Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

How Do I Forgive Him? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Forgive Him? (64719 Views)

Should I Forgive Her? / Should I Forgive Him? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Missionaire: 3:04am On Oct 25, 2022
Fahvvy:
How do you forgive him?
By forgiving him na grin...

Marriage is not relationship o that you can brezz in and out as you wish undecided...
Marriage will test and stretch you farther than anything else will undecided..

On a more serious note...
It's clear and glaring that you don't consider yourself as a team? undecided...

Let's look at your write up undecided...

I have always helped him in his house projects,might not be much 100k,50k,20k when need be,I never siphoned my money to myself,as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head,(3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that "we" should buy it together,I told him no,I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it,( just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller."we" did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

So even when "two have become one" you still act as if you guys are not a team undecided...

The only time the word "we" appeared there, it was because it was suggested by your hubby undecided...

So while he sees you guys as a team, you see yourself as competitors undecided...

Until you change your mindset, it's best you don't go back undecided...

I'm not trying to excuse your hubby's actions, however, if you intend to go back with this mindset of unforgiveness, disunity and distrust, just be prepared for everyday quarrel undecided...

And that too will affect your kids undecided...
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by goldfish27(m): 3:07am On Oct 25, 2022
You never serious for marriage Na man wey go train your pikin u dey look for madam. we sabi una type, una enter marriage with plan. from your write up its I, ME, I, ME. When this man train those pikin for you finish u go turn them against the man that's why u want the land for yourself so you go build house waka when your plan done mature. madam if u get mind go rent house u fit do the undo. if not for the belle will you have even thought of calling him? get me I no talk say d man do well ooooooo. na eye opener for the man sha say na loneliness go kill him for old age. he better start making plan B, C and D before night come.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Bridget95(f): 3:12am On Oct 25, 2022
advanceDNA:

Its her money at the end of the day....so she has a right to be angry....but ending her marriage over this is a bit of an overkill

Many of us did it to our parents ....
My babe does it to me irregularly...
Your babe does it to you and you call her your babe?
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Alwaysachick: 3:14am On Oct 25, 2022
culf:
Imagine the type of issue that is causing separation, its unfortunate.

You're a lady so it might mean a lot to you but do you know that most times money given to wives for one thing or another, some wives divert part of it, Oga know but won't even bother including feeding money meant for the family.
This same money causing issues, if it were to be another person, will you have known? some people don't mix business with anything and probably maybe your hubby is one that thinks everybody should pay for his service including his wife. Truth is, what he did is wrong, he should have asked for payment rather than taking it through the back door.
To me, this is not suppose to lead to any serious fight or separation.

#Some people who are not suppose to be in marriage are already married.

This is just the truth, and the person fueling her obviously envious of what she has and will not stop until she is out of wed lock.

If this is your husband's only sin, then pls go back to him. He is a Saint compared to some men out there.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by kevotek1000(m): 3:15am On Oct 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
You don't need such a stupid, lazy, insensitive and selfish man in your life or your kids'. Move on and continue to provide for yourself and your kids. He abandoned you for months and was trying to manipulate you emotionally when you went to pack things, don't be deceived.

Don't let his family's plead to deceive you. That man can never change. That's his personality and once you go back and deliver that baby, you will be trapped!

You can do well without him! Marriage is not an achievement. There are many successful people in the world raised by single mothers. Don't let the society define your happiness!

Is this the best advice you can give? Sorry
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by ANSOM: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2022
Helpout12345:
I pity you. You think there's something outside with 2 children.

Yes. He wronged you by inflating the price of the land. So what? Women do this everywhere to their husbands and heaven don't fall.

Everybody has begged you and you refused to reason well.

Continue oooo. Body go tell you.

Don't mind her!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:19am On Oct 25, 2022
Your husband is just a greedy simp who can not hold his ground... if u try this nonsense on somebody like me, I will send u back to ur parent empty handed so u can go and make that ur money under their roof... that my child u won't even see am ever again

Ashawo Mrs hustler no be ur boyfriends dey bankroll you... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by BigIyanga: 3:23am On Oct 25, 2022
But you wanted to scheme him out of a plot he had discovered abd planned. So if that plot is worth N1bn next yrs, you’d inherit all the benefits. This your move gets people killed in biz.

You started this journey of selfishness and now he charged N200k as his commission. Business is business. You treated him like a dispoable biz partner and he treated you like a biz partner as well. Do me I do u, god no vex

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Alwaysachick: 3:24am On Oct 25, 2022
Why is nobody faulting the fact that the woman siphoned a project that was supposed to be family.

Is she the one paying the rent?
Did she buy the car?
Who is paying the bills?

If it's the man, then he brings such joint project and you personalized it. The only meaningful time you were supposed to first be his helper before a business partner?

She made herself a business partner. No serious business man will do business with out getting profit.

Pls free the man. Op has her issues and who ever is her mentor is not helping her.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by longview007: 3:29am On Oct 25, 2022
Learn to forgive.
Your man has messup but he has also asked for forgiveness, pls forgive him and let peace be.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by jamesharryson(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
You don't need such a stupid, lazy, insensitive and selfish man in your life or your kids'. Move on and continue to provide for yourself and your kids. He abandoned you for months and was trying to manipulate you emotionally when you went to pack things, don't be deceived.

Don't let his family's plead to deceive you. That man can never change. That's his personality and once you go back and deliver that baby, you will be trapped!

You can do well without him! Marriage is not an achievement. There are many successful people in the world raised by single mothers. Don't let the society define your happiness!
Are you sure you are married or you are looking for people to join you in single mothers association?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Alwaysachick: 3:33am On Oct 25, 2022
Ugomajority:
Money has entered ur head. Seems u have more money than ur husband. Be submissive to him. It's biblical. He said no, we will buy d LAND together but u refused. That alone is where u got wrong. If u can't mellow down then marry ur money not a man. Who knows wht he has being suffering in ur hands. I quess he is relieved instead of regreating ụ packed.

If this woman was bread winner she would have said to make her story juicy. She ain't contributions nothing

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by jtobiora(m): 3:34am On Oct 25, 2022
From your story, you appear selfish and bossy. Marriage is for matured people and both of you are not. Go and settle your issues because nairaland did not join you both in marriage. Learn to let go if you want long life!

Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

No insult please, I have cried enough.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Scribx: 3:34am On Oct 25, 2022
The mistake of 'individualism' in a supposed union. I have diagnosed the problem, OP is from a broken home. Pls, if you're from a broken home, work on yourself before getting into marriage. Most people think they're insulated from the negative impact of the unpleasantness of growing up in a broken home.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Backlaw406(m): 3:37am On Oct 25, 2022
Dalidal:

That is the genesis of your problem, your greed landed you in this problem, couples should always learn to do things together,buy land or a house together,you also mentioned "his" house project instead of "our" house project.The both of you are living separate lives, for his land your name should be there and for your land his name should be there, that is why is it called marriage because you are one,I want the land all by myself, that is GREED.

You dey mind her. When she knew she wants to be doing things separately, why married in the first place. She want to be eating her cake and still have it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by iSense247: 3:38am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

Truth be told, you don't need a husband because you are a husband yourself. It's clear you were the husband of the house. Go and join the league of Tonto Dikeh, Tiwa Savage, Jennifer, etc. who always forming strong publicly but weeping secretly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Alwaysachick: 3:38am On Oct 25, 2022
Ifeelnumb:

Follow your fathers advice

Father that was suppose to save his daughter marriage even if it means giving her back her 200k.

Did she go back to his house? No

It will done on her when her family will abandon her with the kids when the going gets tougher.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by idahsy: 3:39am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:

money na evil, please just try in our heart to forgive him no matter how difficult it seem to be but never trust him with money again nd try to be a good wife to him more again stop packing out from ur husband house just because to 200k only is totally wrong, although u re right for being mad at him but involve that attitude of packing is wrong. o girl i no go lie u i dey thief my wife money no be small any time she hide her money i must carried it rather if she ask me i will yes i carry but i will u pay u back but i will not pay, at times it end in quarel that's all she never pack from my house.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by jamesharryson(m): 3:40am On Oct 25, 2022
My dear sister. You gave room for this. Why in the first place are you looking for a personal property when your husband saw the land and invited you to buy with him?

Well, just know that you started this whole trust issues by wanting to have the land all to yourself.

Then, please disabuse your mind from the act of moving out over little argument. Because you are seeing some money does not and should not make you think you are already independent. No matter what u want to call it. Rise up now and return to your house. Collect money for your antenatal, baby food, baby milk, baby everything. Before you know it, u will cover your 200k. Don't just be over aggressive, for posterity sake
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by kizyalex10(m): 3:43am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:

dear first it pained the man that a land both of you are supposed to own you insisted on owning it urself that means u don’t trust the marriage in the first place so thereby planning for future divorce,that action pained the man ,our generation now plan for divorce even before the wedding day,nobody should own a personal property it’s family,I buy property and have joint account with my wife and all properties Carries our name or our child’s name,same with my brothers.infact owning properties together helps us nt to divorce more and also tolerate more.all this fight na because of 200k,you felt betrayed by his actions and so he is too by ur action of buying d land alone,u even have d mind to rent house outside and ur marriage crashed because of 200k.if u re pained then u could have devised a means of not allowing such to repeat itself .u created trust issues by buying land for urself and the man thinking u have plan B

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Prestigeblinks9: 3:43am On Oct 25, 2022
Hmmmmmmm
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by InvertedHammer: 3:45am On Oct 25, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic...

/
There is zero trust in your marriage. You insisted on owning a property away from your husband. What kind of man will condone that? He ended up scamming you of N200k. It seems like a marriage made in heaven between two individuals who cannot trust each other.

You can go back to him for the sake of your children.
But you know that the marriage is over. The summary is that it is not going to end well if you do.

Betrayal by an insider is the worst of its kind and can never be erased from your natural hard drive, try as you may. You are being emotional and we know that living in denial or hoping for change is what got Osinachi six feet under.

Some people deserve to be left alone. Both of you need to stay away from each other.

/
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by orior5: 3:56am On Oct 25, 2022
With all due respect op, go back to your husband house and beg him for forgiveness, because from your story, it shows that you are a very selfish and greedy woman that was brought up from a selfish home and you have not been supportive in the marriage, you leave all the load for your husband, because I don't see how your own family members will be advising you to leave your marriage because of 200k. Ask yourself, what is 200k? Is it enough to sacrifice your marriage, have you not benefitted more than that from your husband? Is 200k wought the respect you get from having a happy family? Do you know how many women will raise millions and give to their husbands and the next ear will not hear of it?
I think you have gotten stupid bf outside that is deceiving you to destroy your home, but you don't know that he will not be with you, when you are done destroying it.
You just told us how successful your husband was, early in the marriage, which shows that he is also a hardworking man, and takes full responsibility of you and the kids. But that was not enough for you to think about your marriage first, you are thinking of destroying a good home that alot of your age are wishing for. Yes your husband broke your trust, but I tell you, he did it because he saw the greed in you. Ask yourself, why don't you want to have a property with your husband, but wants your own, who do you want to inherit it? Your family or your children? Anyway I don't think this story is true

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by imagrg(m): 3:58am On Oct 25, 2022
1. You are a trouble maker.

2. You bought a land for yourself and not for the family...that makes you self-centred. That is not acceptable in marriage.

3. That you are the breadwinner of the house doesn't give you the right to humiliate your husband.

SOLUTION:
You have both erred. So, go back to the house and talk things over with your SIMP husband.
And learn to be submissive.
You are killing that man's psych because you are richer.
YOU SEE WOMEN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by jamesharryson(m): 4:01am On Oct 25, 2022
HardMirror:
see advicers. You will divorce your wife cos of 200k. Hehehehe
He is not married. Don't mind him. My wife bought a toothpaste for N500. I loved the product and pleaded her to buy it again when the old one finished. She said she does not have the money for it, she wants us to be using the old product we were using before that one. I asked her how much she bought it. My lovely wife told me it's N6300. Because the paste helped my tooth ache, I gave her the money. On my way out, I saw someone hawking toothpastes, I decided to check if I will see it. I saw it and the man said it's #500 last price. I even thought it was the imitation. I told the boy to bring the original for me. I showed me everything that made me believe it is the original. I only laughed. Got home, gave it to my wife. I only told her that I saw the paste and bought it cheaper. She asked me how much, I told her I bought it #3500. You need to see where she wrecking. That I should come and show her the person so that she will collect her balance. Everything ended in jokes. I then told her the truth and demanded my balance, do you know what she said? I don chop you mugu. Mugu fall armed robber chop. We all laughed over it and that ends it. I can go on to show you so many examples. I do collect her own too. Life goes on

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Invest4growth: 4:06am On Oct 25, 2022
The woman never wanted the marriage in the first instance. She should have looked for a sperm donor and lived her life. You want to be in marriage and keep acquiring personal assets without full collaboration.with your man whom.you.clsimed you love l? These are issues that create bad blood and strifes in the family. God that is testing the man today might bless him.tomorrow and retaliation and biter quarrels begin. It is see finish that makes a woman complain if her husband spends her money. Was there complaint when she was spending the man's money. The husband was kind hearted even assisting her to procure the land. Some husband's will not. They will rather prefer the use the money to buy joint property or nothing at all. Families need to show understanding. Trials will come and it will end if both parties work together. Do not allow short trials destroy your plans
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Detse: 4:07am On Oct 25, 2022
Madam, better return to your husband to avoid avoidable single motherhood. No marriage without challenge. Pls go back and settle with him
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Berankis: 4:11am On Oct 25, 2022
The truth is no man (or woman) is perfect! Trusts do breakdown sometimes, you just have to find a way to continue. Do not value money too much above your husband or family. He spent your money and betrayed your trust, yes it happens a lot in relationships but that shouldn't be enough reason to break up.
I think something is wrong with your relationship if 200k can lead to this.
Show me which husband doesn't spend his wife's money (and which wife doesn't spend her husband's money grin without owner's consent). You should calm down, you might be hardworking and earning but don't let it get into your head and the feeling of "I don't need a man to survive" will kill your marriage, even if you re-marry, you will live to tell the story...
For him not to call you for about 2months also shows something is fundamentally not right, if he is not cheating, hope you are not arrogant and disrespectful?
Married partners that do things like buy house or land or car of "their own" separate from the family have trust issues or just greedy.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by hardon1(m): 4:13am On Oct 25, 2022
What your hubby did is outrightly wrong sha. My late dad had properties together with my mom, they also had their individual properties... The thing is that they both had full knowledge of it and so there was peace

Men should not be scared of their wife having properties, provide that they are aware of it

Coming to your hurt. I wonder why you still find it difficult to let go after months. He has begged family have begged what do you want.

You father that is asking you not to go back might not be on your side for long. Forgive him and go back. I don't want judge you but this is equivalent to what most wives do when they inflate price of food stuff when oga asks for list of monthly expenses, and perhaps you might have been guilty of this one way or the other

Pls go back, don't spoil what you both have build just because he stole your money. Pls go back... Being single mother with 2kids and one in the process it's not as easy thing
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Juniorangel(m): 4:14am On Oct 25, 2022
Just because of 200k you scattered your family now you are looking for a father figure for your kids... You think it's easy for all this single ladies to remarry even with your money. Go back to your husband and make real peace because in the next 5 years you will regret your decision.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by kaywhy09(m): 4:18am On Oct 25, 2022
Forgiving heart is the very first pillar that holds marriage.

Remember the good times more than the bad.

Let him realize he need to apologize and prove he really want you (not making attempts while you're away is really bad).

He can prove so by visiting your parents too for proper reconnection.

Forgive and let your mind be at peace.

Peace be with you.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by ojechi50: 4:20am On Oct 25, 2022
MufasaLion:

Marriage may not be an achievement to you and there are many successful people in the world raised by single mothers like you said but if you visit the streets and see children that was raised without a father, you will understand why she said she wants a father figure for her children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order / Florence Mosunmola Otedola Change Of Name On Newspaper That Got People Talking / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.