Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location (21242 Views)

Floods In Jeremi, Where Utorogu Gas Plant Is Located / Heavy Floods In Lokoja Displace Hundreds Of People, Submerge Houses (Video) / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by chima47(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
I leave in Bayelsa, my house got flooded, l relocated to a hotel after 3 days the hotel also beame heavily flooded, l had to relocate to a friend's house temporarily. As l visited my area yesterday with a canoe, thanks to God the water has started receding very slowly.

2 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by jojothaiv(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
jaeyking:

Normally if flood happen in sokoto and zamfara
Then Nigeria is gone
You Sabi..

Those are basically highlands, Sokoto, Kebbi, Katsina been closer to Niger Republic and Borno closer to Lake Chad makes those states one of the hottest and driest states in Nigeria.

Lagos is a low land and the confluence state is always at the mercy of the waters.

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
Zonefree:
Had a fair share of the flood two days ago. Never happened before, I've been here for over 3 years.

Imo state.

This could have been avoided of your floor yard was higher than the main road, the money used to buy one of those cars could have done the job, but you imolites prefer big cars and flooded houses.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by sterlingD(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
I had a good look at river Benue when crossing the bridge from South Bank to North Bank and then back to South Bank from North Bank and l exclaimed.Seriously the water level is way above the normal water level we have been seeing.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by dickt(m): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2022
CalabarPikin:
My pain is that minister that said God is responsible for the flood in Nigeria

I don't mean to be rude but he's very mad

The pastor doesn't know what he was saying. It's the federal government that failed to build the dam they agreed to build
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Melagros(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:
I don't want these people(government) to send flood to my location. grin

I don trust them, so I am not dropping my location.
Guy you mad oo grin
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by abiolamitodun(m): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
oweniwe:

Ajeh/Otofe

Ughelli is lower than Ezionum... Even kwale is lower

So Ezionum main town doesn't experience flood. Never seen flood here. Maybe after heavy rainfall, the water would run off after few hours to the bushes. That's where the water stays
Ajeh...
Mbene for the info...
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by hollywater: 11:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
Onos3053:
Bayelsa Man shared his own experience as Flood take over his Poultry in Bayelsa

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiaRKdFYZxk

A poultry farmer, has lamented the loss he has suffered as a result of flood in Bayelsa State.

He shared videos of the dead birds on his Twitter handle on Thursday saying that he lost 3,897 birds because there was no way to bring in food or medicine for the birds due to the flood.
I feel for this guy.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Ijb11: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
None
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 23, 2022
Learn to take corrections..ode
vivaciousvivi:

I determine MY responses for a situation sir.
And my response to him was NOT wrong.
Have a pleasant day ahead
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by AllDModsAreMaad: 7:03am On Oct 23, 2022
Melagros:

Guy you mad oo grin

LOL
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by AllDModsAreMaad: 7:05am On Oct 23, 2022
quentin06:

This could have been avoided of your floor yard was higher than the main road, the money used to buy one of those cars could have done the job, but you imolites prefer big cars and flooded houses.

Are you normal?

Why generalize?
Have you been to Imo state before?
Do you know how their houses look like?
So you used just one house there to generalize?

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by blingxx(m): 7:08am On Oct 23, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Your mumuness is astounding. Stay there and be looking at the South East while Lagos sinks slowly into the atlantic
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/01/africa/lagos-sinking-floods-climate-change-intl-cmd/index.html
You inbeciles look for every opportunity to castigate the East while your region suffers worse.
Hopeless morom

Fool Lagos flood is caused by lack of drainage and everything dries up within days , southeast flood is caused by high sea level rising nothing is drying up
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by solomoni87(m): 7:10am On Oct 23, 2022
Omihanifa:
It’s really sad. This flood already shows that Nigeria can’t really survive natural disaster.
tell me which country can survive natural disaster? Do you even understand the meaning of the word?
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by ZombieSlayer1: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2022
blingxx:

Fool Lagos flood is caused by lack of drainage and everything dries up within days , southeast flood is caused by high sea level rising nothing is drying up
Hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah.....you urchins are typically brain-dead. So the East is close to the sea, abi?
It's a good thing you've admitted there's no drainage in the Lagos you people claim Tinubu built.
Anyways, na CNN write the article so take your grievances to them
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Stanley3562(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2022
nlfpmod:
Several parts of Nigeria have been hit by floods. Some people, families have been displaced. Some properties, farms, houses, cars have been swallowed up by flooding.

There are several reports of how floods are ravaging Kogi, Bayelsa, Nasarawa, Largos and other parts of the country.

According to a report by Vanguard, as at Sunday, October 16, 2022, the Federal Government, while assessing the current flood impact across the country, said the disaster had killed over 603 persons, displaced 1,302,589 more and partially destroyed over 108,393 hectares of farmlands across the country.

Also, 2,407 persons had been injured, 121,318 houses partially damaged, 82,053 houses totally wrecked and totally damaged 332,327 hectares of farmlands.

Flooding: Are you a victim, survivor or eyewitness?

Share your stories with pictures and videos, and provide the location.
No flood here but hunger
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by nelskals(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2022
Macphenson:

so u mean thw flooding that happens in Lagos is not flooding, and the erosion ravagin Ogijo, Itaoluwa, Odoguyun, Ipara, Remo is not erosion?

Yeye dey smell

You dey mind am here in Owode Onirin Lagos State no be flood I dey see every day. Even my house now water have finally entered it .
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by OnlyJust: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2022
usen1234:
Were did u charge ur phone

Lol. No place to charge phone o. We have to come together to give our phones to someone who would travel to where flood is not affected to charge the phones. It's a plus if you have a power bank to add up together. Then you must know how to manage your usage so it can last you for days. Once you are not using it, you off it. Terrible. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2022

AllDModsAreMaad:

Are you normal?

Why generalize?
Have you been to Imo state before?
Do you know how their houses look like?
So you used just one house there to generalize?

We all know how imolites live even in Rivers state, they build with zero regard to safety, no parking space, ventilation usually poor.

Its no generalization but fact, if you live in a flood prone place try to make the floors of your yard higher than the main road, know that and have peace.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
quentin06:

We all know how imolites live even in Rivers state, they build with zero regard to safety, no parking space, ventilation usually poor.

Its no generalization but fact, if you live in a flood prone place try to make the floors of your yard higher than the main road, know that and have peace.

You are a big fo ol.

I can send you the pictures of my place and that of any of my loved ones but at home and abroad for you to confirm.

Gerraot joor, I thought you are reasonable sef.
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Originalsly: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Mathiasa:

Honestly it's sad to know that our government were informed before now that they were (Cameroon government) going to open the dam and nothing was done about it.
I can't imagine what people affected are passing through now.
Just to remind everyone, this is not a natural disaster.

True. The FG should ve known where were likely to be severely flooded and take steps to evacuate those areas. Despite expecting flooding and displacement ... no emergency response and plan for emergency rescue and shelter were made. Politicians visiting the affected areas do not help anyone.

1 Like

Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Originalsly: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
jossynb:
[color=#990000][/color]

After using my resources, time and energy. Try to get something because of ASUU strike. My entire rice farm was destroy by the flood in Goron, Girei LGA of Adamawa state. Now back to square zero. But thanks to almighty God am still alive and healthy.
The farm before the flood.

Just curious .... at this early stage doesn't the fields need to be flooded? ... or this is not that type of rice?
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by mrkia(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2022
My acre of cassava farm land at aba wale in Ifon orolu local government of Osun state has been submerged. Of course I had the intention of harvesting it late July despite the fact that it was so cheap during the time to the extent that a friend of mine even said that I may not get the money with which the cassava was transported to the market. Nonetheless I went there to do harvest but alas!! The cassava tubers then were so small hence the reason I concluded to leave it around November period. But on getting there around middle of August two third of the farm was already submerged. Imagine what will have happened to the place by now. My friend said the area is now inaccessible

And do you know what!!!! I'm just a private school teacher at one Nursery and Primary school at Osogbo ooo

I collected a loan from my cooperative to the struggle. Now I'm in debt
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Merch:
Learn to take corrections..ode
Learn to mind you business Oponu!
Re: Floods In Nigeria: Share Your Experience From Your Location by Kobicove(m): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2022
chima47:
I leave in Bayelsa, my house got flooded, l relocated to a hotel after 3 days the hotel also beame heavily flooded, l had to relocate to a friend's house temporarily. As l visited my area yesterday with a canoe, thanks to God the water has started receding very slowly.

What is the actually cause of the flood? Was it just rainfall or a river that overflowed its bank?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion Along Benin-ore Expressway / Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.