Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport (74135 Views)

Solomon Lar Amusement Park In jos(pix) / Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Dubai Airport Flooded As Flights Are Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
DadaHammed:
These Arabs are now very mean to Nigerians.
Thank God say I no get business with any Arab country.
Nigerian too should stop going there even on free Visa. People say they don't want you but you keep forcing yourself on them, you will definitely get bad treatment
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by pramil: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nigerians should stay away from Dubai for now ...must you go there ...They have made it clear to Nigerians ...We should all respect ourselves.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by steeltrust: 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
ipobarethieves:
sad Thedemola,u pipu shouldn't go and constitute useless nuisance @Dubai Embassy.Petition office of the Foreign Affairs, ABIKE EREWA DABIRI,Office of the IGP,Garba Sheu,ADESINA FEMI.
it like you’re living in Pakistan
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by fridayking(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
They did it to a UK lady and served her five year jail when the Queen was still alive.

Talk about value

Then if what you are saying is true... It means it's their law...
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Michelle70(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
fridayking:

Then if what you are saying is true... It means it's their law...
it always has been.

2 Likes

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Abelino(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
May the evil you wished me befall you!!! Bastard Urchins
Whiteshield:

That guy is a northerner, he isn't Yoruba.
You on the other hand, you're a cursed Ipob pig and UGM will visit your cursed family
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Nnannapat(m): 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
The way some of my fellow compatriots reason things is very absurd.
Because the lady in question is not your sister or from your tribe, that is the reason some of you are saying trash about her, some even thought that she is Igbo (she is actually from Jos) and so deserved the punishment, yet we want and pray for a prosperous and united Nigeria.

Question is, can UAE officials detain an American, a Briton, or a German with a valid UAE visa for over 12 hours at the airport without explaining to him/her what the issue was? And her crime is posting her ordeal on the Internet, an American will even go haywire and damage a thing or two, and those wicked Arabs will still apologise to him/her, because they know that his/her embassy will get to root of the issue involved.

Once you have a valid visa and you are not a security threat, any issue that arised at the point of entry is a delicate one and has to be treated with utmost care and respect considering the amount of time and resources that went into planning for the trip.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by GloriousGbola: 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/17/un-calls-on-uae-to-release-british-man-ryan-cornelius-imprisoned-in-dubai-since-2008

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-58970031

Just Google UK jail dubai.
Us jail dubai

Octopusssy:
The comments on this thread is disgusting, shameful and very disturbing. Your country woman has been jailed for a year in a foreign country and instead of you people to rise up in righteous rage at the mistreatment and disrespect, you are here arguing over tribe and saying it serves her right. We have no respect for ourselves, which is why foreign nations are treating Nigerians like dogs.

Continue. E go reach all of una one by one
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Don't even worry about me cos u don't know me. I may not also know all the details, I'm speaking from what I heard based on initial public outcry.

and my position was also based on the continuous wrong reception giving to Nigerians in dubai lately from we eint give visas to we won't let them work to all sorts of generalisations.

You acknowledge you speak from ignorance yet you take such a strong position? If you know what Nigerians are doing in dubai, you will understand the reaction to Nigerians. You know they have Nigerian cult gangs in dubai? Did you hear of the Nigerians that robbed a BDC? If you know what Nigerians do in Dubai, shame will catch you. I just thank God I don’t travel with Nigerian passport!!!

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by ipobarethieves: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
steeltrust:
it like you’re living in Pakistan
me and ur father undecided
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by TWoods(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nnannapat:
Because the lady in question is not your sister or from your tribe, that is the reason some of you are saying trash about her, some even thought that she is Igbo (she is actually from Jos) and so deserved the punishment, yet we want and pray for a prosperous and united Nigeria.

Question is, can UAE officials detain an American, a Briton, or a German with a valid UAE visa for over 12 hours at the airport without explaining to him/her what the issue was? And her crime is posting her ordeal on the Internet, an American will even go haywire and damage a thing or two, and those wicked Arabs will still apologise to him/her, because they know that his/her embassy will get to root of the issue involved.

Once you have a valid visa and you are not a security threat, any issue that arised at the point of entry is a delicate one and has to be treated with utmost care and respect considering the amount of time and resources that went into planning for the trip.

I am sure she was told what the issue was, she even mentions it on her twitter. She was on a family visa but arrived with her sister. The Nigerian government statement that she posted on her twitter also explains the issue. We should stop breaking laws and complaining about consequences.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by deenee: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
They won't try such if the victim is an American. I just hope your protests will release her from prison sha. But I don't know whether protests over there will also land you in jail. Protesters that want to protest over there should find out before embarking on protests

America don't go there and have disregard for their laws
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by casualobserver: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

Don't even worry about me cos u don't know me. I may not also know all the details, I'm speaking from what I heard based on initial public outcry.

and my position was also based on the continuous wrong reception giving to Nigerians in dubai lately from we eint give visas to we won't let them work to all sorts of generalisations.

Your people below

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Liquidpenis: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Learn to behave yourself next time ... ugly Witch angry
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Goodman247: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
sukkot:
so you are in the midst of arabs and your sense did not tell you that its a bad idea to remove my clothes here ooooo even if its for 10 seconds ? what happened to your sense of situational awareness ? you just dey do anyhow like village man sha lmaoooo

next time just wear your trouser ontop of the towel then slide the towel out
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ifakiland(m): 5:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ifakiland(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:
What's wrong with Nigeria? How hard is it to defend ur innocent citizens in foreign or hostile lands.

As for dubai when did it become a crime for anyone to tweet on their personal information or experience?
You're stupid, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Videos and photos are prohibited in some areas of the airport, the signs are there in English and Arabic...but the stupid girl, decided to have coconut head in another man's land. Let her enjoy the prison small.

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by gambojimeta: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
casualobserver:
I learnt some Dubai laws on this thread. Below is a screenshot of the video she tweeted online. In this particular video, the airport official was telling them to leave the office and return to the waiting area. If there are notices around the airport a out recording video, I don't understand why she thought it was a good idea. She not only recorded but also posted same on social media.

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by omonnakoda: 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nnannapat:

So let us stay at home and build our country to the point they will start treating us like US and UK citizens
How are Nigerians treated in Nigeria?
Nigerians should stay in their country

They are not welcome in Dubai.

Is it by force?

Let us face the bitter truth and deal with it
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by jaxxy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ifakiland:

You're stupid, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Videos and photos are prohibited in some areas of the airport, the signs are there in English and Arabic...but the stupid girl, decided to have coconut head in another man's land. Let her enjoy the prison small.

u are very foolish for ur 1st statement.

she was taken to a detention section with almost 20 others and had to report her situation to the relevant authorities.

Any sane person will do so in an unfamiliar country. Dubai should stop the nonsense.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nnannapat:

Tribalism phagocytized their brains
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Bestbeelieve: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
Munamoqel:
una think say na Nigeria that una the behave anyhow like lie lie Dj witch of End SAR that lied bullets where flying over her head ! And she was streaming live
you are sick!
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
See her face, what did she go to do in Dubai? Prostituttion or drugs, her family won't mention that one.

Wait for Aunty Abike to bail her, methinks she won't.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ifakiland(m): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
jaxxy:

u are very foolish for ur 1st statement.

she was taken to a detention section with almost 20 others and had to report her situation to the relevant authorities.

Any sane person will do so in an unfamiliar country. Dubai should stop the nonsense.
who send her go unfamiliar country?
you dey talk like you dey do Dubai favor been there...ewu gambia
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Ifakiland(m): 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

I learnt some Dubai laws on this thread. Below is a screenshot of the video she tweeted online. In this particular video, the airport official was telling them to leave the office and return to the waiting area. If there are notices around the airport a out recording video, I don't understand why she thought it was a good idea. She not only recorded but also posted same on social media.
that mind the coconut head girl....nigerian always wanting to do gragra everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
I've never been to Dubai, but I know that it's illegal to take a video of someone without his or her consent there.

So she got what she deserved.
TheDemola:

https://twitter.com/jerrydoubles/status/1583599182111076354?t=usHfVmA90r38uz01qqYfFw&s=19

Her tweet:

https://twitter.com/dunchichi/status/1564790461423910914?t=kVxyK7rr1r1dLrbi_IbJxw&s=19
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by GloriousGbola: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by babajero(m): 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
A woman called Abike will come now and insult her because she doesn't practice buhari religion or from Yoruba.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by GloriousGbola: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
gambojimeta:

A lot of Nigerians are SM illiterates. They have zero idea about etiquette or norms or what is allowed.

She thought that it was a Nigeria situation where you can shame irresponsible or bribe taking govt officials. But in this case, the officials were doing thier job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by tarantino1: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
The woman fûcked up...yes, we know that but the large number of Nigerians rejoicing over her misfortune is worrying.
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by steeltrust: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
ipobarethieves:
me and ur father undecided
ode
Re: Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport by AbuAeesha: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
bfr u go fight for her.
have you warned her that not everything about one's life should be posted online?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Pictures Of Awka Anambra State Capital That You Haven't Seen (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.