Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music (21546 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by kingyakos: 11:43am On Oct 16, 2022
Faithful4GOD:

I will not ask God for bread and He will give me stone.. God is more powerful and accessible to the Believer than the Devil

Luke 11:11-13

11. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12. Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

I recommend tongues beyond the upper room by Kenneth Hagin

We are good in quoting the scripture but understanding it is the problem because we thend to understand it in our idea instead of interpretation from the Holy Spirit.
Our ideas lead us into religion and religion is different from Christianity.

God is accessible to his Believer
Satan is accessible to his believer knowing or unknowingly.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by JoshTim: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2022
Maynmann:

Which can be interpreted into human language. They spoke in another language other than their native language just like in pentecost, when other people that weren’t filled with “holy spirit” was able to understand it in their native language

Have your ever heard a non-native speaker speak your language?....abeg shift.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by JoshTim: 11:49am On Oct 16, 2022
paulshedow:
This questions, my advise you should have taken it to your pastor first or find a spiritual man that have understanding on the things of the spirit. Nairaland is not the best platform to answer you on this matter. This is not a spiritual or bible study platform so many social and carnal people that will end up given you there opinion or what they feel about it. I wish I can answer Your question but I am type that hate argument or take insult. But believe me I can contribute little on this if you want us to talk probably on WhatsApp. God bless you

Wrong. The concept of tithe has been preached to us wrongly ever since....until Pastor Creflo Dollar recant his statements and the wrong doings by churches when it comes to tithe. Now, the question is if they claimed they heard from God, they wouldn't have preached heresies. Many fake men of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Maynmann: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2022
JoshTim:

Have your ever heard a non-native speaker speak your language?....abeg shift.

It’s called xenolalia, shift with your illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Jossymekoos10: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2022
OnknownSoldier:
If you are conversant with the modern-day gospel music industry, you would have noticed a sudden surge of unknown tongues in many gospel songs from gospel artists of mostly black descent. This sudden development in my opinion is worthy of serious interrogation as the Bible says that we should test all spirits so as know which is of God [1 John 4:1].

The gospel songs I knew while growing up emphasized godly living using language(s) that can be understood. The hymns for example are written in plain language(s) and one can attest to the fact that those songs are divinely inspired and spirit-filled. Meanwhile, the present crops of gospel music raving the moment are mostly incorporated with unknown tongues and spiritual chants that can not be understood by anyone and yet we have not found a single interpreter to interpret the tongues in these popular songs. I believe that in itself negates the fundamental injunction stated by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:27.

I have been to megachurches in several regions of Nigeria where I have heard worship leaders repeating the same tongues in these popular gospel records verbatim and I get confused each time. Damn! Something is wrong somewhere. It's almost impossible to hear a gospel record these days without hearing an unknown tongue in it. Could that be the latest marketing strategy to sell gospel records?

Yes! I believe in tongues but I also believe that not all spirit-filled Christians must speak in tongues. Some operate in other gifts like prophecy, Discernment, word of knowledge, words of wisdom, walking of miracles e.t.c [1 Corinthians 12:4-11]. it is the spirit that distributes these gifts but I wonder while the present church places much emphasis on tongues. Well, maybe that's because tongues are the easiest to fake. Maybe I said.

Now to my honest questions:

1. If speaking in tongues only edifies the one who speaks it and not the body of Christ as it is in 1 Corinthians 14:4, why will any gospel musician incorporate an unknown tongue in his or her song lyrics for the body of Christ?

2. Where exactly is it written in the Bible that Christians should sing in tongues? Is there anywhere in the Bible the Apostles did? I know pentecostal christians will mention 1 Corinthians 14:15 but is that what Apostle Paul was really saying in that passage?

3. Why were the ancient gospel songs not incorporated with unknown tongues as we have now? Could it be that modern Christian worship has been hijacked by strange spirits?

Above are my reservations about the sudden proliferation of unknown tongues in modern gospel music. I will appreciate answers with biblical reference(s) to my questions in the comment section.

Thanks!

It's all about false prophets
Speaking in unknown tongues is a spiritual gift
But we have instructions on it which is simple
If you are in public worship and you cannot interpret it or there's no other interpreter, DO NOT SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES.
Speaking in tongues has no role in music made for public when it's not interpreted
Those who violate this instruction are not of God
Simple

3 Likes

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by OMYKROIN: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2022
OnknownSoldier:

To the very first question I asked, I wrote that If speaking in tongues only edifies the one who speaks it and not the body of Christ as it is in 1 Corinthians 14:4, why will any gospel musician incorporate unknown tongues in a song meant for the body of Christ.

So my emphasis is not on whether the tongues are genuine or not but if they are appropriate.

The blablabla and tekuria yamaha I hear in church that people accept as speaking in tongues, can you identify the language?

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by OMYKROIN: 11:54am On Oct 16, 2022
doggedfighter:
Speaking gibberish is called tongues by religious folks.

When one sect speaks a better and funky gibberish the other religious group out of jealousy like Op will dub it fake grin

Your carnality is premium I must applaud but you spoke noting short of the truth.
I hope you are voting for Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Yomit71(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2022
OnknownSoldier:

Well, the Pastor can do that because it's a gift.
Na lie, all these tongues you are mostly gibberish. It all started from say after me undecided

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by phemmyfour: 11:56am On Oct 16, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
The truth is that most tongues being spoken in the churches these days are fake so nothing new there.

There might be some genuine tongues being spoken on some of those songs you spoke about if it was truly the Holy Spirit that gave the utterances but that rarely happens.

That's one area the church needs revival today.

God bless.
It's better you don't judge what you don't understand. You don't have the authority to judge tongues

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Heterodox(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2022
OnknownSoldier:

True! But not always. Some people record in one take.
nobody does that sir.

This is not rap music.

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by doggedfighter(f): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2022
OMYKROIN:

Your carnality is premium I must applaud but you spoke noting short of the truth.
I hope you are voting for Tinubu?

I am Obidient ,dearie.

Please come let's be Obidient together.

Please I am begging.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Tobechuckwu(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2022
bammo:

You are accusing the OP of things he did not say or imply. The problem here is that, you have already formed an opinion of him based on mere sentiment.
The OP has raised fair questions which shows that he is concerned for the future of the church. Why don't you examine the questions and try to come up with a more cogent response.

I'm being sincere with you here
Speaking in tongues is not an issue for born again Christian. If u start having issues with speaking in tongues, then check ur salvation very well.

Apart from when the holy ghost came down in d day in the book of Acts, that was the only time pple heard them speaking in their language bcuz they needed to be saved.
Check carefully, all through the book of Acts where pple heard them speak in their native language when they spoke in tongues.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
kingyakos:

You are wrong.
Is the devil not also a spirit, is the devil not a pervertor of the things of God, didn't the scripture says that they will even look like God that if possible will deceived the very elect.
Any speaking in tongues that ain't come with an interpreter is not of God, it's a familiar spirit from the devil.

I'm talking about born again Christian here nd the Bible made it so clear that it's a sign of those that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ nd have received the holy ghost.
Yes, anything original there will definitely be fake, but does it mean speaking in tongues is fake?
Gladly answer with sincerity of heart
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Midas01: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2022
Tongues do not need interpreters pls... Dead that narrative.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by OnknownSoldier: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
lifestyletv:
You've concluded your statement already, you said you don't believe every Christian should speak in tongues, and that gives a clue into the purpose of your writeup. You're trying to counter what goes against your fundamental belief.

However, to others, I'd say, the bible is your school and the Holy SPirit is your teacher, don't let anyone on social media be your teacher. Listen to God, listen to those whom He has ordained as teacher of the word, and have an intimate fellowship with God. Sellah.

Yes! You rightly identified my fundamental belief but what answer doesn't answer my questions.

The question is why the a sudden surge of unknown tongues in modern gospel music? Something that wasn't there in the days of the fathers.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by OnknownSoldier: 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
bammo:

You are accusing the OP of things he did not say or imply. The problem here is that, you have already formed an opinion of him based on mere sentiment.
The OP has raised fair questions which shows that he is concerned for the future of the church. Why don't you examine the questions and try to come up with a more cogent response.

Thank you. God bless you
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2022
OnknownSoldier:

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Now that you have quoted Mark 16:17- 20- And these signs will follow those who [a]believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

But I will ask you to read my writeup again because I perceive that you hurriedly read it. I emphatically stated that I believe in speaking in tongues. Please see the article again especially the fourth paragraph.

Now, you will seen in the passage of the Bible that it's not only speaking in tongues that is ascribed to believers. So, I will ask you if you can pick up a serpent? How many demons have you cast out? can you drink anything deadly? Can you lay hands on the sick?

How many of the above have you even tried before apart from speaking in tongues?

Now back to ur initial explanation.

Must everybody believe in Jesus Christ before they are saved?
Must everybody believe nd confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ before being saved?
If ur answer is yes, then speaking in tongues is for every born again Christian.

U can't believe in something nd says it's not for every born again Christian, it's not possible.
Everyone they got born again in the Acts of apostle, received the holy ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, I mean everyone.

Now u are talking about every sign the Bible says will follow believers, yes they are for every believer.
Casting out devils is d easiest for every believer in the name of Jesus, ur faith in that name makes it happen.
If u don't have faith in the name of Jesus, u can't cast out devils.

Picking up serpent, do u just go about nd pick up serpent?
Do u just go about to drink up poison?
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Nickymichy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2022
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you... God bless

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by kingyakos: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I'm talking about born again Christian here nd the Bible made it so clear that it's a sign of those that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ nd have received the holy ghost.
Yes, anything original there will definitely be fake, but does it mean speaking in tongues is fake?
Gladly answer with sincerity of heart

Not everyone who called his/her self a born again Christian truly is
Not everyone who called his/her self a believer truly is.

The scripture made it clear about speaking in tongues and it said they must be an interpreter. Anything other than that is of the devil.

The devil also speak in tongues and it's so common in the world today, we see it in almost all the churches today preaching social gospel and their gospel artist.

2 Likes

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
Maynmann:

There’s no where the bible says that.
Speaking in tongues means speaking in a language other than your native language not some gibberish and term it “unknown language”, of what benefits is it to those hearing it?

That's the mistake most pple make.
Speaking in tongues is primarily for u as a believer.
The word of God builds u up Acts 20vs 32 and speaking in tongues also builds u up Jude 1 Vs 20.

When u speak in tongues, u speak to God nd not men. 1 cor 14 Vs 2.
Speaking in tongues is for ur edification first of all.

Most pple are too worried about the pple hearing them, nd forget more about themselves.

Don't be carried away with the secondary purpose of speaking in tongues nd forget about the primary purpose. It's for building u up first before anything.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by OMYKROIN: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
doggedfighter:

I am Obidient ,dearie.

Please come let's be Obidient together.

Please I am begging.

I was only teasing you cos am scared of Mikanos and Agbadorians.

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Techstar: 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
Curious345:
a JuJu man told me some of those so called tongues are actually incantations to appease some powers who help the song to blow
Let God be true, let every man be liar. Your source of insight should be the Word of God not juju man

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by mastermaestro(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2022
kingyakos:

You were speaking in tongues but wasn't of God, it's called " familiar spirit" and it's of the devil. The devil is the master of pervert, he pervert almost everything that is of God except life and life eternal. How can you be alone in your room and start speaking in tongues and say it's of God, God is not an author of confusion, he has made his word clear in the scripture about speaking in tongues. Before any man speak in tongues it must be in a gathering of two or three in his name and there also must be someone to interpret it, other than that the Holy Spirit will not fall on any man to speak in tongues and anything other than that is of the devil.
I heard so many pastors, gospel artist and religious leaders called speaking in tongues a heavenly language, it is a lie and i totally disagree with that. Speaking in tongues is me being a Yoruba, the Holy Spirit fall upon me and i prophecied in a language i don't understand, maybe French Hausa Igbo ibibio efik Spanish language and there must be someone in that gathering who understands the language the Holy Spirit prophecied with and it's the Holy Spirit that will appoint the interpreter. Anything else than that is of the devil.

Your ignorance is unbearable. If you say you are a Christian, then you have to stop skipping Sunday School, that's if your church has one. grin Damn, look at the misleading misinformation you boldly vomited up here. Them supposed whip you cane if really you be Christian. angry
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's better you don't judge what you don't understand. You don't have the authority to judge tongues
I perfectly understand what I speak of because I've been there and done that so I'm not judging but speaking the truth.
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by wash02: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
Op said not all spirit-filled Christians must speak in tongues. Please what spirit are those Christians filled with? If it's the same spirit that came on the believers waiting in the upper room, then I dare say in contrast to your inclination that every spirit-filled Christian has to speak in tongues. People who say ignoble things bout those who speak in tongues without interpretation should study their Bible more and not just skim through it.

2 Likes

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
Why you have a problem.with tongues spoken in songs but not in church?.... what's the difference? Since you speak in tongues to edify yourself ... why do others have to hear what you say? ... shouldn't it be just between you and God? You speak in tongues ... even you don't know what you're saying ... so how can you be communicating with man or even God? If God knows then you need not talk... why even talk?
If you speak in tongues or be singing in tongues.... others must know what you're saying .... either directly or through an interpreter .... if not ... you should sit down and be silent. Isn't this is what is said very clearly in the Bible?.... but yet... tongues speakers can explain ... I guess God was confused.

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Maynmann: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

That's the mistake most pple make.
Speaking in tongues is primarily for u as a believer.
The word of God builds u up Acts 20vs 32 and speaking in tongues also builds u up Jude 1 Vs 20.

When u speak in tongues, u speak to God nd not men. 1 cor 14 Vs 2.
Speaking in tongues is for ur edification first of all.

Most pple are too worried about the pple hearing them, nd forget more about themselves.

Don't be carried away with the secondary purpose of speaking in tongues nd forget about the primary purpose. It's for building u up first before anything.

Jude 1vs20 says nothing about speaking in tongue.
Read 1 cor 14vs2 to the end, stop cherry picking.
Of what use is speaking in tongues to multitude if they can’t understand?
Seems speaking in tongues is not important cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Are there real tongues?
Do you mean now or then in the day of Pentecost?

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
AntiChristian:
Which is Jesus tongue?

What's the name of Jesus Christ's last album?
Why are you interested in these questions
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by kingyakos: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
mastermaestro:

Your ignorance is unbearable. If you say you are a Christian, then you have to stop skipping Sunday School, that's if your church has one. grin Damn, look at the misleading misinformation you boldly vomited up here. Them supposed whip you cane if really you be Christian. angry

Small pikin. wetin u sabi, u think say Christ dey church. If ur Sunday School dey teach u anything, dem for teach u manners
Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by mastermaestro(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I'm being sincere with you here
Speaking in tongues is not an issue for born again Christian. If u start having issues with speaking in tongues, then check ur salvation very well.

Apart from when the holy ghost came down in d day in the book of Acts, that was the only time pple heard them speaking in their language bcuz they needed to be saved.
Check carefully, all through the book of Acts where pple heard them speak in their native language when they spoke in tongues.

How are you going to enlighten unbelievers about speaking in tongues? Don't let them wear you out bro. grin I have been laughing hard reading the rubbish that some supposed Christians are saying about tongues. Sincerely, Sunday School and Bible Study must be revived at all cost. grin

I have no business discussing tongues with someone who hasn't even come to terms with basic foundational doctrines like salvation, sanctification, redemption, and repentance.

1 Like

Re: The Proliferation Of Unknown Tongues In Modern Gospel Music by Tobechuckwu(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2022
xynerise:

You don't just open your mouth and be saying the rubbish you were taught and call it speaking in tongues without the direction of the Holy spirit. And who told you that every Christian must speak in tongues? What happened to the other gifts of the Holy spirit?

Don't be angry just bcuz u don't like us that speaks in tongues.
The holy ghost gave us utterance. That u don't like something doesn't mean it's fake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / How Were People Solving Their Spiritual Issues When There Was No Christianity / Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.