Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask (1137 Views)

Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / Blessing Okoro: A Lot Of Married Women Are Sex Starved - Relationship Expert / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2022
Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro, has asked women why they are scared of divorce.

Taking to her Instagram page, Blessing wrote;

''Why are you women always scared of DIVORCE??
Share your fears let me help you process it .
What scares you more about Divorce
Self esteem?
Validation?
Loneliness?
Help?

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 10:46am On Oct 17, 2022
Taking to her comment section, some ladies outlined why women aren't comfortable with divorce. They opined that African women
have been programmed to believe they cannot survive without men in their lives

See the replies below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by general111(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2022
Well, what do i know sef?
Afterall, i am only but a man...
But i think women are scared of divorce in nigeria because the nigerian society will not favour them.
Also, men are scared of divorce overseas because the system there favours female.So it is not about the gender, but the system and who it favours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Pregift(f): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2022
An average Nigeria woman is afraid of divorce bcs they feel that marriage is what makes them complete as a woman. So if they are out of it they have no life.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Klass99(f): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by DontBullshitMe: 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Finance.
Societal backlash.
Loneliness.
Age too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Easy to move on for man unlike woman.

When u are under a man as a wife, you won't know the value until you become free ranger

..........I think, Toyin Aimaku, Tonto Dikeh of this world understand better.

When a woman is single (divorcee) her values lower considerably. Even guys that are not up to her younger brother mates would ask her out, and if she don't careful, her house may become mini-brothel as a result of "shop and go" from different men and guys.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fiscus105:

When u are under a man as a wife, you won't know the value until you become free ranger

When a woman is single (divorcee) her values lower considerably. Even guys that are not up to her younger brother mates would ask her out, and if she don't careful, her house may become mini-brothel as a result of "shop and go" from different men and guys.
Well said cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
general111:
Well, what do i know sef?
Afterall, i am only but a man...
But i think women are scared of divorce in nigeria because the nigerian society will not favour them.
Also, men are scared of divorce overseas because the system there favours female.So it is not about the gender, but the system and who it favours.

We are talking about divorce in Nigeria not Overseas

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by culf: 12:06am On Oct 18, 2022
If not for abusive marriage and probably a chronic cheat, divorce shouldn't be an option
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

The bolded is exactly what blessing's question is all about, it is the likes of you that keep on policing womens lives like monitoring spirit, stigmatising them on what doesn't put food on your table, how exactly is it your business what divorced women or any woman choose to do with her life and body?

How does a single or divorced women's value decrease considerably? What exactly is the value of being under a man? If older women are getting attention from younger men, common sense should tell you that's because she has an extremely attractive personality.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2022
culf:
If not for abusive marriage and probably a chronic cheat, divorce shouldn't be an option

Exactly, I also don't approve of divorce, but when push turns to shove, being alive should be the ultimate reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:

The bolded is exactly what blessing's question is all about, it is the likes of you that keep on policing womens lives like monitoring spirit, stigmatising them on what doesn't put food on your table, how exactly is it your business what divorced women or any woman choose to do with her life and body?

How does a single or divorced women's value decrease considerably? What exactly is the value of being under a man? If older women are getting attention from younger men, common sense should tell you that's because she has an extremely attractive personality.

In psychology, there is something they called "denial by repression". Meaning, denying obvious as if it's not happening. At my bolded,it's nothing but truth in reality.

They asked about reasons why women fear divorce than men and I told you biggest reasons, if you like accept if you like deceiving urself from reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

In psychology, there is something they called "denial by repression". Meaning, denying obvious as if it's not happening. At my bolded,it's nothing but truth in reality.

Psychology is not 100% reality, so your bolded is the figment of your imagination

Being divorced has never killed anybody, but being in a useless marriage has killed so many people, that is reality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

They asked about reasons why women fear divorce than men and I told you biggest reasons, if you like accept if you like deceiving urself from reality.

You didn't give reasons, answer my previous questions and stop deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Psychology is not 100% reality, so your bolded is the figment of your imagination

Being divorced has never killed anybody, but being in a useless marriage has killed so many people, that is reality.

One thing is certain, women scare divorce because perceived devalued outside marriages. Also, one thing is 100%, different kinds of guys and men ask divorce out farrrrrrr more than married women. They asked them out not for remarried on many occasions but just to use them to relieve tensions

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

One thing is certain, women scare divorce because perceived devalued outside marriages. Also, one thing is 100%, different kinds of guys and men ask divorce out farrrrrrr more than married women. They asked them out not for remarried on many occasions but just to use them to relieve tensions

You are an adult I don't expect this type of teenage thought process from you like those guys in romance section

And so what if different guys ask them out, is it a sin? What makes you think all divorced women want to remarry? How can a man still reason like this, when a man and woman have sex, they are pleasing and relieving themselves, they both enjoy it with women enjoying it the most, nobody is using anybody, they are both using each other to satisfy themselves, simple

You guys should stop with the judgy attitude, it is not a crime for people or women to live their lives the way they want, marriage isn't the gate way to heaven, neither does it guarantee wealth or a happy ending.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Mindlog: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

Have you pondered on the reasons, a Nigerian woman based with her Nigerian husband somewhere like in the UK, US etc will be more at ease divorcing from her Nigerian husband?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by culf: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Exactly, I also don't approve of divorce, but when push turns to shove, being alive should be the ultimate reality.

God bless you for that. That's me!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Mindlog: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

Uncle, in Psychology there is nothing like "denial by repression" as denial and repression are two distinct defense mechanisms.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Helpout12345: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Here we go again.

A single inexperienced wayward woman wants to be advising married, responsible and good women.
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mindlog:

Uncle, in Psychology there is nothing like "denial by repression" as denial and repression are two distinct defense mechanisms.

Google is ur friend....browse denial (psychology

He will explain for u
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Mindlog: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

Google is ur friend....browse denial (psychology

He will explain for u

I do not need to google because it is part of Freud's psychoanalytic theory taught in details to those who majored in Psychology, they are part of my educational background and my daily working life. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mindlog:

I do not need to google because it is part of Freud's psychoanalytic theory taught in details to those who majored in Psychology, they are part of my educational background and my daily working life. cheesy

Since u brilant than Freud that gave out the theory.....afterall naija always knowest than thou, yet society is going backward....but for me, I insist denial (in form repression)

That's (Something really happened to u but u behave as if not existence, if u re not mad u will know that its in existence)

Bye .
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Fiscus105(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mindlog:

Since u brilant than Freud that gave out the theory.....afterall naija always knowest than thou, yet society is going backward....but for me, I insist denial (in form repression)

That's (Something really happened to u but u behave as if not existence, if u re not mad u will know that its in existence)

One clear example, Nigeria is disunited but keep singing one Nigeria.

Bye .
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Mindlog: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Fiscus105:

One clear example, Nigeria is disunited but keep singing one Nigeria.

Bye .

Freud himself distinguished the difference between Denial and Repression! cheesy

When asked to list defense mechanisms, "Denial by Repression" , doesn't come up! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by voidUpdate(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:

1. The probability of her getting married again is lower, especially if she has children (I won't marry a divorcee, for sure)
2. Financial protection. If you loose your job as a married woman, your husband will most likely cover up for you in the area of finances.
3. True.
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jovialjune1:

Exactly
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Classickj(m): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mindlog:

Have you pondered on the reasons, a Nigerian woman based with her Nigerian husband somewhere like in the UK, US etc will be more at ease divorcing from her Nigerian husband?
this is because divorce in the US , UK favor women and don't favor them in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
The African society is not fair to women!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
Persephone1:
The African society is not fair to women!

Do you think the Western society is fair to men?
Re: Why Are Women Always Scared Of Divorce? - Blessing Okoro Ask by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
truthsayer009:

Do you think the Western society is fair to men?
The focus here is African women in African society discussed by Africans on an African forum.

Let the western world bury their dead.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Doing Too Much On My Mother-in-law / First Credit Alert In 2024 / A+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.