Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

How Do I Forgive Him? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Forgive Him? (64522 Views)

Should I Forgive Her? / Should I Forgive Him? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Zardex(m): 12:19am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

No insult please, I have cried enough.
Sorry dear. I understand ur pains. It is hurting tbh but pls cool down first and try to iron out the issues after
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Fearyourcreator: 12:19am On Oct 25, 2022
Riverrun:

Though you said no insult, I am sorry I would still insult you. YOU ARE A FOOLISH WOMAN.

If I was your husband, the day you packed out is the day the marriage ends for real. So when your children grow and ask you why you left their father then you open your mouth to say this nonsense you wrote up there.

Just imagine this rubbish, what your husband did was business though as family he was not supposed to add something in your case.
But all the same, the 200k he collected is still in the family.

Your husband does things for you with his money, this is normal to you.
Him benefiting from your money should not be a reason for you to throw tantrums. If you check well how he spent the money you will still see that more than 60% of that money was consumed by you directly or indirectly.

You go about disgracing your family for paltry sum. Something that can be resolved in-house, now everyone knows how wicked, unforgiving and stingy you are that even your husband had to lie to get something from you.

You are pregnant now you remember your children needs a father in their life. Why don't your money play the role of a father?

See if you know you are coming back without forgetting that matter totally you better remain where you are. Don't come and give that man headache. The poor man must have thought he married a help meet.

Infact you are vexing me, go.
Asin... She dey vex me no be small... Man messed up fine... He begged call families wetin she want again
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by leofab(f): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

are you sure he is the owner of the pregnancy and it’s was your sister’ house that you moved to..

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Fearyourcreator: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2022
Calibrator:
If all married men decide to divorce their wives because of misappropriation of family funds, there will be no immediate family structure left in the world.

You are not ready to keep your home intact, seems like you are the kind of lady who think since she has a stable financial portfolio, she can move out of her marital home and survive on her own..... Funny thing is that I have a girlfriend with this exact mindset and I am waiting for jungle to mature before I remove the absorber from her shock.

You are doing well!
Most have seen are like that ... If they can take care of themselves like this wahala don come

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Billygee2u: 12:23am On Oct 25, 2022
Jaisman26:

I believe your husband has learnt his lesson already because this is the first time such things happened. Please once you have married a man then learn not to dwell on the fallacies of my father or my mother says this or that. What do you want as a person!? . You only told us about your husband eating your 200k and for that you cannot forgive him as what? Tell him that act bring distrust and and forgive him simple. Money has can cause a lots of troubles at home between man and woman at home but believe me the communications has solutions to them both. That same 200k or more than that he can give you tomorrow once that same table turns around. So please forgive your husband and go back home and please don't listen to your father on this as long as your husband is not beating or leaving you for other women.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Trojan8(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2022
akanbiaa:
No one will pay agency fee of 200k over land of 400k it's pure scam and dishonesty , he should have begged his wife for money or borrowed from her, with this his attitude it means if she dies before him the children will suffer and be deprived of what legitimately is hers under his watch. @Registeredguest

Are you sure that you are OK?
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Oasis93(f): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2022
CaptainAyub:

But women scam their husbands on daily basis with upkeep money and nobody packs out of the house cheesy

That woman is osiwin eniyan born bastrd
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Boldtrust(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2022
@Op, I'm struggling so hard to not be hard on you. I think you're the one complicating your marriage at this moment. Something inside you knows it. We all know this is a usual thing (jf it had happened the other way round with a woman cheating her man out on a deal) . I've had a few of these. I easily talk it over or look away.. No act of dishonesty is good, but you need to know how to weigh the odds. Life isn't black and white. This is your husband. I thought you were going to say he was spending the money on other women. That'd make a different turn entirely.

Trust me, nobody wins In a divorce and the more vulnerable in this case is you.
Make a choice. Forgive him. Clean out your heart or be your children's father.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by rickleye: 12:25am On Oct 25, 2022
1. A sexual active man didn’t call his wife for two months … hmm.
2. You parked out of his house - no remorse.

This my two cents and for people who may read - for a modern marriage - things are different.

I think you underestimate yourself. You are not denying your kids access to their father ( you guys will be coparenting ) so he gets to see the kids every other week.

He isn’t beating you or emotionally abusing you. He may have cheated you out of 200k but that’s something you could have forgiven unless It is the issue that broke the camels back.

However time heals all wounds. Sit with your dad and tell him that you will be moving back in with your husband . We serve a God of second/third chances. If you see true repentance ( which would be an apology plus 300k - interest on the money ) agree to start afresh. You will also need to learn to forgive not forget but learn to not let it bother you, for a day may come when the shoe is on the other foot.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Slynation(m): 12:26am On Oct 25, 2022
culf:
Imagine the type of issue that is causing separation, its unfortunate.

You're a lady so it might mean a lot to you but do you know that most times money given to wives for one thing or another, some wives divert part of it, Oga know but won't even bother including feeding money meant for the family.
This same money causing issues, if it were to be another person, will you have known? some people don't mix business with anything and probably maybe your hubby is one that thinks everybody should pay for his service including his wife. Truth is, what he did is wrong, he should have asked for payment rather than taking it through the back door.
To me, this is not suppose to lead to any serious fight or separation.

#Some people who are not suppose to be in marriage are already married.
The husband did no wrong here, immediately she selfishly wanted the land all by herself, it became a pure business and no longer family affairs...

Afterall, a successful business is the one friends and family pays...I stand with the husband full-time and I wouldn't have begged her one bit, make she give me my children dey go her way...!!
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Okhuadams(m): 12:27am On Oct 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
You don't need such a stupid, lazy, insensitive and selfish man in your life or your kids'. Move on and continue to provide for yourself and your kids. He abandoned you for months and was trying to manipulate you emotionally when you went to pack things, don't be deceived.

Don't let his family's plead to deceive you. That man can never change. That's his personality and once you go back and deliver that baby, you will be trapped!

You can do well without him! Marriage is not an achievement. There are many successful people in the world raised by single mothers. Don't let the society define your happiness!
Hmm a very bad advice just bcoz he ate her money. She neither say he is abusive or a cheater na wah ooo na just money him chop na bring this plenty talk
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by rickleye: 12:27am On Oct 25, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Asin... She dey vex me no be small... Man messed up fine... He begged call families wetin she want again

True repentance- return the � with interest. Be the bigger man.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by BENEAMATA: 12:28am On Oct 25, 2022
goodmike7:
DEAR OP
PLEASE DONT FORGIVE YOUR HUSBAND OOO..NEVER
YOU ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL AND FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT..YOU ARE VERY HOLY AND WITHOUT MISTAKE AND MEN WILL TROOP IN THEIR NUMBERS TO MARRY YOU AFTER YOU GIVE BIRTH.
YOU DONT NEED YOUR HUSBAND AND WHEN YOU REMARRY, IF THE GUY TOUCHES YOUR PURSE, PLEASE LEAVE TOO AND RENT ANOTHER APARTMENT WITH YOUR KIDS.
YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ABHORS YOU FOR 2 MONTHS WITHOUT REACHING OUT TO YOUR HUSBAND
YOU HAVE A FATHER WHO ENCOURAGES YOU NOT TO GO BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND, VERY SUPPORTIVE FAMILY.
YOU DONT NEED A MAN.
I LIKE YOUR COMPETITIVE SPIRIT OF OWNING YOUR THINHS AND 200K IS WAY WORTH A DIVORCE FROM A MAN WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT A PROPERTY, ENCOURAGED YOU YO BUY IT AND GAVE YOU THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION IN YOUR NAME OOO.

WELL DONE.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Blaqputin(m): 12:29am On Oct 25, 2022
See soap for nairaland resident feminist to use masturbate
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by rickleye: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2022
Slynation:
The husband did no wrong here, immediately she selfishly wanted the land all by herself, it became a pure business and no longer family affairs...

Afterall, a successful business is the one friends and family pays...I stand with the husband full-time and I wouldn't have begged her one bit, make she give me my children dey go her way...!!

I think you forgot where she said the husband has properties in his name. She wanted the property for herself. Exactly what’s wrong with that ? If anything happens to the husband , the family relatives would descend on her like vultures. What exactly is the issue with her having a property to her name ?
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by ETHIX(m): 12:34am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:

Hello ma,

Sometimes let’s count it with joy that someone offends us and we are on the position to forgive. If you accept the forgiveness fast enough, that is the way Jesus will quickly forgive you your sins but if you delay he will delay his forgiveness.

The devil has a way to make us very sad and he will bring and picture a genuine reason why you should not forgive knowing fully well that he is wants to stop you in other areas you don’t even know.

You can be angry for all your husband did but please know that no marriage is perfect. God really bless when you do things together. Your husband asked you to buy the land together as a family but you refused cos you are financially okay today but tables do turn.

Your husband should be ashamed of himself for not being trustworthy. If you guys cannot agree with just N600,000 and you steal and refuse to forgive. How will God bless you in dollars. Don’t be blind cos of naira. Devil knows that once you guys stay together the sky is your limit but wants to destroy the marriage. Pls don’t be angry cos of Naira. It does not worth it
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by BENEAMATA: 12:36am On Oct 25, 2022
Slynation:
Thank you bro...above all, it's even a land that might likely worth #10million in 5years to come...Na e this OP destroy her family because of common ordinary 200K, so it's better for a total stranger to chop her 200K as agent fee than for her loving husband to chop her money...

One thing I like about business is that, once I get a good deal, it doesn't matter whether I overpaid, the most important thing was that I got a good deal within my budget...

my brother , may God mend their home . And wetin she dey find for the husband phone sef ? Na wah oh .
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by SilvanusII(m): 12:37am On Oct 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
My Sister, you have a right to be angry. Yes your husband has offended you.

But because of the Blood JESUS Christ shed on the cross of Calvary for your sins and my sins, Despite all our evil and wicked lives, Forgive him. Forget about the past.

You both should together go before GOD in Prayers. Forgive yourself and Build your Home on GOD and GOD'S Principles for the Home.

I Pray for you, the Peace of GOD that passed all human Understanding take over your life and your Home in JESUS Name.

You better not be listening to this clown. Jesus loves you so much he gave you a thinking brain. Your husband is an entitled preek who cares NOTHING for you. If and when he shows remorse, he knows what to do. In the interim, stay FAR AWAY from him
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by MufasaLion: 12:38am On Oct 25, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Because of 200k boss. Arh! Baba you fall hand oh!

Brother, I never wanted to respond to any mentions but I decided to respond to you.

No, it's not because of 200k. It's because of breach of trust and how it even happened. Irrespective of how genuine your reason(s) might be, there are things you shouldn't do to people that trust you, most especially your partner! He was trying to be a smart-ass, with no shame. A partner that could do such to you, would do more than that, if he's got the chance to rip you off more money. Also, the man even ignored her until she went home to pack out! That shows how unremorseful he was. He didn't respect their union, no trust and being nonchalant!

Even if he needed money desperately and his wife was more buoyant, why couldn't he talk to his wife? Why are they couples when they can't be each other's helper?

He's the type of human that will rip you off at any given chance without considering the relationship, friendship or ties between you both! He's the type of person that relatives abroad will trust to manage their property or constructions but will end up squandering the money or do inferior project.

I advised that woman based on the information she provided and I was just being honest. I'm not perfect but I have some dignity! I'm not a hypocrite, I like to call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Princewill1(m): 12:39am On Oct 25, 2022
From her story, she visited her husband just recently.

I think it’s to check if any woman has appeared in the picture. Just continue your shakara.

You will eventually become a single mom and a bitter feminist!

Nothing weh we no go hear for marriage matter.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by twilliamx(m): 12:39am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:

The reason is not enough to destroy your marriage... Ahhhh ahhhh.. 200k..I think he is lucky that you are leaving him.. He just doesn't realize it yet. I understand that he breach your trust but believe me your unforgiven spirit is actually the problem after he has brought the whole village to beg you.
Believe me there are still many battles ahead for a young marriage like yours, is it every time you will be packing out over every disagreement?
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by AfonjaConehead: 12:40am On Oct 25, 2022
The man 4kD up big time. How the hell you scam your own wife! Then after that,you went ahead and was quarrelling with her over the issue!
What he is doing is simple,he's taking her for a ride..
Ever since he agreed for her to be the one to foot the land,bronco became happy inside him obviously,can you beat that!!?
A real man would never accept that! A real man would never allow his wife to pay for a property alone,for what?!
A real man will pay for properties 100% or share it like 70/30 with his wiffy.
Oh my God ,I'm not gonna be the one to go against a family but if I was a woman,no bronco is ever gonna mess with me.

But then again,she made a big mistake by insisting on paying for the land all by herself (you try that as my wife,it's curtains), but it kinda paid off cos it brought out the true nature of the bronco she calls husband.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by culf: 12:41am On Oct 25, 2022
Slynation:

I guess she already made up her mind to leave the marriage, because I don't see this reason as good enough to cause separation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Paulianfa(m): 12:43am On Oct 25, 2022
Why do u want to buy a land for ur self when u are living with a man?
U have a plan B in ur marriage, I am suspecting u woman! With ur actions so far mehn u cause it all.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by twilliamx(m): 12:45am On Oct 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

Imagine the trash you wrote. Stop justifying a breach of trust!

Am sure you are single... Oun wa ni kun ra
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by romenna: 12:45am On Oct 25, 2022
femo86:

My sister, find peace and forgive him. Go back to your home and live in peace with your children....

This part your dad is insisting.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Like father like daughter.
She n her family don see her hubby finish.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Ghidey(m): 12:49am On Oct 25, 2022
You started very well.

What is blood of Jesus in this please?

Stop wasting his blood.

Don't
Righteousness2:
My Sister, you have a right to be angry. Yes your husband has offended you.

But because of the Blood JESUS Christ shed on the cross of Calvary for your sins and my sins, Despite all our evil and wicked lives, Forgive him. Forget about the past.

You both should together go before GOD in Prayers. Forgive yourself and Build your Home on GOD and GOD'S Principles for the Home.

I Pray for you, the Peace of GOD that passed all human Understanding take over your life and your Home in JESUS Name.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by EgusiSoup: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2022
This marriage of a thing sef. God help us.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by BENEAMATA: 12:52am On Oct 25, 2022
VawulenceLover:
you are nothing but a typical LovePeddler. You want to bring another man's son to the guy abi. Can you swear with your toto water and your life that you have not bleeped another preek within this period? the only thing that gave you this guts is the fact that you are already cheating.
Bros , be calming down oh ! On top this matter ? Advise and solution abeg .

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Slynation(m): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2022
rickleye:

I think you forgot where she said the husband has properties in his name. She wanted the property for herself. Exactly what’s wrong with that ? If anything happens to the husband , the family relatives would descend on her like vultures. What exactly is the issue with her having a property to her name ?
what are you even saying?? Did they tie their placenta together right from birth?? Or didn't it occurred to you the man already established himself before getting married to her..?? Or your mind didn't race to the fact he has attained a certain level of financial bouyancy before getting married and most of the properties were already in his custody before marriage...

Okay fine, let us assume she wanted a property for herself, but she has to wait for Oga to brought forth a genuine deal on a landed property he duly suggested they get together, and our madam even has the temerity, the insolence, the impetus, the audacity, the insubordination to tell us "She wanted it all to herself" Do you even know how that sounds, I'm trying to place myself in the husband shoes so I can get a better picture of how it feels...

If she wanted things for herself, why not get it without involving the husband since she has money to throw around...

She even went ahead to say "she left the house for months and Oga didn't call" as if the phone doesn't work both ways, did she call and Oga did not pick...?? grin Did anybody chase her away from her home, now she's claiming victim and most people on the first page are begging her to forgive infact, I never wanted to insult, but I think I will have to join Riverrun in saying OP is a very foolish woman...!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Jeferious: 12:54am On Oct 25, 2022
This op dey funny me too much grin grin. Ordinary 200k. And the man must have spent more than that on her.

Small money wey no reach anything dey shack you. You'd surely like an unrelenting competitor as a husband grin grin. Come and marry my type. I'd definitely make sure that you run mad cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by koolaid87: 12:59am On Oct 25, 2022
Its your choice.

Can you Forgive and move on? If you cant, then you're better off alone.

Also, pls clear your head and discard your baggages before hoping into another relationship as you might inadvertently ruin an innocent Man/woman's heart.

So long

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

83-Year-Old Muslim Man To Marry 16-Year-Old Girl In Niger State (Photo) / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / Side Chick Abandons Baby For Couple On Wedding Day In Akwa Ibom (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.