Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? (7086 Views)

Poll: SHould There Be A Law?

Yes: 48% (48 votes)
No: 52% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab / Indecent Dressing Among People Of Developing Countries / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

Propounded buy you or seun?? angry

190 and co! bro!!! stay cool cool cool cool i am a bit bizy naw tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by jerryben12: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2011
xynerise:

The rate of indecent dressing is increasing in Nigeria. The number of guys and gals showing off their underwear is becoming unbearable even inside the church. There should be a law that states that anyone seen in such appearance will be giving 24 strokes of cane by any policeman or military men that caught them. This I believe will reduce it. I know people will criticize this thread. grin

Indecency in dressing is very relative. If the weather calls for someone to be 5% covered, it is ok.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Rastamann: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
what is your business on what people wear? If a lady decides to come to church naked to give God thanks for giving her a good body structure, then who are we to question her? If you decide to dress abnormally or decide to be naked walking on the streets, then you should be bold to do it. The only thing I frown at is when some ladies are ashamed when people make jest of them or look at them because of their dressing. If you no get the mind why you wear am?
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Rastamann: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2011
Imagine the pastor mrs asking everyone to stand up and the first person up is your john thomas

Why will your JT stand while in church, it means that you actually came to church because of these "daughters of Jazebel". When you are in Church, give God a 100% concentration and you will discover that no amount of distraction will distract you.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
Rastamann:

Why will your JT stand while in church, it means that you actually came to church because of these "daughters of Jazebel". When you are in Church, give God a 100% concentration and you will discover that no amount of distraction will distract you.

WHY CANT WE BE AS PRAGMATIC AND REALISTIC AS POOSIBLE?

EVEN HERE IN LAGOS ONE PRIEST HAS ASKED THAT THE FIRST THIRD ROWS OF THE CHURCH BE OCCUPIED BY MEN AND TEENAGERS DURING SERVICE
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

WHY CANT WE BE AS PRAGMATIC AND REALISTIC AS POOSIBLE?

EVEN HERE IN LAGOS ONE PRIEST HAS ASKED THAT THE FIRST THIRD ROWS OF THE CHURCH BE OCCUPIED BY MEN AND TEENAGERS DURING SERVICE

Thought you were busy undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

Thought you were busy undecided undecided undecided

IS GRAMMAR TOO HARD TO GET?

'A BIT BUSY' DOES IT MEAN COMPLETELY BUSY? tongue tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

IS GRAMMAR TOO HARD TO GET?

'A BIT BUSY' DOES IT MEAN COMPLETELY BUSY? tongue tongue

Are you a lecturer??
Besides it could take you a while to reply if you were really busy instead of making an official declaration like you did,

olofofo tongue tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

Are you a lecturer??
Besides it could take you a while to reply if you were really busy instead of making an official declaration like you did,

olofofo tongue tongue
Do u have any issue with LECTURERS? Bare ur mind for clarification.

No abuses for you dear.

i am a bit busy!!! have u hear of the word 'MULTI -TASKED'?

I am in my office not the class so i get the notifications. Hope u are clear now? cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by xynerise: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
I am not surprise the irresponsible ones are winning the vote.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by hefner: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
@xynergise: sori, dint see tht, my bad
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by xynerise: 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
Are u a calabar gal? Pls spell my name well jare grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

Do u have any issue with LECTURERS? Bare your mind for clarification.

No abuses for you dear.

i am a bit busy!!! have u hear of the word 'MULTI -TASKED'?

I am in my office not the class so i get the notifications. Hope u are clear now? cool cool

I have better issues to contend with, cant have issues with office lecturers like you grin grin tongue tongue tongue
hefner:

@xynergise: sori, dint see tht, my bad

lmao
xynerise:

what are you not against angry angry
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

I have better issues to contend with, cant have issues with office lecturers like you grin grin tongue tongue tongue

waoo!!!! SO UR LECTURER STAY IN THE NEST? AND DEAL DESK WORK THERE? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by ayindeone(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
If d federal GOVT. can do dis I think dat it will reduce d rate of crime and corruption of d nation.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
xynerise:

DONT BE MY DEAR!!! MANY HAVE LOST THE SENSE OF GOOD JUDGMENT AND LOGICAL REASONING. IT IS A WILD WORLD ESPECIALLY IN NAIRALAND WHERE THE SAY YES TO ABORTION, SINGLE -PARENT HOOD, SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE ETC. EVEN YESTERDAY THE MARRIED ONES CAME OUT TO SAY THEIR HUSBANDS WERE USELESS.

just sit and watch , but dont fail to talk.

'AHUWA EKWUGI OKWU GBURU OKENYE, MANA EKWUMA ANUGI ANU GBURU NWATA'
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

waoo!!!! SO your LECTURER STAY IN THE NEST? AND DEAL DESK WORK THERE? shocked shocked shocked shocked

hehehehehehehe Joker! Anyway most Nigerian lecturers do.

Stop being a baby mehn!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

hehehehehehehe Joker! Anyway most Nigerian lecturers do.

Stop being a baby mehn!! tongue tongue tongue

ARANT RUBBISH!!! BACK OFF JARE! cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

ARANT RUBBISH!!! BACK OFF JARE! cool cool

Ignorant attcak grin grin grin grin!
what got you Hot was just joking with you man tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Rgp92: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
Why does it bother you how other people dress?  undecided You must be one ugly guy who got nothing to show off
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by states: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
Let poeple dress the way they want nigeria is not sharia country where you can not eat or drinks what you want,we are in a free world,poeple who dose not like it should move to afghanistan.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

Ignorant attcak grin grin grin grin!
what got you Hot was just joking with you man tongue tongue tongue tongue

I DONT JOKE WITH 'SILLY STUDENTS' I AM BLUNT TO THEM!! cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

I DONT JOKE WITH 'SILLY STUDENTS' I AM BLUNT TO THEM!! cool cool

Clear evidence of a Nigerian lecturer tongue tongue They are hardly interested in the male students except the female ones tongue tongue

They hardly take responsibilities too grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

Clear evidence of a Nigerian lecturer tongue tongue They are hardly interested in the male students except the female ones tongue tongue

They hardly take responsibilities too grin grin grin

NICE TOT. SPREAD THE NEWS!! cool cool cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

NICE TOT. SPREAD THE NEWS!! cool cool cool

NL is a perfect platform grin grin grin grin
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by DaDoctor: 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
pinkrex:

NL is a perfect platform grin grin grin grin

undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let me go in to the classroom . See yah later!! cool
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Koolking(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2011
A law against indecent dressing? SMH

What is your definition of indecent/decent dressing? Each and everyone of us on NL will give different definitions of indecent/decent dressing.

Does your definition of indecent dressing includes ladies wearing trousers? To me, that's part of indecent dressing (in African standard). What are your yardsticks of determining indecent dressing?  

It will be inept to make such laws by the govt, rather our institutions, like the family, church, school, social centres, etc, should be alive to it responsibilities of inculcating values and moral into our youths. These negative fashion trends are most visible in the afore-mentioned institutions.

The world has evolved so does indecency, but with right attitude indecency can be reduced.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by nagoma(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
There doesn't need to be a law. Simply do not allow people who are "indecently dressed" into workplaces or churches. Once those institutions have set the rules, people will have no choice but to comply.

They will take legal action against the work place or the church. not so?
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by pinkrex(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2011
Da Doctor:

undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let me go in to the classroom . See yah later!! cool

Going to propound theories to them wink undecided undecided undecided tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by shawonlese: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ poster,

People mind their own business in Europe.
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by Halesh(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
Anybody wearing such indecent dress should be jailed for three months
Re: Should There Be A Law On Indecent Dressing? by velo10: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
I totally agree. however, I do not recommend Buhari-like consequences for defaulters lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Top Benefits Of Aloe Vera / Sunburn!!!* / Skimpy Dressers: Confidently Shy, Stupid, Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.