Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women (23926 Views)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / How I Stop Greeting The Elderly People Especially Women Irrespective On Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by mzeepositive: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
conclusion when suffer meet you
you go give yourself sense

2 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Let me guess, is ur real name Juliet? grin
Stargurl20:

I guess that's why. But make I no lie, I feel bad at times, coz I feel I should be the most loved as her first and only daughter, but unfortunately, we do not always get what we want cool
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Skillsnigeria: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Brownshoe: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you
you can come use one of my 2 bedroom apartment.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by IamMobisola(f): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:
Is it advisable for a lady of maybe 25 years to leave home immediately after NYSC just to save her self from foreseen pressures? I'm still an undergraduate. Will be round off in less than a year by the grace of God and may ASUU not embark on another strike. I've been thinking a lot these days, and I'm just not confident enough to face any pressure from families especially after NYSC.

To those who left home after NYSC, with no hope of where to go, how to start or what to do, were you able to scale through? Did you regret your decision?

Pls, share your experiences, especially if you are a lady who has experienced this. Thank you

No matter what you do, please and please try and SAVE MONEY from your allowances(Nysc and work place) when you start service. It will help you a lot. Try not to allow material things get into your mindset at this stage, it will help you with a good saving habit.

That’s what I did and what helped me to start my importation business when I almost rounded up my service. It’s been 2 years since I graduated from the university and I have never asked for a dime from my parents, siblings or anyone. Having two sources of income has made me financially independent and disciplined in my dealings.

Please ooo, life is too evil to be under any one’s mercy financially.

One last thing, learn an IT skill if you haven’t

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Dear Stargurl20,

Why are you putting yourself under unnecessary pressure? I won't advice you to do that, rather, I will advise you to stay with your family, save up while serving, and get busy with something that would take your mind off the "foreseen" pressure you talked about.... Good men will surely come, nah you go dey select them like who dey select Jigawa beans. Take your time and develop yourself while living with your parents.

At least, some popular evening newspaper in this forum are doing well for themselves, no matter how some guys laugh at them, there are still some Irredeemable SIMP's dying to wife them.

Don't be in a haste, don't be in any unnecessary pressure. Enjoy your life.

Thank you and remain blessed.

Boss. Thanks for this. I'm not a lady neither am I doing NYSC but I picked a thing or two from here. DON'T BE IN A HASTE. DON'T BE UNDER ANY UNNECESSARY PRESSURE.

Thanks once more

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by IamMobisola(f): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
youngZee23:
See the way people are rushing to advice..if na boy wey post this now..come see insults upon insults..hmm this life eh

Insults kwa? On top wetin na.
A few guys have asked for similar advice on nairaland and the advices remained the same though, just that the guys should stay away from ladies grin grin
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Bfly: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
So far, most of the commentors suggested marrying up.

It is a big shame.

No wonder politicians bait us with youth as a concept.

Pained!
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Goldbw122(m): 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2022
fman:
Start saving money...
So that after your NYSC, you can rent an apartment while u look for jobs..
Or better still, you meant be posted to a good establishment, that pays well.
Then u can retain and plan your future.
Investing is better than saving in this regime we are in now.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Goldbw122(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

You know pressure can be a energy, so it is what you so with that energy that matters.. you can take it to be a positive energy and you can take it to be a negative energy. So it is what you want that pressure to do in your life.

Well it is not easy after nysc, yeah some student don't have skill so they just starting from scratch again to learn and sharpening their skill so it just take the grace of God to be great and succeed after school life is over.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Owen247: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by holysaint1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol...married by next? Lol ... Don't crack me up pls.

I'm the first born of my mum and her only daughter. I've two younger brothers

I dont understand what you mean by crack you up... Is it that you dont have any prospective admirer ? Or you re of the opinion that its too early to marry or what

I know of a girl in my uni that got married when she was still 19y/o to an established igbo man.. Everything just happened like film trick. Guess what.. They re still together till today.

See life no get manual ooo... Anything can just happen at any given time.

So just keep your mind open and pray for the best. Thatsall

2 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by kaymart: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

Lol
He don tell u fact
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Let me guess, is ur real name Juliet? grin
Lol... I'm a Muslim.
Why guess if my name is Juliet?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
pinkygurl:

After NYSC my elder sibling moved straight to her husband’s house .Lols. Printing wedding cards, doing wedding shopping, etc based on say the husband don set already grin
A lot of female friends posted to Lag and Abuja after NYSC just rented apartments there & started looking for jobs straight . A friend met her husband at her place of work , & got married soon after. Another started an eatery, met her husband in church, got married , and JAPA -ed with her hubby few months after.

@mi sha, after NYSC, l just booked the next available flight to a new life in Australia immediately to begin my masters , having secured admission & processed visa months earlier. I do not regret my decision.
Japa-ing isn't easy, especially for us from not so well to do homes
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
pinkygurl:

After NYSC my elder sibling moved straight to her husband’s house .Lols. Printing wedding cards, doing wedding shopping, etc based on say the husband don set already grin
A lot of female friends posted to Lag and Abuja after NYSC just rented apartments there & started looking for jobs straight . A friend met her husband at her place of work , & got married soon after. Another started an eatery, met her husband in church, got married , and JAPA -ed with her hubby few months after.

@mi sha, after NYSC, l just booked the next available flight to a new life in Australia immediately to begin my masters , having secured admission & processed visa months earlier. I do not regret my decision.

Japa-ing isn't easy, especially for us from not so well to do homes
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
Elidrisy20:
if I'm not mistaking this is iseyin camp,oyo state
I don't get
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by achimendy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stargurl20:

My advice to you is try as much as possible to add value to your life, make sure you're good at what you do so you can make money and avoid dependency.

Secondly Try and create good relationships for your own good. Relationship helps alot, dont underestimate anybody, relate well, love, care and be nice. You can meet your husband from there. Is not as if there's no husband is just that some men are not happy with the kind of women they're seeing out there.

I give thesame advice to my sister, and am telling you thesame thing too. It's not always easy though, but the earlier you apply this method the better for you.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
JasonScoolari:

At least, some popular evening newspaper in this forum are doing well for themselves, no matter how some guys laugh at them, there are still some Irredeemable SIMP's dying to wife them.

Truly some people were created with factory fitted wickedness. What Is Savagery again?grin

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Zane2point4(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is the point everyone mostly guys get confused on what next ahead!
Just take a chill pill first we all felt sam way’

If you’re a man time to look for skill and invest in the most littel way possible or attach to someone in anoda city to learn a skill or if u hv the capital learn a trade’

If you’re a woman if your family permit get a self con or a room apartment and learn a skill while looking for work too,associate with ppl already in the field and get inspired by them!
With time and hardwork things will start falling in place!

2 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Owen247:

What happened?

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nawttiboi007(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
Hmmmm life’s so dicey .. my ex- way back in school days, we’ve lost contact though but her nickname n favorite password was “stargurl”
Stargurl20:

Lol... I'm a Muslim.
Why guess if my name is Juliet?
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Stargurl20(f): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nawttiboi007:
Hmmmm life’s so dicey .. my ex- way back in school days, we’ve lost contact though but her nickname n favorite password was “stargurl”

Oh.... I'm safe.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Nawttiboi007(m): 4:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Of course.. you seem more reserved n well cultured though. My regards to your mom
Stargurl20:

Oh.... I'm safe.
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by NaijaCover(m): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nawa o

You Can Start Blogging Business And Save Yourself That Pressure

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by occfx: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2022
JasonScoolari:
Dear Stargurl20,

Why are you putting yourself under unnecessary pressure? I won't advice you to do that, rather, I will advise you to stay with your family, save up while serving, and get busy with something that would take your mind off the "foreseen" pressure you talked about.... Good men will surely come, nah you go dey select them like who dey select Jigawa beans. Take your time and develop yourself while living with your parents.

Don't be in a haste, don't be in any unnecessary pressure. Enjoy your life.

LOL, your second paragraph is the finish line. Very good advise laced with comedy. Ozo dieing to have Kwin poko

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by VTJN(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
johnfem321:
So you have given up on finding husband while you are still in school.. shey na when you finish school you wan get your on husband.. you better find husband in school before you graduate.. the pressure is necessary.. you are no more a kid
Lol

She should marry a student who still get money from his parents?

U no try o
Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by GboyegaD(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
My only advice is that you should be careful and don't act like a few corpers I knew in my time. I wouldn't know why they couldn't go home and had to settle for less in Bayelsa and a few months after service year, things were not looking up for them. I hope things are much better for them now.

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by Swagz007(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Long story short after service home no be sweet home again na war ground with moving out best option, talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women by seanwilliam(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Antyxx:

I left home at 20years to be hustling, you better find your way and delete your age from your brain, focus on success,thats the only way to survive this cruel world. If you are successful, you will easily find man no matter your age. What the society says about old women not getting husband is a lie, even younger guys wont allow you to rest

stargurl20 please don’t fall for the bolded. This person will never agree if his 25 years old son brings home a 35 years old woman for marriage. hypocrisy at peak!..

As you’re developing yourself, ensure you’re considering relationship too. All of dem commenters fit no one tell you the truth just to make you positive but the reality is that the older you get as a woman the lower the chances of finding your taste of man.

As you’re husling , I’ll implore you to give chance to a man who you deem serious so you both can build future together( I pray God gives you a discerning spirit too). And be of good character, that’s what 90% of men neeed. They don’t need your MONEY atleast for me. The money you’re chasing is mostly for yourself trust me.

I’ll also advice you to remain in your parents’ house,
It has a lot of advantages trust me. See the reality is there’s high chances of you turning to a whôre if you stay alone as woman without financial capacity. Paying bills single-handedly is not easy o, ha.

Also our society frown at single women living on their own, they see them as WHÔRE And there’s high chances of you becoming a single mother if you choose that path because men will have easy access to you ( no matter how smart you think you are) and most of them might just be after your body.

Just ensure you learn lucrative skills and contribute to the financial needs of the house, and SAVE to invest.
You will know when it’s the right time to move.

Pele aduke

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Elderly Man Heaps Praises On His Wife As She Arrives From Work (video) / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women / Who Are The Real Middle Class In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.