Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences (22415 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. / When I Was Pregnant, I Was Mocked, Suspended By Church - Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

Any advice for me cos I am broken

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by wis3(m): 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
I understand what it feels like but you shouldn't let things like these get to you. Focus on the small and important things in life and you'll be okay.

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
wis3:
I understand what it feels like but you shouldn't let things like these get to you. Focus on the small and important things in life and you'll be okay.
Thank you, maybe it's getting to me cos I am an introvert and by nature, we overthink things.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by wis3(m): 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:

Thank you, maybe it's getting to me cos I am an introvert and by nature, we overthink things.
it's a nice thing. You're human. It's admirable. The plan was to provoke you so you'd react, possibly go physical with her and it doesn't always end well. I mean, what if, she accidentally slumped in the process? You'd have more problems on your hands.

156 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ay04z(m): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
I like d fact tha u did not reply her at all.... She will begin to fear u. .. Because na she mumu pass.... Cheers... God will make a way for u so soon.... Quote me after d good news...

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by doggedfighter(f): 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
You are a wise woman.

Thank you for not allowing her drag you down to her level of raising voices in the compound.

Things will become better for your family soon !

Don't over think the incident, please.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by VeryWickedMan: 12:53pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:
She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody.

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
I've been mocked and I still get side mockes from people cause of my locked knee!

Sometimes it gets to me and I feel sad and other times I just let it go and tell my self that my actions are what define me not the structure of my legs.

You have all right to feel sad about what your neighbor said cause painful at it sounds it's the obvious Truth.

But the only way you can seek peace is to try and better your living condition. Focus more on what will add more value to you l, your income and your family. I'm very sure this will help a lot!

Modified:

This blew up smiley thanks for showing concern for my plight and Op's smiley

Modified: back then when I was in primary 5, our basic science teacher was teaching a topic on deficiency and he spoke about rickets and vitamin D. All of a sudden a lady class mate, sitting behind me tapped me and looked into my eyes and said they talking about my leg structure. At that point I felt so down and broken. It was hard. Won't lie grin grin

Lol! People sha grin

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Channah1(f): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
You don't need to fight or reply her back. Leave her to God,. God will surely fight for you.

I have been mocked here on nairaland when I had accommodation issue but I hand all my mockers to God cos hes the only one that can reply them for me.

Leave her to God.

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by nwajesus12(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wotowoto ooo
Ewu sad

73 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by naija4life247: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Be a true woman, go there are beat up the nuisance. If it's a guy that is messing up, your husband would have gone to treat his fucck up. But in this instance, it is your duty to go and teach the nuisance a bitter lesson. Go and put on your jeans knicker, wear bra, wear top bra, pit on an inner singlet, then wear a thick top. Go there are keep the idiot shut forcefully.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by tayo60(f): 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
I no dey put those things for my mind, if you no get your own for body, dey dia dey mock me.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Kasdat5(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
It's an everyday something , esp in my kind of hustle , I careless about any of them , Sha let my money complete , else na there the Russia / Ukraine go start

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by sisisioge: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hmmmm

Better not to pay her any attention but it's ok to think of what she said if it bothers you.....would you like to change it or continue to roll within that circle? You are obviously a better person than her but disadvantaged. Better get your hands busier to ease your predicament. You will laugh last.

I used to be incredibly skinny and hated when people pointed it out. In fact, it got to a point that I was spending all my allowance on protein milkshakes and other foods to add weight. This might sound trivial but it was my biggest bother then and I took care of it. Again, if your state bothers you, take care of it while pretending that madam mockery is just giving you a feedback from her perceptive. Good luck darling....we need an e-hug emogen.

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by baby124: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:
Good afternoon N'lders, so we had a compound meeting with d landlord yesterday. Note that d landlord doesn't stay with us.

During the meeting, a female married neighbor raised some complaints about another neighbor whose family are in the habit of wasting water in d compound. Their tap head is spoilt but they refused to repair it, when water is pumping, they can leave their tap on overnight and so on. My husband was also confirming what d neighbor was saying.

During the meeting, the said woman whose family was wasting water came in and was
making some side remarks and even asked the Landlord why he had to call the meeting. The landlord didn't reply but rather asked her to leave the meeting. Am sure this angered her

When she came back from her business place in the night, from the gate she started raining insults on the woman that reported her, my husband,my children and myself. I have never been so humiliated in my life. Of a truth, we re going through financial challenges at the moment and it's telling on us. She called me a skeleton, my children kwashiorkor and my husband she called a Nobody. We were inside while she kept ranting and ranting outside, she later went inside her house and continued her rant from there. She said so many unprintable things to us but by God's grace we didn't even step out not to talk of replying her.

My great n'land family, is the woman wrong to have reported her? and am I wrong to have kept quiet while she humiliated and mocked my family for being poor?

You did the right thing. Ignore and avoid her. She’s obviously not ok. You are just unnecessarily sensitive about your condition. All will be well and it will work out with time. Everybody goes through good and bad times.

What are you currently doing to get your family in a better situation?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by ahnie: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kasdat5:
It's an everyday something , esp in my kind of hustle , I careless about any of them , Sha let my money complete , else na there the Russia / Ukraine go start
That's the spirit...keep it up!
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Thanks @ all for ur kind words and encouragement. I feel much better now

23 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Exmilitant(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:
Thanks @ all for ur kind words and encouragement. I feel much better now
it's not really easy to stomach mockery and insults, I feel your pain.
What I normally do to anyone who mocks or embarrass me is report them to a dreaded deity at Ika Annang in Akwa Ibom state. grin.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Mumben(f): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
Exmilitant:
What I normally do to anyone who mocks or embarrass me is report them to a dreaded deity at Ika Annang in Akwa Ibom state. grin.
Reporting to a deity is not an option for me.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DenreleDave(m): 5:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Mumben:

It feels normal to be broken after such insults...... People hate the truth.....

Normally if I were to be your husband, I would nt have said anything....

I have studied people and realized that they hate anytin truth....

Encourage your husband next time not to interfere in such matter... Don't worry God will raise you up and your family will build one soon by God grace

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DenreleDave(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2022
wis3:
it's a nice thing. You're human. It's admirable. The plan was to provoke you so you'd react, possibly go physical with her and it doesn't always end well. I mean, what if, she accidentally slumped in the process? You'd have more problems on your hands.

U too watch nollywood.... Chai

Must sumtin like death always happen whne two people go physical.. Must someone always slump?

You didn't even raise the concern that what if she herself slumped... God forbid....

Nollywood don make una bliv say the one attacked always slump grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DenreleDave(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Exmilitant:

How come your deity can't take your out of your militant life? Is it so dumb to only welcome mocking or embarrassment case but wunt better your life grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by DenreleDave(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
naija4life247:
Be a true woman, go there are best up the nuisance. If it's a guy that is messing up, your husband would have gone to treat his fucck up. But in this instance, it is your duty to go and teach the nuisance a bitter lesson. Go and put on your jeans knicker, wear bra, wear top bra, pit on an inner singlet, then wear a thick top. Go there are keep the idiot shut forcefully.

What if the nuisance overpowers her and her husband ?

Isn't That double disgrace kiss kiss

Fighting wit a mad person means you are also mad... It is best to ignore them

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by naija4life247: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
DenreleDave:

What if the nuisance overpowers her and her husband ?

Isn't That double disgrace kiss kiss

Fighting wit a mad person means you are also mad... It is best to ignore them

No way, useless abusers are always weak. They fight with their mouth.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 6:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Channah1:
You don't need to fight or reply her back. Leave her to God,. God will surely fight for you.

I have been mocked here on nairaland when I had accommodation issue but I hand all my mockers to God cos hes the only one that can reply them for me.

Leave her to God.

You still haven't gotten over the fact that nobody cares about you on Nairaland. You should be appreciating God for taking you out of trenches not looking for how God will punish your mockers. Your so called "mockers" serve your God better than you do. So how God wan take punish them bayi?

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Stevenbright(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
The best reply you and your family can give to her is to work out a legit way to come out of your financial difficulty and become successful. You and your husband should make this a point of focus and work with God through prayers and appropriate action steps to get out of your current situation. Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Acidosis(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
@Op, sorry you had to endure those insults o. You will get over it. Your husband should learn to mind his business next time.

Your financial issue is not the reason you receive those insults. When you drag a ma.d woman or call her out over her inadequacies, then be prepared for the outcome.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by doggedfighter(f): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
Acidosis:

You still haven't gotten over the fact that nobody cares about you on Nairaland. You should be appreciating God for taking you out of trenches not looking for how God will punish your mockers. Your so called "mockers" serve your God better than you do. So how God wan take punish them bayi?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ok12345(f): 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
The day lapo people drag me for clothes reach their office, na that day I stop to collect loan,it was a life changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by ahnie: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2022
Ok12345:
The day lapo people drag me for clothes reach their office, na that day I stop to collect loan,it was a life changing decision.

Sorry madam ehn
Chai I can only imagine,my God!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences by Ok12345(f): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
ahnie:

Chai I can only imagine,my God!

It wasn't funny ooo
I don't take loans anymore oo,it is better I die of hunger than collect from loan sharks

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? / Help Anytime I Get Angry I Destroy Things / South African Lady Celebrates Her 100-Year-Old Grandmother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.