Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? (1043 Views)

Should Church Dance Like This Be Allowed In Churches / Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners / She Wants To Impose A Bastard On Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by Soundmind(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
Some churches now choose life partner for there member. There was a case where the pastor sampled 4 ladies to a young man, unfortunately, they are all older than the man. The man rejected the pastor's approach to his marriage. He choose a lady that is not even a member of there church and he was excommnicated from the church.
Now, is it right for the church or pastor to choose life partners for there members?
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
what church is this?
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2007
Not right at all!

Besides, I think church / god sucks.

But, that's just my opinion.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by Macgreat(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
Are u sure those ladies weren't virgins before they become a member,the pastor had his way with them and promise a hook up which he's tring to do.
Mehn ting dey happen for churches nowadays.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by estylove1(f): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2007
i dont suscribe to when a pastor chooses a wife or husband for a member infact it is very very very very wrong

yes if you are a member of a church u should let your pastor know who you want to marry but that doesnt mean that the pastor would chose for u even if the pastor has an opinion he is free to air his opinion but its d persons decision to take whom he or she would marry

a pastor can never chose for me becos no be me and d pastor go they live for d same house when i get married
shey na me choose wife for such a pastor
so no pastor go choose for me
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by dudubobo1: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
rubbish. this na cooked up rubbish story. where the pastors dem dey?
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by Soundmind(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2007
No is not a cooked up story. The church is in Enugu. I cannot remember the name very well. I think it is Shelter something something Ministry. I am not too sure of the name. But i realy happened.
There was a story where one guy was accusing his pastor of taking away his wife because the wife was given to him buy the pastor. In this case, the church is AGM in Aba.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2007
its not a church its a cult or a movement.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by estylove1(f): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2007
yes its the truth i hav seen where ladies or guys will walk up to their pastor to tell them that they want to marry someone and the pastor will discourage them instead the would chose someone else for them
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by kanmosyl(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2007
Why will a church impose ur partner on u,
that is very very wrong.
I for one will not allow that to happen to me, why will my pastor imposed on me
and i think the problem nowadays is that most people are now blindfolded by their church doctrines
which is affecting alot if us.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by ssRhino: 5:16am On Sep 03, 2007
why would a church wanna impose partner on people, even God wont, although, i would God to tell people who to marry, cos that will reduce the rate of divorce.
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by chika98: 5:24am On Sep 03, 2007
Maka y? Thats crap!
Re: Should Church Impose A Life Partners On Members? by adetoru(f): 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2010
please do not let anyone choose a spouse for you it will blow up in your face!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Second Chances? / Office Spouse: What Are The Rules Of Engagement? / Favorite Love Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.