Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,973 members, 7,835,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? (1845 Views)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? / Nigerian Lady Gets Car Gift After Her Boyfriend Proposed On Her Birthday (photos / Couple Got Kitchen Stool As Wedding Gift After Principal, Student Sex Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
I see a lot of people do this and it’s all shade of wrong. Why do you take back the gift your gave to someone you claimed to once love after the relationship or marriage fail?

I thought you did it out of love. Gifts are never meant to be taken back after giving away.

Don’t allow anyone pressure you into buying anything you don’t feel like buying in a relationship so you don’t feel the urge to get it back after your relationship fail.

Read this, because you gift your partner doesn’t mean they will stay with you.

Check this out for the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaEIzF5EwSk
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
To me a gift is a gift. If for instance I give my girlfriend a gift and due to any reason whatsoever our relationship doesn't work out again, there is no need taking it back from her. It happened to me personally a very long time ago, I bought a Nokia phone for my girl then which she didn't really appreciate and complained that she can't use the same phone with her elder sister. I saved up money again then took her myself to the market to make her choice. She chose a China phone and insisted on using both the Nokia I got her and the China phone. I deceitfully collected the Nokia phone back from her insert her sim card into the China phone I bought for her. In the end the relationship didn't work as she became too proud of herself and telling me and my friends that I cannot do anything in life without her. I ended tbe relationship and never took the China phone l bought for her despite our relationship been dead.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Ritzybeauty(f): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
Just a very wrong mentality because to be honest it still doesn't change anything
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
boxer022:
To me a gift is a gift. If for instance I give my girlfriend a gift and due to any reason whatsoever our relationship doesn't work out again, there is no need taking it back from her. It happened to me personally a very long time ago, I bought a Nokia phone for my girl then which she didn't really appreciate and complained that she can't use the same phone with her elder sister. I saved up money again then took her myself to the market to make her choice. She chose a China phone and insisted on using both the Nokia I got her and the China phone. I deceitfully collected the Nokia phone back from her insert her sim card into the China phone I bought for her. In the end the relationship didn't work as she became too proud of herself and telling me and my friends that I cannot do anything in life without her. I ended tbe relationship and never took the China phone l bought for her despite our relationship been dead.
you did so well. I see a lot of people taking back gifts and it is disturbing to watch.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Ritzybeauty:
Just a very wrong mentality because to be honest it still doesn't change anything
Yes, maybe they feel it heals the pain of heartbreak.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wittyglam:
you did so well. I see a lot of people taking back gifts and it is disturbing to watch.

To me anybody that takes back any gift given out of love to their partner doesn't truly love that person.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
boxer022:

To me anybody that takes back any gift given out of love to their partner doesn't truly love that person.
exactly, someone people buy gifts to keep the other person in the relationship.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Autobot05: 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
What about returning gifts (& money ) after breakup ?

Jesus is the ONLY WAY ❤️
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Nonexisting1: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Politicians retrieve transformers and buses after they fail elections, how much more an ordinary citizen like me. I will even try to retrieve my sperms if I ever fuccked her without condom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wittyglam:

That reason alone doesn't justify love or show that love exists between them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Autobot05:
What about returning gifts (& money ) after breakup ?

Jesus is the ONLY WAY ❤️
why would you want to take those back?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nonexisting1:
Politicians retrieve transformers and buses after they fail elections, how much more an ordinary citizen like me. I will even try to retrieve my sperms if I ever fuccked her without condom.
hmmmm
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
boxer022:

That reason alone doesn't justify love or show that love exists between them.
yea
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by PerfectStranger(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nonexisting1:
That face looks like someone we know grin
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Autobot05: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wittyglam:
why would you want to take those back?

I’m asking because I once did it (returned a monetary gift after breakup ).
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by dollytino4real(f): 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
As e dey pain dem!! E go dey sweet us is the full explanation to ur question
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Miltonz123: 12:01am On Oct 19, 2022
Nothing new
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 19, 2022
Expensive gifts should be collected Biko. You can't buy a girl a car and she goes on to break up with you the following week. As a friend i will follow you collect am ,rinse the space she parked it with water self. grin grin grin

Which levels?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Maynman: 1:15am On Oct 19, 2022
Wittyglam:
What do you mean “keep the other person in the relationship”?
Or you mean the other person is staying in the relationship because of the gifts they are receiving?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by cayorday89(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2022
It all depends on the circumstances, most people saying it's wrong will definitely do worst if they find themselves in such situations... To be honest I don't know the action I will take if the necessary factors are in my favour.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Maynman:

What do you mean “keep the other person in the relationship”?
Or you mean the other person is staying in the relationship because of the gifts they are receiving?
it’s same thing. Some men spend a lot in a relationship to home the girl and the girls stay cause of what she is gaining. Do you understand?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
Autobot05:

I’m asking because I once did it (returned a monetary gift after breakup ).
when people collect back what they gave in a relationship it’s all shade of wrong except you collected those gifts on false pretenses.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
boxer022:

thank you, some said it’s so kind of closure.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Persephone1:
Expensive gifts should be collected Biko. You can't buy a girl a car and she goes on to break up with you the following week. As a friend i will follow you collect am ,rinse the space she parked it with water self. grin grin grin

Which levels?
this is funny but wrong. Did you buy the gift to keep her Umoru him in the relationship?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
cayorday89:
It all depends on the circumstances, most people saying it's wrong will definitely do worst if they find themselves in such situations... To be honest I don't know the action I will take if the necessary factors are in my favour.
hmmm, we train ourselves to learn to do the right thing.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Streetmovement(m): 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I Don't think this topic concerns me

For the relationship people (buyers/takers of all kinds of gifts) Let me just be reading comments...
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Maynman: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wittyglam:
it’s same thing. Some men spend a lot in a relationship to home the girl and the girls stay cause of what she is gaining. Do you understand?

Men spend(“take care” is a more logical word) in the relationship because they love the girl, if they don’t love her, why do ANYTHING to keep her?
If you love someone you “take care”(spending money is just part of it) of them to your ability, that’s common sense.

It’s women that can stay in the relationship because of the money they’re getting and not love the man, and this is by far VERY COMMON in our Society.

Before you start talking on men’s matter you should consult MEN, and not say it from a female perspective.
Do you understand?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by cayorday89(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wittyglam:
hmmm, we train ourselves to learn to do the right thing.
Right things are relative depending on the individuals involved especially in cases like this.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wittyglam:
thank you, some said it’s so kind of closure.

It is not a kind of closure. Take for instance, a guy gifts his girl wig to make her hair look beautiful and later on the relationship didn't work. If he collects the wig from her what is he going to do with it? Also you a guy out of love buys his girl undies and bras, then later the love dies a natural death, will he naked her just to collect them back? Even if he collects them later what is he going to do with them? So looking at it critically a gift given out of love is a gift simple. No more no less.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Autobot05: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wittyglam:
when people collect back what they gave in a relationship it’s all shade of wrong except you collected those gifts on false pretenses.

You didn’t get my question
Is it wrong to give back a gift after a breakup ?
Like willingly give back not forcefully
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
Autobot05:

You didn’t get my question
Is it wrong to give back a gift after a breakup ?
Like willingly give back not forcefully
No
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Wittyglam(f): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2022
boxer022:

It is not a kind of closure. Take for instance, a guy gifts his girl wig to make her hair look beautiful and later on the relationship didn't work. If he collects the wig from her what is he going to do with it? Also you a guy out of love buys his girl undies and bras, then later the love dies a natural death, will he naked her just to collect them back? Even if he collects them later what is he going to do with them? So looking at it critically a gift given out of love is a gift simple. No more no less.
well spoken.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Curvy Lady In This Viral Video Dancing Seductively Has Been Revealed (video) / " Are all Females "lesbians"? / What Age Should Girls Start Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.