Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,519 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (1979 Views)

What Man Must Do To Have A Right To The Tree Of Life / What Did Adam Gain From Eating Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

True!

But I would like to see if in the end, it was truly relevant. as I had foresaid that it would not be relevant. So, I watch!

Perhaps watch silently instead of discouraging those of us who would ask and seek and knock with our own hearts and souls and minds and beings.

You never know what you might learn, or not learn.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Knowledge and information is one and the same on their own force but the difference occurs when a person is called to act on them. This is where their difference would start for now knowledge becomes confined to the person's acquisition of information while information would still be information even if that person does not acquire it.

We differ on this point. I can tell you something, and that is information, but you have to do something before it becomes knowledge to you.

Information is just data, like the square root of 4 is 2. It becomes knowledge when you understand how the square root of 4 is equal to 2, and when you know how to use that knowledge to work out the square root of other numbers.

And knowing the use and relevance of square roots and how to use that information and knowledge is what I would then call your wisdom, as in wise use of the knowledge you have acquired.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

We differ on this point. I can tell you something, and that is information, but you have to do something before it becomes knowledge to you.

That is the Magic Word I told you of. The difference between personal knowledge and all information.

Which is different if you did not tell me!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the Magic Word I told you of. The difference between personal knowledge and all information.

Which is different if you did not tell me.

DT. If I tell you something, I am simply giving you information. And the information I give you may be right or wrong information, which is why you must use your own heart and soul and mind to separate the good wheat from the bad chaff by checking diligently the information I give you.

A clear example of this is what occurred when Satan is written to have tempted Christ on the mountain. Satan gave Jesus information, but Christ repudiated it with his superior knowledge gained by his asking and knocking and seeking for understanding which he had acquired.

Christ obviously had the same information that Satan was tempting him with, but Christ hadd knowledge too, which includes understanding.

If Christ lacked knowledge, he would have fallen to Satan's ignorant information and there would have been no Messiah, but because Christ had knowledge, Satan departed from him defeated.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

DT. If I tell you something, I am simply giving you information. And the information I give you may be right or wrong information,

Off Point! We were talking about information and knowledge and it's effect on persons. You did not mention rightness or wrongness of information.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Off Point! We were talking about information and knowledge and it's effect on persons. You did not mention rightness or wrongness of information.

Dt, I did not need to mention "rightness or wrongness of information". Rightness or wrongness is part of good and evil which is the topic of the thread.

Wrong information can lead to evil, while the right information must lead to God. And what we are discussing here is the right or wrong understanding of the concerned text.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We were talking about information and knowledge and it's effect on persons.

Information, by it's very nature, can either be right or wrong, and both have an effect on its receiver. That is why one must use one's heart and soul and mind and being to determine if the information is right or wrong, instead of just believing the information that one is given.

We are discussing the Bible (information), and going by our history, you claim your own understanding of the information is the right understanding, while I am claiming my understanding is the right understanding.

Patience, and the Spirit of God in either of us, would ultimately be the judge and determinant, regardless of what either of us may think or believe or say. For by our fruits shall the truth be determined and not by anyone's Lord Lord.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19am On Oct 24, 2022
budaatum:

Dt, I did not need to mention "rightness or wrongness of information". Rightness or wrongness is part of good and evil which is the topic of the thread.

I know!

Just wanted the record to mark and show that we have now moved to right and wrong information
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2022
budaatum:

Information, by it's very nature, can either be right or wrong, and both have an effect on its receiver. That is why one must use one's heart and soul and mind and being to determine if the information is right or wrong, instead of just believing the information that one is given.

We already do that. Every normal person processes information.

However, such information is influenced by many factors as dictated by the receiver eg his personal goals, desires and wishes, his love or hatred for himself, his intelligence or stupidity, his carefulness or carelessness etc

And in the end rightness and wrongness depends on the good or evil which befalls him as a result of his processing of information
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I know!

Just wanted the record to mark and show that we have now moved to right and wrong information

We have not moved. It is part of the discussion, which may go in any direction.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Not every person is normal. A person who just believes the information they are given has not processed anything.

Dtruthspeaker:
However, such information is influenced by many factors as dictated by the receiver eg his personal goals, desires and wishes, his love or hatred for himself, his intelligence or stupidity, his carefulness or carelessness etc
I think you intended to write "However, such processing of information is influenced...."

Because information itself is just data, and the only thing influencing it if anything, is it's giver and it's receiver.

Dtruthspeaker:
And in the end rightness and wrongness depends on the good or evil which befalls him as a result of his processing of information
As in, by the fruits shall we tell if it is good or evil.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Freeze007(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2022
Disclaimer: This is an excerpt from my Leader

Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil,

First, we know how we were before fornication and after fornication

Certain fruits that is bad started development after fornication..

Sex is that knowledge of Good and Evil

I may not be good with convincing someone but I also know truth is stupid and yet simple

I am open to learning more all the same
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Freeze007(m): 12:49am On Oct 25, 2022
Clearly, we have hidden knowledge in the bible...Just like we have the Almighty formula, we also have the dissectors of bible truths...For ages, many have used a 0.00000000001% knowledge to explain the bible which makes it a minute percentage of truth that when REAL truth arrives, that, who was fed with the minute percentage of truth chides themselves as the real KNOWERS.

This has humbled me to rather speak not and just allow the Holy Spirit to help me with the real truth....

Budaatum, are you that same person that spoke about Jehovah being in prison, you don't have to, if you don't want.

The hidden treasures could be HUMANS

The bad fruit too is also HUMAN

but like they say, there are those who are of the spirit - spiritual and those of the flesh earthy.., I am convinced there is a battle of supremacy but the CONQUEROR always conquers......Time and events will tell

I give my loyalty to Leader Olumba Olumba Obu who teaches US ALL LOVE for in real love would falsehood be crisp clear.....

Only the one who was presence before bible was compiled, will tell us the aim behind it, was it for good, control or for real knowledge or information, only the spirits of truth can answer this question, but, I know something, which I would illustrate, to buttress my point

Africa existed before it's name was given, but some colonialists have made us to believe that it started existing when they wrote it in book that it existed which is controlled by them in their schools...Does this make the information truth? Well, this is where intuition comes in to play....I am certain, that TRUTH about knowledge of the tree of good and evil can only be expatriated by the Creator

If He is on nairaland, I pledge my loyalty to him,her, or they, I do not limit him to Leader Olumba Olumba Obu alone because I am aware of his Omnipotent, Omnipresent Omniscient nature.....

It is RIPE

quote author=budaatum post=117837981]
Not every person is normal. A person who just believes the information they are given has not processed anything.

I think you intended to write "However, such processing of information is influenced...."

Because information itself is just data, and the only thing influencing it if anything, is it's giver and it's receiver.

As in, by the fruits shall we tell if it is good or evil.[/quote]
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 1:13am On Oct 25, 2022
Freeze007:

budaatum, are you that same person that spoke about Jehovah being in prison, you don't have to, if you don't want?

No I'm not. If I were you'd be able to quote where I said such nonsense.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 1:25am On Oct 25, 2022
Freeze007:
Disclaimer: This is an excerpt from my Leader

Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil,

First, we know how we were before fornication and after fornication

Sorry, but I can't do "we" with you on this. And you'd need to go bring your leader.

Sex is as old as life itself is what I know, and even plants have sex to reproduce. It's called pollination.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 2:27am On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The more I think of this the more amused I am.

Adam did not process the information he was given. He simply believed it was true.

Eve processed the information she was given by testing if it was true.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2022
budaatum:

The more I think of this the more amused I am.

Adam did not process the information he was given. He simply believed it was true.

Eve processed the information she was given by testing if it was true.

Obviously this is how you choose to see it even though this is not true and I will not continue in it.

Natural living shows that everyone processes information and we see that Adam and Eve complied with the instruction until Eve had a conversation with Satan and bought his yahoo-yahoo glitterati.

Which after she "died" she then compelled Adam to join her in it knowing that Adam would do anything for her because he loved her. And all she has to do is to become manipulative by withdrawing herself, refusing to be loving of which she now hates the man because he did not obey her so, no sex, talk harshly etc. All these things naturally broke Adam especially as she now made his living hell where he is accustomed to a sweet living with his wife. And every man now knows this is how women get men to do their will what is now called simping.

Which led him to make the mistake of bowing to her wishes.

Which is why you see it in God's Judgement on Adam "because thou hast hearkened unto to the voice of thy wife"

The same "because thou hast" was given to the serpent but none for Eve, which in Law we know that means The Court has not concluded her case. Her Trial was adjourned sine die!

And it is insane that you are demanding that people disobey rather than obey. Saul did the same too and he did think and consider and he gathered to himself the best of animals causing Samuel to utter The Words of Law

"Rebellion is the same punishment as witchcraft and stubbornness is the same punishment as idolatry".

The wise know that "To Obey The Lord, is to Live; to disobey, death!"
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Obviously this is how you choose to see it even though this is not true and I will not continue in it.

Natural living shows that everyone processes information and we see that Adam and Eve complied with the instruction until Eve had a conversation with Satan and bought his yahoo-yahoo glitterati.
Adam complied with the information. Eve used her senses to check if the information were true.

Dtruthspeaker:

Which after she "died" ......
She did not die! She and Adam's eyes opened, and they gained wisdom, and freed themselves from the Garden of Eden and lived till their 900s during which they went on to populate the earth!

See it below. The text clearly states it!

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
budaatum:

Adam complied with the information. Eve used her senses to check if the information were true.

Only after Satan did yahoo yahoo on her and turned her to his maga mugu.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Only after Satan did yahoo yahoo on her and turned her to his maga mugu.

I think the person who lied that they would surely die is the one who did yahoo yahoo.

But to understand that, you'd need to understand the yahoo yahoo of those who wrote the text.

And for that, you'd need to open your eyes and see for yourself instead of believing what you are told.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
budaatum:

I think the person who lied that they would surely die is the one who did yahoo yahoo.

And she is not celebrated as celebratated as the world's oldest woman alive?

Surely, you are mad and your reasonability data for the day is exhausted.

Dial star 131 for renewal
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And she is not celebrated as celebratated as the world's oldest woman alive?

Surely, you are mad and your reasonability data for the day is exhausted.

Dial star 131 for renewal

Just as Methuselah is not celebrated as the oldest man who lived, dt.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2022
budaatum:

Just as Methuselah is not celebrated as the oldest man who lived, dt.

Now you lie for Methuselah is in deed recognised as the oldest man who lived. But no one anywhere is counting Eve's age or recognising her as the only human who has never died. Therefore, she even beats Methuselah as the oldest living person in the world. But this is not so. This rubbish resides in your madness.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you lie for Methuselah is in deed recognised as the oldest man who lived. But no one anywhere is counting Eve's age or recognising her as the only human who has never died. Therefore, she even beats Methuselah as the oldest living person in the world. But this is not so. This rubbish resides in your madness.

You have reading issues!

Eve obviously did die, just not from or after eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 10:19am On Oct 26, 2022
budaatum:

You have reading issues!

Eve obviously did die, just not from or after eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Say again
"Eve obviously did die"

Say again!
"Eve obviously did die"

Case Closed!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Say again
"Eve obviously did die"

Say again!
"Eve obviously did die"

Case Closed!

Dude, did you go to school at all? Is anyone arguing that Eve never died?

What is being said here is, she died a very long time after she ate the fruit she was told would kill her, and she and Adam lived a very long time after eating it.

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 11:00am On Oct 26, 2022
budaatum:

Dude, did you go to school at all? Is anyone arguing that Eve never died!...

How many times did you say it here that Eve never died? Many Up to the point you impliedly called God a Liar!

budaatum:

Show me where they died, Dt.

Show you can speak the truth.

I was even the one who told you that as long as they died, then God's word was fulfilled. (Let me go and find where I told you this.)

But for now, I rejoice that you have finally confessed The Truth
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 11:02am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

How many times did you say it here that Eve never died?

DT, please point out just one instance where I said "Eve never died".
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 11:04am On Oct 26, 2022
budaatum:

DT, please point out just one instance where I said "Eve never died".

I have already shown you your post where you implied they never died.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I have already shown you your post where you implied they never died.

DT! Please be responsible for your own inferring instead of irresponsibly claiming I implied what I never implied!

Adam died, and Eve obviously must have died too, just that they did not surely die after eating the fruit they'd been told would surely kill them!

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 11:35am On Oct 26, 2022
budaatum:

DT! Please be responsible for your own inferring instead of irresponsibly claiming I implied what I never implied!

You are surely mad for even in here you implied it saying

budaatum:

As I said you are mad!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are surely mad for even in here you implied it saying

As I said you are mad!

I think you need to go back to school to learn to read and to comport yourself in a more mature manner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The End of Days / Fastest Evolutionary Changes Ever Observed / 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.