Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,306 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) (4124 Views)

Isaiah 45:7 And Atheists / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Greatpeter(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2005
In the book of Isaiah chapter 4vs1, the bible says "And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach."

My people, we've talked about woman wooing man but the bible has already prophesied it but in a more deeper manner. It will surely happen and we in the end time already.

How will you handle this if you were to witness this drama. Do you imagine seven ladies scrambling for you?
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Lillu(f): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2005
Well you must be proud of your self if that will happen! The question is can you take 7 girls around you? Aaaahhhh ... I don't think you could get up in the morning and walk straight.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by IAH(f): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2005
This is the endtime but the opposite is what is actually happening i.e. 7 or more men to a woman.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Hndholder(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2005
ISAIAH CHAPTER 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ¶ And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
2 ¶ In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
The time is not yet here because, we have not move to the required point.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Greatpeter(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2005
HND so when is the time? Are we not in the last days now?
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by stevo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2005
wait a minute did i understand what is all about ...i only pray that my father can permit me the financial burden and i will say good bye to STI of all kind.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by angelak(f): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2005
Greatpeter, i guess that's the only part of the bible that caught your attention. Men! rolleyes
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by otokx(m): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2005
i am yet to see 1 then you talk of 7, good girls have become scarce especially when you don't have plenty money.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by layi(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2005
Seven ladies scrambling for me? How will i handle it? Was there to handle? . Just 2 sef na burden emotionally..why the suicide? I simply would take 2 my heels.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by 4getme1(m): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2006
Em...er... Abeg, ladies who visit this page - I need 4 more women to complete that prophecy in my life; presently, I have 2 and I've been eyeing a 3rd one (she lives just across!).

I've nothing to thrill you with and I'm in big debt. Phew!! So, If you no like my request...just 4get_me! grin grin cool
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by 4getme1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2006
Er... I meant that as a joke - and I won't go any further in being playful with sacred matters. I came to apologise because my wife saw my post and... Phew! You know the rest of the story. Thank God she didn't move a motion to 4get_me! grin
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by IBBFan(m): 3:33am On Jun 30, 2006
me i don't even have 1 steady. but if you look at it again, the only difference with what the Bible said and what is happening today is that we, the men of this generation remixed the prophecy. we have now become playaz and keep more than the required 7, but we do them 1 by 1 in hidden places, tell lies and deceive the poor innocent wise fools.

for 7 (and more) to come at a stretch, your 2005 6 series must be shining and sitting on some 20+ inches shoes, just in the compound where your mansion is situated in a part of the city (or village sef). don't bother, the ladies will only go and meet their respective native doctors for you to just consider her as part of the concubine collection.

@4get me

if u no like ur wife again, jus settle the matter for court so she can be free and then "awon boiz" can get d shance to, sha mo?! wink wink wink wink
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by 4getme1(m): 6:38am On Jun 30, 2006
IBB, you be correct man! Problem is, my wife is the best thing (outside of salvation) that ever happened to me! grin No woman - by prophecy, revelation, babalawo, or astrology - comes close to the jewel God gave me. Kai, she's more that 77 x 7 women to me!! grin grin
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by TayoD(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2006
4get_me,

IBB, you be correct man! Problem is, my wife is the best thing (outside of salvation) that ever happened to me! No woman - by prophecy, revelation, babalawo, or astrology - comes close to the jewel God gave me. Kai, she's more that 77 x 7 women to me!!
I hope you didn't say this because of the possibility that your wife might come across your post again o. wink cheesy
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by TayoD(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2006
On a more serious note, my understanding of this scriptures goes like this:  A lot of people today will like to be called Christians, but are not ready to submit to the Lordship and the requirements of being a Christian.  Like those women, we want to be identified with Christ and be called by His name, but we are not willing to make Him Lord of all.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by IBBFan(m): 8:56am On Jul 01, 2006
@4get me

u know what, i have forgotten about your wife since she will remain a madam in your house. i do not go after married women because of the spiritual implications. but if i am not yet married by the time you guys decide to part ways, be sure to get in touch with me. wink wink
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by 4getme1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2006
Lol, TayoD. You're very observant - she did see it, and that several times (she wouldn't be persuaded as yet to join Nairaland, though). She's relieved, but believe me - she's keeping an eye on me (just in case some. . .), and I'm thankful she holds me so close.

@IBB,

You still correct - but you go wait tire! Because me and my darling don't intend to part ways lai-lai till Jesus comes! Don't wait until the gray hairs begin to appear before you make your moves on the babes available where you are at. wink

@TayoD,

On a more serious note, I enjoyed your input about the understanding of that verse. I'll take a closer look and see what I could post later.

Cheers guys.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Moukee(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2006
Me I be Fela, I be black power man!
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by rowlandwhy: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2007
Poor sex freak guys are very happy for this post !
NA WA!
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by doyenn(m): 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
Could someone pls tell us why there are so many versions of the holy bible.We are made to know that Jesus brought only 1 out of all this is available today.Which one of them does He brought.

lation increases is 5 times more to that of us,guys. so it's adviceable to have them inside to keep away from sins than to lobby outside and remain in sin
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by pilgrim1(f): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2007
doyenn:

Could someone please tell us why there are so many versions of the holy bible.

I don't think there's anything wrong with "versions" of the Bible as long as those being used are at their best to convey what the texts say in the original languages. Of course, there some spurious "translations" and "versions" - and we can be grateful for the available Bible study tools and helps that easily make issues clearer.

doyenn:

We are made to know that Jesus brought only 1 out of all this is available today.Which one of them does He brought.

Hmm. . . that's a new one on me. Perhaps you could help us know which 1 out of all those available that Jesus used?
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by almoner(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2010
With Seven women, I'm already in hell. But I don't think that is what the Bible mean. The Bible Scholars should be in a better position to explain to us.
Re: Seven Women to a Man? (Isaiah 4:1) by Image123(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2010
It's referring to a time in the future, a time of tribulation. Women are naturally jealous to share their man, but the deaths will be so much, and men so scarce, that 7women would gladly agree to a man. It's a judgement period that should be read in context with the 'shy away' Isaiah 3 chapter.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Not Know The Bible Clearly States That A Non-virgin Is A Married One? / The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Meet The One True Contender To His Noodlisness, And They're African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.