Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

How Do I Forgive Him? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Forgive Him? (64271 Views)

Should I Forgive Her? / Should I Forgive Him? / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by dawnomike(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

No insult please, I have cried enough.
I understand you... but the earlier you let go, the better for you.
Your husband is a good man and he is not without his own flaws.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by seanwilliam(m): 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Dainy1:
Thank you. The way some people give advice in this forum is terrible. How can your partner defraud you and expect you to over look?
Imageing my wife doing such with me, nau to divorce her straight up
so if you son or daughter does this , you’ll disown them ??

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Werey dey disguise. Go and return the phone to the owner.
You mistake me for your mother cheesy
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by blacksam01: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
you are a very very bad wife...first what came to u to say u want the house owned only by you....?

now money ordinary money is causibg divorce....God please i dont want to meet such woman in my life...

money love have overtaken this ones sense

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by mkoabiola: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
She even has d gut to rent her an apartment
She stil Want to explore life since she got married at 22.

Single mother loading

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by oluxy(m): 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:
I'm a lady in my mid- twenties, I got married aged 22, (always wanted to marry early) on the second year of our marriage we were blessed with a baby, parked to our house and things were rosy. I have always been a workaholic due to that I have never lack as a young lady in terms of finance.

I have always helped him in his house projects, might not be much 100k, 50k, 20k when need be. I never siphoned my money to myself, as a young lady I envisioned my pretty little family on my head, (3 children, handsome husband and pretty wife with a fine car living happily)

Now to the main problem,I think it all started when he told me he has seen a genuine plot of land that we should buy it together, I told him no, I want the land all by myself I have money to pay for it, (just want to have something tangible for myself alone) he said no problem.He sent me an account number of the seller I sent 600k to the seller.we did the necessary documents and everyone was happy.

After some weeks, I decided to dig around his phone then I discovered that the account I sent the 600k to, refunded 200k back to my husband, woke him up instantly I demanded for an explanation.he story no make sense. I was heartbroken, for months I was hurt...the two families got involved and settled the issue.money I no see...

Ever since this issue happened,the home has not been peaceful, fighting everyday. I find it so difficult to forgive him. I insult him, he insults me, he broke my phone, I break his door...I was demanded for an apology he says
"I'm his wife, no be today man dey collect him wife money, he say woman go build house for him husband no ear no go hear" those things hurt me more... everyday was fight, I parked out,I went to my sister's place,he didn't call, he didn't reach out.

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant,and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

My dad is insisting I should not go back...I'm now 6 months pregnant ,I need a father in my children's life.im finding it difficult to forgive him,I'm struggling within myself to forgive and trust this man again.

How can I let go of the past and move back with him...I decided to pay him a visit on Friday,he was happy I came,he did everything possible to show me he has changed but that feeling of betrayal and hurt is there.i left there this morning with querrell,I know I started the querrell,but I can't just seem to forgive him.please I need your help and advice on this pressing issue of mine.

To me, 200k issue isn't a betraying between husband and his wife. It's just a matter you need to talk out. And it shouldn't have gotten this serious if you didn't allow it.

Let see it this way, from his side is 200k, maybe from your side it may be even 1k... For example, he gives you 10k to executive some things and you ended up using 7k, or you know it's 7k but you said 10k and you ended up spending 7k without telling him or returning the remains cash back to him cos you know he's your husband. No issues.

That's what he did aswell though the money is much and to be honest with you, he's right when he said no be today man they chop his wife money it's vis-a-vis.

That is not betraying.
Betraying is when he marries another wife out of promise that you are his only woman till death do you both apart. Or he got another person pregnant or he's practicing infidelity.

Pls don't take things too far on issue of 200k, your home and initial peaceful home worth morethan 200billion.

He's begging, don't let him loss the insight and another woman takes your place. The load will be much on you when your children Begin secondary school and universities. Don't create for yourself unnecessarily future cries and regrets.

Your husband to me has not done something that warrants you leave your home.

Also, you said you insult him and he insult you, hmmmm! Well, no. There are better ways to kill a snake than to burn it else you will burn the whole house including your properties.

Your dad said you shouldn't go back, well, he's your dad but to me, he should consider the future and the happiness of your children and you.

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by begoniaa: 11:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Coronavirus1:
ASIWAJU and PETER OBI In a nutshell.

grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by micflo28(m): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Stop marrying handsome senseless men

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
advanceDNA:

Its her money at the end of the day....so she has a right to be angry....but ending her marriage over this is a bit of an overkill

Many of us did it to our parents ....
My babe does it to me irregularly...

I hope ubare not married ...cos it will most certainly crash ..how can u say its her money?? Since when did marriage turn to this ??

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by jconsulting(f): 11:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
I read the story ,if it true, then that man is a worthless man and has sold his birthright. So because of 200k you pack out of your husband house , from the beginning you said you wanted the land for all by yourself so that you can be bragging that it is your house. The man you marry is a lazy ass in as such I blame him for eating the 200k , but the summary is you wanted to assume the husband role in the house, because one day when little argument happens you will remind him you are the owner of the house that he should pack out or use police to arrest him to leave your house. Many of your type full US, UK idiot

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Enimin: 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

3 weeks after I parked I discovered I was pregnant, and informed him immediately through text.i stayed at my sister's place for 2 months no word from him... I decide to rent my own place,I rented a place and went to his house to park my remaining stuff,I meet him home,as soon as he sees I came with a truck to park my things he knelt down and started begging me...I was like,na today I commot for your house why now? He say he think say I dey play, he no think say I serious like this,for good two months you didn't say anything why now...with enough dragging I parked my things to my new rented apartment... since the day I park till now this man has not allowed me rest,his family members has been calling me to come back home, his dad came from the village to plead on his behalf.

As una dey fight dey break door, break phone, una still dey fûck...you be confirm winch

Yoruba people say 'owo 'o to eeyan' i.e. human being worth more than money, no matter the amount. Try and value your family more than money please.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Blackzero: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
redseason:
Men watch out for the kind of families you marry from!!!

You moved out of your matrimonial home over an issue that has nothing to do with infidelity, domestic violence, physical and emotional abuse! Your sister gladly accommodated you after hearing your stupid excuse! Your father is even asking you not to accept him after his own people have made several overtures for peace. Madam; your are from a terrible family!!
me sef tire for her matter o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by weslay: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

Na wa. Just ontop 200k, you are willing to destroy your family. Continue.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by gideonvalor98(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Though what your hubby did was bad...also your reaction is understandable...but you took it too far. I don't know your Hubby's age but i think you're not MATURED enough for marriage hence, the reason this happened. In marriage TWO becomes ONE...let this sink!

The situation of things can be remedied. Forgive your husband and move back home. Pray for forgiving spirit and your hubby to become a better father. Marriage is about experience... You just gain a huge one.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

U are a terrible woman ...u have an unforgiving spirit that need serious deliverance... so what if ur husband had 200k to himself ?? Wudnt he still spend it on u and the kids ?? And whats the thing with i want to purchase the land myself , ... u are what every man should runaway from ... u dont even deserve a man .... ur husband actually married a bad woman

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by armyofone(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
An untrustworthy man. His type can send people to go kill you because of few thousands. Be careful!
You have a good job and supportive family - move on raise your children. You can coparent.
Marriage should not be by force.
You guys will always fight as trust is no longer there and that's toxic to the children.
The only thing is you should have bought it together.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Theempath: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Chai,. I just don't like this woman at all at all at aaaaalll embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by greggng: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

I.most confess..marrying at very young age has its disadvantage....you should understand you are partners in progress ...the little money you send him to support the building cannot build a house ...that house he is building is for both of you ..is quiet disrespectful on your part to start buying a separate land for yourself .are you anticipating divorce? You lack manners and it takes a strong and understanding man to manage a woman like you .At a slight provocation ..you parked out and rented your own house ...you didn't even go to your parents house ...you truly want your independence .

Everything is not about gra gra cos it will lead you to no where . I am not supporting the fact that he didn't tell you about the refund...but most times curiosity kills the cat ..searching his phone is not a good one . Distrusting your husband is not healthy for your relationship...no man is perfect ...infact your husband is better than most husbands I have seen ....in some homes which mouth will you use to tell people that you are buying your own land when your husband is alive . Everything should be for both of you except you are planning to abandon him .

Go back to your husband...learn to ignore certain things ..God forbid that man dies you are to inherit everything he has ...so why disgrace him cos of 200k ...who knows the 200k.might be going back to the house project .. pls be calming down b4 you lose a good husband .

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Omoawoke: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

When they say marriage is not for everybody, people will not hear word. Person whey marry you marry problem

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Rozross:
You readily forgive those you love without a doubting spirit. You are kind of toxic, even me that like trouble dont know how to keep grudges, before the next day as e long reach, i've forgotten that we even had issues. Marriage isnt relationship, learn to accept your partner's flaws and weaknesses and forgive them each time their weaknesses is taking it's toll on them. This one isn't even a big issue sef, its you who has been complicating things. He's sorry and begging you for forgiveness and you still dont want to forgive him, what else do you want? His head? Abeg work on your unforgiven spirit.

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by johnfem321: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
It’s show she did very self-centred/ individualistic… there is absolutely nothing wrong in buying a land together with your husband.. the guy to nice for begging her.. I can’t even date a selfish lady not to talk of marrying one.. if na me.. na me go assist you pack your load from my house..
emorse:

I was thinking of a nice way to say this. If na me ehn, we no go even reach the stage to pay for anything. If there's ever a need for "I", "My" or "Mine" in a home, it should not be for something as big as a house.

Had this same argument with some colleagues recently. The moment I hear that my wife owns a personal house, she leaves mine! I mean, is she playing safe while I'm giving my all?

We can both own 20 houses if the means is available (regardless of if I paid 100% or not). They will be all OURS.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Romanoff(f): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Tradepunter2:

I have joy you will never amount to.... I have served and protected your sorry arses and all your family for a life time and still doing so on different war fronts...

And in a private capacity I have actively protected 30 women from domestic violence and who were victims of domestic violence...

And I can say with strong confidence majority of women don't deserve good men and always seem to be attracted to men who see you guys as worthless....

This ladies case is a case we see and put in the bottom drawer because from profiling she's the type that will walk into their problem

It's heart breaking to see the generation of women getting worse with character and attitude problems...

So my dear till you walk in my shoes, I will advice you sit and listen when experience is talking ok.

Your experience fit pass my own and e for no pass.

Make una dey calm down as una dey comment.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by ugodson(m): 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest:

I would have insulted you but like u said you have cried enough even if i wanted you to cry little more.
Firstly wetin u dey find for his phone? I bet you, you were looking for a ladys text/WhatsApp messages. Sincerely which would you prefer he took your money or his sleeping around. His your husband thank God say no be woman, she would have replaced you in your matrimonial HOME is then you eill cry blood. madam forgive him and go back home. CHIKENA
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Gkay1(m): 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
redseason:

Most sensible comment!
Your husband’s sin is stealing from his wife. It’s shameful cos it’s like stealing from your own self! That aside;
You never saw yourself as part of his team. You wanted to conceal your selfishness, but the self in you still could not be totally masked. You could glorify the occasional 100k, 50k, 20k you put in the house project. Mama, you are not the first! And fyi, in terms of ratio, your contribution will most definitely amount to less than 5% of entire project cost. A modest 3 bedroom house will gulf at least 15m.
So many missing dots; is the family house solely in his name or your both names, because I now wonder the rationale you wanted something solely on your name alone? Has this husband been a provider or a deadbeat? Who bought your car? Have you ever misappropriated funds he gave to you? Got married at 22, did you move into his house with money or he set you up?
God bless you
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Burgerlomo: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Yes he's absolutely right, there's no crime in husband collecting money from his wife but not the way he did it, what he did is a betrayal of trust and I believe he's going to bring the roof down if you're the one who did that to him, he's just a fucking shameless man.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by bastardson: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Riverrun:

Though you said no insult, I am sorry I would still insult you. YOU ARE A FOOLISH WOMAN.

If I was your husband, the day you packed out is the day the marriage ends for real. So when your children grow and ask you why you left their father then you open your mouth to say this nonsense you wrote up there.

Just imagine this rubbish, what your husband did was business though as family he was not supposed to add something in your case.
But all the same, the 200k he collected is still in the family.

Your husband does things for you with his money, this is normal to you.
Him benefiting from your money should not be a reason for you to throw tantrums. If you check well how he spent the money you will still see that more than 60% of that money was consumed by you directly or indirectly.

You go about disgracing your family for paltry sum. Something that can be resolved in-house, now everyone knows how wicked, unforgiving and stingy you are that even your husband had to lie to get something from you.

You are pregnant now you remember your children needs a father in their life. Why don't your money play the role of a father?

See if you know you are coming back without forgetting that matter totally you better remain where you are. Don't come and give that man headache. The poor man must have thought he married a help meet.

Infact you are vexing me, go.
For her to even request for the account details of the seller rather than sending it to her Husband account so he can pay and be respected as a Man shows how selfish, wicked, callous and unkind she’s to the Man.. God forbid my path cut across her kind..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Beverlyjean:

U are a terrible woman ...u have an unforgiving spirit that need serious deliverance... so what if ur husband had 200k to himself ?? Wudnt he still spend it on u and the kids ?? And whats the thing with i want to purchase the land myself , ... u are what every man should runaway from ... u dont even deserve a man .... ur husband actually married a bad woman
Perfectly said.
Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by goodmike7: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
DEAR OP
PLEASE DONT FORGIVE YOUR HUSBAND OOO..NEVER
YOU ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL AND FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT..YOU ARE VERY HOLY AND WITHOUT MISTAKE AND MEN WILL TROOP IN THEIR NUMBERS TO MARRY YOU AFTER YOU GIVE BIRTH.
YOU DONT NEED YOUR HUSBAND AND WHEN YOU REMARRY, IF THE GUY TOUCHES YOUR PURSE, PLEASE LEAVE TOO AND RENT ANOTHER APARTMENT WITH YOUR KIDS.
YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ABHORS YOU FOR 2 MONTHS WITHOUT REACHING OUT TO YOUR HUSBAND
YOU HAVE A FATHER WHO ENCOURAGES YOU NOT TO GO BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND, VERY SUPPORTIVE FAMILY.
YOU DONT NEED A MAN.
I LIKE YOUR COMPETITIVE SPIRIT OF OWNING YOUR THINHS AND 200K IS WAY WORTH A DIVORCE FROM A MAN WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT A PROPERTY, ENCOURAGED YOU YO BUY IT AND GAVE YOU THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION IN YOUR NAME OOO.

WELL DONE.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Brunosamel(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
advanceDNA:
Tables have turned.....this is something women do on a normal day but they cant take it..... thank God you are doing well...enjoy yourself ....you dont need a husband anyway
Wrong advice bro some women have done worst but their husband still overlooks it. What so difficult of her forgiving the young man.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by RealTrump: 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Registeredguest

Let's assume u r EXTREMELY lucky and u find another man to marry you, u think that person is an Angel Gabriel that has no faults?

Don't let those boys in your DM fool you by telling u u are beautiful n liking your photos, they r not ready to take responsibility let alone a woman with two kids. But since Ooni is doing bonanza, 10th wife fit reach u.

I am not convinced your husband shd take u back but since u have an opening, behave yourself n move back. Stop over-stretching your luck.

I don't ever wish to meet someone like you who place their useless pride their relationship.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Godada(m): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2022

I have a family friend. His dad left his numerous businesses to his young wife.

She displayed an astute understanding of how things had to be done.

In no time, they bought lands and built houses.

While all these happened, she clandestinely went ahead to build a duplex for her own parents.

Towards the completion, the husband found out. He was gutted.

But here is the amazing thing.

He gave his wife his blessings to spare no cost to see that the house was not just built but furnished.

On the dedication day, he personally handed the keys to his in-laws.

He bought his wife undying loyalty by not turning against her.

Till day, she controls the family money......she is damn good at that.

Here is the thing.

The young lady is immature to be in a relationship talk less of a marriage.

She is selfish and insolent. Your husband wants to cooperate with you, you want the whole property to yourself.

Your father in-law came all the way from the village to beg you and yet it's a uphill task to mend your marriage.

My neighbor's wife sponsored their marriage and heaven did not fall. She feeds the family, the world didn't not end. I don't support deadbeat dads here.

There is no I or me in marriage. Infact the informed couples say that they are having a baby if the wife is pregnant.

My distant uncle cooperates with the wife so much you can't tell who has the money. They are stinking rich.

She should go for marriage lessons.

Infact, of all the insults you hurled at your man no domestic violence. You should give him some credit.

There is a story of how another woman was scammed into marriage with a broke man.

She funded her marriage, fed him and somehow got him a job. She even helped him do his job.

She found out her fiancee doesn't even have a house or a property to his name.

Their honeymoon, hotel bills, all and sundry.... she pays. Yet she stayed no complains.

This guy even collects her salary from her.

He beats her too and even threatened to beat her in front of her dad. I believe this lady would exchanged her man for yours in a heartbeat.

This is marriage..... if you cannot stand the heat....stay out.

Here is the thing, no one is forcing you to stay on with a man if you don't want to. But you do need to grow up emotionally.

Your emotional intelligence needs a rehabilitation.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive Him? by Hamsongee07: 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Your happiness is Worth more than 200k forget about the money and forgive him. You have learnt your lesson against next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Family Of Girlfriend To KENPOLY Graduate Who Committed Suicide Speak Out / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.