Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? (2533 Views)

How Realistic Are Tinubu's Manifesto In Light Of Present Realities? / My Candid Observations On The Tinubu's Manifesto / Keyamo: APC Is United And Tinubu's Manifesto Is 90 Percent Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

And who stopped Obi or Atiku from doing the same? No president doesnt all things by himself and have all the ideas. Your power, as a president, is in the ability to envision and get people to bring that vision to reality. Tinubu just showed you an example of that - a trait of leadership.

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Man face the truth...
- APC promised infrastructure and delivered. If the PDP in 16 years did half of what the APC did in 8 years, we won't be where we are today.

- APC promised improved power supply and they are delivering on that promise too. Power supply is better across many locations in Nigeria compared to the time of the PDP - 16 years and more darkness

- APC promised security and they are delivering on it.

- APC promised to improve the value of naira and they failed in that area - many countries of the world is failing in this area. Ghana currency lost 40% of its value this year alone. And a consuming nation where importation, championed by the likes Obi is the standard thing, the naira can't improve.

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:
Bro, Tinubu is a brilliant and visionary leader. Our Awolowo of today. His manifesto will always be brilliant. Others can deliver sensible manifesto too.

Ask me about what troubles you today and I may deliver solutions that may wow you. All averagely intelligent people have the capacity to do that.

Yet this is not the issue for Nigeria. Our problem is vested interest of a few very strong and powerful cabals and interest groups who are solidly entrenched enough to ensure Nigeria cannot make progress because they feel they need billions their generations unborn cannot spend in ten lifetimes.

What Nigerians should be excited about is that Tinubu is the only leader with the capacity and sagacity to get 85 to 90% manifesto implementation as President.

Obi cannot even gain 5% manifesto implementation because he is a weakling and coward incapable of cowering anyone to get his way.

Atiku and Kwankwaso will automatically prioritize pro-North manifestos, that would be dead on arrival for Nigeria, when nationally progressive plans are what we need. Nigerians should shun sentiments and bigotry to vote wisely.

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Inflation doesn't have a life of its own or operates on its own. Inflation comes from fundamental economic issues and is essentially a symptom of those issues. To address inflation, you need to address the fundamental economic issue(s) causing it. For example, if the supply of a product is lower than the demand and thereby causing a price increase, you have to address the supply issue. The exchange rate is a perfect example here. We will be talking about how to push up our foreign earnings by exporting more and importing less.

Oh Ok. I understand you now. But he did not identify any fundamental issue that is causing the inflation, neither did he propose any solution to the structural issues of our macroeconomics such as weak exchange rate, cost of governance, debt management, cost of living etc.

So you are still agreeing that he is not thinking about Nigeria's present challenges like I said

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
nameo:
Until Tinubu himself can come on TV LIVE and talk to Nigerians about his Manifesto by himself, the Manifesto is just a joke.

We do not need a President who will deny what is in his own Manifesto cos he said we didnt hear it from him. Buhari is enough for one Life time
Exactly what I hv being wait to hear from d pampers wearer himself but urchins no go allow us hear word. Person wey run during ICAN conference for his back yard, man wey no fit lift ordinary party flag na manifesto en go cum Read for u. Infact Tinubu nyash for all dem urchins

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Oh Ok. I understand you now. But he did not identify any fundamental issue that is causing the inflation, neither did he propose any solution to the structural issues of our macroeconomics such as weak exchange rate, cost of governance, debt management, cost of living etc.

So you are still agreeing that he is not thinking about Nigeria's present challenges like I said

He did... He can't talk about inflation in isolation. He talks about turning Nigeria into a production economy (through industrialization) where we export more and import less. Into a country where we produce what we need.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by whofoolwho: 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Seeing the manifesto of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I was blown away by both the content and the quality of work that went into the preparation of the document. It shows seriousness and will definitely raise the bar of electioneering in Nigeria. Other contenders will now have to up their games or crash out of the race.

Thank you Tinubu for a well-prepared manifesto. It shows how seriously you take the business of governance.Yesoo,like in 2014/15 Apc campaign.please he should please deliver the ones he promised us earlier in 2014/15 before talking about this one.If someone borrow money from you and the person never pay you,come back wan borrow money from you again,Abeg you go give am.

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by techWriter3: 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
littering!
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by whofoolwho: 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
[quote author=emmanuelbrown26 post=117757694][/quote]As he has been leading Apc with their government and we can see all the promises Tinubu made with his Apc actualized.If you can show proof that Tinubu Apc promises made by Tinubu himself has been actualized, I will send my PVC to you.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by feedthenation(m): 5:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
---What are BAT plans for fuel subsidy---
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by emmanuelbrown26: 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
whofoolwho:
As he has been leading Apc with their government and we can see all the promises Tinubu made with his Apc actualized.If you can show proof that Tinubu Apc promises made by Tinubu himself has been actualized, I will send my PVC to you.
What does kick and start know? A man that can't lift ordinary party flag is vying for president no bi juju bi that
Just look at somebody vying for that position

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

He did... He can't talk about inflation in isolation. He talks about turning Nigeria into a production economy (through industrialization) where we export more and import less. Into a country where we produce what we need.

Turning Nigeria into a production economy does not necessarily deal with inflation. Most industrialized nation of the world are also battling with inflation presently. What being a production economy does is provide jobs (which can even worsen inflation if not properly balanced) and increase govt revenue in terms of taxes and royalties.

It seems you view production economy as a one-size-fits-all panacea. That will be narrow and wrong. It will do us a lot of good no doubt but will not solve our immediate problem which as I said, is inflation and public debt. For Tinubu to not realize that shows he is not in tune with our present realities as you have to realize you can't remove subsidies without putting our inflation under control. And that is something even this present govt is saying will end by June 2023 when Tinubu will be one month in office if he wins

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Turning Nigeria into a production economy does not necessarily deal with inflation. Most industrialized nation of the world are also battling with inflation presently. What being a production economy does is provide jobs (which can even worsen inflation if not properly balanced) and increase govt revenue in terms of taxes and royalties.

It seems you view the production economy as a one-size-fits-all panacea. That will be narrow and wrong. It will do us a lot of good no doubt but will not solve our immediate problem which as I said, is inflation and public debt. For Tinubu to not realize that shows he is not in tune with our present realities

If the US, UK, and Europe are not fighting a war (in Ukraine) that is affecting energy supply, we won't be talking about inflation at this time in those countries.

Again, it is all about demand and supply.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

If the US, UK, and Europe are not fighting a war in Ukraine that is affecting the energy supply from Russia, we won't be talking about inflation at this time.

Again, it is all about demand and supply.

No. I disagree. Go back and check the figures. Inflation was already prevalent before Ukraine happened. Ukraine only worsened it.

One also wonders what concerns Nigeria's inflation with Ukraine

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

No. I disagree. Go back and check the figures. Inflation was already prevalent before Ukraine happened. Ukraine only worsened it.

One also wonders what concerns Nigeria's inflation with Ukraine

Bro, there was COVID-19 lockdown which wrecked the economy of most countries. It actually started from that.

Of course, the war in Ukraine should have been a blessing to Nigeria but we didn't make the right investment and position ourselves for a time like this. Now, we're just building a pipeline to convey our gas to europe. We should have done that during the 16 years of the PDP.

Also, we import about 40% of the grains we consume from Ukraine/Russia. It's unfortunate despite all the expansive farmland we have.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:
Bro, Tinubu is a brilliant and visionary leader. Our Awolowo of today. His manifesto will always be brilliant. Others can deliver sensible manifesto too.

Ask me about what troubles you today and I may deliver solutions that may wow you. All averagely intelligent people have the capacity to do that.

Yet this is not the issue for Nigeria. Our problem is vested interest of a few very strong and powerful cabals and interest groups who are solidly entrenched enough to ensure Nigeria cannot make progress because they feel they need billions their generations unborn cannot spend in ten lifetimes.

What Nigerians should be excited about is that Tinubu is the only leader with the capacity and sagacity to get 85 to 90% manifesto implementation as President.

Obi cannot even gain 5% manifesto implementation because he is a weakling and coward incapable of cowering anyone to get his way.

Atiku and Kwankwaso will automatically prioritize pro-North manifestos, that would be dead on arrival for Nigeria, when nationally progressive plans are what we need. Nigerians should shun sentiments and bigotry to vote wisely.

I would have said you have a point if not that Tinubu is the poster boy of the oligarchs you described. Everyone knows how he runs Lagos. Yet you expect him to turn saint when he gets to the most powerful office. Is this innocent blind optimism or deliberate political pandering?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Isokiscool(m): 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Yorubas will argue that Tinubu is d best,Ibos will argue with Obi while Hausa/Fulani will argue for Atiku...Nigeria is highly divided
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

What is your own definition of restructuring?

Resource control, Fiscal federalism, State policing, decentralization of govt powers, LG and judiciary autonomy, regionalization etc. I suspect it is wilful ignorance on your part to claim not to know what restructuring is. Same restructuring your party shouted all over the airwaves pre-2015.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
David160:

It's in the manifesto

Where? What page?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Resource control, Fiscal federalism, State policing, decentralization of govt powers, LG and judiciary autonomy, regionalization etc. I suspect it is wilful ignorance on your part to claim not to know what restructuring is. Same restructuring your party shouted all over the airwaves pre-2015.

All those requires constitutional amendments. A president can't just promise that... it goes beyond him and requires the agreement of all the federating units. Even if we the southerners say we want resource control and the northern states say NO, it is NO. So, we need to be guided and pursue it diplomatically.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
The unveiling of the manifesto is currently ongoing. Watch it here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JDhgf45sI
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by seunmsg(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Below is the opinion of a well known Peter Obi supporter. I have nothing to add to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by fergie001: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Outline.the points, let's critique them.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Bro, there was COVID-19 lockdown which wrecked the economy of most countries. It actually started from that.

Of course, the war in Ukraine should have been a blessing to Nigeria but we didn't make the right investment and position ourselves for a time like this. Now, we're just building a pipeline to convey our gas to europe. We should have done that during the 16 years of the PDP.

Also, we import about 40% of the grains we consume from Ukraine/Russia. It's unfortunate despite all the expansive farmland we have.

Before COVID, Nigeria was already battling inflation. Other countries were Ok. True. But COVID was not the cause of inflation. Inflation occurred as a result of countries printing money to finance their budgets. Nigeria also did same despite our already biting inflation.

Good you agree Ukraine war should have been a blessing to us now. But you missed it by blaming 16 years of PDP. Why will PDP build a gas pipe to Europe? At what cost? Can Nigeria compete with Russian gas supply to Europe?

In 2011-2014, we benefitted from high oil prices despite not habing a gas pipeline to Europe. So what changed that we need a gas pipeline before we can benefit from rising global oil prices like other oil producing countries.

Newsflash. Under this govt, Angola overtook Nigeria as the top oil producer in Africa. Angola don't have a gas pipeline to Europe. This is a bumbling failure of a govt. Simple!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Image123(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
madapcmod:
He should give it to Buhari to implement or shove it under his hairy charcoal anus.

We won't reward a failed APC party with re-election.

If you fail, we kick u out

But you guys have been celebrating how Buhari "scammed" or neglected Tinubu or is not listening to Tinubu or is not supporting Tinubu?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Before COVID, Nigeria was already battling inflation. Other countries were Ok. True. But COVID was not the cause of inflation. Inflation occurred as a result of countries printing money to finance their budgets. Nigeria also did same despite our already biting inflation.

Good you agree Ukraine war should have been a blessing to us now. But you missed it by blaming 16 years of PDP. Why will PDP build a gas pipe to Europe? At what cost? Can Nigeria compete with Russian gas supply to Europe?

In 2011-2014, we benefitted from high oil prices despite not habing a gas pipeline to Europe. So what changed that we need a gas pipeline before we can benefit from rising global oil prices like other oil producing countries.

Newsflash. Under this govt, Angola overtook Nigeria as the top oil producer in Africa. Angola don't have a gas pipeline to Europe. This is a bumbling failure of a govt. Simple!!

With the right financing, we could have done it. Where would the money have come from? Yet, Obj gave billions of dollars away in the name of debt repayment even when we needed money to build a good country. Today, we're building the pipeline. Where did the government get the money from?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

All those requires constitutional amendments. A president can't just promise that... it goes beyond him and requires the agreement of all the federating units. Even if we the southerners say we want resource control and the northern states say NO, it is NO. So, we need to be guided and pursue it diplomatically.

That means ultimately Tinubu is not coming to do anything different from what Buhari is doing then. Cause Buhari blamed NASs for his inability to perform in his first term.

It also seems as if you have not read the manifesto because he has constitutional review under Federalism, page 69 exactly. So what you are saying is Tinubu is promising what he cannot fulfill.

It is also interesting he is talking about social investments like conditional cash transfer and other social investment programs which will ultimately increase our deficit and debt. You see why I said he is not in tune with our present realities? Same social investment that have become an eyesore under this govt!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

That means ultimately Tinubu is not coming to do anything different from what Buhari is doing then. Cause Buhari blamed NASs for his inability to perform in his first term.

It also seems as if you have not read the manifesto because he has constitutional review under Federalism, page 69 exactly. So what you are saying is Tinubu is promising what he cannot fulfill.

It is also interesting he is talking about social investments like conditional cash transfer and other social investment programs which will ultimately increase our deficit and debt. You see why I said he is not in tune with our present realities? Same social investment that have become an eyesore under this govt!!

Tinubu didn't promise resource control or whatever you call it. He only promised to empower the states and local government financially through the restructuring of federal allocations.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

With the right financing, we could have done it. Where would the money have come from? Yet, Obj gave billions of dollars away in the name of debt repayment even when we needed money to build a good country. Today, we're building the pipeline. Where did the government get the money from?

It makes practically no economic sense for a country thousands of miles away from Europe to build a gas pipeline when countries like Morocco and Egypt that are closer to them have not. Like I said, do a cost benefit analysis of that and see if it can work. No serious financial institution will support it. What you're saying is that you want to compete with the Nord Stream pipeline. Do you realize Russian gas is the cheapest in the world?

Where is the pipeline? Who is building it? And to which country exactly is it being built?

Nigeria needs to ramp up her crude production to meet her quota and make money. We are not making money as we should from crude production you are talking about gas! Qatar and Dubai are closer to Europe than we are and they also have gas. It makes no economic sense to base our economic recovery on a gas pipeline to Europe

I've listened to that argument against debt repayment lots of time and I find it annoyingly dishonest. If we did not pay off our debts, do you think this govt would have been able to borrow like it did? Do you think the Chinese would have offered to build the rails you all are praising Buhari for? What do you think our credit rating and debt worthiness will look like now if we still had Paris and London debtors on our necks? C'mon. Don't just believe every tale you're told

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Tinubu didn't promise resource control or whatever you call it. He only promised to empower the states and local government financially through the restructuring of federal allocations.

That he did not promise resource control means he has betrayed fiscal federalism he used to argue for against OBJ and PDP

Empowering states and LGs is not a new idea. OBJ did it. 13% derivation is also an offshoot of that. What states like Akwa Ibom wanted and never got is resource control. Same with Lagos. If Tinubu will not even entertain the idea, how is he different from Buhari?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It makes practically no economic sense for a country thousands of miles away from Europe to build a gas pipeline when countries like Morocco and Egypt that are closer to them have not. Like I said, do a cost benefit analysis of that and see if it can work. No serious financial institution will support it. What you're saying is that you want to compete with the Nord Stream pipeline. Do you realize Russian gas is the cheapest in the world?

Where is the pipeline? Who is building it? And to which country exactly is it being built?

Nigeria needs to ramp up her crude production to meet her quota and make money. We are not making money as we should from crude production you are talking about gas! Qatar and Dubai are closer to Europe than we are and they also have gas. It makes no economic sense to base our economic recovery on a gas pipeline to Europe

What do you think is the distance between Russia and most European countries? Also what you don't know is there are many other countries along the path from Nigeria to Europe and many of them have even made commitments to purchase gas from us when completed. Therefore, while Europe is the final destination, there are many other consumers along the way from Niger to North African countries to Mediterranean countries and finally to European countries. When completed, we won't have to flare gas again.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

That he did not promise resource control means he has betrayed fiscal federalism he used to argue for against OBJ and PDP

Empowering states and LGs is not a new idea. OBJ did it. 13% derivation is also an offshoot of that. What states like Akwa Ibom wanted and never got is resource control. Same with Lagos. If Tinubu will not even entertain the idea, how is he different from Buhari?

OBJ didn't empower local governments. As a matter of fact, Obj put the local governments under the state for political reasons. That was what killed the local government, taking government away from the people and leaving local governments in abject poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OBIdients In Ogun State Hold Car Rally For Peter Obi & Labour Party (Pictures) / Anambra State Deputy Governor Confronts Nigeria Army Over Road Blocks / Oyibo Chukwu: Chimaroke Tweets Since His Rival Demise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.