Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport (74134 Views)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Dubai Airport Flooded As Flights Are Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ygc1: 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Oh
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by jaxxy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

How is breaking the law a maltreatment? You obtained family visa and travelled as a single person!

Don’t be annoyed go and get dubai family visa, travel to dubai as a single and when they refuse to let you in and detain you, start to post anti govt stuff on the internet and let’s see what happens to you!!

ok she travelled with the wrong visa then detain, explain and deport her. I don't support wrong doing.

Bt if u are on ure right or assumed right and being wrongly treated there is nothing like anti government post by stating ur experience and concerns.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

dubai that claims to be a no1 tourist destination? people takes pictures all the time with other people's faces showing. Let them cut the bullshit.

The worst they can do is Deport the person.
u can take picture but not allowed to protest
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

ok she travelled with the wrong visa then detain, explain and deport her. I don't support wrong doing.

Bt if u are on ure right or assumed right and being wrongly treated there is nothing like anti government post by stating ur experience and concerns.

My friend it is not for you to make laws for another country, if you don’t like their laws…do t go there!!!!!

They stopped granting visas to single Nigerian women of a certain age because they engage in prostitution. You tried to circumvent the law by applying for family visa. You think they are stupid?

While she was in detention she committed another offense of posting anti uae messages on social media ….is it that hard to understand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Masterito:
This is exactly how slave reason. They feel other countries are right to deal with thier citizens the way they want. Fool!

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Masterito:
Why say trash? Filming your suffering is never a crime according to international law. She is not citizen of Dubai. So if someone is killing her, she can't film it, right? Haha, have sense. Any that goes against human right is selfish and not recognize by the international space.
someone wasnt killing her.

In Dubai, u are not allowed to protest against the system, it will land u in jail.

International law mean nothing there
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

She isn't yet in the country she's a border pass, immigration. Let them do such to Americans or Europeans. They cant. Bloody racists.

And sorry 4u looking down on ur race and country for what other country men will do in same exact situation.
Oga, its a law in Dubai, protest of any kind will get u arrested and deported back to ur country
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by EmmyDJourno: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Munamoqel:
una think say na Nigeria that una the behave anyhow like lie lie Dj witch of End SAR that lied bullets where flying over her head ! And she was streaming live

You are a big fool and all the horrors of EndSars shall befall you
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Regie2bless: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/jerrydoubles/status/1583599182111076354?t=usHfVmA90r38uz01qqYfFw&s=19

Her tweet:

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564790461423910914?t=kVxyK7rr1r1dLrbi_IbJxw&s=19
this world Cup wey dem wan play for Qatar, many foreigners go enter jail. This people Don lost joy since 1960. I still wonder how world Cup host take reach der hand.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
They won't try such if the victim is an American. I just hope your protests will release her from prison sha. But I don't know whether protests over there will also land you in jail. Protesters that want to protest over there should find out before embarking on protests
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by jaxxy(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

My friend it is not for you to make laws for another country, if you don’t like their laws…do t go there!!!!!

They stopped granting visas to single Nigerian women of a certain age because they engage in prostitution. You tried to circumvent the law by applying for family visa. You think they are stupid?

While she was in detention she committed another offense of posting anti uae messages on social media ….is it that hard to understand?

I'm not against their laws and I respect them bt I am against maltreatment of specific citizens.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by GloriousGbola: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Dubai is sending a message. We will not bend any rules for Nigerians, who have repeatedly overstepped thier bounds.

There will be no circumventing our laws. There will be no but I did not know, someone organised the visa for me. By now EVERYONE is aware of their stand on visas to Nigerians.

And they take their image very seriously as well. Nigeria is not the source well heeled tourists they are looking for

They could care less if 90% of nigerian tourists stopped coming. And that includes the wealthy ones who create headache with Interpol and terrorist watchers.

The onus now is on Nigerians to 'boycott' dubai.

Understand that, as in everything we brought this on ourselves. This is not our leaders. This is not Abike Dabiri. This is Nigerians thinking the system can be gamed or hustled or bypassed and that they can use agidi or aggro to intimidate their way out of a problem they created for themselves

In less than 10 years Nigerians destroyed their access to a visa free destination.

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Reasoning(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
Na the Dinchi dem dey do una for Anus na!! Do Bai means sex through the Anus as Gay, Homosexual, and Sodomites. Your name come be Dinchi meaning; eh Bleep, what are you doing in Dubai?
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

I'm not against their laws and I respect them bt I am against maltreatment of specific citizens.

What is the maltreatment? Pls explain?

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
fridayking:

Let the same Dubai delay and American citizen over 20 of them without explanation, then later arrest them and put in jail for Twitter
firstly, they delayed them for reasons best known to them.

Secondly, they arrested the lady for protesting publicly. In dubai, u are not allowed to protest
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

What is the maltreatment? How is it specific because there are countless cases of westerners falling foul of UAE law in prison. Pls explain?

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by jaxxy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

What is the maltreatment? How is it specific because there are countless cases of westerners falling foul of UAE law in prison. Pls explain?

in this particular case. detention without explanation..
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Masterito(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
I am taking about protesting in thier embassy in Nigeria.
Michelle70:
someone wasnt killing her.

In Dubai, u are not allowed to protest against the system, it will land u in jail.

International law mean nothing there
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

You came with family visa as a single. You carry drugs they detain you… you need explanation? Why did you go with family visa if you can get single visa? At this point it’s not the girl I’m worried about but you!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by GloriousGbola: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Everyone detained in that room knows exactly why they are detained. Let us stop looking for sentiments.

It is the same energy used for posting on twitter that was used for a false visa declaration

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
Masterito:
I am taking about protesting in thier embassy in Nigeria.
Ofcos u can do that cos u are in Nigeria.

But when u are in dubai, behave like the dubians lolz.

If u read about their laws ehn, an average Nigerian cant live there, u could be arrested for saying the word "fvck"
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by correctguy101(m): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

Ain't you tired of explaining already?

The bolded should be enough for any sane man.

Ignorance is no excuse. It's like you go to northern Nigeria and flaunt one of their customs, you'll return an amputee.

It's their law, simple

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
PANDA2:
Why detaining her
she publicly protested
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Freedom of speech, is a guarantee.......... Freedom after speech, is not a guarantee........... wink
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Octopusssy(f): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
The comments on this thread is disgusting, shameful and very disturbing. Your country woman has been jailed for a year in a foreign country and instead of you people to rise up in righteous rage at the mistreatment and disrespect, you are here arguing over tribe and saying it serves her right. We have no respect for ourselves, which is why foreign nations are treating Nigerians like dogs.

Continue. E go reach all of una one by one

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by baralatie(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Regie2bless:
this world Cup wey dem wan play for Qatar, many foreigners go enter jail. This people Don lost joy since 1960. I still wonder how world Cup host take reach der hand.
You see that Qatar ehn!
Qatar has already released their dos and donuts
Thank God Nigeria is not going
It will be a culture shock event
grin
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Greyworld: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
Whiteshield:

Obviously, you are not even widely travelled. Your limited exposure is what is making you talk like this. If you don't know, na you sabi. By the time you go to jail and come back, you will know.

Some Muslims don't snap pictures, it is against their religious beliefs. If you notice, a lot of Muslims don't hang personal pictures in their houses. You now entered an Islamic country and are snapping pictures of other people about. Na to die for prison be that.
Oga say wah you know. People snap pictures anyhow in Dubai.. like any how. Regulations may be in some public spaces like bus or metro or sm restricted areas.

Muslims and all snap pictures here.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Brownshoe: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
These people going to Arab countries get mind o, you see English country u no go
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by jaxxy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:

You came with family visa as a single. You carry drugs they detain you… you need explanation? Why did you go with family visa if you can get single visa? At this point it’s not the girl I’m worried about but you!!!!

Don't even worry about me cos u don't know me. I may not also know all the details, I'm speaking from what I heard based on initial public outcry.

and my position was also based on the continuous wrong reception giving to Nigerians in dubai lately from we eint give visas to we won't let them work to all sorts of generalisations.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by TWoods(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
She misused her visa, and took pictures/videos against the law... ok so why are we complaining?
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by fridayking(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
firstly, they delayed them for reasons best known to them.

Secondly, they arrested the lady for protesting publicly. In dubai, u are not allowed to protest

Summary, we are not valued...
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
fridayking:

Summary, we are not valued...
They did it to a UK lady and served her five year jail when the Queen was still alive.

Talk about value

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Pictures Of Awka Anambra State Capital That You Haven't Seen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.