Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Which Certifications Should I Get? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Certifications Should I Get? (463 Views)

Top 5 Highest-paying IT Certifications For 2023: Boost Your Career And Earn More / What Would Be The Best Programming Certifications For Web Developers In 2021? / Register For 21 Free Online Courses And Certifications! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Certifications Should I Get? by chukwuebuka65(m): 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
I will like to get some certifications to add weight to my CV. Which certifications are valued the most in the industry for web development roles?
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by KrazyDave16(m): 5:11am On Oct 20, 2022
A degree.

Bootcamps (think the ones offering 6months+) and a good portfolio, with some unique projects should get you an interview for intern/junior roles for self-taught these days.
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2022
KrazyDave16:
A degree.

Bootcamps (think the ones offering 6months+) and a good portfolio, with some unique projects should get you an interview for intern/junior roles for self-taught these days.

Alright !
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by Qinglong(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2022
I've seen freshly self-taught devs with Udemy certificates landing remote jobs on Twitter. Funny thing is that one of them claimed to have no experience on his CV and also wrote that he learned from Udemy. Also had generic projects that we're advised not to have on our portfolio (quote generators, tic tac toe, etc).

So I guess their certificates are valued enough. Although the guy had knowledge of DSA sha.

1 Like

Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by chukwuebuka65(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
Qinglong:
I've seen freshly self-taught devs with Udemy certificates landing remote jobs on Twitter. Funny thing is that one of them claimed to have no experience on his CV and also wrote that he learned from Udemy. Also had generic projects that we're advised not to have on our portfolio (quote generators, tic tac toe, etc).

So I guess their certificates are valued enough. Although the guy had knowledge of DSA sha.

Some jobs require you have a degree. I think for those jobs , with these certificates, someone will have a higher chance of getting those jobs if they don’t have the degree.
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by Qinglong(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Some jobs require you have a degree. I think for those jobs , with these certificates, someone will have a higher chance of getting those jobs if they don’t have the degree.
Yeah, I think that would be better although I am not sure the requirement is that stringent.
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
You need MIT certification grin
Re: Which Certifications Should I Get? by qtguru(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
I will like to get some certifications to add weight to my CV. Which certifications are valued the most in the industry for web development roles?

Hmmm none

(1) (Reply)

State Of Javascript 2022 / Any Laravel Developer Using Jetstream/livewire? / Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.