Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) (29267 Views)

Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill / Prostitutes In Zimbabwe Now Using Bread Packets As Condom Prices Rise / Patients Starve As Food Stocks Dry Up At Zimbabwe Government Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Cromagnon: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
You can’t take care of them properly, you don’t want them to go. Are African leaders not greedy and wicked??
no they're powerful and doing what you voted them to
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by SouthSouth1914: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2022
Cromagnon:
no they're powerful and doing what you voted them to

It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by alimiadedayo1: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
david22uu:

I am not it into politics sir!
I stand for the truth
but if you are pained by the truth you can go to hell
you are not saying the truth if you cannot answer my questions my brother pls let us reason with our conscience not with bitterness or deceit and lies in our heart? pls answer those questions for me then your conscience will judge you
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by saladinnoir: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
Hed0nist:

They won’t pay their workers well. The government officials collect exorbitant salaries for doing basically nothing. Doctors in LUTH have not been paid for at least 10 months. No one talks about this.

Yet blocking people from migration to more economically favorable areas is the good thing to do.

Africans especially Nigerians are our own problem. The way we think is so twisted.

Which book is this, if you don't mind me asking.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

True that. But with the way Nigeria don spoil, this won't happen overnight

If u know how much our leaders are looting, u ll know, they preparing to make those who remain in the country, slaves.

One man, who is just a PA, or commissioner, or on flimsy post driving a car of 100m, pls from which salary?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
In as much as I feel for them, but my country and my fellow South Africans come first.

It hurts me seeing my fellow South African not being able to get admitted in a government hospital simply because the hospital beds are full of Zimbabwean illegal migrants who are gonna refuse to pay for their hospital treatments afterwards and run back to Zimbabwe.

Maybe you should carry gun and shoot every patients

Mumu grin grin grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Ijb11: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by lilyheaven: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
Poverty and practicing witchcraft at the same time, is what African leaders are.
SouthSouth1914:
You can’t take care of them properly, you don’t want them to go. Are African leaders not greedy and wicked??

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Comedian2019: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
This is what APC will do if they win in 2023.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Baffupdrizz(m): 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2022
One of the ways which the Government can minimize the rate of emigration of professionals away from Africa is to improve the working conditions at home by channelling funding in their budget into critical areas.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
Stlaela mo ke wena.
Barims:

Maybe you should carry gun and shoot every patients

Mumu grin grin grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Stlaela mo ke wena.

Aww shocked shocked coward, why didn't you write in language I understand??

grin grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by horia: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:
Good move. Nigeria must do this next.
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.

Your analysis is direct and really expressive. I think you’re almost intelligent.
Maybe if you also tried to analyze why a large number of persons would make a similar decision your thought pattern would experience a breakthrough.

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by prigoz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
confirmerg:
Very soon the doctor that will remain in Nigeria will be native doctor.
You are wicked lol
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by rhames(m): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5e_HXj_CfQ

In Southern Africa, the Zimbabwean government has reportedly stopped issuing clearance letters to nurses in a bid to prevent them from leaving the country for greener pastures.

This follows #massresignations that have hit #Zimbabwe’s public hospitals as health professionals migrate abroad for better salaries and working conditions.

Earlier this year, the government doubled application fees for nurses' confirmation letters and certificates from US$ 300.
Official figures show that last year alone, Zimbabwe lost 1800 professionals, mainly to Britain.

Robert Chiduku, the Zimbabwe Professional Nurses Union President, joined us to unpack this latest development. #ZimbabweanNurses - News Central TV

There is one word that can describe African leaders: wicked.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by alphaNomega: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2022
dyera:
Foolish nurses, want to Japa to go and work as slaves in the white man land.

I Spit on Africans that are running away from their country, instead of staying to develop it.

If the ancestors of the white man ran away from their land, would their country be as developed as it is today.

Instead of running away because things are difficult in your country, stay and fight for the betterment of your country.
Thunder fire you and your spit. What type of useless crab mentality is this? So because you do not have the means to leave your country, you are condemning those that can leave and have left?

The USA that is the self-acclaimed greatest nation in the world, was it not made so by European immigrants?

Stay in your country and die in your country, your corpse will rot here.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2022
A ke nyake.. grin grin grin
Barims:

Aww shocked shocked coward, why didn't you write in language I understand??

grin grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
A ke nyake.. grin grin grin

You had better not speak in the language I would understand
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2022
English data bundles have been depleted.
Barims:

You had better not speak in the language I would understand
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Oburu202: 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
coconutbag:
Impoverish your people and still prevent them from running away. There's no bigger witchcraft than this.

You are absolutely right! Can you imagine. The people in government agencies are busy training their kids abroad. Then the poor ones who manage to escape the trenches those in power created, they still want to prevent them from leaving thier shithole nations.

The Op above us said it's a good move, he doesn't understand the effects of bad government.
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
English data bundles have been depleted.

What does that supposed to mean?
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2022
You called me a mumu, I didn't ask for the meaning.

So don't ask for the meaning of what I said too.. grin grin
Barims:

What does that supposed to mean?
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
You called me a mumu, I didn't ask for the meaning.

So don't ask for the meaning of what I said too.. grin grin

Hope what you are saying aren't a curse?? Because in my lineage, they don't curse us because it will backfire in 10 folds
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Ooohhh! I'm scared.. grin grin
Barims:

Hope what you are saying aren't a curse?? Because in my lineage, they don't curse us because it will backfire in 10 folds
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Barims(m): 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
Samantha123:
Ooohhh! I'm scared.. grin grin

LoL, you'd better be grin grin
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2022
Neddstark:

Yes they are to blame. They are the architect of the brain drain in the country right now. But if we all professionals leave, there is a big problem.

They have families to feed, life to build, how can they there? Level 14 Dey earn 320k, when he wan build or buy house?? Unless you know person, waiter dey earn 14 pounds per hour here, imagine you work 50 hours, 10 hours time 5 calculate, after tax 2400, rent, Transportation, food and bills 1k, if you can manage well. You save 1300, 1400 monthly, times am 1million plus monthly, e no easy too but if you put body one fit run am in 12 months 12 to 13m, 2 years 24 to 26 m, if you single, focus and ambitious, you can start business or do massive investing,

So you see why men dey hurry,

Mental care home pay 22 pounds per hour

Some construction pay 18 pounds per hour some 14.

Cleaning job 10 to 11 pounds

When Nigeria, your professionalism can’t save you 1.5m a year

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by frog12: 1:17am On Oct 21, 2022
thank you

Neddstark:
Good move. Nigeria must do this next.
African countries can't be training medical and health practitioners for 1/50 the cost of the UK. Only for the same beneficiaries to leave the system and be of use to a society that did not train them.
Insult me all you can but when you or a loved one is having a medical issue and you are stuck with an auxiliary nurse and you have to be on a 3hour queue because there are few doctors on standby, then your eye will clear. Unfortunately, you will blame Buhari or the next president.

1 Like

Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by obedience4(m): 2:06am On Oct 21, 2022
david22uu:

God not god .... grin grin grin grin

Didn't want to use capital latter G, and ass in the same sentence
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by ubox: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
obedience4:

Government funded my ass,
Public universities are government funded
Re: Medical Brain Drain In Zimbabwe: Government Blocks UK-Bound Nurses (Video) by Cromagnon: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

It is better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Precisely
Now you've removed all doubt about your ignorance

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / The Transformation Photos Of A Once Malnourished Child / Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.