Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,291 members, 7,850,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? (2523 Views)

How Realistic Are Tinubu's Manifesto In Light Of Present Realities? / My Candid Observations On The Tinubu's Manifesto / Keyamo: APC Is United And Tinubu's Manifesto Is 90 Percent Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

What do you think is the distance between Russia and most European countries? Also what you don't know is there are many other countries along the path from Nigeria to Europe and many of them have even made commitments to purchase gas from us when completed. Therefore, while Europe is the final destination, there are many other consumers along the way from Niger to North African countries to Mediterranean countries and finally to European countries. When completed, we won't have to flare gas again.

I would think we will be more concerned about gas for domestic consumption before stretching our necks to Europe. How do we become a production economy without energy?
How do we get clean energy to our homes and preserve the environment from church rats who eat poisoned holy communion if we can't get affordable and available cooking gas to our people. Charity should begin from home.

See, most of those countries along the Sahara have very high gas reserves too. Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, Libya have the highest gas reserves in Africa. Egypt, Libya and Algeria are closer to Europe than we are

Russia, Iran, Qatar have highest gas reserves in the world, far higher than Nigeria's and are closer to Europe.

Wait. Is Russia not an European country? I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I would think we will be more concerned about gas for domestic consumption before stretching our necks to Europe. How do we become a production economy without energy?
How do we get clean energy to our homes and preserve the environment from church rats who eat poisoned holy communion if we can't get affordable and available cooking gas to our people. Charity should begin from home.

See, most of those countries along the Sahara have very high gas reserves too. Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, Libya have the highest gas reserves in Africa. Egypt, Libya and Algeria are closer to Europe than we are

Russia, Iran, Qatar have highest gas reserves in the world, far higher than Nigeria's and are closer to Europe.

Wait. Is Russia not an European country? I don't understand.

Russians don't see themselves as part of Europe. The reason we're talking about fight over Ukraine joining European Union or NATO
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

OBJ didn't empower local governments. As a matter of fact, Obj put the local governments under the state for political reasons. That was what killed the local government, taking government away from the people and leaving local governments in abject poverty.
When did I say OBJ empowered LGs?
It's also flat out not true that OBJ put LGs under states? Was it OBJ who created LCDAs? Fayemi said sometimes last year that the Constitution does not recognize LGs as federating units. It is govs that killed LGs. Successive govs be it APC or PDP or even APGA under Obi.
What left LGs in abject poverty is joint allocation account under the direct supervision of the govs.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

When did I say OBJ empowered LGs?
It's also flat out not true that OBJ put LGs under states? Was it OBJ who created LCDAs? Fayemi said sometimes last year that the Constitution does not recognize LGs as federating units. It is govs that killed LGs. Successive govs be it APC or PDP or even APGA under Obi.
What left LGs in abject poverty is joint allocation account under the direct supervision of the govs.

Putting LGs under the state was a strategy by the PDP government to control, politically, the country. So, all they needed to do was capture the state. Once that is done, all the LGs are captured. LCDA creation was a good initiative which the OBJ PDP went against because it was against their crude political plan to subdue and castrate the local governments.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by KGD10: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
As someone who has been an advocate of resource control and true federalism for a very long time, a major plank of which he constantly bickered with the OBJ government, I find it disheartening that restructuring of our federal structure is totally absent from his manifesto.
Also, under the decentralization and federalism tab of the manifesto, he didn't mention state policing which has become a major talking point.
Resource control which is a very strong plank of decentralization is also absent. I think no one should expect a departure from the old order if this manifesto is truly a manifestation of what to expect if Tinubu wins.

You were the phool who couldn't hear telecommunications in the video clip I put to you until you were called out for your stupidityyy. Not surprised you're displaying same stupidityyy. You can't see federalism, state and local government control? You dey mad? Very uselesssss unintelligibleeee being.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by AndyCole16(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
KGD10:

You were the phool who couldn't hear telecommunications in the video clip I put to you until you were called out for your stupidityyy. Not surprised you're displaying same stupidityyy. You can't see federalism, state and local government control? You dey mad? Very uselesssss unintelligibleeee being.
This is way too wrong Oga. This guy has been very civil in his manner of address all these whole with proofs. If you think he's missing out a point, why not state it here? This is really condescending of you! We should be mature

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Putting LGs under the state was a strategy by the PDP government to control, politically, the country. So, all they needed to do was capture the state. Once that is done, all the LGs are captured. LCDA creation was a good initiative which the OBJ PDP went against because it was against their crude political plan to subdue and castrate the local governments.
Not true. I already gave you examples of Fayemi. Oyetola just conducted a sham LG election last week. Both Oyetola and Fayemi are APC.
Are the LCDAs in Lagos financially and administratively independent?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by KGD10: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
AndyCole16:

This is way too wrong Oga. This guy has been very civil in his manner of address all these with proofs. If you think he's missing out a point, why not state it here? This is really condescending of you! We should be mature

I don't like that phool headed eediot! I dislike it when someone shows stupidityyyy just because of hate! He saw federalism boldly written in Tinubu's manifesto yet keep spewing gibberish. Same way he had said he couldn't hear telecommunications in a clip I put to him until I called him out. That was when he admitted to hearing it yet was still spewing hate about Tinubu as if Tinubu ruled his uselesssss self and papa. Why the unwarranted hate? Na ment?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Indispensable85(m): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Seeing the manifesto of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I was blown away by both the content and the quality of work that went into the preparation of the document. It shows seriousness and will definitely raise the bar of electioneering in Nigeria. Other contenders will now have to up their games or crash out of the race.

Thank you Tinubu for a well-prepared manifesto. It shows how seriously you take the business of governance.

Powerful
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Russians don't see themselves as part of Europe. The reason we're talking about fight over Ukraine joining European Union or NATO
Did Russians tell you that? You think Russia is the only European nation there's not a member of EU? Britian left with Brexit remember?
NATO is not necessarily a passport to becoming an European country

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Not true. I already gave you examples of Fayemi. Oyetola just conducted a sham LG election last week. Both Oyetola and Fayemi are APC.
Are the LCDAs in Lagos financially and administratively independent?

In Lagos, the LGs and LCDAs are funded just like it used to be before the PDP came. You named Fayemi to shift the blame and make it look like a collective decision. It was a PDP strategy which the governors liked because it puts them too in control of the local governments and also puts more money in their pocket.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Did Russians tell you that? You think Russia is the only European nation there's not a member of EU? Britian left with Brexit remember?
NATO is not necessarily a passport to becoming an European country

Geographically, of course, Russia is in Eastern Europe but in the everyday human sense of Europe, Russia is on its own and still prefers to be seen as belonging to the soviet union - USSR.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Geographically, of course, Russia is in Eastern Europe but in the everyday human sense of Europe, Russia is on its own and still prefers to be seen as belonging to the soviet union - USSR.
True
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

In Lagos, the LGs and LCDAs are funded just like it used to be before the PDP came. You named Fayemi to shift the blame and make it look like a collective decision. It was a PDP strategy which the governors liked because it puts them too in control of the local governments and also puts more money in their pocket.
I don't understand. Was there anytime PDP ruled Lagos?
I strongly disagreed that it was OBJ who put LGs under states. What I pointed out to you is that it's both sides that killed the LG. If you say it's a PDP strategy, why did the APC embrace and even strengthened it while countering Buhari when he attempted to give the LGs full financial autonomy? They even took him to court!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I don't understand. Was there anytime PDP ruled Lagos?
I strongly disagreed that it was OBJ who put LGs under states. What I pointed out to you is that it's both sides that killed the LG. If you say it's a PDP strategy, why did the APC embrace and even strengthened it while countering Buhari when he attempted to give the LGs full financial autonomy? They even took him to court!!

What I am saying is, till today, the allocations of LGs (from FG) and LCDA (from LASG) go to them unlike what we have in other states where LGs can't execute any project because the governors are sitting on their funds.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by davillian(m): 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
Lies
Same lies he drafted for buhari
Is the same lies he is drafting for himself
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
davillian:
Lies
Same lies he drafted for buhari
Is the same lies he is drafting for himself

Tinubu didn't draft manifesto for Buhari and he wasnt even part of Buhari government - he was fenced out.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I would have said you have a point if not that Tinubu is the poster boy of the oligarchs you described. Everyone knows how he runs Lagos. Yet you expect him to turn saint when he gets to the most powerful office. Is this innocent blind optimism or deliberate political pandering?

Bro, how is Tinubu their poster boy? Nigerian politics is national because you have to carry over 300 ethnic groups along in the effort to become President.

How do you want Tinubu to play it when machiavellian and monolithic North must be carried along if any individual wants to be President ?

What you must ask yourself is whether Tinubu, at the hour men must be men, flinched against Buhari or the North.

If you are a fair and objective person then you will admit that Tinubu's action show he is a Nigerian champion.

Perhaps the only leader we can trust to right the wrongs on behalf of all Nigerians when so many of your elected leaders are cowards who cannot even stand their ground let alone stand on your behalf.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:

Bro, how is Tinubu their poster boy? Nigerian politics is national because you have to carry over 300 ethnic groups along in the effort to become President.

How do you want Tinubu to play it when machiavellian and monolithic North must be carried along if any individual wants to be President ?

What you must ask yourself is whether Tinubu, at the hour men must be men, flinched against Buhari or the North.

If you are a fair and objective person then you will admit that Tinubu's action show he is a Nigerian champion. Perhaps the only one we can trust to right the wrongs on behalf of all Nigerians
GBAM!
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Larryton(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
What a master piece! I can't wait to witness the renewed hope!!
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Larryton:
What a master piece! I can't wait to witness the renewed hope!!

Sincerely, I haven't seen something like this in the history of electioneering in Nigeria. Let the Lagos boy bring to bear the brilliance of Lagosians on country.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

What I am saying is, till today, the allocations of LGs (from FG) and LCDA (from LASG) go to them unlike what we have in other states where LGs can't execute any project because the governors are sitting on their funds.
You mean Lagos does not operate a joint account? This is the first time I'm hearing it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Tinubu didn't draft manifesto for Buhari and he wasnt even part of Buhari government - he was fenced out.

100% correct. In fact, Tinubu was always bravely standing up to Buhari and opposing the machiavellian tendencies of the North while cowards like Obi and other southern opportunists were hiding their faces.

Buhari will announce "no going back on grazing route".

Tinubu, as the only authoritatively 'ballsy' southern leader will fire back that "open grazing no longer tenable".

Where was the coward Obi back then during the herdsmen crisis when Tinubu alone was standing up to be counted ?

Can we talk about Atiku who was chilling with his Arab brothers in Dubai to care about the insecurity vagrant Fulani herdsmen were causing everywhere ?

Nigerians lack critical intelligence.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by famouscargo4u: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
midehi2:
Trash!

Have you read it?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:

If you are a fair and objective person then you will admit that Tinubu's action show he is a Nigerian champion.

Perhaps the only leader we can trust to right the wrongs on behalf of all Nigerians when so many of your elected leaders are cowards who cannot even stand their ground let alone stand on your behalf.
I wasn't referring to him getting the ticket against the northern cabal.

I was referring to your point that a few who want to keep billions for their generations always stand in the way of getting the right thing done in Nigeria.

In Lagos, only one man determines who gets what and we know how much of the financially viable space in Lagos belongs to members of his family.

Yet you expect him to go federal and clean the augean stable for the benefit of all.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by OsunOriginal: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You mean Lagos does not operate a joint account? This is the first time I'm hearing it

All LGs and LCDAs in Lagos have their separate accounts. A local government chairman in Lagos doesn't need to go cap-in-hand to the governor for approval and funds to execute a project.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:

All LGs and LCDAs in Lagos have their separate accounts. A local government chairman in Lagos doesn't need to go cap-in-hand to the governor for approval and funds to execute a project.
Wow. I'm just hearing that
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Abdu81: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
All promises failed.
Tinubu is a fallen demon

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I wasn't referring to him getting the ticket against the northern cabal.

I was referring to your point that a few who want to keep billions for their generations always stand in the way of getting the right thing done in Nigeria.

In Lagos, only one man determines who gets what and we know how much of the financially viable space in Lagos belongs to members of his family.

Yet you expect him to go federal and clean the augean stable for the benefit of all.

Tinubu does what he has to do given the reality of Nigeria he operates in. He is a realist.

You think Wole Soyinka or Tai Solarin could deliver the Lagos that is the pride and essence of Nigeria today?

Bro, put your hatred for Tinubu aside. He is a gangster Awolowo. That is the only type of politicians that can deliver Nigeria where Awolowo, Azikiwe, etal fell short.

Rise above pettiness bro and see the big picture. You are not from a nation with politics that has evolved enough to be administered by saints.

Why people like you want to take knives to gunfights I will never understand.
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Owopariola001: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
He did not mention how he intends to manage Nigeria's burgeoning debt and inflation

He did.

"Our administration will engage in
extraordinary prudence in contracting
debt in foreign currency. Our policy will be
such that new foreign currency debt
obligations will be linked to projects that
generate cash flows from which the debt
can be repaid.

Where possible, we shall limit such foreign
currency denominated debts to essential
expenditures that cannot be adequately
addressed by either naira denominated
expenditures or debt obligations."

Are you sure you read it or do you just want to criticize it for the sake of it?
Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Dsalvo:

Tinubu does what he has to do given the reality of Nigeria he operates in. He is a realist.

You think Wole Soyinka or Tai Solarin could deliver the Lagos that is the pride and essence of Nigeria today?

Bro, put your hatred for Tinubu aside. He is a gangster Awolowo. That is the only type of politicians that can deliver Nigeria where Awolowo, Azikiwe, etal fell short.

Rise above pettiness bro and see the big picture. You are not from a nation with politics that has evolved enough to be administered by saints.

Why people like you want to take knives to gunfights I will never understand.

This is the same way it happened with Buhari.
People made excuses for him till he got there and failed spectacularly.
Now you're making excuses for Tinubu that he has to be corrupt and greedy before he can become the president of our dreams.
I don't hate him. What I detest is the herd mentality and fanaticism from youths who adore him.
If you're not careful, it will be another case of all gloss and no grain las las

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Tinubu's Manifesto? by Echoban: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Seeing the manifesto of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I was blown away by both the content and the quality of work that went into the preparation of the document. It shows seriousness and will definitely raise the bar of electioneering in Nigeria. Other contenders will now have to up their games or crash out of the race.

Thank you Tinubu for a well-prepared manifesto. It shows how seriously you take the business of governance.

Gone through bit and I think it's an Archievable manifesto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Professional Airforce In The World , Not who has the better Jets / Do You Think The CIA Is Monitoring Nairaland? / Gunshots, Ballot Snatching Mar Lagos Lg Election •we Supported Fashola, Not Acn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.