Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi (2533 Views)

I Will Testify Against Obi If He Does Not Accept Defeat..... Chukwuma Dike / My Cousin Who Left For SA 5-years Ago Will Be Brought Back This Year In A Bag / PDP Had 21 States 21 Years Ago...will There Be A De Javu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Nyamuri: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
A former Emir of Kano State, Khalipha Muhammadu Sanusi II (popularly known as Sanusi Lamido Sanusi ), while given his keynote speech on improving subnational economic resilience said the Kaduna State should model after Lagos State by ensuring that there is continuity of government. Sanusi said,

"Having been part of this conference every year and this been your last year, it was inconceivable that I would have sent myself, i've rightly gone over the progress over the last seven Kadinvests, the achievements of Kaduna state since this started in 2017 are nothing short off remarkable. The results are there for all to see. And it is no surprise that all over this country when people are given examples of good stories to tell other governors that are doing what they're supposed to do.

"I'm proud always that my friend and brother Nasir is number one on the list, not that It surprises all of us who have known him since we were 16/17. I had reservations about his going to politics because I felt like his temperament was not suitable to that environment. But he has done extremely well and he has survived and he has left a legacy. My prayer for the seat is that we have continuity.

"For those of us who have lived in Lagos, we've seen how just having one governor after the other build on what the predecessor did, anyone who knows Lagos 20 years ago, knows it has changed in every in every single respect. It's not just the roads. It's not just the unicorns, even the even the color of the water in the Marina. I mean, really, for those of us who lived in Lagos, those were black, over years of cleaning it up, is now actually looking blue."

http:///s5b47e2bc221015en_ng?link=1&client=news

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
sad cool
Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Josegun(m): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na so...

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Reflect7: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na true sha.

Those of of us that grew up in the days of rushing for Molue, and heaps of refuse on the streets interspersed by Jakande chicken-shed schools can attest to the fact that Lagos has changed for the better.

But a lot more still needs to be done. cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Nyamuri: 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2022
And sleerping under bridge
tribalmall:
Except the flat headed monster from Alaigbo that constitute nuisance hawking fan yogi n okrika all over the city

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Throwback: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
There you have the verdict.

When Tinubu says Lagos was a jungle, he meant it was a mess like Aba.

Aba is developed, but it is a jungle of mess.

You cannot now compare Aba with Lagos.

Tinubu ensured that.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by kolaaderin: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
This needs to grease the front page ASAP.

We need to campaign with success of the past not promise of the future which may never be. If you have done it before you are at least 50% probability of repeating it against all odds, if you have never done it we can be sure it’s all mere sweet talking.
Tinubu has the records, Obi is trying to seduce us with sweet talks and fake statistics.

27 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by XerXers: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
Lagos changed but it was not changed by Thiefnubuu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by XerXers: 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
kolaaderin:

We need to campaign with success of the past not promise of the future which may never be. If you have done it before you are at least 50% probability of repeating it against all odds, if you have never done it we can be sure it’s all mere sweet talking.
Tinubu has the records, Obi is trying to seduce us with sweet talks and fake statistics.
Mention specific projects please

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by aieromon(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1EozwlZuFM

Comment is from the 5:00 mark
Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by OsunOriginal: 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
XerXers:

Mention specific projects please

One flathe@d spotted grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Kingspin(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
That's from 1999 is 8+8+4+3=24 years today meaning that Tinubu did not build Lagos. But was among the governors of Lagos State.
Fashola, Ambode, and Samwo.

Brigadier Mobolaji Johnson was the first Lagos military Governor from 27 May 1967.
Lagos State was formed on 27 May 1967 from Colony province and Lagos federal territory of Nigeria. (Now Federal capital territory is Abuja)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
This one Tinubu is now wearing northerners cap
I hope he won't change his name to Muazu soon
Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by benardtotti(m): 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2022
XerXers:
Lagos changed but it was not changed by Thiefnubuu

So who changed it ? Zeus? Or let me guess .... GEJ ?

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Okoroawusa: 12:20am On Oct 16, 2022
Even those arguing it knows in their hearts that it's true

26 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by paramakina202: 12:35am On Oct 16, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Even those arguing it knows in their hearts that it's true

Is there any city in Nigeria that haven't changed in the past 20 years?
Awka was a village 20 years ago.Uyo was a small town 20 years ago.My village have witness tremendous development in the past 20 years even though it does not have a governor.Is it only Lagos that witness developement in the past 20 years?The answer is no.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Proudlyomonna: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2022
It seems like Those people living in Agboyi,Mile 12,ododogun, Ajegunle, Shomolu, Bariga, Ikotun, Constain,orile,aguda,ijora will have to come out to protest bcus they don't regard them as Lagos anymore grin grin to some people na only,VI,Lekki,Ikoyi, Ikeja,Allen, Banana island be Lagos.
Drive to the other side of Alapere today if you no be pro,if your car no spoil you get luck.

APC MUST GO, FOR THEY ARE THE GREATEST DISASTER TO HIT THIS COUNTRY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Omoboricash(m): 1:14am On Oct 16, 2022
kolaaderin:

That guy called Obi is a scammer. Imagine quoting fake data and his urchins are praising him for spitting rubbish. Those who are cursing him then are now praising him.
Honestly i dont understand this people way.
They were praising him he did well in Anambra yet they couldn't stay and earn their living in Anambra. They all relocate to Lagos or Kano. If truely the guy performed excellently , they wouldn't be need for them to move elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Kagd10: 1:20am On Oct 16, 2022
Of course we know except hateful children.

Before Tinubu in 1999, there was no development of Lekki, Ajah, Magodo, Banana island, Eko Atlantic city etc... Not to mention the infrastructure, investment and economy put in places by Tinubu.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by whofoolwho: 1:21am On Oct 16, 2022
My brother there is no State even in the north with the insurgent that looks the same after twenty years ago. They all develop at their own pace and also based on the funds available.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by kettykin: 1:29am On Oct 16, 2022
Throwback:
There you have the verdict.

When Tinubu says Lagos was a jungle, he meant it was a mess like Aba.

Aba is developed, but it is a jungle of mess.

You cannot now compare Aba with Lagos.

Tinubu ensured that.

Aba that is not even a State capital is now being compared with Lagos that was a federal capital.
There is nothing I will not see in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by ElSudani: 1:30am On Oct 16, 2022
There you have it. Sanusi is a neutral party confirming what we have been telling the zombidients.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by whofoolwho: 1:30am On Oct 16, 2022
Omoboricash:

That guy called Obi is scammer. Imagine quoting faking data and his urchins are praising him for spitting rubbish. Those who are cursing him then are now praising him.
Honestly i dont understand this people way.
They were praising him he did well in Anambra yet they couldn't stay and earn their living in Anambra. They all relocate to Lagos or Kano. If truely the guy performed excellently , they wouldn't be need for them to move elsewhere.
Lagos was developed with the federal resources when it was the capital and all the federal government head offices were in Lagos and most Nigerians had to move down to Lagos as abuja now.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Kagd10: 1:45am On Oct 16, 2022
whofoolwho:
Lagos was developed with the federal resources when it was the capital and all the federal government head offices were in Lagos and most Nigerians had to move down to Lagos as abuja now.

You dey mad and you've got no one to tell you. Name any federal infrastructure in Lagos.

Eediot who keep forgetting the fact that Lagos back then is different from Lagos state today. Lagos back then was just Lagos Island which was the federal capital. Whereas 97% of what became Lagos state today was under the Western region under Awolowo. As a matter of fact, Ikeja was Awolowo's brainchild.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Ttalk: 2:07am On Oct 16, 2022
Kagd10:

You dey mad and you've got no one to tell you. Name any federal infrastructure in Lagos.

Eediot who keep forgetting the fact that Lagos back then is different from Lagos state today. Lagos back then was just Lagos Island which was the federal capital. Whereas 97% of what became Lagos state today was under the Western region under Awolowo. As a matter of fact, Ikeja was Awolowo's brainchild.

The guy is truly mad, was the Federal government that developed Ikeja Industrial Estate,

Was it the Federal government that built Eko Atlantic

Was it FG that create additional LG and spread development into the interiors.

Was it FG that is building light rails in Lagos?

Was it FG that changed Lagos's transportation system?

Our Okoro brothers have gone mad again

26 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by whofoolwho: 2:19am On Oct 16, 2022
Kagd10:

Mr non idiot who the built the international trade fair complex and brought the Volkswagen assembly plant to Lagos.I will be giving one Infastructure each day and these where built in your Lagos island. Pomo!
Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Kagd10: 2:22am On Oct 16, 2022
whofoolwho:
Mr non idiot who the built the international trade fair complex and brought the Volkswagen assembly plant to Lagos.I will be giving one Infastructure each day and these where built in your Lagos island. Pomo!

The trade fair complex that have no use.. I thought I did mention the fact that Lagos Island was the federal capital however the point is Lagos Island was different from today Lagos state which was under Awolowo back then.

I repeat mention what federal government did in Lagos. You dey ment!

And don't forget the fact that Lagos' first seaport was built by SW resources before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet pumps revenues to the federal government. It's Lagos who should be screaming blue murder here.

So according to your stooopid skull, na federal government develop Lekki, Ajah, Magodo, banana island, Ikeja, Eko Atlantic city etc? you dey mad!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by GeneralPula: 2:28am On Oct 16, 2022
No be lie..

Flatinoz can testify..

25 Likes

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by whofoolwho: 2:30am On Oct 16, 2022
tribalmall:
Except the flat headed monster from Alaigbo that constitute nuisance hawking fan yogi n okrika all over the city
No state in Nigeria that didnot improve with time.They came to Lagos to hawk fan yogo and okrika while their mates from the west are inside some of the forest in Ondo cutting timber and living like animals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by whofoolwho: 2:35am On Oct 16, 2022
Kagd10:

The trade fair complex that have no use.. I thought I did mention the fact that Lagos Island was the federal capital however the point is Lagos Island was different from today Lagos state which was under Awolowo back then.

I repeat mention what federal government did in Lagos. You dey ment!

And don't forget the fact that Lagos' first seaport was built by SW resources before the amalgamation of Nigeria yet pumps revenues to the federal government. It's Lagos who should be screaming blue murder here.

So according to your stooopid skull, na federal government develop Lekki, Ajah, Magodo, banana island, Ikeja, Eko Atlantic city etc? you dey mad!
please Mr wise man I also mentioned the Volkswagen plant I didn't hear anything about that one from you
Re: Anyone Who Knows Lagos State 20yrs Ago Will Testify It Has Changed- Sanusi by Kagd10: 2:37am On Oct 16, 2022
whofoolwho:
please Mr wise man I also mentioned the Volkswagen plant I didn't hear anything about that one from you

Something that's of no use in Lagos Island. I already said that Lagos Island was federal capital but it's different from Lagos state which was under Awolowo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Reportedly Attacked In Abule Ado, Police React / I Thank Asari Dokubo For Urging FG To Let Igbos Go / Atleast She Is Better Than Mariam Abacha: How Can People Say A Thing Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.