Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,947 members, 7,952,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:08 AM

5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) (2021 Views)

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? / A Sign That Nairaland Christians Are Not Pulling The Intellectual Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Original post; https://www.nairaland.com/996232/3-silly-things-nairaland-christians

Religion can make you do stupid things. The worst that an atheist/agnostic can do on the internet is insult religion when it comes to religion.

Lets look at the abyss of st.upidity/hypocrisy that religion is dragging our fellow Nigerians into;

1)Insulting the victims and using disasters to praise their religion;
The Dana aeroplane crash is an example. They say foolish things like "God saved me from buying a plane ticket that day". God saved you? Were the people on that flight cursed or punished by God? Why didnt God save everybody on that flight ( from the crash,therefore, saving more people altogether) rather than saving you alone?

Another example is the Haiti earthquake, where Jesoul tells a story of a couple that was "saved by God" from the earthquake.

https://www.nairaland.com/388072/haiti-earthquake-intimate-account-providence

So, God chose not to save the hundreds of people that died in the earthquake or the injured in the earthquake but to save the couple?

Tell me, is that not an insult to the victims?

I believe that these Nairaland christians are one step away from Pat Robertson who claimed that the earthquake was because of the Haitian's pact with the devil!

2) Defend the evils that some "Men of God" or church authorities do;
These MOGs' have become more important than Jesus himself.

Oyedepo slapped a girl and people were defending it. Even here on Nairaland where people are from all over the world. In any advanced/developed country, would Oyedepo have gotten away with such? https://www.nairaland.com/931150/oyedepo-fails-appear-court-slapping

What about private jets? Does a pastor need a private jet when diplomats fly amost every week on commercial planes? The same diplomats who fly more than these MOGs' and have a more important job of keeping peace and harmony between countries? Any pastor with a private jet is a fraud- a tithe fraud. https://www.nairaland.com/446173/does-pastor-trully-need-private/1

What about catholics? How can you still be a catholic when the catholic church mas made it clear that when a case of child abuse is evident, their first priority is to make sure that the reputation of catholic church is not damaged rather than helping the abuse victim.

3) Post nonsense end-of-the-world/Obama/666 conspiracies;

Oh no! Its the end of the world! Fear the beast, the 666! Obama isputting chips in peoples heads!

This is the lunacy that happens when you get people to read and believe the folklore that is the book of revlations. God save these people if they get room 666 in a hotel!

Here are some of such threads;
https://www.nairaland.com/998578/how-666-emerge....see-proof-here
https://www.nairaland.com/988159/obamas-health-care-bill-harbinger
https://www.nairaland.com/948502/end-time-evident-this-shocking

4) Claim that atheists are persecuting them and want their own section

When did christians become so intolerant to criticism like the muslims? Hypcoritically, they christians call atheists fools and make threads criticisng evolution as an ungodly doctrine of atheists and skeptics. This thread would be boring as hell if we split it and atheists/pagans/agnostics give the Nairaland religion section some extra spice.

Just look at the barren wasteland that is called the Islam section.

Anyways here are such threads
https://www.nairaland.com/999041/re-christian-section

https://www.nairaland.com/959186/christianity-christians

5) Hypocritically blaming others for immorality and hate/wars. Also calling atheists "militant".
Christianity is not a religion of peace or morality. The bible alone contains the immorality of inbreeding (Abraham and Sarah- stepbrother/sister), Racism (Jesus and the Canaanite woman Matthew 15:22-26smiley and genocide (extermination of Amakelites, Noah's flooding). Christianity has been by far the bloodiest religion ever known to mankind from Constantine's just war in 314 to the inquisitions in the 12 century to Hitler.

Atheism should not be conflated with anti-religion. Atheism is only a theological stance and not a doctrine or set of beliefs.

Christians do not have the copyright on morality. Anyone can be immoral. Atheism is not evil. Infact, christians do not have the standing to claim that others are immoral when we look at the evidence;

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-03-14-divorce-christians_N.htm

[img]http://1.bp..com/_8sY9bx8acNM/SibxlnDSmjI/AAAAAAAAAZE/kmGm1kwFX3s/s400/Global_peace_index.png[/img]
http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com/2009/06/atheist-nations-are-more-peaceful.html
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Areaboy2(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
I can tolerate most of them to a certain extent. but what I can never swallow is them defending their "demigods" or so called men of god.

how brainwashed do people have to be before they realise that these guys are in it for the money and just that. undecided
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Area_boy: I can tolerate most of them to a certain extent. but what I can never swallow is them defending their "demigods" or so called men of god.

how brainwashed do people have to be before they realise that these guys are in it for the money and just that. undecided

I see.

I's very annoying. They let their so called men of God get away with fraud and human rights abuses. Yet, they call themselves christians and holy people
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
I have always told u that d future and time will make that ur graph change...

Let's pray we live on for d next 50yrs and let's see hw peaceful ur family(atheist) countries will continue to be peaceful....

As for me I hate wars and will never get involved in it...not for any reason...
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
ijawkid: I have always told u that d future and time will make that ur graph change...

Let's pray we live on for d next 50yrs and let's see hw peaceful ur family(atheist) countries will continue to be peaceful....

As for me I hate wars and will never get involved in it...not for any reason...

Shut up. The secular countries are peaceful and have been for a number of years.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by HeKnows: 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2012
[b]That's why my friends you should never take the people of a religion as a mere example on that specific religion itself...Am a christian myself, and it's sadly to say that 80 to 90% of the so called Christians in this world, are not truly Christians, or in other words, are not really living the life of a real christian, starting with the Vatican and Catholics.. & so on... They all have given Christianity a really bad name, and people looks upon them and judge Christianity according to them, and that's really sad....They think they are true Christians, but once you look closely at their lives and how they're treating others(not as Jesus taught), and how they are living according to man made laws and drifted away from the doctrines of Christ in the bible...Then you realize that not anyone who calls himself a Christian is considered truly a Christian...And I can guarantee you that all those points you just talked about judging Christians, well it's kinda embarrassing to say that about 70% of the Christians might do so...Why ? I'll tell you why...They drifted away from the doctrines of the bible and the real message of Christ...And people are taking these Christians as a bad example, and that's what's sad about it too...Clearly your post in here says it all....That's really sad...But a piece of an advice...Don't judge the religion by the so called Christians that are acting in many wrong ways and who are drifting away from the doctrines of Christ...These I shall call Bad Christians...I feel sorry how come they call themselves Christians too, they are a disgrace for the image of Christ...Anyways, you might wonder and think, he's Judging them !...Yes I'am, but it's not me who is judging them, it's the doctrine of Christ/God who is judging them through me...Anyways you are right about everything...And that's really sad. May god have mercy on all of us... [/b]
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
HeKnows: [b]That's why my friends you should never take the people of a religion as a mere example on that specific religion itself...Am a christian myself, and it's sadly to say that 80 to 90% of the so called Christians in this world, are not truly Christians, or in other words, are not really living the life of a real christian, starting with the Vatican and Catholics.. & so on... They all have given Christianity a really bad name, and people looks upon them and judge Christianity according to them, and that's really sad....They think they are true Christians, but once you look closely at their lives and how they're treating others(not as Jesus taught), and how they are living according to man made laws and drifted away from the doctrines of Christ in the bible...Then you realize that not anyone who calls himself a Christian is considered truly a Christian...And I can guarantee you that all those points you just talked about judging Christians, well it's kinda embarrassing to say that about 70% of the Christians might do so...Why ? I'll tell you why...They drifted away from the doctrines of the bible and the real message of Christ...And people are taking these Christians as a bad example, and that's what's sad about it too...Clearly your post in here says it all....That's really sad...But a piece of an advice...Don't judge the religion by the so called Christians that are acting in many wrong ways and who are drifting away from the doctrines of Christ...These I shall call Bad Christians...I feel sorry how come they call themselves Christians too, they are a disgrace for the image of Christ...Anyways, you might wonder and think, he's Judging them !...Yes I'am, but it's not me who is judging them, it's the doctrine of Christ/God who is judging them through me...Anyways you are right about everything...And that's really sad. May god have mercy on all of us... [/b]

Ijawkid, are you seeing the comment of a honest christian?
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Ptolomeus(m): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Ijawkid, are you seeing the comment of a honest christian?
Hypocrisy, fanaticism and irrationality.
Good post!
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by HeKnows: 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hypocrisy, fanaticism and irrationality.
Good post!

I didn't get whether you are making fun of my post or you are agreeing with it. But it rather sounded that you were making fun.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Ptolomeus(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
HeKnows:

I didn't get whether you are making fun of my post or you are agreeing with it. But it rather sounded that you were making fun.
I 'm not making fun of your mail.
You as a Christian has been very critical. Christians wish they were all so, they abandon the bigotry and contempt for all other beliefs ...
Would be nice if some fans on the forum follow suit.
My respects.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 12:41am On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Shut up. The secular countries are peaceful and have been for a number of years.

Oboy will they be pÉaceful forever??

They are only forming peÀce!!peace!! All in order to go to war....like I told u time will reveal...

Meanwhile I have always also told u that it is only false christians who would engage in wars but u'll still bÉ so stiff Ñecked not to listen to me...

Someone up there just told u why u shuldnt generalize all d time...

There are false chrÍstians and there are true discreet christians...

If Jesus neither supported wars or conflicts nor got involved in them why shuld his followers presumpteously do otherwise??

I hate wars and will never participate in aÑy...

Í imitate Jesu§ who even when vilified and reviled did not go on reviLing...

Who when slapped kept his cool...

Who said"" he that kills by d sword dies by it""

Who was totally neutral to wars ...

U shuld knw that only a few are really christians compared to d billions out there who profess to be christians...

Remember narrow is that road leading into eternal life....
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 1:20am On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy will they be pÉaceful forever??

They are only forming peÀce!!peace!! All in order to go to war....like I told u time will reveal...

Meanwhile I have always also told u that it is only false christians who would engage in wars but u'll still bÉ so stiff Ñecked not to listen to me...

Someone up there just told u why u shuldnt generalize all d time...

There are false chrÍstians and there are true discreet christians...

If Jesus neither supported wars or conflicts nor got involved in them why shuld his followers presumpteously do otherwise??

I hate wars and will never participate in aÑy...

Í imitate Jesu§ who even when vilified and reviled did not go on reviLing...

Who when slapped kept his cool...

Who said"" he that kills by d sword dies by it""

Who was totally neutral to wars ...

U shuld knw that only a few are really christians compared to d billions out there who profess to be christians...

Remember narrow is that road leading into eternal life....

This is what the bible and christianity does to you.

You know very little about international politics, economics and sociology. You just spout end of the world conspiracies mixed mwith revelation nonsense from the bible.

Please, before you claim that other countries will be less peaceful, sit down and think about your own country first.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 5:25am On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

This is what the bible and christianity does to you.

You know very little about international politics, economics and sociology. You just spout end of the world conspiracies mixed mwith revelation nonsense from the bible.

Please, before you claim that other countries will be less peaceful, sit down and think about your own country first.

As ur Ùsual pompous self..

When some1 makes a comment u act like u know it all and that d person who made d comment isn't exposed,is an ode,an olodo,is jejune... bla bla bla...

I speak from d bibles view point and as I know peace is a relative word and its tempÓrary as far as this satan ruled world is concerned.......

The countries in which atheism abounds can't be peaceful forever...that we both are 100 percent sure...

So its just a matter of time b4 they start getin mad......

My and our country is crazy not because of religion but because of corruption(love for money)...............

Corruption can make any human practice d wrong religion and use religion as a cloak to do all sorts have bad things.........

Don't think ya atheist. Nations are so infallible....

Like i tell u TIME will prove u wrong.....
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 7:51am On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

As ur Ùsual pompous self..

When some1 makes a comment u act like u know it all and that d person who made d comment isn't exposed,is an ode,an olodo,is jejune... bla bla bla...

I speak from d bibles view point and as I know peace is a relative word and its tempÓrary as far as this satan ruled world is concerned.......

The countries in which atheism abounds can't be peaceful forever...that we both are 100 percent sure...

So its just a matter of time b4 they start getin mad......

My and our country is crazy not because of religion but because of corruption(love for money)...............

Corruption can make any human practice d wrong religion and use religion as a cloak to do all sorts have bad things.........

Don't think ya atheist. Nations are so infallible....

Like i tell u TIME will prove u wrong.....

So you just point to some people with the backing of your bible and say that they will get mad and less peaceful? How can you not see the s.tupidity in that?
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 9:01am On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

So you just point to some people with the backing of your bible and say that they will get mad and less peaceful? How can you not see the s.tupidity in that?

Oboy time will elapse and tell who is right......

I pray we are all alife to see these changes happen.....

As for me d more they happen d more I know an end is near.....
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy time will elapse and tell who is right......

I pray we are all alife to see these changes happen.....

As for me d more they happen d more I know an end is near.....

People like you would be sectioned in developed societies. We have been hearing that the end is near for over 2000 years from your type. Shut up.

When the stock markets crashed in the 80's, azzholes like you claimed that the end of the world is near

When the millenium (2000) was approaching, people like you were claiming the end of the world in 98 and 99.

Iraq war came after and we were hearing imminent world war and end of the world.

Then the movie 2012 came and everybody said that the world will end in 12/12/12!

Shut the feck up.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

People like you would be sectioned in developed societies. We have been hearing that the end is near for over 2000 years from your type. Shut up.

When the stock markets crashed in the 80's, azzholes like you claimed that the end of the world is near

When the millenium (2000) was approaching, people like you were claiming the end of the world in 98 and 99.

Iraq war came after and we were hearing imminent world war and end of the world.

Then the movie 2012 came and everybody said that the world will end in 12/12/12!

Shut the feck up.

The movie 2012 aint my business.....

An end is imminent....

Ur jejune view of time is not in anyway related to the way the Great time keeper(Yahweh) views time.....

So go play around,do what u like,but that won't change Gods appointed times and seasons.......

Repent oooooooooo.....

Great tribulations that has not occured no nor will occur again is soon to come...

Economic instability,threats of war, are just lil compared to what d great tribulation wuld look like.......

When d end comes u'll hear of it even in ur grave......

Repent oooooooooo.....
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

The movie 2012 aint my business.....

An end is imminent....

Ur jejune view of time is not in anyway related to the way the Great time keeper(Yahweh) views time.....

So go play around,do what u like,but that won't change Gods appointed times and seasons.......

Repent oooooooooo.....

Lmao.......you have nothing to say.
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Lmao.......you have nothing to say.

Watelse do u want me to say??

Na me produce d film?
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Watelse do u want me to say??

Na me produce d film?

Who is talking about the film? I am talking about you and your fellow christians' failed doomsday theories
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Who is talking about the film? I am talking about you and your fellow christians' failed doomsday theories

Oboy @ Gods appointed time dooms day will come....

@ his time not our time....

So get that bro......
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy @ Gods appointed time dooms day will come....

@ his time not our time....

So get that bro......

Then why do you claim the end is near? God could end the world in year 5012.

Just shut up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Then why do you claim the end is near? God could end the world in year 5012.

Just shut up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I agree God can end d world in the year 5012...

That is his time....

Our view of time is completely different frm God's...........
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I agree God can end d world in the year 5012...

That is his time....

Our view of time is completely different frm God's...........

lol......but God doesnt exist.

Ijawkid, should I make a thread where you and I can discuss yor belief in God?
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

lol......but God doesnt exist.

Ijawkid, should I make a thread where you and I can discuss yor belief in God?

I wuld love it if we emailed each other...

I use my phone so its much difficult for me to type really fast...

And u know some of ur freinds will derail our discussion...lol

If ur ready we culd use our emails...:-)....
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I wuld love it if we emailed each other...

I use my phone so its much difficult for me to type really fast...

And u know some of ur freinds will derail our discussion...lol

If ur ready we culd use our emails...:-)....

Email or yahoo chat?
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by ijawkid(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Email or yahoo chat?

Both of em.....

Email wuld be better so that we can always continue our discuss from where we stop....:-)...

Oya this is my email add...

Wagskehinde@yahoo.com
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Both of em.....

Email wuld be better so that we can always continue our discuss from where we stop....:-)...

Oya this is my email add...

Wagskehinde@yahoo.com

added you
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Logicbwoy: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
lolz.....the good old days
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2012
Logicboy03: lolz.....the good old days
Re: 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) by AtheistD(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
It was a nice debate. Why did you have to get all chummy and start emailling yourselves?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists) / My People Perish Due To Lack Of Knowledge / Why The Deception & Who Is Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.