Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today (38777 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / Any Home Remedies For Scorpion Sting? / Antidote For Scorpion Sting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 7:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
Johnnyboy6757:
yet ur still alive and kicking. Without medication. Wow ur really serving a living God
I don't really believe scorpion can kill that easily, cause when we were kids growing up in the village , scorpion stings were very common ,
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2022
PastorFire:

Mine was throughout the night. I was stunged at around 9:30pm.

Mine was at night too ,both times, can't remember the time though , peoples body reach to things differently, plus I'm good at enduring pains , example i don't like taking medicine , anytime I have malaria I do things that will make me sweat , before you know it ,the malaria is gone
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 7:40pm On Oct 15, 2022
SAD007:
From today we call you SCORPION MAN
I believe every healthy person can survive scorpion stings they are not that deadly grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Babysho(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
RoyalBlu:

shocked

Scorpions stung you in those body parts?

That's some really 'devilish' scorpions.

**OP thank God for you o.

Nigerian girls don start again. Where is the pun?
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Dashlish12: 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
Thomthom:
When one insect bite me for bush very small insect.. it was like millipede, but hairy.. when this ant bite me for leg, that leg seize for like 15 minutes I no fit move that whole leg.. since then I fear that ant pass scorpion.
Yea i know what u are talking about but never bothered to know what it called in english

1 Like

Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Gunayo(m): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
Always fumigate your room and your surroundings.
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Ogunleti01: 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
Creditalerts:
As I step out of my house this morning while locking my door this devilish scorpion was set and camouflage with my foot mat to strike thank God my eyes was sharp to spot it and I end the creature immediately. angry
Ahhaa! op u for dance azonto grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Mystery9(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
It has stung me twice.. E dey pain small shall undecided
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by freezyrain: 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2022
jimyjames:

Nothing devilish about scorpion my friend get over it, it was created to sting , i have been stung twice by it , one on my thighs the other close to my armpit

What part of the country are you from?
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Dashlish12: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2022
PastorFire:

Few hours you say? I'm sure that is definitely not a scorpion. Cos I know the severe pains I went throughout the night after I got bitten by a scorpion. Despite giving three injections, pains persisted throughout the night. Sleep was remotely far from me that night.
. Yea he's quite correct, na just few hours; wetin concern scorpion with injection kwa!? The thing is we humans are wired differently in nature
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
freezyrain:

What part of the country are you from?
Enugu/benue
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by saxby(f): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2022
Omoh, thank God for safety o, lucky you.
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Ubdavis(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Didn’t you see where I modified my comment and accepted correction?

Why did u spew trash earlier run??
Take time oh
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by saxby(f): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
Mystery9:
It has stung me twice.. E dey pain small shall undecided
e dey pain small Scorpion dey pain die o cry
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by ZombieSlayer1: 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
jimyjames:

I didn't treat it , endured the pains ,

The one on my thighs happened when I dried my blanket under the sun on my fence, I returned in the evening took the blanket without checking it, the scorpion was in the blanket , covered it at night and it stung me on my thighs, my thighs were sweaty for few hours but it did me no harm

The second one close to my armpit was during the hot season, some 4 yrs back I think, there was no light I left the door open for some fresh air , I slept on the floor close to my door, it entered and stung me , same thing happened , sweat for few hours and it was over
There are many different species of scorpion, some have stings that can kill a human while some has stings that are harmless.
This one below looks like it'll be extremely dangerous but it has one of the mildest stings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by ViceGovernor: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
jimyjames:

The one on my thighs happened when I dried my blanket under the sun on my fence, I returned in the evening took the blanket without checking it, the scorpion was in the blanket , covered it at night and it stung me on my thighs, my thighs were sweaty for few hours but it did me no harm

The second one close to my armpit was during the hot season, some 4 yrs back I think, there was no light I left the door open for some fresh air , I slept on the floor close to my door, it entered and stung me , same thing happened , sweat for few hours and it was over
Bro all those ones are Chinese scorpions....if it was the type that stung a friend of mine and you don't go for treatment na death under 24 hours.
Below is the pics of that deadly emperor scorpion

Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
ViceGovernor:

Bro all those ones are Chinese scorpions....if it was the type that stung a friend of mine and you don't go for treatment na death under 24 hours.
This big black scorpions are even harmless ,we have many of them in my village ,the one the op posted is even more harmful than this one
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

There are many different species of scorpion, some have stings that can kill a human while some has stings that are harmless.
This one below looks like it'll be extremely dangerous but it has one of the mildest stings
I know this scorpion it's not that harmful , the one the op posted is a very common scorpion and it's very harmful ,that's the scorpion that stung me twice
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by ukaface(f): 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
jimyjames:

nervousness didn't make you go to the hospital?
Like you just stayed back home, feeling chill??

I for don run like usian bolt to hospital
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by ukaface(f): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2022
I take pride in my zodiac sign: Scorpio
But that Arachnida animal, I hate and despise. Not even an image of it is appealing.
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
ukaface:
nervousness didn't make you go to the hospital?
Like you just stayed back home, feeling chill??

I for don run like usian bolt to hospital
I knew it wasn't going to do me any harm , I grew up in the village so I know alot about scorpions
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Melagros(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Becareful next time.... Tinubu urchins do not only appear in the form of BATS to strike their perceived enemies.
Guys una the crez oo, una no go kill person here grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by ukaface(f): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
jimyjames:

I knew it wasn't going to do me any harm , I grew up in the village so I know alot about scorpions
tor!
Na you o
Wahala for who no live for village.
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jimyjames(m): 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
ukaface:
tor!
Na you o
Wahala for who no live for village.
Yes o it's good to combine knowledge from both sides , I learned that from chinua Achebe grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by okooloyun1(m): 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Thank goodness you noticed it on time. Scorpion stings are deadlier than that of snakes.

Modified... I just received numerous mentions that I was wrong and I thank you all for the correction. Thanks cool
I have been stung by scorpion several times. There are many species of scorpion, only few of them are venomous.
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by okooloyun1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 15, 2022
ViceGovernor:

This one is harmless. It just look scary grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by Proudlyomonna: 12:28am On Oct 16, 2022
Miracle1960:

You are right bro but during this up coming election, IPOB can turn to scorpion. So less be careful.

Na lie,na lie cheesy grin grin
Copy copy Agbado infested urchin grin
Your own dry die,e no Savage at all grin grin
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by jehoha696(m): 3:05am On Oct 16, 2022
jimyjames:

Sorry for quotating ur entire post, just like in snakes,some breed of scorpions are non venomous, the stingy u,i juz suffer from eida pain or urgent body temperature
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by pikechukwu6(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2022
Why killing your neighbour? you're no different from it. Both of you are living thing lipsrsealed
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by oluwakayode25(m): 8:09am On Oct 16, 2022
This misconception Sha, scorpion bites in Africa don't kill, at least the specie in Nigeria doesn't, endured a few stings myself,,,, I think I saw a thread on scorpion species on NL one time, but before then I was stung like 3 times, I didn't even flinch.. na then I know say scorpion sting no dey fatal at all
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by oluwakayode25(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

The variety we have in Nigeria doesn't kill.... I hate when I see people paranoid over our scorpion's Sha
Re: I Escaped Scorpion Sting Today by haslaw(m): 8:37am On Oct 16, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Becareful next time.... Tinubu urchins do not only appear in the form of BATS to strike their perceived enemies.

Tinubu lives rent free in your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whats D Best / Fast Cure For Eczema / 403 New COVID-19 Cases, 119 Discharged And 13 Deaths On June 14 - (1399 Tested) / Best And Greatest Doctors Ever Produced By Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.