Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (1939 Views)

What Man Must Do To Have A Right To The Tree Of Life / What Did Adam Gain From Eating Of The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good & Evil? / Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Vote Candidate With No Knowledge Of Business Or Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
And how would you eat its fruit?

We talk about it a lot but never define what it is, so here's your opportunity to have a go.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PlayMaker14: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Since my pastor don ban me from church because of small misunderstanding, let me learn from Rev budaatum who's filled with the Holy Ghost this hot afternoon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/2743974/tree-life-tree-knowledge-good
MrPresident1:
The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, both are allegoric terms that Moses used to describe respectively the pure righteous wisdom from God and also the impure left hand wisdom which though also from Him but not approved by Him, this impure wisdome is idolatry. God is the owner of all knowledge.

Trees are men and the works of their hands is their fruits.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Exodus 34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Since my pastor don ban me from church because of small misunderstanding, let me learn from Rev budaatum who's filled with the Holy Ghost this hot afternoon.

Please o! You must heed people's warnings about buda please before making buda your pastor!

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/2743974/tree-life-tree-knowledge-good cheesy
MrPresident1:
The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, both are allegoric terms that Moses used to describe respectively the pure righteous wisdom from God and also the impure left hand wisdom which though also from Him but not approved by Him, this impure wisdome is idolatry. God is the owner of all knowledge.

Trees are men and the works of their hands is their fruits.

And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PlayMaker14: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Please o! You must heed people's warnings about buda please before making buda your pastor!
As my Original pastor ban me, nor be bad thing if you become my Fairly Used pastor na.

Ride on Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
PlayMaker14:
As my Original pastor ban me, nor be bad thing if you become my Fairly Used pastor na.

Ride on Sir.

So long as you heed the warning.

Please know that you are not allowed to believe buda. You must use your own heart and souls and mind and being to ask and knock and seek for yourself.

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by PlayMaker14: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

So long as you heed the warning.

Please know that you are not allowed to believe buda. You must use your own heart and souls and mind and being to ask and knock and seek for yourself.
Ride on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
https://www.nairaland.com/2743974/tree-life-tree-knowledge-good cheesy

MrPresident1:

Thank you for your contribution. It does not fully answer the question at all, however good all the same.

"Pure righteous wisdom from God" sounds like the good wheat, while "the impure left hand wisdom" sounds like the bad chaff.

Can a person who has not eaten the fruit of the tree that produces both know the difference between the two and know which to do?

Basically, can an ignorant person separate the wheat from the chaff?
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Thank you for your contribution. It does not fully answer the question at all, however good all the same.
"Pure righteous wisdom from God" sounds like the good wheat, while "the impure left hand wisdom" sounds like the bad chaff.
Can a person who has not eaten the fruit of the tree that produces both know the difference between the two and know which to do?
Deuteronomy 18:9-11 King James Version 9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil were performing abominable works, your fruits are the works of your hand, they were passing their children through the fire and sacrificing them to molech. Idolatry is the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The Law of the LORD that he gave to Moses is the pure righteous wisdom
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
Deuteronomy 18:9-11 King James Version 9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil were performing abominable works, your fruits are the works of your hand, they were passing their children through the fire and sacrificing them to molech. Idolatry is the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The Law of the LORD that he gave to Moses is the pure righteous wisdom

I see you quote the Bible. What would you say if I were to claim the beginning of eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is you reading the Bible?

Would you quote from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil if you had not eaten it's fruit?
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

The abominations that they were performing were their fruits. Except you a a human hyena, devoid of conscience, that's when you can not know the difference between the 'wheat and the chaff'
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

I see you quote the Bible. What would you say if I were to claim the beginning of eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is you reading the Bible?

Would you quote from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil if you had not eaten it's fruit?
This is not about what you 'claim' or your opinion. You drew your question from the Bible and we are using the same Bible to answer you. The tree is people and the fruits are the works of their hands. The heathen had abominable works like burning children in sacrifice to devils IDOLATRY. Israel had the Law of the LORD which is the law of Moses
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:
...Basically, can an ignorant person separate the wheat from the chaff?

If thou wilt learn, "ignorance" is not the same as lack of knowledge! Dictionaries to be blamed for this.

Ignorance means rejection and a casting away of an information given you.

Lack of knowledge means no one gave you that knowledge at all and neither could you reasonably and naturally acquire that information.

Which is why in Law, "ignorance is not an excuse or defence but lack of knowledge is"!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
This is not about what you 'claim' or your opinion. You drew your question from the Bible and we are using the same Bible to answer you. The tree is people and the fruits are the works of their hands. The heathen had abominable works like burning children in sacrifice to devils IDOLATRY. Israel had the Law of the LORD which is the law of Moses

Sir! What you've written is your claim and your opinion based on your own understanding of the Bible, so stop making out like you have some direct connection to the Bible or God that no one else has!

There is nowhere in the Bible where it is claimed the tree of knowledge is people or the works of anyone's hands!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Sir! What you've written is your claim and your opinion based on your own understanding of the Bible, so stop making out like you have some direct connection to the Bible or God that no one else has!

There is nowhere in the Bible where it is claimed the tree of knowledge is people or the works of anyone's hands!

it is called deductive reasoning, the piecing to together of knowledge, here a little there a little
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
I do not think this question is relevant for we were not there at the time to know and understand that "tree" was or is.

The relevant Truth is that we, who were born AFTER ITS EATING FIND THAT WE AUTOMATICALLY KNOW THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE GOOD FROM THOSE THINGS THAT ARE EVIL.

And we find that it is up to us to do what we want with that knowledge

1 Like

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If thou wilt learn, "ignorance" is not the same as lack of knowledge! Dictionaries to be blamed for this.

Ignorance means rejection and a casting away of an information given you.

Lack of knowledge means no one gave you that knowledge at all and neither could you reasonably and naturally acquire that information.

Which is why in Law, "ignorance is not an excuse or defence but lack of knowledge is"!

It it rather obvious that one can be given knowledge that one can choose to ignore. We would therefore claim that person lacks knowledge due to their act if ignoring. That is after all what you would want to claim of buda.

Knowledge, is however, not the same as information. One can have information about square roots, for instance, and not have knowledge of it relevance to one's existence, or how to ise them.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:

None of this infers that either tree is people or the works of anyone's hands!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
I do not think this question is relevant for we were not there at the time to know and understand that "tree" this was or is.

The relevant Truth is that we, who were born after its eating find that we automatically know those things which are good from those things that are evil.

It is obviously relevant to me, which is why I opened a thread on the subject.

If it is not relevant to you then I suggest you not waste your own time on it, DT, and let me waste mine.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
The abominations that they were performing were their fruits. Except you a a human hyena, devoid of conscience, that's when you can not know the difference between the 'wheat and the chaff'

Abomination that who was performing MrP?

The text clearly states "the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", so are you suggesting that the tree was performing evil with it's fruits?
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

None of this infers that either tree is people or the works of anyone's hands!
MrPresident1:
WHAT IS THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Ezekiel 31:9
I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Eden is the term for the blessed land of enjoyment that God placed Israel. Eden was the good land, the perfect and productive land that was full of all manner of riches and blessings; it was the the blessed land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:

So, according to you, the tree was envious of the man God is written to have put in the Garden to tend it?

Thank you for your contribution.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Abomination that who was performing MrP?

The text clearly states "the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", so are you suggesting that the tree was performing evil with it's fruits?
You are just being willfully blind! They were all trees in the garden!
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

So, according to you, the tree was envious of the man God is written to have put 8n the Garden to tend it?

Thank you for your contribution.
Yes. Your fathers were very envious and subtil
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
You are just being willfully blind! They were all trees in the garden!

Adam and Eve were trees in the Garden of Eden?

If so, then yes I am being willfully blind, because no where is that what I see with my own eyes, which perhaps are not as good as your eyes.

Consider yourself more blessed with better eyes than buda.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

It it rather obvious that one can be given knowledge that one can choose to ignore. We would therefore claim that person lacks knowledge due to their act if ignoring.

Wrong!
No one has ever been giving the cover or defence of lack of knowledge when it is known that information was given to the person but the person chose to ignore it.

budaatum:

Knowledge, is however, not the same as information. One can have information about square roots, for instance, and not have knowledge of it relevance to one's existence, or how to ise them.

Knowledge and information is one and the same on their own force but the difference occurs when a person is called to act on them. This is where their difference would start for now knowledge becomes confined to the person's acquisition of information while information would still be information even if that person does not acquire it.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by MrPresident1: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Adam and Eve were trees in the Garden of Eden?

If so, then yes I am being willfully blind, because no where is that what I see with my own eyes, which perhaps are not as good as your eyes.

Consider yourself more blessed with better eyes than buda.
King James Version
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
Yes. Your fathers were very envious and subtil

I'm certain they were not trees, since trees are usually not more envious and subtil than humans.

If they were, they might have called out to Adam and Eve saying, "eat my fruit me! eat my fruit me!", and there might not have been the need for a serpent that was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made.
Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by Dtruthspeaker: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

It is obviously relevant to me, which is why I opened a thread on the subject.

If it is not relevant to you then I suggest you not waste your own time on it, DT, and let me waste mine.

True!

But I would like to see if in the end, it was truly relevant. as I had foresaid that it would not be relevant. So, I watch!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil by budaatum: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
MrPresident1:
King James Version
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

This does not in any way infer that Adam and Eve were trees! It just states that the trees were envious of man!

Besides, the last sentence of that chapter shows clearly that Ezekiel was writing metaphor and making his own claims and stating his own opinion with his, "This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, declares the Lord GOD”. Unless you want to claim the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is Pharaoh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

666 Is Coming / Practical Christianity? / Man Finds 'jesus' In His Laundry (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.