Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,469 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? (1901 Views)

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? / Nigerian Lady Gets Car Gift After Her Boyfriend Proposed On Her Birthday (photos / Couple Got Kitchen Stool As Wedding Gift After Principal, Student Sex Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Autobot05: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
Wittyglam:
No

Ok cool
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Wittyglam:
well spoken.

Thanks, the reason why I spoke that way is because I have done such before. I bought her beautiful bras and panties in packs like 3 times throughout our relationship. We agreed that since I wasn't sure of making her my wife we should go our separate ways. I didn't collect pin from her. So a gift is a gift simple and short, whether it works or not, it doesn't change the fact that it is a gift.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Tradepunter2: 10:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
Not everyone does that.... But if the hoe cheats then it's when most guys take back their gifts....

But normal normal with normal break up.... Nahh
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Tradepunter2: 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
boxer022:

It is not a kind of closure. Take for instance, a guy gifts his girl wig to make her hair look beautiful and later on the relationship didn't work. If he collects the wig from her what is he going to do with it? Also you a guy out of love buys his girl undies and bras, then later the love dies a natural death, will he naked her just to collect them back? Even if he collects them later what is he going to do with them? So looking at it critically a gift given out of love is a gift simple. No more no less.

Why the heck will you collect back undies and hair?

Diamond necklace or wrist watches gold etc, stuff permitted to take back.... Cars and even house,. permitted to take back

Designer bags

But the rest she can keep
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tradepunter2:

Why the heck will you collect back undies and hair?

Diamond necklace or wrist watches gold etc, stuff permitted to take back.... Cars and even house,. permitted to take back

Designer bags

But the rest she can keep

All this thi gs you mentioned are all good to give as gifts to the person you love, but have it at the back of your mind that a gift is a gift and not a loan to be repayed later. You gave the gift out of love and voluntarily, you were not forced to give it. It is not an investment that yields returns and withdrawals but giving because you feel that you have more than enough to spare.
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Tradepunter2: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
boxer022:

All this thi gs you mentioned are all good to give as gifts to the person you love, but have it at the back of your mind that a gift is a gift and not a loan to be repayed later. You gave the gift out of love and voluntarily, you were not forced to give it. It is not an investment that yields returns and withdrawals but giving because you feel that you have more than enough to spare.

I mentioned exclusively that's only if caught cheating....

Normal break up she can keep them... As for house she can live out the entire rent but will pay by herself hence forth
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tradepunter2:

I mentioned exclusively that's only if caught cheating....

Normal break up she can keep them... As for house she can live out the entire rent but will pay by herself hence forth

That is fair enough if it is a rented apartment, but what if it is a house built from the scratch for her, then what happens?
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Tradepunter2: 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
boxer022:

That is fair enough if it is a rented apartment, but what if it is a house built from the scratch for her, then what happens?

Na principle won't let me do that for a girlfriend.... Na only wife level things I can do that..

Just application of wisdom
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by Sarko: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJy9UzsOgw
Wittyglam:
I see a lot of people do this and it’s all shade of wrong. Why do you take back the gift your gave to someone you claimed to once love after the relationship or marriage fail?

I thought you did it out of love. Gifts are never meant to be taken back after giving away.

Don’t allow anyone pressure you into buying anything you don’t feel like buying in a relationship so you don’t feel the urge to get it back after your relationship fail.

Read this, because you gift your partner doesn’t mean they will stay with you.

Check this out for the full video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaEIzF5EwSk
Re: Why Do You Take Back Your Gift After A Failed Relationship? by boxer022(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Tradepunter2:

Na principle won't let me do that for a girlfriend.... Na only wife level things I can do that..

Just application of wisdom

Good to know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Highly Educated Igbo Women Marry Down Unlike Other Nigerian Women / Apologize To A Part Of Your Body You've Overused. / Funny Quotes I Saw At A Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.