Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty (25602 Views)

Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Peter Obi: I Used 22-car Convoy As Governor Until I Found Out 13 Were Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nationsdaddy: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
Don't start saying what will make people hate you oo
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Themandator: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
tsdarkside:

only nigeria or worldwide....

Means you don't have data to watch ...439.milliin from China , India 269 million people
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Jayden001(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
[quote author=Nemesis0147 post=117696233]I’m obident but I think is high time this man stop dishing out figures...he should talk less please.[/[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]quote]
This is the work of an enemy. The video was cropped to suit their selfish desire. Obi was talking about China being able to pull 439 million people out of poverty after implementing mDGs. Even u listen very well here u will know obi said "... And was able to lift 439 million people out of poverty"
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
Anyway, kudos to the Obidients serving receipts here and shutting up the urchins' mouths. grin

Talk about making lemonades from lemons. Seeing this, alternatively, is an opportunity to market and sell Obi's credibility the more. I mean, man has me posting links from UNICEF, Springer and World Bank websites, lmaooo.

So lie and "propagand" away, children of per*******. We'll keep bursting your efforts, and anyone who sees these and refuses to align, OYO.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by thomasjoe(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
cheesy

At this point, this man need help

Do all you can to discredit him... Doctor fake videos, use his voice prompt do whatever... Gods will shall prevail

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
reddingtonblack:

Only china and india have over 400million population in the world, oya tell us what we don't know.

Whichever way Somebody lied undecided
Your education is a waste, China did it using the millennium development goal (MDG) that is what he said. Make your own research and stop lazing about, I don't think you have data to watch the video to detect where it was doctored. It is people like you he is trying to save because it is only poverty will make an adult to comment on a video clip without first watching it.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Akindefunminiyi(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
Plus the dead Nigerians nau grin
Afamed:

Do not be silly, what is the population of Nigeria that he took 439m Nigerians out of poverty?
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
Make them first ask him d population of Nigeria

The best way to embarrass peter obi is to give him microphone

At this rate peter obi is going with lies,if his lies are channeled to electricity generation Nigeria will have light 248

I have always said this. Some men get high on 'Arizona' or Mkpurummiri. Some go misyarn after Jameson or Hennessy.

All Obi needs is a microphone held to his face for sense and honesty to depart his brain. The lies will continue to flow like flood water in Anambra .

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Chuksaluta(m): 3:44pm On Oct 19, 2022
For a fake news to make it to nairaland front page is sad. He clearly was speaking about China pulling people out of poverty using the MDG

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
successmatters:

Ghana, cote d ivoire South Africa, Cameron, Benin.

Tinubu is still doing local grin

What is the world's population?

Approx. 8 billion.

How many people are below the poverty line?

In Nigeria alone, we have over 90 million poor people. Now, add that up to poor people in other countries.

If Obi alone took over 400 million people out of poverty, how many did larger employers of labour like Gate take?

Make una try dey reason.

You people are about to be scammed, and it doesn't even bother you.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Jayden001(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
madridguy:
Make I just dey laugh for here grin grin grin

Obi-liar himself.
He Was talking about China "... And was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty"
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by reddingtonblack: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
ysth:
What the completw video and hear when he mentioned China and India was able to pull 439 million people out of poverty. Dont be mischievous. Everybody here should watch the full video. I wonder how people can be so daft to not understand a full story before commenting. Just like reading individuals verses of the bible without reading the full chapter to understand.

You so called obedient are just disappointment to celebral discussion, even if Peter obi was referring to china, no individual in china pulled 439million people out of poverty.

The last pull out as at 2021 sef naa 90+ million and hope you know china has over 1billion population.

If it took china 40yrs to pull 800million out of poverty how feasible is it for one man to pull 439million out of poverty.

Una go wan defend but most of you are very lazy to educate yourselves. however Peter Obi lied

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by obyno82: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
with your multiplier effect how come d whole spit east is poorer than ondo?

Emeka multiplier no dey work again?

Are you this daft or stupid? The statistics said the level of poverty in Anambra is low, os how is east poorer than Ondo. The same Anambra that had a higher IGR than Ondo. Bros quit this childish game, you are doing a poor job of maligning Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Healthquest: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
Period007:

He was definitely talking about china pulling 439m people out of poverty.

You are not a true Obidient if you allow nairaland propagandist to twist your mind.

Watch this video and decide for yourself, nobody will ever beg or pay you to support Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMangkVCVYg
I reason wit my head, obi lies are just too numerous n yes, I watched the entire arewa outing, the 439mil was a lie coupled with the ESN lies. I can just go bk to drawing board. He's just behaving like pdp n I'm not suprised anymore.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by MarketDispatch: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
I thought Seun used to verify info before it goes to Nairaland's front page....

The real video is there he said China pulled 439m people out of poverty...

Seun, please give your Mod that is posting fake news on your home page the Lalasticlala treatment. ; angry
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by pacesetting: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
I ask again, did you watch the video or you don't have data. In case you do, I've added the video here again for you.

ejimatic:
. What is the population of Nigeria! Where and how did he move 493milons out of poverty? Well no problem ,we are all entitled to our expressions. Let the build up continue!
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Greatchidozie(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2022
This is a lie. Go and watch the whole video on YouTube, he was talking about how China implemented a strategy and pull 439 Million out of poverty.

Link to videos on YouTube is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieliIEpIjQ

Skip to 18th minute of the video.

Agbado and mikano boys don fail again.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by Jayden001(m): 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
Nemesis0147:
I’m obident but I think is high time this man stop dishing out figures...he should talk less please.

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2022
KGD10:
Tbh I didn't even hear what he mentioned tbh. I was only talking from your premises.

All I heard was "I won number 1" with mgd bla bla bla with China and was able to pull 439mil out of poverty. Was he saying China implemented his idea to pull 439 mill of their people out of poverty or used his idea to help to pull 439mil Nigerians out of poverty. I can't understand TBH. Anyway, everything na lamba!

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2015-10/16/content_36826711.htm

It is not lamba. China actually pulled 439 million people out of poverty.

You're probably using a smartphone, and all it takes to confirm it is just a few clicks away.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by DenreleDave(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
!d!00t, if it was tinubu, u will be begging the mod to move to front page

una go cry tire

grin grin grin
Tellwhat:
Seun something needs to be done about the mod that moved this to front-page

It was obvious that he didn't say "I WAS"
Agenda must agenda
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
obyno82:

You guys don't have sense. When one person is moved out of poverty and start creating Jobs the multiplier effect is what he is saying. You people just want to look for ways to twist Peter Obi's words against him walahi you need to be flogged with horsewhip because this thing you are doing even JSS1 pupils cannot do it

So, he traced the multiplier effect?

Una no just get sense as well.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by TAP23: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
herkeem:

But is it up to 439 million

Lol... The tape was doctored, he was actually refering to how China and India pulled people out of poverty with MDGs programs, not him pulling people out of poverty. I don't understand how this thread made front page in the first place, this is fake news and it's bad Nairaland are not doing enough to curtail it during this critical time.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by mamawa123: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
I was able to move 439 million people out of poverty” - Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEDTiuOmTQ

Video link:

https://twitter.com/DivinelyAided/status/1582708693858410496

Perhaps Peter is referring to all African countries, as Nigeria's population is not up to 439 million.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:
This one funny me shaa grin grin

On Peter Obi's mandate i still stand Gidigbam!

No leave, no transfer.
Bro the video was doctored, he said China, that was in Kaduna I watch the full video also posted it here on the fp.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
Healthquest:
I reason wit my head, obi lies are just too numerous n yes, I watched the entire arewa outing, the 439mil was a lie coupled with the ESN lies. I can just go bk to drawing board. He's just behaving like pdp n I'm not suprised anymore.

Something that UNICEF and the World Bank both endorsed is a lie?

Just admit y'all goofed on this one. grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by DenreleDave(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
as e dey pain u, e dey sweet me
excanny:
Idiot OP. He was talking about what India did in the past.

India pulled, not Obi.

Why are you people like this?

You cut the video to mislead others. Let's see the beginning of the statement.

A broadcast I watched from begininng to end.

And a mod pushed this to FP? This is a height of irresponsibility.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by infohenry(m): 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
mamawa123:

Perhaps Peter is referring to all African countries, as Nigeria's population is not up to 439 million.
China please watch the video before commenting, the people doing this know you will watch before commenting.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by SolutionsMed: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
wwwihy:
cheesy

At this point, this man need help

Are you that deluded? Peter Obi said, "It was through MDGs that China was able to pull 439m people out of poverty. India was able to pull 200m people out of poverty." Your wicked lies and evil propaganda will not work against Peter Obi.
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by KGD10: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
begoniaa:

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2015-10/16/content_36826711.htm

It is not lamba. China actually pulled 439 million people out of poverty.

You're probably using a smartphone, and all it takes to confirm it is just a few clicks away.

And was it Peter Obi who did it for them? Why was he saying "I won number 1"?

Funny man
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by begoniaa: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
DenreleDave:
!d!00t, if it was tinubu, u will be begging the mod to move to front page

una go cry tire

grin grin grin

At least you admitted, albeit indirectly, to your lying tactics and propaganda tools.

I love me an honest urchin. grin
Re: Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty by successmatters(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

What is the world's population?

Approx. 8 billion.

How many people are below the poverty line?

In Nigeria alone, we have over 90 million poor people. Now, add that up to poor people in other countries.

If Obi alone took over 400 million people out of poverty, how many did larger employers of labour like Gate take?

Make una try dey reason.

You people are about to be scammed, and it doesn't even bother you.

On top of fake news na him you dey Jones?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Governor Ganduje Meets Igbo Leaders In Kano, Assures Them Of Peace & Safety / Mosque Demolition: Wike Is A Pathological Liar - MURIC / You Didn’t Submit Your UNN Certificate To INEC - Reno Omokri To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.