Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? (2466 Views)

How Realistic Are Tinubu's Manifesto In Light Of Present Realities? / My Candid Observations On The Tinubu's Manifesto / Keyamo: APC Is United And Tinubu's Manifesto Is 90 Percent Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2022
Seeing the manifesto of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I was blown away by both the content and the quality of work that went into the preparation of the document. It shows seriousness and will definitely raise the bar of electioneering in Nigeria. Other contenders will now have to up their games or crash out of the race.

Thank you Tinubu for a well-prepared manifesto. It shows how seriously you take the business of governance.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
But it's not important now, what's more important is peter obi

Contact me for your content writing, plagiarism check up using Turnitin check for WhatsApp number below...

17 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by midehi2(f): 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Trash!

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Rubbish

Tinubu that doesn't believe in One Nigeria cannot make Nigeria better

He should start telling Nigerians why he called on the military to shoot at Endsars protesters at Lekki toll gate which lead to the death of many youths

13 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
darling2222:
But it's not important now, what's more important is peter obi

Peter Obi that can't put a strong manifesto together? Keep deceiving yourself... This Nigeria, not Anambra.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmyt2: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
The manifesto make sense sha

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
He did not mention how he intends to manage Nigeria's burgeoning debt and inflation

This present govt has fluffed our macroeconomics badly. One would expect that the candidate of the ruling party will look to correct those obvious ills

The foreign policy is also massively inadequate because it fails to mention how his administration will harness AfCFTA that this administration signed to improve Nigeria's trade opportunities on the African continent. Ghana for example just signed a trade agreement with Zambia. Nigeria is yet to find its footing in that regard. If nothing cogent is done, Nigeria runs the risk of becoming a dumping ground for African goods and also see an increase in smuggling activities in five to ten years due to AfCFTA

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by begoniaa: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
I think it is nonsense. lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Okoroawusa: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
An excellent manifesto

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Gentino(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
It was written by a hired political writer. Let him come out and tell us his manifestos without reading it from a manuscript.

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by begoniaa: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2022
Gentino:
It was written by a hired political writer. Let him come out and tell us his manifestos without reading it from a manuscript.

The only option we'll "accept" at this point.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by madapcmod: 3:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
He should give it to Buhari to implement or shove it under his hairy charcoal anus.

We won't reward a failed APC party with re-election.

If you fail, we kick u out

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
He did not mention how he intends to manage Nigeria's burgeoning debt and inflation

This present govt has fluffed our macroeconomics badly. One would expect that the candidate of the ruling party will look to correct those obvious ills

Inflation is a microcosm within a macrocosm (economy). Read his economic policies and that should answer your concerns around inflation.
You care so much about debt management when what should be your concern is our national revenue/GDP. If we become really productive and revenue goes up, what you call debt today is nothing. The US borrows trillions of dollars to fight wars in other countries and their citizens don't jump on the street shouting debt blah blah blah.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
Gentino:

And who stopped Obi or Atiku from doing the same? No president doesnt all things by himself and have all the ideas. Your power, as a president, is in the ability to envision and get people to bring that vision to reality. Tinubu just showed you an example of that - a trait of leadership.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Penguin2: 3:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Seeing the manifesto of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I was blown away by both the content and the quality of work that went into the preparation of the document. It shows seriousness and will definitely raise the bar of electioneering in Nigeria. Other contenders will now have to up their games or crash out of the race.

Thank you Tinubu for a well-prepared manifesto. It shows how seriously you take the business of governance.

What I think of Tinubu’s manifesto is that na mumu go believe Tinubu and his manifesto after all the lies they told in 2015 and later denied.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Inflation is a microcosm within a macrocosm (economy). Read his economic policies and that should answer your concerns around inflation.
You care so much about debt management when what should be your concern is our national revenue/GDP. If we become really productive and revenue goes up, what you call debt today is nothing. The US borrows trillions of dollars to fight wars in other countries and their citizens don't jump on the street shouting debt blah blah blah.
Not correct! Inflation is a macroeconomic variable. I don't know what you mean by microcosm within a microcosm. It sounds vague. Can you expatiate better? Inflation has become the frontline economic issue all over the world presently. UK just lost a Prime Minister who got her hands burnt when her ideas on how to combat the effects of a 40year high inflation failed. If a government coming in is not thinking of steps to curb inflation, then that government is going to be really short on options on other policies like subsidy removal for example.

Debt management for a third world nation that depends almost solely on oil is a given. Again, I don't know what you mean by saying I care so much about debt who doesn't? Even the US does!!
From the manifesto, it seems your candidate is looking towards Agriculture as an alternative to oil to shore up our revenue. However, this present administration adopted same approach when it came in 2015 and so far, has achieved little if not nothing in that regard. It is incumbent on Mr Tinubu to tell us how he intends to do things differently from his present occupant from the same party if he intends to adopt same Agriculture.
Back to debt management. Even if our revenue rises, if we do not manage our debt servicing and borrowing, we will still be in the same spot. This is because if debt servicing increases at a rate far above your revenue, you will end up looking like a circus like the present administration is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
Penguin2:

What I think of Tinubu’s manifesto is that na mumu go believe Tinubu and his manifesto after all the lies they told in 2015 and later denied.

Man face the truth...
- APC promised infrastructure and delivered. If the PDP in 16 years did half of what the APC did in 8 years, we won't be where we are today.

- APC promised improved power supply and they are delivering on that promise too. Power supply is better across many locations in Nigeria compared to the time of the PDP - 16 years and more darkness

- APC promised security and they are delivering on it.

- APC promised to improve the value of naira and they failed in that area - many countries of the world is failing in this area. Ghana currency lost 40% of its value this year alone. And a consuming nation where importation, championed by the likes Obi is the standard thing, the naira can't improve.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Not correct! Inflation is a macroeconomic variable. I don't know what you mean by microcosm within a microcosm. It sounds vague. Can you expatiate better? Inflation has become the frontline economic issue all over the world presently. UK just lost a Prime Minister who got her hands burnt when her ideas on how to combat the effects of a 40year high inflation failed. If a government coming in is not thinking of steps to curb inflation, then that government is going to be really short on options on other policies like subsidy removal for example.

Debt management for a third world nation that depends almost solely on oil is a given. Again, I don't know what you mean by saying I care so much about debt who doesn't? Even the US does!!
From the manifesto, it seems your candidate is looking towards Agriculture as an alternative to oil to shore up our revenue. However, this present administration adopted same approach when it came in 2015 and so far, has achieved little if not nothing in that regard. It is incumbent on Mr Tinubu to tell us how he intends to do things differently from his present occupant from the same party if he intends to adopt same Agriculture.
Back to debt management. Even if our revenue rises, if we do not manage our debt servicing and borrowing, we will still be in the same spot. This is because if debt servicing increases at a rate far above your revenue, you will end up looking like a circus like the present administration is.

Inflation doesn't have a life of its own or operates on its own. Inflation comes from fundamental economic issues and is essentially a symptom of those issues. To address inflation, you need to address the fundamental economic issue(s) causing it. For example, if the supply of a product is lower than the demand and thereby causing a price increase, you have to address the supply issue. The exchange rate is a perfect example here. We will be talking about how to push up our foreign earnings by exporting more and importing less.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Bro, Tinubu is a brilliant and visionary leader. Our Awolowo of today. His manifesto will always be brilliant. Others can deliver sensible manifesto too.

Ask me about what troubles you today and I may deliver solutions that may wow you. All averagely intelligent people have the capacity to do that.

Yet this is not the issue for Nigeria. Our problem is vested interest of a few very strong and powerful cabals and interest groups who are solidly entrenched enough to ensure Nigeria cannot make progress because they feel they need billions their generations unborn cannot spend in ten lifetimes.

What Nigerians should be excited about is that Tinubu is the only leader with the capacity and sagacity to get 85 to 90% manifesto implementation as President.

Obi cannot even gain 5% manifesto implementation because he is a weakling and coward incapable of cowering anyone to get his way.

Atiku and Kwankwaso will automatically prioritize pro-North manifestos, that would be dead on arrival for Nigeria, when nationally progressive plans are what we need. Nigerians should shun sentiments and bigotry to vote wisely.

11 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:
Bro, Tinubu is a brilliant and visionary leader. Our Awolowo of today. His manifesto will always be brilliant. Others can deliver sensible manifesto too.

Ask me about what troubles you today and I may deliver solutions that may wow you. All averagely intelligent people have the capacity to do that.

Yet this is not the issue for Nigeria. Our problem is vested interest of a few very strong and powerful cabals and interest groups who are solidly entrenched enough to ensure Nigeria cannot make progress because they feel they need billions their generations unborn cannot spend in ten lifetimes.

What Nigerians should be excited about is that Tinubu is the only leader with the capacity and sagacity to get 85 to 90% manifesto implementation as President.

Obi cannot even gain 5% manifesto implementation because he is a weakling and coward incapable of cowering anyone to get his way.

Atiku and Kwankwaso will automatically prioritize pro-North manifestos, that would be dead on arrival for Nigeria, when nationally progressive plans are what we need. Nigerians should shun sentiments and bigotry to vote wisely.

Brilliant! I agree

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
As someone who has been an advocate of resource control and true federalism for a very long time, a major plank of which he constantly bickered with the OBJ government, I find it disheartening that restructuring of our federal structure is totally absent from his manifesto.
Also, under the decentralization and federalism tab of the manifesto, he didn't mention state policing which has become a major talking point.
Resource control which is a very strong plank of decentralization is also absent. I think no one should expect a departure from the old order if this manifesto is truly a manifestation of what to expect if Tinubu wins.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
As someone who has been an advocate of resource control and true federalism for a very long time, a major plank of which he constantly bickered with the OBJ government, I find it disheartening that restructuring of our federal structure is totally absent from his manifesto.
Also, under the decentralization and federalism tab of the manifesto, he didn't mention state policing which has become a major talking point.
Resource control which is a very strong plank of decentralization is also absent. I think no one should expect a departure from the old order if this manifesto is truly a manifestation of what to expect if Tinubu wins.

What is your own definition of restructuring?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by David160(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's in the manifesto
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by David160(m): 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
Though I support Peter obi

Tinubu has a solid manifesto

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Penguin2: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Man face the truth...
- APC promised infrastructure and delivered. If the PDP in 16 years did half of what the APC did in 8 years, we won't be where we are today.

- APC promised improved power supply and they are delivering on that promise too. Power supply is better across many locations in Nigeria compared to the time of the PDP - 16 years and more darkness

- APC promised security and they are delivering on it.

- APC promised to improve the value of naira and they failed in that area - many countries of the world is failing in this area. Ghana currency lost 40% of its value this year alone. And a consuming nation where importation, championed by the likes Obi is the standard thing, the naira can't improve.

APC failed woefully in all the things they promised.

Incase you’ve forgotten, APC campaigned on 3 cardinal point… Security, Economy and Corruption.

Would you say that security is better today than when Buhari was sworn in?

Can you say that the economy is better today than when Buhari was sworn in?

Can you say corruption has been reduced to below what it was when Buhari was sworn in?

Must we continue to make excuses for Buhari’s failure with global economic issues?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by kk2027: 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
David160:
Though I support Peter obi

Tinubu has a solid manifesto

Which yeye manifesto?

Apc promised heaven on earth in 2015 only to turn around and deny the entire promises. Their argument was that we should show them a video where they made such promises.

This time, same pattern, have you seen Tinubu coming on TV to talk to the press?

I didnt even bother looking at the yeye manifesto knowing fully well they're all well crafted lies that will be denied later if we buy into it
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by ElSudani: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
Only a true zombie wouldn't be impressed and hopeful.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Afamed: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
The Best I have seen so far
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by nameo: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Until Tinubu himself can come on TV LIVE and talk to Nigerians about his Manifesto by himself, the Manifesto is just a joke.

We do not need a President who will deny what is in his own Manifesto cos he said we didnt hear it from him. Buhari is enough for one Life time

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Peter Obi that can't put a strong manifesto together? Keep deceiving yourself... This Nigeria, not Anambra.
TINUBU NYASH FOR U JARE

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
begoniaa:

The only option we'll "accept" at this point.
As simple as that, somebody hiding under his bed with pampers

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Penguin2:

APC failed woefully in all the things they promised.

Incase you’ve forgotten, APC campaigned on 3 cardinal point… Security, Economy and Corruption.

Would you say that security is better today than when Buhari was sworn in?

Can you say that the economy is better today than when Buhari was sworn in?

Can you say corruption has been reduced to below what it was when Buhari was sworn in?

Must we continue to make excuses for Buhari’s failure with global economic issues?

grin grin grin

You think you can solve economic issues without addressing infrastructure issues first? You can't build something on nothing and your economy can't operate in a vacuum. Also, our economy is not yet insulated from the global economic headwinds and therefore, most of what we complain about are not caused by local problems - COVID, War in Ukraine, etc. Even in France today, everybody is on the streets protesting and asking their government to do something. UK and US are facing similar crisis as we speak.

Regarding security, yes is better today than 2015. It's unfortunate that we forget so soon.

- Boko haram were attacking places in Abuja (e.g. UN building, Thisday office, etc) killing many people
- Boko hara even attacked Aso Rock villa
- Bomb blast in Kano, Burno, etc used to happen daily pre-2015
- Boko haram already annexed 17 local government and mounted their flags there
- Kidnapping was also even happening in Lagos here at the time

I can continue to list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Demands Sack Of INEC Chairman As Conditions For A Rerun / Another Yoruba Man Comes Out As Tinubu's Classmate At CSU / Tinubu's supporter posts on exchange rate during GEJ vs BAT [Pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.