Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To (30850 Views)

Late Rico Swavey Was Not Drunk – Family, Witness / Rico Swavey Was Planning The Relocate To The US, His Girlfriend Speaks(video) / Davido’s Victim Rushed To Dubai Hospital, Covered In Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Streett: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Most Lagos Island Private Hospitals ‘re Morgues…..

Buncha Quacks & Shii.!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by proclinician: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Originalsly:

I agree... charges need to be laid. Firing would not be enough. When charged ... no income ... have to hire lawyer... savings gone.... bail money ... property gone... they would be facing prison time. In the end... even if freed from the charges .... they will be broke for life. If they can do this to a celebrity ... what were they doing to regular people?

You don't even know the identity of the person taking the video. You de rant nonsense. Government that cannot provide an emergency response ambulance with professional EMT staff that will convey accident victims to the hospital is telling you they will investigate rubbish and you're here jumping up like a rat. Where will govt start investigation? Is it from lack of ambulance or from where? Who do you blame for lack of ambulance.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Streett: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
Most Lagos Island Private Hospitals ‘re Morgues…..

Buncha Quacks & Shii.!

Revoke their Licenses, Fine & Shut ‘em down
Slam the culpable ones to the Gallows !

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Diligent1(f): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
;
proclinician:

Na agbado come full your body?
grin grin grin grin Vowlence man
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by ArcFresky(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
undecided
Chijeep:
Aso rock and also prosecute the hospital that put Tinubu on diapers because they're the ones that are marketing bad market to Nigerians
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by EdiskyHarry: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
When you get to any hospital, you will know that Nigerian nurses and doctors are just devils in human form. Very heartless and wicked.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Ubekus: 12:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Tomorrow they will attend church and pray, sing worshipped of God, you cannot save humans, that's why I can't associate myself in any church or attend any church, wicked people go to hospital you will cry the way nurse's and doctors maltreat people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by ekeneokwologu(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
The name of the hospital is doren. It's immediately after Ajah under bridge. Thomas Estate. My mum had similar issues last 5 months where they demanded 1.5m for deposit before they will treat her. I later moved her to Dove hospital at badore where they asked for less than 1m. Thank God my mum is alive now. Lagos state government should close doren hospital. Pls move to front page.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Mars16(m): 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
First I'm not insensitive and I condole with the family of the deceased. That said, there many poor Nigerians who have died due to negligence and lackadaisical attitude of doctors and nurses at ER units of our Nigerian public hospitals around the country. Come to UPTH port Harcourt the same report. The only reason this is coming to the lime light is because the deceased is popular. The entire public institutions of Nigeria needs total overhauling including our public hospitals and universities in which ASUU has been taking the lead and the people ASUU is fighting for is against them. What a shame!! #NigeriansDeserveTheBest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Temptee101(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
They are all like that.

Were they forced to become nurses? Why so much anger, bitterness, wickedness and I-dont-care attitude they exhibit.

My friend lost his father due to their nonchalant behaviour.

These ones should be used to set example and serve as deterrents to others.

Chai! He might have survived this if they had acted swiftly.

RIP champ!
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by EdiskyHarry: 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Openedheavens:
You see, Nigerians are very foolish and always trying to pull down their own. They never see anything good in their own until it's lost. It's so obvious from the video that the nursing staff was seeking the assistance of those that brought him to the hospital to assist in lifting him. From her facial expressions, she showed seriousness and empathy but the people(most likely passers by, that assisted him to the hospital ) were interested in videoing. This happens a lot in the hospital. Relatives or people who bring patients to the hospital often resort to making videos and the hospital staff telling them not to. The nurse was also explaining to them that he needed to be scanned, I don't think she would explain to fellow nurses if she was talking to her colleagues.

From the video, there was someone in mufti, which means not everyone in that room is a hospital staff. And it seems someone was saying they just assisted him to the hospital, but it wasn't clear.
And someone chuckled not laugher because he probably perceived the assignment as tedious or not his duty. Whoever did that cannot be judged until who he/she is or what position he/she holds is revealed.

On Instagram, the Nigerian health system, doctors, nurses have been dragged to the muds and there were people cursing Nigeria nurses and doctors. Some already ascribed his death to medical negligence and calling the doctors quacks.

By the time these doctors and nurses are done leaving the country, Nigerians will understand. This same people are underpaid by the government and never appreciated by the masses.
I will only pardon your ignorance if you have not gone to any government hospital in Nigeria before.
If you haven't, just shut up and ask those that have the experience.
Take someone to the hospital with any sickness and you will see the doctors and nurses blaming the victim for being the cause,
Especially if the victim na poor person.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Pat081: 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Chijeep:
Very good idea but they should make sure they don't stop there. they should also investigate the presidential medical centre in Aso rock and also prosecute the hospital that put Tinubu on diapers because they're the ones that are marketing bad market to Nigerians
You are a bad person you want people to cry abi

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by proclinician: 1:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
ekeneokwologu:
The name of the hospital is doren. It's immediately after Ajah under bridge. Thomas Estate. My mum had similar issues last 5 months where they demanded 1.5m for deposit before they will treat her. I later moved her to Dove hospital at badore where they asked for less than 1m. Thank God my mum is alive now. Lagos state government should close doren hospital. Pls move to front page.

Who will close Lagos state govt for not providing emergency response ambulance that would have helped sustain him?
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by BigBashiru: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
proclinician:

Who will close Lagos state govt for not providing emergency response ambulance that would have helped sustain him?

Ambulance is just the vehicle....the people driving the ambulance are still Nigerians and the results will be the same...
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
good, anybody found, his/her nursing license would be suspended for 10yrs, He/she would sacked with immediate effect, His or her CRS points or nursing points deducted, the person would be rendered Persona no grata in the nursing profession and would not be allowed to practice anything related to medicine in this country this d expiration of the said suspension
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Originalsly: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
proclinician:

You don't even know the identity of the person taking the video. You de rant nonsense. Government that cannot provide an emergency response ambulance with professional EMT staff that will convey accident victims to the hospital is telling you they will investigate rubbish and you're here jumping up like a rat. Where will govt start investigation? Is it from lack of ambulance or from where? Who do you blame for lack of ambulance.

Do you pay enough taxes for FG to provide ambulances and pay EMT Staff? He is already in the hospital.... maybe by Ambulance ... what difference does it make? What the FG has to do with the lack of professionalism at the hospital? Why would you think they would be investigating how he got there? In any country... when stuff like thus is aired isn't there an investigation? Are you saying there shouldn't be one?
You should listen to yourself.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Heterodox(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
People already judging when they don't know the full stories

Revoke, invoke, convoke

Nigerians and hypocrisy

Was he not placed on oxygen

What else should they do for him
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by proclinician: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Originalsly:

Do you pay enough taxes for FG to provide ambulances and pay EMT Staff? He is already in the hospital.... maybe by Ambulance ... what difference does it make? What the FG has to do with the lack of professionalism at the hospital? Why would you think they would be investigating how he got there? In any country... when stuff like thus is aired isn't there an investigation? Are you saying there shouldn't be one?
You should listen to yourself.

U see the backwardness of the mind of a black man. In a developed country the investigation starts from how long it took the EMT to arrive at the scene and how long it took the ambulance to get to the hospital. All of these contribute to survivability. But of course these are black monkeys. You are saying something you know absolutely nothing about. Why is he not on a stretcher for easy mobility. There's enough money for accountant general to steal 200bn but not enough for EMT services. Just listen to ur brain.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by TemitayoMark: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
This should not surprised Lagos State gov at all, this is only one two many. Many people have died because of negligence of health workers in many hospitals but no one heard about it because the family is not financially stable and have no one to fight for them, the health workers will only tell you to pay first before any treatment no matter how worse the condition of the patient. So all these kurukere investment should not just stop on the social media, some people must be jailed to serve as deterrent to others who do the same thing. They must remember human life is sacred but not to play with. If someone is prosecuted, then I will know this gov is talking seriously. We no be mumu
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by IPDGP: 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
They should be charged with murder, negligence of duty, unprofessionalism
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by KennethEnyi(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
Which kin useless investigation
Burn down that useless hospital and brutally kill all the staff to teach others a lesson !!!
I think the medieval times need to come back so that people can have sense…
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Chillext(m): 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
those nurses where not the one making the video
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by cherish(m): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
We don't even know who recorded the video, it can be among people who helped him
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Openedheavens: 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2022
EdiskyHarry:

I will only pardon your ignorance if you have not gone to any government hospital in Nigeria before.
If you haven't, just shut up and ask those that have the experience.
Take someone to the hospital with any sickness and you will see the doctors and nurses blaming the victim for being the cause,
Especially if the victim na poor person.
you would be the one to shut up because you know nothing. Patients in Nigeria present very late and you hear probably the parents saying they first took the child to the chemist or were giving herbal medicine. And you want them to be praised? They only start blaming after the patients have been stabilised of probably the patient died on arrival.
Even abroad, it's worse, they won't blame you but report you. Before you know it, police have arrested you for questioning especially if the victim is a minor.
I'm not saying there are no bad eggs, but the way you guys condemn our health professionals, you need to take it slow.
On Instagram, they said the only doctors left are quacks, the good ones have left. Give those quacks few years and you will see them abroad. If you can't appreciate what you have, you will lose it. That's what's happening. Continue, visitor of the year to government hospital.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by NoToPile: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Acidosis:
Maybe I'm the only one here with a different opinion. Nothing will come out of this investigation. The video thing started right from the scene of the accident. Passerby and those trying to help (his team) started recording right from that scene.

At the hospital, the recording didn't stop. I am 1000% sure that the video thing wasn't done by the hospital staff. His relatives/management/friends did that.

The investigation is very necessary but as far as that video is concerned, the nurses were not involved. It was another nurse (a senior nurse perhaps) who walked in and cautioned whoever was behind the video. I feel the "senior nurse" is a more dedicated staff. While two nurses appeared clueless, it didn't seem like they left him to die.

It's sad Rico had to go this way but the cluelessness started right from the accident scene. The sad thing is that as at the time this video was taken, his left hand was still moving, slightly.

No you are not, my problem is with this our mentality of video video video of accident victims from accident scene down to hospital. It all boils down to the craze for SM, to post to trend.

Even from the accident scene I want to believe the helpers were dragging him and that might have made his situation worse

I also didn't see the nurses get involved in filming from this video Infact one of them was saying they should stop the video and they would have to take him for scan or something

They can investigate them for other reasons but not for filming but if this video is the only evidence, there's really nothing on those nurses.

The fact that we know health workers can be very negligent in this country doesn't necessarily mean this one's were.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Openedheavens: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
BigBashiru:

There is a civil duty of care by civilians under the civil code.....even if its not the person's duty they are still bound to act.... Nigerians are naturally lackadaisical people who believe everything is a joke or party...

But I don't blame you, you lot love defending the indefensible.....so continue....here's how Nigerians are: defend the indefensible, turn around and blame government, plan to Japa (without shame)....

Bu
The problem with you is that you are blinded not to see the positivity that's why you didn't note that he was not neglected, he was on oxygen and they needed to go do scan as the nurses mentioned.
The two nurses from the video were ready and already gloved. The third person was on mufti and most likely the person who chuckled also and making video must be mufti and most likely the rescuers.
So why blame the health professionals in this case? Look at the facial expression of the nurses and tell me what it means.
But you people just love blaming doctors and nurses.
It's even worst abroad, people will be dying and videos will be made. They don't even touch accident victims for fear of excessive questioning. A Nigerian was wrestled to death in Italy 3 months ago and passers by were making video while he died.

The video was also too short to make concrete decision. But Na the health personnel go suffer the hasty generalisation. Not that you( behind this moniker) are a good person.
Mtcheeeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by olax02(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
marlow1962:
That hospital should be shut down
This is barbaric somebody is dying and unprofessional black ass fools were laughing making video of him. Chai they should be jail forever.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Nmezor(f): 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
They even had the guts to upload undecided...Nawa o no conscience at all.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by amandi47d: 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
What will then be the aftermath of that........ Na todayWhat will then be the aftermath of that........ Na today...
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Ate247(m): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
bro4u:
This is a pure case of culpable homicide. Justice should be DONE!
their act is unprofessional. But are there the cause of his death? Why do you find who to blame for an accident.
Re: Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To by Openedheavens: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jakiblend:

Please shut up, you can say this if you have not been to hospital here in Nigeria, am a living witness . in 2015 a friend was rush into the Randle hospital or so at surulere, coughing out blood , you need to see how carefree the act when the guy was dying . with my very eye a woman rush in a child seriously burnt , the where telling the woman to shot up and stop crying, that where was she when the baby pour hot water. I begin to beg them to save a boyfriend and the child. My dear the where just minding their business . early morning 20th July 2015. My boyfriend almost past out, I had to run out looking for a cap to take him to luth , and that was his serving grace, if not he would have been a ghost by now.

So my friend shot up, if u don't know, most Nigerians r so careless working in Nigeria, go to different companies see non chalant attitude . that same Nigeria will be so dedicated to wash ditches abroad.
there are always two sides to a story, infact nowadays three. If you hear the hospital side now, we will all be mute. And you will never mention that they were the ones that referred you to Luth.
Sometimes some of you want hospital to do magic. Once they refer you, you start getting angry. Every hospital has limits.
For the woman crying, most of you will not answer the doctors questions which is very important for diagnosis but u will be quick to resort to tears.
When you order an ambulance for an emergency situation abroad, he ready to answer loads of questions before they release their ambulance. All boxes must be checked. You can't just disturb people and they arrive and discover it's not an emergency worthy of ambulance service.
Nigerians need to have sense and I will recommend the sense starting from you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Performing At AY Live Show (Picture) / Kcee Shows Off His Expensive Cars, Thanks God For Wonderful 2014 / Olatoun Olanrewaju And Her Husband Adekola, Welcome First Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.