Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location (21237 Views)

Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located / Heavy Floods In Lokoja Displace Hundreds Of People, Submerge Houses (Video) / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Treadway: 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:
Flood, be still.

That being said....
Seun Osewa,
Your attention is needed here immediately.
Do not let some people turn your forum to something negative, with fake information, curses and abuses flying all over. My cent.

https://www.nairaland.com/nlpolicewoman/posts[/i]

Rule 1
Rule 2 (this moniker is not a mod, and unilaterally picks on people, whilst ignoring others). As proof, this monicker has NEVER reported a certain who flagrantly does the bolded.

Seun Dominique Mynd44
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by eteebanky1: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Na Una sabi
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Sonfethopia: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
MaryAye:

It hasn't gone down. The painful thing is that the government aren't providing the necessary materials to curb this menace.

My son is attacked with malaria and I wanted to get some drugs from the mobile health care but they seem not to have any.

I'm tired of this wreck government.

its well.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by motionarena: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:
Had a fair share of the flood two days ago. Never happened before, I've been here for over 3 years.

Imo state.
has d water gone down?
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

I determine MY responses for a situation sir.
And my response to him was NOT wrong.
Have a pleasant day ahead

cheesy grin Ha ha ha

Longest time, how are you doing my dear friend?
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by zumbigbo(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2022
Omihanifa:
It’s really sad. This flood already shows that Nigeria can’t really survive natural disaster.

Bros...even in Mozambique when they had floods, there was a swift government response. Here, everyone is left to fend for themselves. We have a non-existent govt contract with the people.

Anyway, bros I hail una....we dey enjoy for wide load section. Respect

3 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Zonefree(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
motionarena:
has d water gone down?
Sure..same day sef.

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by coputa(m): 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
MaryAye:

It hasn't gone down. The painful thing is that the government aren't providing the necessary materials to curb this menace.

My son is attacked with malaria and I wanted to get some drugs from the mobile health care but they seem not to have any.

I'm tired of this wreck government.
This is Nigeria,the relief materials will be looted by those who are suppose to distribute them.the people Who need them will never get them.Nigerians are their own enemies.What a people!

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jflex07:
is this really the actual cause or some speculation?
it's just speculation how can Cameroon dam be responsible for entire flood situation in Nigeria...
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
TheSameGuy:
Here in Agulu Anambra State, flood is too much. E wan kill us.

This is as a result of inability of the government to provide drainage for the town.

The flood is ravaging Agulu Seriousl
issues of drainage and gutters is supposed to be local govt responsibility... It's high time communities come together in CDA and fashion way out before govt come to rescue
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Fakbrown: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
donforeign:
ur governor is foolish

How is his governor stupid, his he the cause of the flood or he has the power to stop it, this is a disaster that is at its peak, nobody can do anything at this point, the best they could do is give out relief materials, people's houses are submerged what do you expect the governor to have done, maybe you don't understand the geography of bayelsa, you dont just stay on your keyboard and spew out rubbish before you talk you think

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by HolyMan12: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
NLPoliceWoman:
Flood, be still.

That being said....
Seun Osewa,
Your attention is needed here immediately.
Do not let some people turn your forum to something negative, with fake information, curses and abuses flying all over.
My cent.

https://www.nairaland.com/nlpolicewoman/posts

we know you grin
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Hier(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
iscom:
Very bad in my area. Yenagoa Bayelsa state.

Post pictures make we see
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by donforeign: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
Fakbrown:

How is his governor stupid, his he the cause of the flood or he has the power to stop it, this is a disaster that is at its peak, nobody can do anything at this point, the best they could do is give out relief materials, people's houses are submerged what do you expect the governor to have done, maybe you don't understand the geography of bayelsa, you dont just stay on your keyboard and spew out rubbish before you talk you think

which disaster.. una never see disaster una dey talk.. small control una no dey do dey shout disaster. I hope say d disaster really happen make u see for urself. Those governors are useless. No preparation for all this, nothing nothing.. dey there dey clap

3 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Mathiasa(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Jflex07:
So the inefficiency of both pass and present government led to such a disaster...who caused our leaders?
I tell you.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by IJEYdiamond(f): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
CalabarPikin:
My pain is that minister that said God is responsible for the flood in Nigeria

I don't mean to be rude but he's very mad

Wetin u want make aboki talk...

God give God take

See the things buhari put to head a whole ministry something UAE.. no fit talk..

Their backwardness is legendary Abeg!!!
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by MaryAye(f): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
coputa:
This is Nigeria,the relief materials will be looted by those who are suppose to distribute them.the people Who need them will never get them.Nigerians are their own enemies.What a people!

I'm just regretting being a Nigerian at this point.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by jaeyking(m): 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2022
jojothaiv:
I don't know much about other part of the state but Sokoto South has been free from flood...

Normally if flood happen in sokoto and zamfara
Then Nigeria is gone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by abokikhalifa: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nigeria is like a canal, a dumping side. Cameroon just opened their damp a little and everywhere is like this. What if Cameroon opens everything fully, what if Bokinafaso also open her own dam. Nigeria will turn to a River na

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Sunisonflex39(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
adajoe555:
It's really terrible in my village... My mum called that she went to farm in the morning only for her to return in the evening and flood have taken over the house, I have to rush home from Port Harcourt to help them move things to the next community, it was really terrible, in less than three hours, water have covered the whole community, thank God we got out safe.. now is canoe they are using to acess some villages..

Reporting from Rivers State Onelga. embarassed

Seems we come from the same place..what's the name of your community
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Arielle: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
Mathiasa:

It's actually the cause. The Nigerian government were to build a dam for this reason long ago but nothing has been done. Our own dam is to reduce the effect of havy rain so that flood can be controlled.
I remember the last time there was a flood, much was made of the need to build our own dam or at least a system to accommodate the excess water and prevent flooding. In our usual way, when the waters receeded, nothing was done and everyone went their merry way. Somebody was responsible for decions and actions not taken but nobody will be held responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by jubrilELsudan: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
IF I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE.... NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

1 Share

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Mathiasa(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2022
Arielle:

I remember the last time there was a flood, much was made of the need to build our own dam or at least a system to accommodate the excess water and prevent flooding. In our usual way, when the waters receeded, nothing was done and everyone went their merry way. Somebody was responsible for decions and actions not taken but nobody will be held responsible.
That's the Nigerian system for you (government work mostly), nobody is ever held responsible for their work.
You can imagine life's lost and property worth billions distrioyed as a result of nochalant attitude of the same people that we put in charge.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by ZombieSlayer1: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:
Had a fair share of the flood two days ago. Never happened before, I've been here for over 3 years.

Imo state.
Which side of Imo? I'm sure it'll probably be Amakohia or Akwakuma
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Zonefree(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Which side of Imo? I'm sure it'll probably be Amakohia or Akwakuma
Reduce your voice, boss grin

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by ZombieSlayer1: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2022
blingxx:

Even here in ogun state Southwest lands is above sea level (normal) na east and southeast dey always suffer flood and erosion
Your mumuness is astounding. Stay there and be looking at the South East while Lagos sinks slowly into the atlantic
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/01/africa/lagos-sinking-floods-climate-change-intl-cmd/index.html
You inbeciles look for every opportunity to castigate the East while your region suffers worse.
Hopeless morom

3 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by ZombieSlayer1: 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Reduce your voice, boss grin
hahahahaha....sorry bro, May God help you and everyone else recoup all you've lost.
Amen.
This year's flooding is really terrible
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by descarado: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
I remember when this started. People were here mocking and laughing at anambra state.

It will take constant education and awareness to rid Nigerians of ethnic hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by nedekid: 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
nakaman:

so how about the rest who did not build on the water way

"Part of the problem of flooding is also caused by stubborn Nigerians"

As you see, I said part of the problem ie not all.
Eg, years back when we had a factory at iganmu, some big man now came and built a large warehouse on the water way. He must have settled to be allowed to build there. He then raised the foundation to be quite high. That was the death of that area. Till today more than 25 years later, that area is flooded once it rains. Our factory and so many others had to shutdown. Abi who will operate high voltage machines inside water? To enter our reception nko, you will romove shoe and enter water. Just that billionare importers warehouse building sent thousands of people out of work back then.

5 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
God1000:
This is really terrible situation, hundreds of people have died and our politicians aren't even saying or doing anything about it.

Your politicians don't care, they will even loot the aid money meant for these poor people.

They derive pleasure from the pains of their so called constituency, as they were not elected by them.

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Your mumuness is astounding. Stay there and be looking at the South East while Lagos sinks slowly into the atlantic
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/01/africa/lagos-sinking-floods-climate-change-intl-cmd/index.html
You inbeciles look for every opportunity to castigate the East while your region suffers worse.
Hopeless morom

Blast them jare, they re a bunch of glorified loafers like their grandfather BAT.

They live by extortion,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians In Cambodia. / Tanker Explosion Along Benin-ore Expressway / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.