangida left office in August, 1993, he had destroyed our currency. Nigeria was then using N36 to buy just one dollar, a reversal of fortune.

But some say Babangida had no option under the circumstances he met at the time than to introduce currency devaluation and the other economic policies he initiated…

Babangida inherited from Buhari on the 26th of August 1985 20 kobo per litre of petrol. In the eight years Babangida was there, he increased the pump price five times and ended up at 70 Kobo. Do you want to talk about how Babangida made Nigerians mere spectators of the economic activities of the country instead of being participants? Interest rates rose abysmally to 25 and 30 per cent to take loans from the banks.

In March 1992, Babangida further destroyed our currency and economy by devaluing our currency by 100 per cent. At that time, they should have known that there would be devaluation so they scooped billions at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian people.

There are also insinuations that Babangida’s association with the deaths that occurred during his regime is mere allegation that is yet to be proved

Babangida killed more people than any other regime in the history of this country. Murder was his stock in trade. Do I have to start with Vatsa and co.? Do I have to mention Dele Giwa? Dele Giwa was assassinated for investigating Gloria Okon’s connection in respect of drugs with his wife, Miriam. He had to resort to the murder of Dele Giwa. I have fought that battle for years. I am still fighting that battle. Very soon, I will be in court.

Do you think Babangida had a hand in the Ejigbo Hercules plane crash?

In 1992, do you remember what he did with the Hercules C-1 Air Force plane when 145 innocent, young, dynamic, prospective military leaders were massacred, when they took off from the airport? Babangida called them here for training in Lagos and they were set up. They took off here and ended up at Ejigbo. They suffocated to death. Young officers.

What is your view on the Babangida political transition agenda?

The man transited for eight years, he transited to no destination. He set up a transition programme and amended it 32 times in a period of eight years and ended up scuttling it with annulment of the June 12 presidential election, the fairest and freest election in the history of this country.

But his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), does not seem to have any problems with his qualification for the 2007 polls.

The declaration he made that day that he wanted to contest as president was a declaration of disaster.

If by hook or crook he becomes the flag bearer of the PDP in the presidential election, never, I repeat, never will that man be the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, because Nigeria will be thrown backward. God will not want him. He destroyed us once; he will never be given the opportunity, by the grace of God, to destroy us.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by perragy(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
i just love IBB's charisma. God bless him on this day of his birthday.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Myself2(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2011
IBB,may the almighty God not allow you to sneak out of this life,may you yearn for and beg for death to take you away swiftly.Your children will lose ALL the inheritance you bequeathed them from the collective purse of Nigerians
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Chyz2: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2011
Thanks saving nigeria by annulling the 1993 elections; stopping what would have been mass looting of the treasury. Also that you for make Asaba the capital of Delta State. wink
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by whitedove(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
On this Day ,may you never know peace, until you return those stolen $$$$ amen in jesus'name.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by perenren: 5:49am On Aug 19, 2011
I.B.B, Ibrahim Barawo Bansa

Ibrahim Baba Barawo

Ibrahim Badamasi Bukashi

Ibrahim Badass Butcher
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by meexteriox(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2011
IBB, no change of circumstances can repair a defect in character.
IBB, an unexamined life (like yours) is not worth living.

All this input cannot be exactly wrong, i witnessed your misrule first hand not through books of history.
You plunged Nigeria into oblivion in the comity of nations, we have refused to resurrect since that singular debacle, called 8 years tenure.

I could go on and on but Fela, Gani has spoken enough, i respect them and their conclusion on you.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by sirjec(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2011
Happy buff day to you. Please before you die, tell us where you locked Nigeria's destiny so that we can unlock it and enjoy this country

wishing you Long life to see we can survive without you.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by aikuda(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
General IBB, Please use this song to celebrate as you mark your birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKI1D2BS6Y8
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by Goldieluks: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
Happy Dementia days IBB!
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by KnowAll(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
IBB go home, ask for forgiveness and sin no more.
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by ochukoccna: 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2012
Sorry for the belated birthday greetings

IBB, e no go better for you
Say Amen! grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him by phreakabit(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2012
Retard!. . . . . . That's all, cos I am in a good mood . cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Would Have Won With A Wider Margin – Oshiomhole / Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims / AmericanTop 10 Most Expensive Military Planes (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.