Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) (29332 Views)

Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise / Patients Starve As Food Stocks Dry Up At Zimbabwe Government Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Theunbothered: 10:46am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:
Good move. Nigeria must do this next.
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.

You want to force health workers into slavery, nobody says anything about other courses only health workers because they are in demand worldwide.

You are a wicked and heartless soul, nobody is going to work for less than they are worth, if you have a problem enroll in medical school and treat patients yourself.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by obedience4(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2022
timesuploaded:
lie lie. Who dash them 57 million. You don remove tax? Many of them self na LPN earning less than 50k. So many Nigerians wey be RN self no dey see 65k. Hide your face. You are my boy. Send me your account, I won do you ticket money this December

Dude I know nurses that earn 5k monthly,
Some even earn 8k monthly..
8k dollars is 3.5 million a month,
Per annum will be 42 million.
Tell me which hospitals pay nurses in Nigeria 42 million per year.
Be deceiving yourself, if aboard is not good why are nurses and doctor's relocating in droves..

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Theunbothered: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2022
Akunatakasi:
Mhen this developed nations are stealing everything from Africa ... From natural resources to artifacts .. now medical personnels.. very soon them go begin collect our agriculture experts

Nobody is stealing, foolish African leaders can't take care of their own people, always blaming foreigners for their corruption.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Powersurge: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2022
dyera:
Foolish nurses, want to Japa to go and work as slaves in the white man land.

I Spit on Africans that are running away from their country, instead of staying to develop it.

If the ancestors of the white man ran away from their land, would their country be as developed as it is today.

Instead of running away because things are difficult in your country, stay and fight for the betterment of your country.

You have a one-sided view of the situation.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2022
Can you estimate how many years? Is it just decades or centuries?
kalu081:

Hmm for years and have taken over gradually
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2022
kalu081:

Hmm for years and have taken over gradually

How did Fulani's from Niger take over nigeria?

How many years? Pls be specific
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by timesuploaded: 10:50am On Oct 20, 2022
obedience4:

Dude I know nurses that earn 5k monthly,
Some even earn 8k monthly..
8k dollars is 3.5 million a month,
Per annum will be 42 million.
Tell me which hospitals pay nurses in Nigeria 42 million per year.
Be deceiving yourself, if aboard is not good why are nurses and doctor's relocating in droves..
I am beginning o feel you don't live abroad. If you dey stay yankee shame no go let you write the nonsense you just write up there so. Converting currencies. You be real big mumu. I will leave it at that, my lecturing is not free
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by kalu081(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Can you estimate how many years? Is it just decades or centuries?
They have been with us for decades and my dear we are really regretting it
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Blitzerz: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:
Good move. Nigeria must do this next.
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.
How many medical students or student nurses have you paid their fees?
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2022
kalu081:

Decades...how many decades. You were asked to provide estimate. What is "decades"? Pls provide exact figures.

Who are the "we" that are regretting it?
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2022
So what you're saying is that there were no Fulanis in Nigeria 90 years ago?
kalu081:

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Theunbothered:

You want to force health workers into slavery, nobody says anything about other courses only health workers because they are in demand worldwide.

You are a wicked and heartless soul, nobody is going to work for less than they are worth, if you have a problem enroll in medical school and treat patients yourself.

When you're in a medical emergency and you are being attended to by cleaners instead of nurses. Your eye go clear. It is your father that is wicked and heartless.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by kalu081(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
So what you're saying is that there were no Fulanis in Nigeria 90 years ago?

90year ago there was no Nigeria, infact the term "Nigeria" has no meaning in our tribal languages, it was a name coined by colonial masters to merge people of diverse culture and religion
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2022
Backpedal:

Be there talking rubbish

You really think the UK will not subvert this move made by the Zimbabweans?

Tell the government to do the right thing

Not blaming the medical staff that seeks a better life

Soon the nurses to treat you will be based in UK, while cleaners will be your professional help
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2022
lomprico:

You are not my parent fool!

They must have used it on you. So much verbal abuse that you had to suffer as a child.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2022
kalu081:

90year ago there was no Nigeria, infact the term "Nigeria" has no meaning in our tribal languages, it was a name coined by colonial masters to merge people of diverse culture and religion

You weren't asked how the name "Nigeria" was formed or whether it means anything in our tribal lexicon. And it is a very big lie that 90years, there was no nigeria

Samantha123
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Blitzerz: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2022
bayplus:

So your entire extended family are living abroad? You do not have any relatives living in Nigeria?

The issue is catch 22.

Head or Tail, there are consequences.

I cannot blame those going abroad for better pay.

In the same way, I don't expect the zimbabwe govt to fold their arms too watching the valuable assets largely trained and subsidized with public funds just moving in droves to UK.

My proposal is that, those medical personnel trained locally must work for 5 to 7years before they can relocate.

What of.bankers and lawyers that went to same University?

They must also work too?

Make una dey ment
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2022
But you're not answering my question grin grin grin, were there already Fulanis in your country 90 years ago? Yes or No.
kalu081:

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by kalu081(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
But you're not answering my question grin grin grin, were there already Fulanis in your country 90 years ago? Yes or No.

No, we had just hausas
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2022
proclinician:

I pity your parents because they couldn't really give u basic brains to understand reality. Their loss.

Imagine where you're a doctor. I am sure no child of your parents is one because the genetic predisposition of the cognitive skills you just displayed shows that all your siblings think the same, are poor upstairs and all of them are dull.

Slowppokes

A Nigerian senator is paid 1.3m as allowance to buy and read newspaper.

A house officer is paid 1.8m a year with hazard allowance of 5k a month to work long 24 hour shifts severally but this bastard I am responding believe it is the doctor that is the problem.

Stupid animal.

What the heck is this cricket brained numbskull trying to say? Who asked for earnings of a house officer, or na the work your mama dey do wey dem take knack am belle? Oga get lost.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

This is rubbish mate!

Then focus on increasing their wages, paying them as at when due and likewise improve their working conditions too!

The doctors can open up private practice. You cannot expect the health system to be better with no doctors.

But government really needs to do more. The brain drain will not favour us.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by CheapHomes1: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2022
kalu081:

No, we had just hausas

So when exactly did Fulani's now come to Nigeria?

Samantha123
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2022
But you guys did help put them in power, are you telling me that it was only the Fulanis who voted for the president to be in power out of all the many Nigerian ethnic groups
kalu081:

No, we had just hausas
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Tell your government to pay them well. They won’t run, when a kitchen porter here earn 12 pounds per hour. You speak nonsense, they all want good life, basic things of life.

If Nigeria was working like uk, who would want to travel,

Government pay for their citizens schooling and accommodation if they can’t afford it.

Children go to school free from 4 years old .

You Dey yarn nonsense. You never travel, na why

I have been to 6 countries.
1 in Asia, 3 in Europe, 2 in Africa.
Keep blaming government, when medical emergency comes near to you, your eye go clear or you go blame Buhari.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Masterito:
Thunder hammer you. You don't pay them well yet won't let them live.

Thunder hammer you too. And when your hammer happen, na cleaners go attend to you as the nurses wey you want to japa, don japa
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:07am On Oct 20, 2022
happney65:

This has always been my argument. You ain't leaving here if you had almost free medical education. You sit your fuccking ass here for at least ten years before you leave.

QED!

God bless you. These same people would have been doing manual labor if born abroad as they cannot afford the medical education abroad.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by kalu081(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
But you guys did help put them in power, are you telling me that it was only the Fulanis who voted for the president to be in power out of all the many Nigerian ethnic groups

U don't understand the Nigerian system, it's a system that will give u migraine.

U need to be here to really understand
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Yankee101: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2022
They should find a way go pay them better
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:11am On Oct 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
why does buhari go to foreign nurses for medicals instead of local he trained?

My focus is not Buhari. It is rather millions of those in Nigeria that will suffer the poor healthcare
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Neddstark: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2022
OrdinaryNigeria:

Improve their pay
Improve security.
Improve economy

And u will see, white medical personnel coming to nija as they use to do b4

True that. But with the way Nigeria don spoil, this won't happen overnight
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Theunbothered: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

When you're in a medical emergency and you are being attended to by cleaners instead of nurses. Your eye go clear. It is your father that is wicked and heartless.

Go to medical school and start treating patients yourself ode, you think nurses are not human beings?

Nonsense entitlement to other people's labour.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 20, 2022
No, I don't need to be there in order to understand, already I get it.

You guys accepted the Fulanis as one of your own, voted them into power, but now that your leader is failing to deliver, you see him as a foreign national, something that you guys didn't see when you voted him into power.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think he was also in the Nigerian military, which means he also helped fight for your country.

I have 2 Nigerian friends, one Igbo and one Yoruba, and they both admitted to voting for your current president back in 2015.
kalu081:

U don't understand the Nigerian system, it's a system that will give u migraine.

U need to be here to really understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Dangerous Pregnancy Complications That Can Destroy Your Home / The Dangers Of Microwave Oven In Your Home / Doctors In Diaspora: How FG Frustrated Us When We Offered To Improve Healthcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.