Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner (52061 Views)

CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) / CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme / Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by lovinagbad: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
Antyislam:
So the money that Tinubu stole tru bullon van have been used to acheive this ehn!
Everything you must mention BAT. You see your life
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by DSS1335: 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

You’re lucky to have salvaged sometime at N1.50/share. Those who held on to the shares can’t salvage anything. They’ve lost every single kobo they invested in the bank. Bank shares should be a no no to all small investors.

I think you got it wrong. I didn't say i liquidated that specific skybank shares, rather i counted my loss because soon afterwards, the shares spiralled further to N0.5 and stokebroker told me it was no longer a tradable asset. Because the huge lost thought me a bitter lesson, i began liquidating my other assets in banking and insurance sectors that were red indications
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by seunmsg(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
DSS1335:

I think you got it wrong. I didn't say i liquidated that specific skybank shares, rather i counted my loss because soon afterwards, the shares spiralled further to N0.5 and stokebroker told me it was no longer a tradable asset. Because the huge lost thought me a bitter lesson, i began liquidating my other assets in banking and insurance sectors that were red indications

Oops! Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by DSS1335: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

Oops! Sorry bro.

Thanks and God bless you
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by STARGREEN(m): 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
miqos02:
what happens to previous shareholders investment?

Nothing.
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by DonroxyII: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2022
seunmsg:

N50billion is the full cost of acquiring 100% shares of Polaris bank. Yes, there is N1.3trillion bond to be repaid but how long will it take to pay this bond? Have the new owners of Keystone, Mainstreet and Enterprise bank paid bank the trillions CBN/AMCON used in bailing them out? Do they really pay this money back in reality?

In addition to inheriting the liabilities of the bank, they also inherited the assets and liquidity of the bank. Since we don’t have access to the financial statement of the bank, we can’t determine if this is a good deal or just a gift to some friends or front of the CBN governor as the assets and liquidity may even cover the entire liability.
N50B can't be the full Consideration na grin ... Lol, How could N50b be the full consideration when there is Liabilities On the Books .... How do You value a Company leaving Out the Debt grin.... Didn't You read where the Article stated SCIL has agreed to the terms of the N1.3t Repayment ....

CBN/AMCON jobs is to Ensure the Bank didn't Liquidated and Keep it In Operations till it turns Profitable .... that's the Only way to Protect All Investors Both Public and Private!

They have done their Job in collaboration with AMCON and the Bank is still floating ...

Such Interventions would continue till the bank become Successful or else Merger would be the next Bit with Bigger Banks that has the Financial Muscles to dust the N1.3t... if SCIL messed Up, CBN/AMCON will take Over their Company thus Every Player Knows the Risks!

As for PaddyPaddy .... Big Businesses at the Top is PaddyPaddy My Brother cheesy.....

N1.3tn is not what You allow strangers to manage but who You Know, You won't rule it Out at the TopMost Top of Businesses grin....

The Sharks all Know themselves!
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Rick9(m): 1:35am On Oct 22, 2022
Polaris Bank should be merge with another bank
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Bigchristo: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

You’re talking rubbish. The new owner (SCIL) acquired Polaris bank 100%. There is absolutely nothing left for the shareholders of the old Skye bank; they lost all their investment completely. They won’t get a dime from the new owners.

By the SCIL bought Polaris bank from AMCON and not shareholders of skye bank. They have no legal obligation whatsoever to the shareholders of skye bank.
You’re the person talking rubbish with your unconfirmed rumors I communicated with a bank manager from this Polaris check his response and stop being stupid

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by seunmsg(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bigchristo:
You’re the person talking rubbish with your unconfirmed rumors I communicated with a bank manager from this Polaris check his response and stop being stupid

Ok.

1 Like

Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Bigchristo: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
seunmsg:

Ok.
Next time before you batch people always try to do your findings, you think CBN and AMCON are stupid not to understand that there are existing shareholders and people who invested their money into this bank before selling it? Some of us here claim to be too woke up and too educated but on a long run we make such silly blunders by acting like illiterate, there are rules and guidelines in acquiring a bank nobody will ever lose a dime if Polaris is sold to a new owner, even all worker there will be retained except for some few key offices that will be shaken down. Let’s be guided
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by Smartforexmgr: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2022
Are you interested in making sweatless profit from Forex Trading but donot have the trading knowledge and experience,

You can partner with Smart forex account management services.

We use a world class trading strategy and can mange your forex portfolio with uptimum results,

No service fee, only profit sharing

Daily profit and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

Contact us on telegram for more details.

(at)smartfxmgr
Re: CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner by seunmsg(m): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bigchristo:
Next time before you batch people always try to do your findings, you think CBN and AMCON are stupid not to understand that there are existing shareholders and people who invested their money into this bank before selling it? Some of us here claim to be too woke up and too educated but on a long run we make such silly blunders by acting like illiterate, there are rules and guidelines in acquiring a bank nobody will ever lose a dime if Polaris is sold to a new owner, even all worker there will be retained except for some few key offices that will be shaken down. Let’s be guided

Lol. Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamil Abubakar Helps His Wife, Fatima Dangote Adjust Her Shoes / Jeff Bezos Becomes Richest Man In History With A Net Worth Of $211billion ( Pix) / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.