Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri (71576 Views)

President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by phorget(m): 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
The way they are shouting flood! flood! and I've not seen it in my area...abi ano dey naija again ni? undecided
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by ejimatic: 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by asanausana91: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
Foolish governor! Jonathan is under your care.
A whole governor is lamenting? Then why is he the governor?
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Troublemania5: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
Ten is happening.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by asanausana91: 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
KGD10:

Jonathan was in presidency for 6 years but did nothing in otueke! Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa, so shut up. You dey mad?
did he mention Tinubu name? How foolish are you? I am suprise that you are supporting a man that cannot hold a pen.
Let us say the truth; Tinubu is very sick,he can't rule this country.

2 Likes

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by highness25(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/flood-jonathan-now-an-idp-says-bayelsa-governor
It upsets me anytime I see people call this flood 'natural disasters'. As if it was not caused by man. Dam was opened by someone or people which means the unfortunate situation was caused by men and is avoidable.

Secondly, Our former president still have her mother staying in the village? Well, about 100 soldiers will be guarding her there Sha, I trust Bayelsans in the creek
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by lovinagbad: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
They always put in place machinery.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Cantonese: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
He is not and it is insultive to suggest as such.

Not funny and it is outrightly silly to call HE GEJ Idp(refugee) .

HE GEJ is still our former President, national asset and not dumb enough to ignore NIMET warning for months now advising citizens to leave flood prone areas below sea level and high tidal levels due to rising tides by natural pull of water by the moon.

You play too much with serious issues and that is why folks in authority never take you serious. The report should be to educate the public and draw attention to the lessons to be learnt from it not faffing around on it because you are addicted to idleness and recklessness on social media.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Oga, this is a very serious matter.

Our leaders need to have the IDP experience too. For GEJ, as soon as the food recedes next month, he'll simply change his furniture and have his house repainted.

It dies notbremoce the fact if their overlooking the issue of dredging rivers Niger and Benue. All our governments over the years have played politics with it. One wonders why they wickedly ignore that particular very important job. Every year at this period the rivers overflow their boundaries causing hardship to communities on the bank of the river.

I sincerely hope that this president will take a look at it and get the contract signed to dredge the rivers. They also ignored the dam that should long ago have been constructed in Adamawa state

"Chopping" money is their habit. Hopefully they will wake up.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Reference(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
I have told you folks repeatedly.
Global warming, polar ice melting at record levels releasing catastrophic amounts of moisture into the oceans to fuel precipitation means all coastal habitations from Badagry, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos Island on the west right across to most parts of Bayelsa and Rivers state will become unlivable in another 50 years.... because the world will not be able to cut is use of fossil fuels on time.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by KGD10: 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
asanausana91:
did he mention Tinubu name? How foolish are you? I am suprise that you are supporting a man that cannot hold a pen.
Let us say the truth; Tinubu is very sick,he can't rule this country.
says an Atiku supporter. A looting failure who failed to do anything in adamawa. Will you shut up?

1 Like

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Intelcorei7: 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2022
That's what you get when you leave LP and support PDP grin. This Jonathan no know say those who spoke against LP and it's presidential candidate ambitions dey collect wotowoto left and right.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by VERDA: 8:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
KGD10:

Jonathan was in presidency for 6 years but did nothing in otueke! Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa, so shut up. You dey mad?

What are you even saying??, Are you in Otueke to know he did nothing there?, Una go just dey type nonsense.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by NLAirforce: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Reyhzor:

Naso you jobless reach?? cheesy
Mynd44 nlfpmod Lalasticlala Seun dominique

Rule 2 broken
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Keyin: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Why was ex president, Jonathan's name mentioned? Are other victims less Nigerian? Africa!
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by RepoMan007: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Wahala does not check ones account balance before striking.
David mark son kpemed in UK with their fat accounts.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Melagros(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2022
airminem:
I guess IDP is now a common expression.

Las las we all will be IDP if we elected bad government in 2023
You said the real deal

1 Like

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by BeardGangJnr1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Brendaniel:
Climate change, that's why when Tinubu said he is not going to comply to UN on climate change, I just laughed, no one will force man to comply to instructions to reduce climate change.

Nature will force man
Mumu, na rain cause the flood??
Cameroon released water from a reservoir dam, that yo govt could've joint hands and maintain or build their own..u dey call am climate gibberish undecided
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Fourfor4: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
The dredging of river Niger and Benue would have helped alot if it has been done all this while.
This is the effect now affecting everyone. Yaradua was ready to get it done, but death y, not until another government came and stopped the project
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Brendaniel: 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:

Mumu, na rain cause the flood??
Cameroon released water from a reservoir dam....u dey call am climate gibberish undecided

You won't understand, if you want me to explain, you should have asked and not insult to make your point, you can reply me without insults, this is not the first time they are opening the dam, that is why I said you will not understand....
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Fourfor4: 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
The dredging of river Niger and Benue would have helped alot if it has been done all this while.
This is now affecting everyone. Yaradua was ready to get it done, but death y, not until another government came and stopped the project
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Appdriod: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2022
KGD10:

He was president for Nigeria, no Otuoke. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Reyhzor(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2022
NLAirforce:

Mynd44 nlfpmod Lalasticlala Seun dominique

Rule 2 broken
grin grin
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by matrixme(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

HE GEJ is still our former President, national asset and not dumb enough to ignore NIMET warning for months now advising citizens to leave flood prone areas below sea level and high tidal levels due to rising tides by natural pull of water by the moon.

You play too much with serious issues and that is why folks in authority never take you serious. The report should be to educate the public and draw attention to the lessons to be learnt from it not faffing around on it because you are addicted to idleness and recklessness on social media.
Actually, you are the one who is dumb. GenZ guys like yourself will sit on your parents couch every random morning and type rubbish on the internet. They should leave and go where exactly? Your father's palour? You're lucky enough that your community is not in the water's pathway. Its the government's insensitivity at play
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by UnabashedIPOB: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
This incident reminds me of the saying by the great legend, Robert Nestor Marley (AKA Bob Marley, he said, "Remember the day, when the rain falls, it does NOT fall on one man's house." This flood that ravaged several communities in the southern part of the Zoo and some parts of Benue is NOT a surprise to anyone. In fact, the government of the zoo was aware as far back as during Shehu Shagari's presidency when Cameroun built Lagdo Dam on their own side to help prevent this type of devastation that the zoo just witnessed.

Nigeria was expected to build its own dam to help counteract the water surge coming from Cameroun should it open its dam. As is typical of the zoo, they refused to do what normally would have been a no-brainer, especially where a natural disaster is concerned. Several administrations including that of Goodluck Jonathan came and left since the project was supposed to have been executed. But none of them cared about their citizens to make such a project a priority.

Each successive administration kept kicking the can down the road hoping that a day like this would never happen as if to say that they could control mother nature. And now that the inevitable had just happened, the federal government has not taken any steps to ease the pain and suffering that its citizens are going through. In civilized societies, where governments actually care about their citizens, they would have declared a state of emergency in all these states affected thus making all the communities eligible for federal aid.

So, tell me for all of you that want to live and die in ONE NIGERIA, what benefit accrues to you as a citizen, especially at a time like this? The government is supposed to be there for its people to do for them what they do NOT have the ability or capacity to do for themselves at a time like this. You need to wake up folks and start using the common sense that your creator gave you. Nigeria is NOT only a dream killer, but it's also a physical killer!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by Buckeyemedia1: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
airminem:

Anyone who supports APC Will end up as IDP for wrong choice
Anyone who supports APC Will end up as PDP for wrong choice.

Vote Atiku Obi for a wrong choice.

Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by AbuUmmu: 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2022
Am so happy for this flood, when former president Yar'adua gave out the contract of dredging river niger, Jonathan and his people withdraw the dredging contract. Little did he know that he will one day be a victim of flood. Karma sure die!!!
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by otokx(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
Shoreline protection and canalisation projects would have saved Otuoke but oh well they knew better.
Re: Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

One that cannot come back home due to a disaster or another is considered a camper wherever he is. GEJ had all the power in the world to look into this flood issue but he neglected it as a president not knowing that one day it'll be his turn to be flooded. Buhari is treating insecurity with plastic sword until it consumes him one day when he's out of the office. I don't pity them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falz, Others In #EndSARSMemorial Car Procession At Lekki Tollgate (Pictures) / Governor Matawalle Forces Teachers To Eat Poor Meal Provided For Students / EFCC Seals Apere Embelakpo's Houses In Bayelsa (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.