Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" (705 Views)

What My Husband Did When I Told Him That I Had A Miscarriage - Faith Oyedepo / The Devil Said I've Taken Down Three Of His Generals / Joshua Iginla: What TB Joshua Said When I Told Him He Was Going To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2022
What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!"

While praying in the early hours of Saturday, I fell asleep at some point, afterwards I noticed the devil had shown up and was trying to trouble me. But I rebuked him immediately and told him, "get thee behind me Satan! in Jesus name!"

After I said that, he said, "amen" and left immediately.

Now that took me by surprise. Not his obeying what I commanded him to do in Jesus name, but also saying "amen" to it, because I had never heard that one before.

I'm used to them just being obedient to such as Jesus said He had given us power and authority over all the powers of the enemy, and to cast out devils in His name, but the devil saying "amen" as believers do is still baffling to me.

Wow!

Whatever that means though, it should be a good thing.

To God be the glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2022
RUBBISH!

In scripture, it is revealed that only God has authority to rebuke Satan. No man, not even angels have that authority. So for a man to claim he was able to rebuke the one called Satan, he either has to be operating under what is severe delusion or he thinks himself equal to God in every way. lipsrsealed
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
RUBBISH!

In scripture, it is revealed that only God has authority to rebuke Satan. No man, not even angels have that authority. So for a man to claim he was able to rebuke the one called Satan, he either has to be operating under what is severe delusion or he thinks himself equal to God in every way. lipsrsealed
Not surprised to see you of all people here. Your cover here is being exposed by the day.

Keep up your master's work and you'd surely get your reward in full.

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by oteneaaron(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

While praying in the early hours of Saturday, I fell asleep at some point, afterwards I noticed the devil had shown up and was trying to trouble me. But I rebuked him immediately and told him, "get thee behind me Satan!"

Now that took me by surprise. Not his obeying what I commanded him to do in Jesus name, but also saying "amen" to it, because I had never heard that one before.

I'm used to them just being obedient to such as Jesus said He had given us power and authority over all the powers of the enemy, and to cast out devils in His name, but the devil saying "amen" as believers do is still baffling to me.

Wow!

To God be the glory.

Lol.

Anything to hit Frontpage on Nairaland.

Where does the word "Amen" truly come from?

Are you sure you are not indirectly giving praises to the hidden Sun God of ancient Egypt - Amen Rah aka Marduk?
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2022
oteneaaron:

Lol.

Anything to hit Frontpage on Nairaland.

Where does the word "Amen" truly come from?

Are you sure you are not indirectly giving praises to the hidden Sun God of ancient a Egypt - Amen Rah aka Marduk?
By why does it trouble you so much? Because it's the devil involved?

It seems you guys cannot pretend anymore when that happens.

By the way, these kinds of topics which expose the works of darkness hardly make frontpage so you don't need to panic much.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 8:24am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Not surprised to see you of all people here. Your cover here is being exposed by the day.

Keep up your master's work and you'd surely get your reward in full.
Again....RUBBISH!

In scripture, it is revealed that only God has authority to rebuke Satan. No man, not even angels, has that authority given them by God nor Jesus Christ. So for a man to claim he was able to rebuke the one called Satan, he either has to be operating under what is a severe delusion, or he thinks himself equal to God in every way. lipsrsealed
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
By the way, these kinds of topics which expose the works of darkness hardly make frontpage so you don't need to panic much.
Expose the works of darkness to what gain ...? undecided

Dealing with enemies in the Kingdom of God
The dictionary defines the word enemy as follows....
en·e·my
a. a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
b. a hostile nation or its armed forces or citizens, especially in time of war.
c. a thing that harms or weakens something else.
... and from following along the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is clear there are enemies to contend with. Jesus Christ not only taught of the various enemies in the Kingdom of God but also explained how to deal with them.

In His teachings, Jesus Christ outlined 3 types of enemies that those who are followers of Jesus Christ are likely to encounter in the Kingdom of God. To begin, a follower of Jesus Christ is one who has made committed to living life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. His teachings were directed at those who were ready to give it all up for His sake, in the Kingdom of God. undecided
A. Satan, the overall enemy to all in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ introduced Satan as an enemy to all of His followers, and immediately after that assured His followers that they have been given, by Him, more power than Satan has, meaning they are not to have any fear of Satan given they are made more powerful than Satan by virtue of being His followers.
17 When the 72 followers came back from their trip, they were very happy. They said, “Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we used your name!”
18 Jesus said to them, “I saw Satan falling like lightning from the sky.
19 He is the enemy, but know that I have given you more power than he has. I have given you power to crush his snakes and scorpions under your feet. Nothing will hurt you.
20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven.” - Luke 10 vs 17 - 20
Jesus Christ went on to inform His followers, that He had overcome the world for their sake - those who are loved by Him, the ones who live in their lives in the continuous submission of His teachings and commandments, those in whom His very Spirit lives inside of. Jesus Christ assured them of His peace through all of the sufferings and tribulations they are to endure for His sake. Essentially, rather than a life battling Satan, and the world, Jesus Christ guaranteed His followers that none of that would be necessary given that they are to instead exist under the canopy that is His peace through it all. undecided
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world, you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! - John 16 vs 33
B. Others in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ also taught His followers that right there in the Kingdom of God, the enemy's own seeds are planted and are to coexist with those planted by the Master of the field. i.e. followers of Jesus Christ. In describing these seeds of the enemy, Jesus Christ pointed out to His followers that there were those who would work against Him e.g. the false teachers and the false prophets, and their many blind followers. undecided
29 Whoever wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things must first tie him up. Then they can steal the things from his house.
30 Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me.
31 “So I tell you, people can be forgiven for every sinful thing they do and for every bad thing they say against God. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. - Matthew 12 vs 29 -31
Also....
22 But suppose a stronger man comes and defeats him. The stronger man will take away the weapons that the first man trusted to keep his house safe. Then the stronger man will do what he wants with the other man’s things.
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me. - Luke 11 vs 22 - 23
The work of this kind of enemy is directly against that which Jesus Christ taught and commanded of those in the Kingdom of God implying that their activities are generally antiChrist in nature. For even these kinds of enemies, Jesus Christ prescribed a seemingly opposite approach to dealing as well. undecided
21 “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone. Any person who commits murder will be judged.’
22 But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.
23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.
25 If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail.
26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 26
Jesus discouraged His followers from getting angry at such enemies, instructing them to instead bend over backward in resolving issues conflicts, and grudges, no matter where the fault really lies.
15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.” - Mathew 18 vs 15 - 20
Jesus insisted, throughout His teachings, that the same attitude of love always should be applied even resolving conflicts with others within the fold. He implored that those who believe in Him take special pains in settling issues amongst themselves, continuing in love even when their efforts fail. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
41 If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48
Jesus dissuaded His followers from bearing grudges or haboring animosity against those who hate them assuring them that a reward awaited those who would obey Him. undecided
27 “But I say to you people who are listening to me, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
28 Ask God to bless the people who ask for bad things to happen to you. Pray for the people who are mean to you.
29 If someone hits you on the side of your face, let them hit the other side too. If someone takes your coat, don’t stop them from taking your shirt too.
30 Give to everyone who asks you for something. When someone takes something that is yours, don’t ask for it back.
31 Do for others what you want them to do for you.
32 “If you love only those who love you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners love those who love them!
33 If you do good only to those who do good to you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners do that!
34 If you lend things to people, always expecting to get something back, should you get any special praise for that? No, even sinners lend to other sinners so that they can get back the same amount!
35 “I’m telling you to love your enemies and do good to them. Lend to people without expecting to get anything back. If you do this, you will have a great reward. You will be children of the Most High God. Yes, because God is good even to the people who are full of sin and not thankful.
36 Give love and mercy the same as your Father gives love and mercy. - Luke 6 vs 30 - 35
With love at the center of their dealings with all those around them, enemies included, Jesus Christ removed from His followers the need to fight those who antagonize them in any manner, with the overarching message of His teachings being that should be the central approach to dealing with all others. undecided
12 Do for others what you would want them to do for you. This is the meaning of the Law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets. - Matthew 7 vs 12
C. The bad thoughts in one's heart - Sin is disobedience or transgression of God's very own Law and commandments, and with Jesus Christ is God's very Law in the Kingdom of God, He proclaimed that this enemy is responsible for all acts of disobedience against Him in the Kingdom of God.
15 Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”
16 Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.” - Matthew 15 vs 15 - 20
Jesus pointed out through His teachings that this particular enemy is the reason why those who claim to believe in God would refuse to obey God and His Law. undecided
17 Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people.
18 He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God.
19 Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.)
20 And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside.
21 All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder,
22 adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.
23 These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.” - Mark 7 vs 17 -23
And He indicated that this particular enemy lives right in the hearts of those who commit sins against God - those who are enemies of God, those who are slaves to sin. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free. - John 8 vs 31 - 36
In resolving this enemy within, Jesus Christ decreed continuous obedience to His teachings and commandments as the way to rid oneself of this enemy that lives within oneself. By adopting a lifestyle of obedience, not only is one set free from this enemy which chains one to sin, and in addition, one gains knowledge of the Truth of God. undecided

In conclusion, in dealing with all three types of enemies they were sure to encounter in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ continuously insisted His followers regularly pursue a passive approach to dealing with the provocations or assaults from the enemy. Rather than send His followers out wielding weapons, spewing fire, or even engaging in battles, Jesus Christ enjoined His followers to approach all issues/conflicts by way of direct submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments with a focus on peace, love, and obedience as the way to conquering all things. undecided
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Jones4190(m): 8:28am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

While praying in the early hours of Saturday, I fell asleep at some point, afterwards I noticed the devil had shown up and was trying to trouble me. But I rebuked him immediately and told him, "get thee behind me Satan!"
the son of a lion is a lion itself, if you know your value as a Christian you will reduce the use of the name of Jesus christ

Wow!

To God be the glory.
the son of a lion is also a lion, if you know your value as christian, you will reduce the use of Jesus name, many times we pray for things which are already given to us as our inheritance in Christ.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by oteneaaron(m): 8:29am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Lol

Why would it trouble me?

It's quite sad seeing a grown man like you giving his mind and focus to forces outside himself.

Look within!

By the way, @bolded, who are you referring to?
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again....RUBBISH!

In scripture, it is revealed that only God has authority to rebuke Satan. No man, not even angels, has that authority given them by God nor Jesus Christ. So for a man to claim he was able to rebuke the one called Satan, he either has to be operating under what is a severe delusion, or he thinks himself equal to God in every way. lipsrsealed
So you're blind to "in the name of Jesus" typed there? Satan and the devils knows better than that. You may do well to learn a thing or two from them.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2022
oteneaaron:

Lol

Why would it trouble me?

It's quite sad seeing a grown man like you giving his mind and focus to forces outside himself.

Look within!

By the way, @bolded, who are you referring to?
You know what it means so why the pretense? For the cameras?
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by oteneaaron(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
You know what it means so why the pretense? For the cameras?

No I don't.

Kindly expantiate.

Who are the "you guys" that you refer to?
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
So you're blind to "in the name of Jesus" typed there? Satan and the devils knows better than that. You may do well to learn a thing or two from them.
Stop deluding yourself! undecided

Use your head for Pete's sake. Jesus Christ in His teachings made it abundantly clear to His followers that they are not to "battle" even Satan nor engage what you folks like to refer to as evil forces this because He had overcome it all for their sake, in addition to giving them His peace so they can rest from all battles in this world. So, why would any one who lives his very life in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, even consider attempting to rebuke Satan using the name of the one who commands peace instead? undecided

None of these delusions you folks call your spiritual battles has anything to do with Jesus Christ who instead made clear that He has come to give rest , peace as well, to those who will follow Him and obey Him.. undecided
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2022
Again... Dealing with enemies in the Kingdom of God
en·e·my
... and from following along the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is clear there are enemies to contend with. Jesus Christ not only taught of the various enemies in the Kingdom of God but also explained how to deal with them.

In His teachings, Jesus Christ outlined 3 types of enemies that those who are followers of Jesus Christ are likely to encounter in the Kingdom of God. To begin, a follower of Jesus Christ is one who has made committed to living life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. His teachings were directed at those who were ready to give it all up for His sake, in the Kingdom of God. undecided
A. Satan, the overall enemy to all in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ introduced Satan as an enemy to all of His followers, and immediately after that assured His followers that they have been given, by Him, more power than Satan has, meaning they are not to have any fear of Satan given they are made more powerful than Satan by virtue of being His followers.
17 When the 72 followers came back from their trip, they were very happy. They said, “Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we used your name!”
19 He is the enemy, but know that I have given you more power than he has. I have given you power to crush his snakes and scorpions under your feet. Nothing will hurt you.
20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven.” - Luke 10 vs 17 - 20
Jesus Christ went on to inform His followers, that He had overcome the world for their sake - those who are loved by Him, the ones who live in their lives in the continuous submission of His teachings and commandments, those in whom His very Spirit lives inside of. Jesus Christ assured them of His peace through all of the sufferings and tribulations they are to endure for His sake. Essentially, rather than a life battling Satan, and the world, Jesus Christ guaranteed His followers that none of that would be necessary given that they are to instead exist under the canopy that is His peace through it all. undecided
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world, you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! - John 16 vs 33
B. Others in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ also taught His followers that right there in the Kingdom of God, the enemy's own seeds are planted and are to coexist with those planted by the Master of the field. i.e. followers of Jesus Christ. In describing these seeds of the enemy, Jesus Christ pointed out to His followers that there were those who would work against Him e.g. the false teachers and the false prophets, and their many blind followers. undecided
29 Whoever wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things must first tie him up. Then they can steal the things from his house.
30 Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me.
31 “So I tell you, people can be forgiven for every sinful thing they do and for every bad thing they say against God. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. - Matthew 12 vs 29 -31
Also....
22 But suppose a stronger man comes and defeats him. The stronger man will take away the weapons that the first man trusted to keep his house safe. Then the stronger man will do what he wants with the other man’s things.
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me. - Luke 11 vs 22 - 23
The work of this kind of enemy is directly against that which Jesus Christ taught and commanded of those in the Kingdom of God implying that their activities are generally antiChrist in nature. For even these kinds of enemies, Jesus Christ prescribed a seemingly opposite approach to dealing as well. undecided
21 “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone. Any person who commits murder will be judged.’
22 But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.
23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.
25 If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail.
26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 26
Jesus discouraged His followers from getting angry at such enemies, instructing them to instead bend over backward in resolving issues conflicts, and grudges, no matter where the fault really lies.
15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.” - Mathew 18 vs 15 - 20
Jesus insisted, throughout His teachings, that the same attitude of love always should be applied even resolving conflicts with others within the fold. He implored that those who believe in Him take special pains in settling issues amongst themselves, continuing in love even when their efforts fail. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48
Jesus dissuaded His followers from bearing grudges or haboring animosity against those who hate them assuring them that a reward awaited those who would obey Him. undecided
27 “But I say to you people who are listening to me, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
28 Ask God to bless the people who ask for bad things to happen to you. Pray for the people who are mean to you.
29 If someone hits you on the side of your face, let them hit the other side too. If someone takes your coat, don’t stop them from taking your shirt too.
30 Give to everyone who asks you for something. When someone takes something that is yours, don’t ask for it back.
32 “If you love only those who love you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners love those who love them!
33 If you do good only to those who do good to you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners do that!
34 If you lend things to people, always expecting to get something back, should you get any special praise for that? No, even sinners lend to other sinners so that they can get back the same amount!
35 “I’m telling you to love your enemies and do good to them. Lend to people without expecting to get anything back. If you do this, you will have a great reward. You will be children of the Most High God. Yes, because God is good even to the people who are full of sin and not thankful.
36 Give love and mercy the same as your Father gives love and mercy. - Luke 6 vs 30 - 35
With love at the center of their dealings with all those around them, enemies included, Jesus Christ removed from His followers the need to fight those who antagonize them in any manner, with the overarching message of His teachings being that should be the central approach to dealing with all others. undecided
12 Do for others what you would want them to do for you. This is the meaning of the Law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets. - Matthew 7 vs 12
C. The bad thoughts in one's heart - Sin is disobedience or transgression of God's very own Law and commandments, and with Jesus Christ is God's very Law in the Kingdom of God, He proclaimed that this enemy is responsible for all acts of disobedience against Him in the Kingdom of God.
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.” - Matthew 15 vs 15 - 20
Jesus pointed out through His teachings that this particular enemy is the reason why those who claim to believe in God would refuse to obey God and His Law. undecided
17 Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people.
18 He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God.
19 Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.)
20 And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside.
21 All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder,
22 adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.
23 These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.” - Mark 7 vs 17 -23
And He indicated that this particular enemy lives right in the hearts of those who commit sins against God - those who are enemies of God, those who are slaves to sin. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
In resolving this enemy within, Jesus Christ decreed continuous obedience to His teachings and commandments as the way to rid oneself of this enemy that lives within oneself. By adopting a lifestyle of obedience, not only is one set free from this enemy which chains one to sin, and in addition, one gains knowledge of the Truth of God. undecided

In conclusion, in dealing with all three types of enemies they were sure to encounter in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ continuously insisted His followers regularly pursue a passive approach to dealing with the provocations or assaults from the enemy. Rather than send His followers out wielding weapons, spewing fire, or even engaging in battles, Jesus Christ enjoined His followers to approach all issues/conflicts by way of direct submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments with a focus on peace, love, and obedience as the way to conquering all things. undecided

You insult Jesus Christ everytime you drag His name in the mud with these stories that directly contradict His very Word. undecided

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by advanceDNA: 8:54am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
RUBBISH!

Can u try constructive criticism? It makes it easier to correct people without sounding condescending and obnoxious... Maybe your context of rebuke is different from how the op decide to use rebuke..because obviously he used it in the context of resisting an attack or perhaps a negative thought etc.......accusing him of thinking that he is equal to God is a bit of an overkill

Btw....can u explain James 4v7: Submit yourselves therefore to God, rebuke the devil, and he will flee from you....

...zech 3, where the angel rebuked the devil concerning Joshua the high priest??...

...and Jude 1v9 which also record an angel rebuking the devil in the name of the lord

Before u shout rubbîsh at me too and accuse me of equating myself to God....please try constructive criticism

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2022
advanceDNA:
Btw....can u explain James 4v7: Submit yourselves therefore to God, rebuke the devil, and he will flee from you....

...zech 3, [/b]where the angel rebuked the devil concerning Joshua the high priest??...

...[b]and Jude 1v9
which also record an angel rebuking the devil in the name of the lord

Before u shout rubbîsh at me too and accuse me of equating myself to God....please try constructive criticism
lipsrsealed

▪︎James said to resist the devil... how do you resist him? Go back through the teachings of Jesus Christ to realize that the only way to do that is described in John 8 vs 31 - 36 - not by directly engaging the devil in what you folks like to refer to as your battles but instead by resolving the issue of sin in your lives this through obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way to know the Truth(Jesus Christ) and have the Truth(Jesus Christ) free you from slavery to sin. Yes, the devil in your life is a result of sin and sin a result of the bad things you have stored up in your heart -lies that keep you chained to the devil. undecided

▪︎ Zechariah 3 - the angel did not rebuke Satan. I suggest you read again for better understanding. undecided

▪︎ Jude 1 also indicated that the angel did not/could not rebuke Satan

Jesus Christ is written to have directly rebuked Satan, however, on no occasion did He hint to His followers that they had authority given them by Him or by His Name to do the same. What Jesus Christ instead azure them is that He had overcome it all for their sake and all they had to do was live their very lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments in order to enjoy the peace and rest that He promised them. undecided
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Berrityga: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2022
I came here to meet the devil.. But I just met a jobless asssshooolle
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by advanceDNA: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
lipsrsealed

▪︎James said to resist the devil... how do you resist him? Go back through the teachings of Jesus Christ to realize that the only way to do that is described in John 8 vs 31 - 36 - not by directly engaging the devil in what you folks like to refer to as your battles but instead by resolving the issue of sin in your lives this through obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way to know the Truth(Jesus Christ) and have the Truth(Jesus Christ) free you from slavery to sin. Yes, the devil in your life is a result of sin and sin a result of the bad things you have stored up in your heart -lies that keep you chained to the devil. undecided

▪︎ Zechariah 3 - the angel did not rebuke Satan. I suggest you read again for better understanding. undecided

▪︎ Jude 1 also indicated that the angel did not/could not rebuke Satan

Jesus Christ is written to have directly rebuked Satan, however, on no occasion did He hint to His followers that they had authority given them by Him or by His Name to do the same. What Jesus Christ instead azure them is that He had overcome it all for their sake and all they had to do was live their very lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments in order to enjoy the peace and rest that He promised them. undecided

Lol.....sigh

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by uncleck: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2022
Chai!! Oga Linus, it's time you book a date with a psychiatrist
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by kingxsamz(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2022
Seek mental help.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by orisa37: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2022
PUTIN HAS STARTED MISTAKING YOU FOR SELENSKY.

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by deekseen(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
RUBBISH!

Kobo the junkie on the beat.

First off I want to let you know that Jesus had/has power over the devil:

Hebrews 2:14 (KJV) Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And He cast out the devil here:

Mark 7:26-30 (KJV) The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

And He gave same power to His disciples:

Luke 9:1 (KJV) Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

And oh, the devil is Satan...I know you still don't know this:

Revelation 20:2 (KJV) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

1 Like

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by AllenforGOD(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again....RUBBISH!

you are a pervert kobo wht do u mean nor jesus has the authority to rebuke satan,whereas he drove out demons in matt 8:28-34 and matt 17:17 and he rebuked satan in matt 4:10,stop misinterpreting the truth.And shey God no be jesus?
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Blue86(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
Very possible.

Because Amen means verily verily, or surely.

So when you said that, and the devil replied with Amen ( verily, verily), and complied.

It is notna topic for a cause for bickering.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by budaatum: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
RUBBISH!

Not true, Kobojunkie. And while I'd agree the op talks a lot of rubbish, [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%204%3A1-11&version=NIV]there is a text[/url] that teaches those who bother to learn to rebuke satan (which is usually one's own desire to do that which is wrong), such that the devil departs from one and angels come and attend to one.

It is also the essence of Buddhism's Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path, and Islam's Wudu.
Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
deekseen:
Kobo the junkie on the beat. First off I want to let you know that Jesus had/has power over the devil:

And He gave same power to His disciples:

And oh, the devil is Satan...I know you still don't know this:
Try to make effort next time to understand what the topic is indeed about before you jump to engage abeg!

en·e·my

Also....

Re: What The Devil Said When I Told Him To "Get Thee Behind Me Satan!" by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
AllenforGOD:
you are a pervert kobo wht do u mean nor jesus has the authority to rebuke satan,whereas he drove out demons in matt 8:28-34 and matt 17:17 and he rebuked satan in matt 4:10,stop misinterpreting the truth.And shey God no be jesus?
Again, try to engage your brain when engaging these topics so you clearly understand the topic at hand from the delusions you are running with there.

en·e·my

Also....

Jesus Christ gave authority to cast out demons and devils, not to rebuke Satan for doing what is the job he was created for, as even the angels don't have that right. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Brainwashed Africans Don't Believe That Europe Was Hebrew Ruled (population Stat / Why Are These Signs Spoken By Jesus Not Following Believers Today? / Did The Christians Plagiarize The Pagan Cults?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.