Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' (34151 Views)

Young Man Commits Suicide After Losing N1.5 Million In His Bet Account (photos) / Man Commits Suicide In Delta State, Says 'I Will Die Today, I Hate Family' / Woman Jumps Into Osun River Over Hunger Caused By Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by BreconHills(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Conner44:

How can you write gibberish and expect me to understand it?

Rest friend.

I can't make it any more simple than I have already done. If it's gibberish then point out the flaws in my statement. If you cant do that then I can't help you. I don't do insults or ck measuring contests and I don't do come backs that don't go to the issue. Go and find someone else to play with.

But if you want to point out the gibberish in what I have said then bring it on.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Conner44: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
blackpanda:

We are talking about Bayelsa State here, not Federal Government. Keep your biased trash shut!

And in my initial post I was commenting about suicides in the whole of Nigeria under APC’s government so keep your illiterate head inside Tinubu’s nyash tongue
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Marypete(f): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Jesus
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Conner44: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
BreconHills:

Rest friend.

I can't make it any more simple than I have already done. If it's gibberish then point out the flaws in my statement. If you cant do that then I can't help you. I don't do insults or ck measuring contests and I don't do come backs that don't go to the issue. Go and find someone else to play with.

But if you want to point out the gibberish in what I have said then bring it on.

You said I haven’t traveled out recently . . . Why bring up such a statement?

You said I don’t understand how the federal system of government works, why do you think so?

You said bayelsa isn’t controlled by APC, does that mean they are immune from the control of the APC’s federal government?

Oya I’m more open to debate now, let me see what stuff your medulla has in store for me wink
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by ljoh: 3:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
There is no food in the land, hungry is killing people in the oil rich Niger Delta
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by cooooooks(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Lasgidi90(m): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
reuben81:
Wish u hang on I little bit longer,
You say to hang on? Until when? Don't tell me until Nigeria better.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Anticrime77: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
akwesenana:
My fate soon.

Since morning I never eat.

No be say food no dey but the insults that accompany the food is not worth it.

Wahala for who im family get im bad belle.

E better may you no get parents make you no say e don red than you get the one wey dey pray for your failure.

Death to all evil parents.

Sorry about that boss.. U can start by learning some soft digital skills.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Germi9: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
If you believe this is suicide you’re a dunce

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Asour: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
marwanafrica:
And if e go steal food to chop den go still lynch am with jungle justice what a country!!

So sad.

While I don't know the young man's situation,
Your comment assumes that there are ONLY 2 options for the poor: THEFT & SUICIDE.

There aren't.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Wkaay(m): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
[quote author=Love113 post=117638549] and bad news[ any good news dey Nigeria again?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Ghosteddad: 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hmmm

We create your website and app for 30k only

Number: 070 three one zero six 8853

Online Banking Website
- working client registration and account opening
- email and phone number verification and alert system
- fully functional admin dashboard
- full control of account info and transaction history
- clone of any bank front page
Operates just like a normal bank

Crypto Investment Website
- beautiful responsive front page
- admin and user dashboard
- multi crypto deposit and withdrawal system
- email alert system
- live chat integration
- referral system
- Full admin control

Courier Website with Tracking system
- Beautiful Frontpage design
- live tracking system
- cargo status email alert system
-live chat integration
All courier company functions

All kinds of web ideas
- Grant websites
- Donation websites
- Recruitment Websites
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by akwesenana: 3:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
Anticrime77:

Sorry about that boss.. U can start by learning some soft digital skills.
I'm doing that already. smiley

Although this my kpako phone no dey help matters. grin

Thanks a lot sir.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by cigaricon(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Everyone is just blaming government, nobody is saying anything about the family rejection, abi una no read reach that side? undecided
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by beejay509(m): 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Lazy Afonjaw man

Flat head developers
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Asour: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
marwanafrica:
And if e go steal food to chop den go still lynch am with jungle justice what a country!!

So sad.

While I don't know the young man's situation,
Your comment assumes that there are ONLY 2 options for the poor: THEFT & SUICIDE.

There are more options even though they're hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by BreconHills(m): 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
Conner44:

You said I haven’t traveled out recently . . . Why bring up such a statement?

You said I don’t understand how the federal system of government works, why do you think so?

You said bayelsa isn’t controlled by APC, does that mean they are immune from the control of the APC’s federal government?

Oya I’m more open to debate now, let me see what stuff your medulla has in store for me wink

Right. That's better.

Nigerias inflation is largely imported - cost push. Food Importation alone amounts to about 14.61% or about $10 billion per annum. That's not a huge figure until you remember that the highest number Nigeria's reserves have recorded in recent times is about $36bn. If a country spends one third of its reserves on food imports - then you are going to get higher prices due to pressure on the local currency.

But that's not all folks...

The entire world ( and I am sorry I spoke about travelling out recently - who does that?) Is experiencing high inflation. The US, UK, Europe - everyone. This is a function.of higher energy prices and the break down in global supply chains brought about by China's zero covid policy. Its ugly out there right now.

Regarding the states - most people don't know it because most states unfortunately rely only on statutory allocation but a state does have the power to create an enabling environment for its people especially an oil producing state like bayelsa. Unfortunately most of this particular state's governors have been criminals who have frittered away the largesse they gained in the GEJ years when oil receipts were extraordinarily high. These states also accommodated the kidnapping and violence that chased away the oil companies that were at least greasing the economy to a small part. These same kidnap and bone breaking gangs have now cornered the illegal bunkering business which is why they aren't complaining as much as the poor oppressed citizen. Where is MEND today? Where are the Delta Avengers? Buying new houses in Dubai most likely.

So basically our consumption patterns and the global economy and of course governors that treat opportunity as a celebration are to blame.

Is the FGN doing the best job on the economy? No. But that's because everyone is so scared to remove the oil subsidy and partially float the Naira. If they did this, they would have more money to play with - they've kicked the can down the road to the next government.

Take it from me, if the next President does what he should do, they will be voted out disgracefully after one term.

Sorry again did not mean to sound condescending or insulting. Have a great day.

* Pardon all typos*

2 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
marwanafrica:
Someone was telling me on Saturday that did I know that for me to be on this planet earth that it a big luck . I asked him why ? He said out of over 20m eggs I fought my way through and came out . at first it looks consoling but on the other hand I thought of it and told him NA THAT LUCK DEY MAKE ME SUFFER NOW we both laugh it out loud but on a more serious note the shit ain't funny . why I'm I not lucky to escape this world ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by charlesdinho7(m): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
my family rejecting me will never make me consider suicide. instead, i will work on how to become a better person. rip to him
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by icold: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
charlesdinho7:
my family rejecting me will never make me consider suicide. instead, i will work on how to become a better person. rip to him
He was depressed and the people he thought could come through for him rejected him I guess that was the reason why he took a drastic step. We live in a world where people who are suppose to take a bullet for you are behind the trigger...

3 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by blueAgent(m): 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
naijainstinct:
Even if it was murder disguised as suicide, we may never know the truth.....

May Nigeria not happen to us.

When you hear of people who are well established in business, private practice, staff of grade A federal parastatals and blue chip companies resigning, closing their businesses and selling off their assets just to "japa", you are marveled because.....

Some of you think people migrate only for economic reasons, but the harsh reality is people are leaving just to maintain their sanity.

- If you or any member of your family have never been kidnapped or killed by bandits, terrorists, armed robbers or kidnappers...

- if you or any member of your family have never been a victim of police brutality, extortion or harassment.....

- if you or any of your family members have never experienced the Rico Swavey treatment at any health facility when your health was seriously threatened....

- if you or any member of your family have never been affected by incessant industrial actions in public tertiary institutions......

- if you or any member of your family have never been extorted, manipulated or compelled to offer bribe before getting government services like international passport, driver's license, voter's registration, national ID, etc......

- if you or any member of your family have never lost huge sums of money to scam, debit/credit card fraud, illegal deductions from your savings by your financial institutions, fake investment, etc and your petition to CBN, EFCC, ICPC and your bank fell on deaf ears....

- if you or any member of your family have not suffered depression, hunger, poverty, low self-esteem, humiliation, loss of livelihood and mental illness due to unemployment, harsh business environment, poor government policies, nepotism, job racketeering, self-aggrandisement by the ruling and political class, massive corruption at all levels of public service etc.....

......then you may never understand the prayer "may Nigeria never happen to you".

Nigeria is bad because of Nigerians if they like run to the moon or Heaven ,once those places become majority black or Nigerian populated, Nigeria or Africa would happen to those places.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by JooEeL(m): 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
If them tell am biafra, hin go say no o, I be One Nigeria.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Fúck minus 1 RIP kid.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Franzinni: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
The worst time after slave trade to be Nigerian ... But if you are making money online boooiiy this is the best time to be alive ever !
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by blueAgent(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
BreconHills:

Right. That's better.

Nigerias inflation is largely imported - cost push. Food Importation alone amounts to about 14.61% or about $10 billion per annum. That's not a huge figure until you remember that the highest number Nigeria's reserves have recorded in recent times is about $36bn. If a country spends one third of its reserves on food imports - then you are going to get higher prices due to pressure on the local currency.

The entire world ( and I am sorry I spoke about travelling out recently - who does that?) Is experiencing high inflation. The US, UK, Europe - everyone. This is a function.of higher energy prices and the break down in global supply chains brought about by China's zero covid policy. Its ugly out there right now.

Regarding the states - most people don't know it because most states unfortunately rely only on statutory allocation but a state does have the power to create an enabling environment for its people especially an oil producing state like bayelsa. Unfortunately most of this particular state's governors have been criminals who have frittered away the largesse they gained in the GEJ years when oil receipts were extraordinarily high. These states also accommodated the kidnapping and violence that chased away the oil companies that were at least greasing the economy to a small part. These same kidnap and bone breaking gangs have now cornered the illegal bunkering business which is why they aren't complaining as much as the poor oppressed citizen. Where is MEND today? Where are the Delta Avengers? Buying new houses in Dubai most likely.

So basically our consumption patterns and the global economy and of course governors that treat opportunity as a celebration are to blame.

Is the FGN doing the best job on the economy? No. But that's because everyone is so scared to remove the oil subsidy and partially float the Naira. If they did this, they would have more money to play with - they've kicked the can down the road to the next government.

Take it from me, if the next President does what he should do, they will be voted out disgracefully after one term.

* Pardon all typos*

You are just giving fishy excuse, Nigerian economy was on the decline since this administration took over even before the covid and war in Ukraine.

A useless administration that took 6months just to appoint a cabinet composed of thieves and fools.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by blueAgent(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
leody:

Someone was telling me on Saturday that did I know that for me to be on this planet earth that it a big luck . I asked him why ? He said out of over 20m eggs I fought my way through and came out . at first it looks consoling but on the other hand I thought of it and told him NA THAT LUCK DEY MAKE ME SUFFER NOW we both laugh it out loud but on a more serious note the shit ain't funny . why I'm I not lucky to escape this world ?

Lol....we all ask that same question everyday.

The world's greatest problem is greed and envy.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Conner44: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
BreconHills:

Right. That's better.

* Pardon all typos*

Look, I agree with everything you wrote above concerning the predicamen the world and especially Nigeria finds itself in concerning the economic situation and inflation rate bedeviling us.

But does that make my statement that the amount of suicidal news emanating from Nigeria jumped to an all time high ever since APC’s government took over aso rock wrong ?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by obyikye(f): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Accurate. I noticed too.
SunTzu123:
Am I the only one to notice; his feet are on the ground! He was murdered and strung up. Definitely not suicide; for you to die by hanging, there is a minimum "drop distance" determined by your height and weight. This is why hangmen would weigh and measure the height of condemned before preparing the gallows.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Longvoyage:
People are going through a lot.

Be nice with your choice of words
The fool above u doesn't know that ..
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Over 'Hunger And Rejection From His Family' by Ogunleti01: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Bad News brought to you courtesy of

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Boy With Windswept Legs Undergoes Surgery To Correct It / US Confirms Monkeypox Virus From Texas Resident Who Travelled From Nigeria / MouthAction Is ‘bigger Cause Of Throat Cancer Than Tobacco’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.