Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,910 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic (714 Views)

Nairalanders Beware Of This SCAMMER! / The New Tactic Robbers Use In Abuja Revealed By Man / Nairalanders Beware Of These Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by jeremylawrence(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
I just received a text of two 1k airtime from an unknown number. The sender beeped me once and I called back the line.
He said "Good evening, my father send two 1 thousand naira airtime to this number. They write Ifayemi in the text message. Please if you see it, send it back for me."
I assured him I would. Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind, why didn't he just check his messages to get back his airtime. I got skeptical and then it came to me, I had seen similar news from this platform some years ago!
God bless Seun and the mods that moved it to FP

https://www.nairaland.com/4187891/man-scams-people-sending-airtime

He called back in 10 minutes and asked if I've received the airtime. Coincidentally, i received the airtime but I told him I've not seen it yet and asked him to check his text messages and send it to the right number. He said it wasn't possible because the phone is "old man" phone and that messages do not load and save again after it is sent. Finally, he said it will come in soon that it might be network. Few minutes later, I received the airtime again from the same number. I didn't bother replying the text after it dawned on me that I was about to have an ugly experience.

If not that I had a deja vu about this stunt, I could have played into his hands. I just searched online on "someone sent me airtime to send it back nairaland" and yep, I was enlightened.

Please let's be guided abeq o. Be safe Nairalanders. God bless Nigeria wink

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by duro4chang(m): 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2022
It's an old tactics. They have been using it for long.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by budaatum: 5:30am On Oct 13, 2022
It would only work on the most gullible.
Re: Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by HRprof: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
Did you check if the card is valid and load it to your phone. I wish they mistakenly send me the credit if is valid
Re: Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by Wizywiz(m): 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
HRprof:
Did you check if the card is valid and load it to your phone. I wish they mistakenly send me the credit if is valid
the card is never valid Dem no fit send valid card na grin
Re: Nairalanders Beware Of This Tactic by Dollarremix(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wahala for who wan help

(1) (Reply)

..........,.. / Full Video Of Chalie Boy Visit To Obasanjo, Watch / Woman Sells Daughter To Settle Debt In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.