Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner (52075 Views)

CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) / CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by courage89(m): 6:10am On Oct 21, 2022
So, the new owners have to pay only 50 billion naira to take control of the company. This is wrong in all ramifications. Old shareholders get screwed, while the new northern shareholders are smiling to the bank.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by BirtherOfKings(f): 6:53am On Oct 21, 2022
grin kiss kiss kiss kiss
At least the name will still be maintained and no sacking.. the next one to be sold is Opay and palmpay.

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Ekpekus(m): 6:57am On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Who are the owners of SCIL? How long would it take SCIL to repay the N1.305 trillion injected into the bank?

In all of these, I pity the small small shareholders of the old Skye Bank. All their investments has been completely wiped out with this 100% transfer of ownership to SCIL. If you’re not among the big shareholders that can appoint directors to the board of the bank, don’t waste your money buying the shares of a bank. When shit like this happens, you’re going to lose every single kobo you invested in the bank.
Bank shares na no go area... buy brewery, food related and oil companies shares

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by techWriter3: 7:16am On Oct 21, 2022
So the funds that politicians swiped tru bullon van have been used to acheive this ehn!
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by KunGioKehRah: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2022
Na WA oh!
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2022
This bank don suffer I swear

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by mastermaestro(m): 10:06am On Oct 21, 2022
gaby:
Emefiele don use corner betting buy bank.

If this clueless thief and the crackhead Attorney general no go jail after this administration, then Nigeria's case will be deemed truly irredeemable.

Those two must end up in jail in the near future. I have a strong feeling about this.
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by TheDictatorNd: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2022
Antyislam:
So the money that Tinubu stole tru bullon van have been used to acheive this ehn!
yes, added with the one peter obi stole to open an offshore account with his under age daughter's name

3 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by TheDictatorNd: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2022
chris4gold:
Skye to Polaris, now to... grin
polarise or magma
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Benekkk: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2022
chris4gold:
Actually, trace the trail from Afribank (or IBWA) to Mainstreet, to Skye before Polaris. Pay your liabilities (gratuities) that are owed to former Afribank staff! The people who plundered those funds are still alive, protracted court proceedings will only delay the inevitable. Pay them their money!!!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Cmanforall: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2022
What!!! shocked

From Skyebank to Polaris and now...

What happens when one has not accessed the account since the transition from Skye bank?

I hope customers money will be safe
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by lailo: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2022
So the name of my new bank is S.C.I.L.B grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by treatise: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2022
dre11:
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has announced the completion of the sale of Polaris Bank. Osita Nwanisobi, CBN’s Director, Corporate Communications, disclosed this...

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-announces-sale-of-polaris-bank-unveils-new-owner

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by eminikansoso(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Who are the owners of SCIL? How long would it take SCIL to repay the N1.305 trillion injected into the bank?

In all of these, I pity the small small shareholders of the old Skye Bank. All their investments has been completely wiped out with this 100% transfer of ownership to SCIL. If you’re not among the big shareholders that can appoint directors to the board of the bank, don’t waste your money buying the shares of a bank. When shit like this happens, you’re going to lose every single kobo you invested in the bank.
It is only people with financial knowledge will understand this your message.
Imagine in this economic period, when the inflation is super high and exchange rate is nothing to write about.
In a sane country CBN governor will have voluntarily retired.
The other time he said he hope income from abroad remains above 90% of our GNP, I wonder if income abroad remains above 90% and we are clamoring for development of local sectors.
The man dey Bleep up well well with his economic policies
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by ArewaNorth: 10:23am On Oct 21, 2022
LegendHero:

The owner will be foreigners I guess.

The owner is from Gombe state. Last week conspiracy email leaked denying some Muslims going to Juma'at prayer was deliberately done to bring the bank down bank amidst taking over by new owners!
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2022
Who owns titans trust bank and SCIL?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Revolva(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Very useless bank LOL

I hope wema bank buys it or fcmb or sterling
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Sleyk: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2022
Them agree to pay N1.305 trillion abeg, my question is where will they get such money from?...abi they'll join access bank pattern. you sleep and wake up, N150 don comot.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by loucbou: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2022
Reliable Investment Program | Be an Investor from Anywhere | Find A Personal Loan Today
New Global Reserve LLC | Invest, Earn, Loan. From Short- To Long-Term Investments.

t h e n e w g l o b a l r e s e r v e . c o m
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by limcar: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2022
inoki247:
lol Yeye bank na so so debit dem dey debit the 2k wey I leave for the account since January...

Mak dm sha no sell my 2k join...
lol. Nasty man
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by maasoap(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Read first instead of rushing to comment.

Their investments was wiped when the management of Skye Bank decided to embark on fraudlent practices and share all the bank's capital among themselves.
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by maasoap(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2022
ArewaNorth:

The owner is from Gombe state. Last week conspiracy email leaked denying some Muslims going to Juma'at prayer was deliberately done to bring the bank down bank amidst taking over by new owners!

Deliberate? Like the new management didn't admit the discriminatory practices they brought in? What a good way for them to start?
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by friday2011(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2022
chris4gold:

Afribank....Skye bank... Polaris..."Batiris" cool

2 Likes

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by friday2011(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2022
chris4gold:

Afribank....Skye Bank... Polaris Bank...Batiris Bank
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Gbeng30(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2022
Let see how it goes... But why not reveal the name of the new owner or the CEO
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by baralatie(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2022
Ok
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Nyamuri: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2022
Haba! dan Gombe ne da gaske? That's why they purposely sent that email to cripple the bank sad undecided
ArewaNorth:

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Risentouch(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Can you enlighten me on this?
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by DSS1335: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

I was among the shareholders of the Skye bank. I invested my over N200k for about 20,000 units @ N11/share in 2010 with the hope of a brighter future, it all turned out to the most horrendous nightmares when the value began to nosedive to N1.50/ share. I counted my lost and liquidated all my other asset from banking secrors

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by seunmsg(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2022
DSS1335:

I was among the shareholders of the Skye bank. I invested my over N200k for about 20,000 units @ N11/share in 2010 with the hope of a brighter future, it all turned out to the most horrendous nightmares when the value began to nosedive to N1.50/ share. I counted my lost and liquidated all my other asset from banking secrors

You’re lucky to have salvaged sometime at N1.50/share. Those who held on to the shares can’t salvage anything. They’ve lost every single kobo they invested in the bank. Bank shares should be a no no to all small investors.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Business Can I Invest With N350K To Make N10K Profits Daily? / Jamil Abubakar Helps His Wife, Fatima Dangote Adjust Her Shoes / Jeff Bezos Becomes Richest Man In History With A Net Worth Of $211billion ( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.