Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,343 members, 7,836,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To (30870 Views)

Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness / Rico Swavey Was Planning The Relocate To The US, His Girlfriend Speaks(video) / Davido’s Victim Rushed To Dubai Hospital, Covered In Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Konjiboii: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2022
For an accident victim just imagine how they place him, clearly they had a hand in his death. The way he was seated his air pipe could have been crushed, they are just a bunch of useless lot. I won't entirely blame them though the real doctors and nurses have already japa,all this are road side chemist.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by kamossreal(m): 11:38am On Oct 14, 2022
Chijeep:
Very good idea but they should make sure they don't stop there. they should also investigate the presidential medical centre in Aso rock and also prosecute the hospital that put Tinubu on diapers because they're the ones that are marketing bad market to Nigerians

Ori n ta e
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Lanretoye(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2022
One of the reasons why they fly abroad, even where there is equipment,the handlers nko?...they can even forget needle for intestine during surgery.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Acidosis(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2022
Konjiboii:
For an accident victim just imagine how they place him, clearly they had a hand in his death. The way he was seated his air pipe could have been crushed, they are just a bunch of useless lot. I won't entirely blame them though the real doctors and nurses have already japa,all this are road side chemist.

I don't think that japa has anything to do with his death. The system is bad. Before those doctors japa, what was the situation in Nigerian hospitals? Better?

If you bring the best doctors in the world to operate in Nigeria, the system will corrupt them. It is a systemic problem and has nothing to do with Japa. It is system that makes people sit up and take their work seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Drone95(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2022
Children in scrub with license without work ethics
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Kekenary: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2022
No mind them. The government underpay nurses and the ingrates that receive health services come and insult them. There is no nurse that will be making a video when he or she is to help a dying patient. I hope this gets to court and the truth comes out. Nigerians the media will dare not say it's doctors. Cos they know ARD or MDCAN will make a statement or even threaten them. Na nurses wey them no go even defend wey Dem don take to the cleaners. Even if una badmouth Nigerian nurses till tomorrow, they will still jakpa and leave your ungrateful asses here. Bunch of lazy ingrates.
Openedheavens:
You see, Nigerians are very foolish and always trying to pull down their own. They never see anything good in their own until it's lost. It's so obvious from the video that the nursing staff was seeking the assistance of those that brought him to the hospital to assist in lifting him. From her facial expressions, she showed seriousness and empathy but the people(most likely passers by, that assisted him to the hospital ) were interested in videoing. This happens a lot in the hospital. Relatives or people who bring patients to the hospital often resort to making videos and the hospital staff telling them not to. The nurse was also explaining to them that he needed to be scanned, I don't think she would explain to fellow nurses if she was talking to her colleagues.

From the video, there was someone in mufti, which means not everyone in that room is a hospital staff. And it seems someone was saying they just assisted him to the hospital, but it wasn't clear.
And someone chuckled not laugher because he probably perceived the assignment as tedious or not his duty. Whoever did that cannot be judged until who he/she is or what position he/she holds is revealed.

On Instagram, the Nigerian health system, doctors, nurses have been dragged to the muds and there were people cursing Nigeria nurses and doctors. Some already ascribed his death to medical negligence and calling the doctors quacks.

By the time these doctors and nurses are done leaving the country, Nigerians will understand. This same people are underpaid by the government and never appreciated by the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Segzy19: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2022
Please, they should be prosecuted...

Again, all the serious and experienced nurses have Japa finish... Now the country is left with immature, inexperienced and unserious nurses....

What a shame!
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by BigBashiru: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2022
Kekenary:
No mind them. The government underpay nurses and the ingrates that receive health services come and insult them. There is no nurse that will be making a video when he or she is to help a dying patient. I hope this gets to court and the truth comes out. Nigerians the media will dare not say it's doctors. Cos they know ARD or MDCAN will make a statement or even threaten them. Na nurses wey them no go even defend wey Dem don take to the cleaners. Even if una badmouth Nigerian nurses till tomorrow, they will still jakpa and leave your ungrateful asses here. Bunch of lazy ingrates.

Tou are just typing nonsense and encouraging the system....once you have accepted a medical job, you can no longer use pay as an excuse....in any case, pay is not an acceptable excuse in the medical profession....it is rejected by the courts....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Subsea101: 11:49am On Oct 14, 2022
The undoing of a lot of people in our generation ''PHONE'', everyone wants to be an emergency journalist, before you say jack, cell phones are out, and people are already making videos, even when it directly implicates them lol. this one na to use your hand present evidence against yourself.

Those nurses license should be withdrawn, and have them face justice, this is a case of culpable homicide, rubbish...

suleimanwaziri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0JUggEwi0

The Lagos state government says it will be investigating the unprofessional conduct of the nurses at a hospital in the state where reality TV star, Patrick Fakoya, aka Rico Swavey, was rushed to shortly after he was involved in a motor accident that claimed his life.

A 30-second video showing some nurses at a hospital in Lagos State filming and being lackadaisical with their duties while Rico was in a critical condition has sparked outrage on social media. In the clip, Rico Swavey seen on a chair. While one of the nurses called for help to put him on a stretcher, the others were laid back even as one of them chuckled as he was filming.

One of the nurses was heard cautioning her colleague against the act.

“You people should stop making the video; somebody is dying, you people are making video,” the nurse said

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2022
Chijeep:
Very good idea but they should make sure they don't stop there. they should also investigate the presidential medical centre in Aso rock and also prosecute the hospital that put Tinubu on diapers because they're the ones that are marketing bad market to Nigerians
they only have the power to investigate institutions within the state. Anything outside the state like abuja is outside their jurisdiction. That shld be handled by the federal power that's if they would do so self

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Jnrprince1(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2022
After you start blaming the politicians running outside the country for treatment most of we Nigerians ain't serious
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by BigBashiru: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2022
Jnrprince1:
After you start blaming the politicians running outside the country for treatment most of we Nigerians ain't serious

Nigerians are not serious....they think everything is a joke and party....
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by seunjungle1(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2022
Majority of you guys are very clueless....how is Aso rock hospital get involved in the Lagos state hospital investigation...this your statement shows that you're very far from the truth.
By their fruits will shall know them....obedient piipoo

Chijeep:
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Jnrprince1(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2022
BigBashiru:

Nigerians are not serious....they think everything is a joke and party....
I swear
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Jakiblend(f): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2022
Openedheavens:
You see, Nigerians are very foolish and always trying to pull down their own. They never see anything good in their own until it's lost. It's so obvious from the video that the nursing staff was seeking the assistance of those that brought him to the hospital to assist in lifting him. From her facial expressions, she showed seriousness and empathy but the people(most likely passers by, that assisted him to the hospital ) were interested in videoing. This happens a lot in the hospital. Relatives or people who bring patients to the hospital often resort to making videos and the hospital staff telling them not to. The nurse was also explaining to them that he needed to be scanned, I don't think she would explain to fellow nurses if she was talking to her colleagues.

From the video, there was someone in mufti, which means not everyone in that room is a hospital staff. And it seems someone was saying they just assisted him to the hospital, but it wasn't clear.
And someone chuckled not laugher because he probably perceived the assignment as tedious or not his duty. Whoever did that cannot be judged until who he/she is or what position he/she holds is revealed.

On Instagram, the Nigerian health system, doctors, nurses have been dragged to the muds and there were people cursing Nigeria nurses and doctors. Some already ascribed his death to medical negligence and calling the doctors quacks.

By the time these doctors and nurses are done leaving the country, Nigerians will understand. This same people are underpaid by the government and never appreciated by the masses.
Please shut up, you can say this if you have not been to hospital here in Nigeria, am a living witness . in 2015 a friend was rush into the Randle hospital or so at surulere, coughing out blood , you need to see how carefree the act when the guy was dying . with my very eye a woman rush in a child seriously burnt , the where telling the woman to shot up and stop crying, that where was she when the baby pour hot water. I begin to beg them to save a boyfriend and the child. My dear the where just minding their business . early morning 20th July 2015. My boyfriend almost past out, I had to run out looking for a cap to take him to luth , and that was his serving grace, if not he would have been a ghost by now.

So my friend shot up, if u don't know, most Nigerians r so careless working in Nigeria, go to different companies see non chalant attitude . that same Nigeria will be so dedicated to wash ditches abroad.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by whitemand4(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ekejoestar:
This is the case of Nigerian hospitals especially general hospitals around this country.

General hospitals are the worst,the nurses and doctors there behave like they are gods.

They don't care whether you are in pains or unconscious, or dying.

Nigeria health system needs total overhauling.

How many more Ricos needs to die b4 human lives will be valued in this nation.

Thats why they were all shocked in the UK a working country and started crying exploitation
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Judolisco(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Those nurses laughing there ass off while Rico Swavey was lying unconscious should be jailed for life

They are animals in human form

There licenses should be withdrawn immediately and never be allowed to continue with there job ever again in this country

I was angry and almost moved to tears after watching that video
go to any general hospital or teaching hospital... Na so e be for there... If u stay within a teaching /general hospital for six months uno go get human feelings again..... How many people do you want to sack because you'll start from d cleaners to d medical doctors...
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by dyera(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ekejoestar:
This is the case of Nigerian hospitals especially general hospitals around this country.

General hospitals are the worst,the nurses and doctors there behave like they are gods.

Guy, the heart of a black man is desperately wicked.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Judolisco(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ekejoestar:

exactly what I said... I did my siwes in a general hospital...after what I saw at d emergency section I now knw why most of them don't have human feelings again.... D moment someone is brought in dead, they won't even touch the patient again, they move to d next one... D nurses laughing here have seen numerous cases like dis guys own... Eno fit move dem again... Never
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
festacman:

Charge the 'movie maker nurse' who was filming the dying patient with CRIMINAL negligence of duty. Nonsense!

I agree... charges need to be laid. Firing would not be enough. When charged ... no income ... have to hire lawyer... savings gone.... bail money ... property gone... they would be facing prison time. In the end... even if freed from the charges .... they will be broke for life. If they can do this to a celebrity ... what were they doing to regular people?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Judolisco(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
bro4u:
This is a pure case of culpable homicide. Justice should be DONE!
shey na d nurses dey take d video or d people who brought him in?
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Jlow2: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Social Media addiction has made many foolish, you re filming a dying person under your care just because you just want to post it on social media, what do you gain from it, they should be jailed
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Valuepaints20(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Just imagine cry
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by zoedew: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
And advise folks to live their lives more responsibly. Patrick, while he lived, daily risked dying the way he did #dagrin but the truth is bitter to tell! The guy like many others living fake and reckless lives are daily celebrated as “celebrities” and Glo “ambassadors! Sodom and Gomorrah crowd!! The overwhelmed Nurses will shortly be begging!!
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by feedthenation(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
suleimanwaziri:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0JUggEwi0

The Lagos state government says it will be investigating the unprofessional conduct of the nurses at a hospital in the state where reality TV star, Patrick Fakoya, aka Rico Swavey, was rushed to shortly after he was involved in a motor accident that claimed his life.

A 30-second video showing some nurses at a hospital in Lagos State filming and being lackadaisical with their duties while Rico was in a critical condition has sparked outrage on social media. In the clip, Rico Swavey seen on a chair. While one of the nurses called for help to put him on a stretcher, the others were laid back even as one of them chuckled as he was filming.

One of the nurses was heard cautioning her colleague against the act.

“You people should stop making the video; somebody is dying, you people are making video,” the nurse said

---Some nurses are very heartless and very unprofessional---
---A dear family member also passed away under similar condition because of the lackadaisical attitude of the nurses---the oxygen mask put on him wasn't switched on---and when confronted---they said "at least he is talking now"---
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by SIRTee15: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
I don't think those guys filming are health care workers. One even said we no dey work for here when the nurse asked for help with lifting the patient.
I don't think any nurse no matter how wicked will be busy taking pictures when a pxt is this critical.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by lsoul: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
But he was attended to, looking at the video, he was given oxygen. I don't blame the hospital privately owned, they don't want to run on losses, if only we have good government hospital to attend to emergency, he would have been brought to the hospital in ambulance from the point of the accident. Rather he was there people doing video couldn't attend to him. The country is bad for almost everything
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by proclinician: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
Diligent1:

You are a troublesome person, wahala full your body from head to toe, I will not be surprised if you are an Igbo man.

Na agbado come full your body?
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by yemex04(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
In all honesty I watched the video & I can barely see signs of negligence here..However, i support the idea of the thorough investigation to establish the culpability
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Streett: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Most Lagos Island Private Hospitals ‘re Morgues…..

Buncha Quacks & Shixt!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by just2endowed: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
When all the professional nurse Don japa finish... Na quacks and auxiliary nurse full hospital now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afrocandy Disses Nigerians Who Watch Big Brother Africa On Cable / MKO Abiola's Daughter's Wedding In Texas / Korede Bello Looks Dapper In Killer Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.