Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,835 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 (4900 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

Yeah, every religious group deludes themselves they have no replacement.
When you wake up from the brainwashing and mind control, you’ll understand better.
Lol. Do you even believe in the Bible?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
OkCornel:

You are still struggling with the basics. Go and commune with the Holy Spirit to help with your spiritual growth.
I can’t expose you to meat and bones if you’re still struggling with milk sir.
Honestly, I don’t have the appetite for fruitless arguments. Your responses on this thread isn’t encouraging enough neither is it mentally stimulating. You don’t even challenge me with thought provoking questions. And I don’t mean in it in a disrespectful way.
You have some growing to do. The Holy Spirit has your blueprint and knows how best to teach you. Of course there are human teachers, but the Holy Spirit is the best.
Why settle for good or better if the best is freely available? Why?
Baba goodbye.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Baba goodbye.

Best of luck whilst you're still looking up to flesh and blood to reveal the Truth to you.
You can look up to your governing body or whatever it is in the JW.

There are level to this walk with God...

Flesh and Blood didn't reveal a profound truth to Peter, and for that reason...Christ established his church on Peter the Rock...

Anyways, I guess this one will still fly over your head.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
OkCornel:

Best of luck whilst you're still looking up to flesh and blood to reveal the Truth to you.
You can look up to your governing body or whatever it is in the JW.
There are level to this walk with God...
Flesh and Blood didn't reveal a profound truth to Peter, and for that reason...Christ established his church on Peter the Rock...
Anyways, I guess this one will still fly over your head.
Okay bye.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Okay bye.
Now you understand what i meant when i told him that we're not worshiping the same God with him. According to his opinion those that humbly associates with fellow believers to eat the same spiritual food prepared by the faithful and discreet slave aren't worshiping his own God yet he wants to misconstrued the whole thing cunningly that since we read the same Bible we're on the same page! wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Now you understand what i meant when i told him that we're not worshiping the same God with him. According to his opinion those that humbly associates with fellow believers to eat the same spiritual food prepared by the faithful and discreet slave aren't worshiping his own God yet he wants to misconstrued the whole thing cunningly that since we read the same Bible we're on the same page! wink

At what time (not where in the scriptures) did Paul mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease?
Since JW do not believe God can perform miracles and healings today?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2022
OkCornel:

At what time (not where in the scriptures) did Paul mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease? Since JW do not believe God can perform miracles and healings today?

Are you worshiping the same God with those who don't believe in your God? smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are you worshiping the same God with those who don't believe in your God? smiley

Well, there is only one True God.
Is the God of the JWs different from the one True God?

Not to sidestep my initial question;
At what time (not where in the scriptures) did Paul mention the gifts of the Spirit would cease?
Since JW do not believe God can perform miracles and healings today smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Miracles are everywhere, we see it around us and feel it. Prayer is a miracle too.
After the Jews killed Jesus Christ and before he ascended, it was clear that the Jews no longer had God's favor but he has shifted his favor to the nations as well as long as they out faith in Jesus Christ but this new religions group need something to back them up that they now had God's favor. It began in the day of Pentecost where the early Christians were filled with holy spirit which empowered them to speak in tongues (other languages- intelligible languages), perform miracles like healing, resurrection, etc. This is compared to a road sign that can guide a sincere person to the new faith and as my brother Maximus said, Paul himself encouraged fellow believers to use this sign in promoting the body of Christ but they were to cease. The Christian congregation was still like an infant needing parental support but once they became fully established, the things like the miraculous speaking in tongues, miracles and one other thing he said were to cease. Today, we don't need to look for such things to guide us cos looking for signs and wonders can even lead one to the devil and many pastors today gain their powers from the devil. The Bible is what can guide any sincere person to the Truth and not signs and wonders. Unlike the ancient times, people today use it to promote themselves and their Churches and it is quite divisive. It never happened in the time of the apostles... Those who were healed then and resurrected still died again but time is coming when Jehovah God will bring about the grandest miracles man will ever see - cleansing the earth of wickedness and wicked influence, opening the eyes of all the blind, bringing out of the graves all those who have died, bringing an end to sickness, pain, death, poverty, sin and imperfections and giving everlasting life to all humans. To experience these blessings, we must live our lives to gain his approval but we need to learn about them (John 17:3; Zeph 2:3; John 3:16; Romans 10:13)... Jesus Christ foretold that in our time, his true disciples will be preaching the good news of God's kingdom and showing self sacrificing love. Today, most Christians are promoting political entities that divide us, they leave Christ to become obedient to mortal man that can even die today and they participate in conflict just like those without faith.
Did Jesus Christ not even reprove those who followed him cos of the miracles they were seeing instead of listening to his life giving message? They were later offended by some of the things he said and some wanted to kill him, stone him and throw him down from a cliff but they later killed him for blasphemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Miracles are everywhere, we see it around us and feel it. Prayer is a miracle too.
After the Jews killed Jesus Christ and before he ascended, it was clear that the Jews no longer had God's favor but he has shifted his favor to the nations as well as long as they out faith in Jesus Christ but this new religions group need something to back them up that they now had God's favor. It began in the day of Pentecost where the early Christians were filled with holy spirit which empowered them to speak in tongues (other languages- intelligible languages), perform miracles like healing, resurrection, etc. This is compared to a road sign that can guide a sincere person to the new faith and as my brother Maximus said, Paul himself encouraged fellow believers to use this sign in promoting the body of Christ but they were to cease. The Christian congregation was still like an infant needing parental support but once they became fully established, the things like the miraculous speaking in tongues, miracles and one other thing he said were to cease. Today, we don't need to look for such things to guide us cos looking for signs and wonders can even lead one to the devil and many pastors today gain their powers from the devil. The Bible is what can guide any sincere person to the Truth and not signs and wonders. Unlike the ancient times, people today use it to promote themselves and their Churches and it is quite divisive. It never happened in the time of the apostles... Those who were healed then and resurrected still died again but time is coming when Jehovah God will bring about the grandest miracles man will ever see - cleansing the earth of wickedness and wicked influence, opening the eyes of all the blind, bringing out of the graves all those who have died, bringing an end to sickness, pain, death, poverty, sin and imperfections and giving everlasting life to all humans. To experience these blessings, we must live our lives to gain his approval but we need to learn about them (John 17:3; Zeph 2:3; John 3:16; Romans 10:13)... Jesus Christ foretold that in our time, his true disciples will be preaching the good news of God's kingdom and showing self sacrificing love. Today, most Christians are promoting political entities that divide us, they leave Christ to become obedient to mortal man that can even die today and they participate in conflict just like those without faith.
Did Jesus Christ not even reprove those who followed him cos of the miracles they were seeing instead of listening to his life giving message? They were later offended by some of the things he said and some wanted to kill him, stone him and throw him down from a cliff but they later killed him for blasphemy

Walahi talahi you get time for this guy o!

See thorough explanation!

Well my brother, what Jehovah's lost sheep need to identify pure worship is not far fetch {Matthew 10:6} it's the faithless that are demanding so much {Matthew 16:4} when they have nothing to offer. So once i discover faithlessness in someone i don't waste my time on such i quickly dismiss them and continue the search! Matthew 10:14

The message i often drop that always disturb them is "you're not a worshiper of my God" so whatever they say means nothing again as long as i've delivered that message, let them go and find faithful, fully competent and completely equipped Bible students out there who will agree with their thoughts! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by OkCornel(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

The Spirit of Truth is what guides one into all truth. Not signs and wonders or even the Bible itself.

Afterall, the devil quoted the scriptures out of context to tempt and deceive Jesus. Without the Holy Spirit (which drove Jesus to the wilderness where he was tempted by Satan)...do you really think one can overcome Satan's temptation?

John the Baptist, Jesus, the Apostles, the blood brothers of Jesus - James & Jude never had kind words for false teachers, as they are people that corrupt the truth to deceive many.

Studying the Bible without the Spirit of Truth to guide one is just a perfect recipe for deception and disaster.

That being said, on signs and wonders - the kingdom of light performs signs and wonders. The kingdom of darkness also imitate these signs and wonders. But what the kingdom of darkness can never imitate is THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT. Only those who have the Spirit of Truth can bear this fruit.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2022
OkCornel:

The Spirit of Truth is what guides one into all truth. Not signs and wonders or even the Bible itself.

Afterall, the devil quoted the scriptures out of context to tempt Jesus. Without the Holy Spirit (which drove Jesus to the wilderness where he was tempted by Satan)...do you really think one can overcome Satan's temptation?
Yes, we need the spirit of truth
Yes, we can withstand Satan (not just his temptations) as we're not ignorant of his designs
Besides, we have the complete suit of armor to withstand him and we have Jehovah's powerful holy spirit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by SeraphEl: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
Thank you for this. This thread appeared at a very opportuned time. I'm having the same discussion with a number of people on a youtube channel- one of those "sola scriptura" adherents.

My answers to them are exactly what you are elucidating here. I tell ya. It angers me when people think they can limit the GOD of the universe to a book. They don't see this sola scriptura as a form of religious idolatry of sorts; an attempt to control and box GOD in. I see it as attempt to contain and explain GOD away.

I believe part of the problem, is an attempt also to counter the other side of extreme; the hyper charismatics where anything and everything is the from the Spirit, by experience of GOD and very little or rarely scritpurally supported. This is one of devil's handiwork; playing both sides.

We do not worship the bible but the GOD of the bible. This is difficult concept for them to grasp. And they completely dismiss the SPIRIT of GOD. Wasn't it Paul who says "the letter kills, but SPIRIT gives life". It's mind boggling and I can not fathom how one can carry on with christian life believing GOD can never speak to them apart from bible; as if bible has their names and issues specifically written in. They are in fact, religious atheists.

Anyway, Well done...keep up the good work. What you are doing here enlightening these (stuborn and blind) minds will be truly rewarding in this life and the next. Your efforts are not in vain, keep in mind there are people passing by who are learning queitly. Do not let the noisy ones discourage you.

Blessings.

OkCornel:
When Jesus was about to leave, he promised his followers another comforter, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH. Which will lead them into all truth.

Jesus never referred his followers to a set of books, rather… he promised them the spirit of truth.

Knowing fully well God’s truth can never be limited to a set of books in this realm of existence.

Little wonder John wrote this in his epistle.

John 21 v 25;
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

If all the acts and sayings of Jesus alone were written and the whole world can’t contain it, how can you then turn around and tell me all of God’s word is captured in some set of books?!

E no go better for religious brainwashing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Walahi talahi you get time for this guy o!

See thorough explanation!

Well my brother, what Jehovah's lost sheep need to identify pure worship is not far fetch {Matthew 10:6} it's the faithless that are demanding so much {Matthew 16:4} when they have nothing to offer. So once i discover faithlessness in someone i don't waste my time on such i quickly dismiss them and continue the search! Matthew 10:14

The message i often drop that always disturb them is "you're not a worshiper of my God" so whatever they say means nothing again as long as i've delivered that message, let them go and find faithful, fully competent and completely equipped Bible students out there who will agree with their thoughts! smiley

Sir, I'm your brother. I been following you for a while. I really wanted to feel you somi opened an account.
I really admire your way of using scriptures. We learn the same thing but there are times you explain the scriptures in a way that I ask myself 'wow, why haven't I come up with such reasoning before?!' If you were in my Cong, you'd have been my best friend, I really admire you sir. I can say it a million times. If you enter my search box, it is your name that will come out first whether na NL or Google or something else. I just love reading your comments. Most times, I'm awed like a child, I take lots of screenshots, I smile but sometimes, to be honest, I'm shocked too. Be careful not to become so controversial or take things out of context. And pls do not become proud, let's use the knowledge we have to boast in Jehovah. I love you bro, I wish to see you in real life. I also admire Janosky. I don't know of anyone else cos I follow you too much
But it is not in this forum that we can find sincere people, it tends to draw opposer's to bring up lies about us. Maxindhouse!! Like this, I feel so excited as if I should just deactivate the account and comot the forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Sir, I'm your brother. I been following you for a while. I really wanted to feel you somi opened an account.
I really admire your way of using scriptures. We learn the same thing but there are times you explain the scriptures in a way that I ask myself 'wow, why haven't I come up with such reasoning before?!' If you were in my Cong, you'd have been my best friend, I really admire you sir. I can say it a million times. If you enter my search box, it is your name that will come out first whether na NL or Google or something else. I just love reading your comments. Most times, I'm awed like a child, I take lots of screenshots, I smile but sometimes, to be honest, I'm shocked too. Be careful not to become so controversial or take things out of context. And pls do not become proud, let's use the knowledge we have to boast in Jehovah. I love you bro, I wish to see you in real life. I also admire Janosky. I don't know of anyone else cos I follow you too much
But it is not in this forum that we can find sincere people, it tends to draw opposer's to bring up lies about us. Maxindhouse!! Like this, I feel so excited as if I should just deactivate the account and comot the forum

NO don't do that! undecided

On this same forum i've met many who are now studying with JWs due to what they've heard and the few discussions we had with the faithless people here. One thing i often target is sincere individuals.

Let me share something just recent with you!

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
Please carefully read the conversation between me and this person named Zoer then try to imagine how all the apostates on that thread felt when this same zoer asked a question that silenced them all:

"Is there a better replacement for JW?"

Templee333:
PREFACE TO THIS STORY
I thank everyone who followed my previous stories thoroughly. I hope u learned a thing or two by reading them. Here I want u all to know BCS wasn't the begining of everything. It was after my effort to find the biblical God in other christian denominations had yielded no result that i started to look elswhere.I want to narate a story that i believe will be an eye opener to a lot of people.I left the JW society at the age of 22. After releasing all my effort into the only organization i believed was the "truth",i came to realize that i've been lied to. If u are a faithful Jw reading this,please kindly get out because it is an apostate thread & it's not good for ur blind faith. But if u are a JW who is trying hard to believe the bulshits u r being fed in the organization,stay here & see how ur already weary faith extinguishes in a short time. Unlike the other stories,i am 100% sure of anything i'l tell u here abt the JWs. This is templee333 apostate network FM, DONT TOUCH THE DIAL...

zoer:
MaxinDhouse will come for you if only he won't derail the topic

zoer:

You called humans crested by Jehova despicable?

How low can you go?...What happens to love your neighbor as yourself?
What happens to "he that insults his brother is in danger of hell".

zoer:

I believe your Bible still have the portion where Christ said " I came for the sinners not the righteous"....

Jesus Christ ate with sinners, slept with sinners.

All Jesus disciples were sinners...he never called the righteous.

If JW used vile words on you would you have been a member?..

Did you still remember the portion in your Bible that said " He without sin should cast the first stone"?

zoer:

UNREPENTANT EVIL DOERS was used on some people by jesus n john because They saw the atrocities n evils the people were commiting.

This is a faceless forum ...so why call people those names when you have seen us nor know our works?

Don't you think you are using those words to judge us blindly?

zoer:

Is there a better replacement for JW?

Ever since then this guy (zoer) stopped joining the mockers of pure worship, why? Because he has found something worthwhile in that thread!

So my brother many like zoer, Cornelboy, SeniorMan are the work in progress as they're seeing with their spiritual eyes what many failed to grasp! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Please carefully read the conversation between me and this person named Zoer then try to imagine how all the apostates on that thread felt when this same zoer asked a question that silenced them all:

"Is there a better replacement for JW?"

Ever since then this guy (zoer) stopped joining the mockers of pure worship, why? Because he has found something worthwhile in that thread!

So my brother many like zoer, Cornelboy, SeniorMan are the work in progress as they're seeing with their spiritual eyes what many failed to grasp! smiley
Nice, thanks for sharing. If these ones engage in this group especially against atheists and the likes, it could poison their faith as they are not fully equipped to defend themselves against the fiery darts of the devil. That was what Brother Lett said in his broadcast of September. It won't boost their faith
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Nice, thanks for sharing. If these ones engage in this group especially against atheists and the likes, it could poison their faith as they are not fully equipped to defend themselves against the fiery darts of the devil. That was what Brother Lett said in his broadcast of September. It won't boost their faith

So in the midst of faithless atheists and apostates honest hearted and sincere ones will notice the facts no matter how the faithless oppose the TRUTH! wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Pls are you born a JW?
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So in the midst of faithless atheists and apostates honest hearted and sincere ones will notice the facts no matter how the faithless oppose the TRUTH! wink
It is like a battlefield. There are people you don't carry alongside until they are 'fully competent' and completely equipped for such work. I had seen how studious seniorman is and cornelboy. Very commendable though
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Pls are you born a JW?
No sir
I searched for the truth in 2016
Found it and began studying the Bible in 2017
Became an unbaptized publisher in 2018
Became baptized in 2019

I'm still a baby in Jehovah's eyes but trying to keep walking in the truth as we wait patiently on Jehovah

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

No sir
Became baptized in 2019
I'm still a baby in Jehovah's eyes but trying to keep walking in the truth as we wait patiently on Jehovah
Whoa cool.
I thought you were born a JW.
You mentioned something in your post to MaxinDhouse that we (seniorman and I) are not equipped enough to discuss on this forum.

Ọmọ nothing can shake my beliefs. The JW.org is the only group doing God's will today. They have the perfect interpretation of the Bible.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Whoa cool.
You mentioned something in your post to MaxinDhouse that we (seniorman and I) are not equipped enough to discuss on this forum.

Ọmọ nothing can shake my beliefs. The JW.org is the only group doing God's will today. They have the perfect interpretation of the Bible.
I'm really sorry bro
Apologies. From my imperfect understanding, I thought that Zoer, you and Seniorman were just Bible students so I said so. Bible students trying to defend their beliefs in a forum of apostates and faithless ones can be dangerous

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I'm really sorry bro
Apologies. From my imperfect understanding, I thought that Zoer, you and Seniorman were just Bible students so I said so. Bible students trying to defend their beliefs in a forum of apostates and faithless ones can be dangerous
Sure. Your right.

I'm of course a Bible student.
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:08pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

No sir
Became baptized in 2019

cornelboy:

Whoa cool.

Both of you are like Isaiah who heard Jehovah's call and immediately said "here i am send me" {Isaiah 6:8} unlike me Maximus (Mr Jonah) who came in contact with the truth since 1992 but ran away in search of another religion that could have half truth yes you heard me right "HALF TRUTH" while i was thinking it's possible to get something similar. I tried so many religions, i even mingle with atheists due to their sugarcoated mouth but at last i discovered that all of them are on one page leaving the JWs on the other side! Matthew 7:13-14

So whenever anyone tries to use motivational speeches against God's people i will ask them the question a white brother taught me to always ask them: do you know a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses?

My brothers from 1992 till today there has not being any single religion whose member could boldly speak up and say "my own religion is performing better than JWs" instead they'll say "there are many better performing groups" but they're not members so they can't pinpoint where such religions are doing well than JWs! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Sure. Your right.

I'm of course a Bible student.
Me too, Max too, including the governing body. We all need to study the Bible to boost our faith and receive instruction from God. That's was how we used to be addressed before 1931 when Jehovah kindly named us his Witnesses!

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Me too, Max too, including the governing body. We all need to study the Bible to boost our faith and receive instruction from God. That's was how we used to be addressed before 1931 when Jehovah kindly named us his Witnesses!

"You will leave behind a name that my chosen ones will use as a curse, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will put each of you to death, But his own servants he will call by another name" Isaiah 65:15

When Satan thought he has criminalized the group name "CHRISTIANS" with the agents he infused in the congregation of God right from the first century {Matthew 13:25} Jesus allowed all to continue growing together {Matthew 13:26-29} but after his return in the year 1914 Jesus couldn't find the faith he established again {Luke 18:8} so he noticed the group of researchers trying to figure out where the churches went off course so Jesus began directing them through the Holy Spirit and gradually they were making amendments until JEHOVAH adopted this group as His own and revealed to them the name that all the angels in heaven never knew as God's choice to name all His worshipers from Abel till date:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Both of you are like Isaiah who heard Jehovah's call and immediately said "here i am send me" {Isaiah 6:8} unlike me Maximus (Mr Jonah) who came in contact with the truth since 1992 but ran away in search of another religion that could have half truth yes you heard me right "HALF TRUTH" while i was thinking it's possible to get something similar. I tried so many religions, i even mingle with atheists due to their sugarcoated mouth but at last i discovered that all of them are on one page leaving the JWs on the other side! Matthew 7:13-14

So whenever anyone tries to use motivational speeches against God's people i will ask them the question a white brother taught me to always ask them: do you know a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses?

My brothers from 1992 till today there as not being any single religion whose member could boldly speak up and say "my own religion is performing better than JWs" instead they'll say "there are many better performing groups" but they're not members so they can't pinpoint where such religions are doing well than JWs! smiley

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them. The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'. I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria). I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism. I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral. Jews are just bigots and Muslims are so divided and easily resort to violence. I was confused and upset

Then Jehovah found me, no one came to preach to me, if it were so, I don't listen to the Witnesses then. Everything is a miracle. Jehovah has answered so much of my prayers but if I were to deny he answers prayers, I can't deny how he found me. Was with an Anglican friend discussing sex, football, education and religion but how the whole thing played out and what he said (unconsciously) aroused my curiosity and made me study the Bible intensely and the publications. I put God, the Bible and Jehovah's witnesses on trial. I devoured all the publications I found, I found God, I screamed, I shouted, I preached and then I had not even had a Bible teacher. I said I would preach all over Africa (was crazy) and was encouraged by the example of William 'Bible' Brown in our 2014 yearbook. I was not brainwashed, I question things, I do research, I carry my brains in my head not my pocket. I try to be encouraged by other faithful servants and I try to be an encouragement to all around me.
Jehovah has been so good to me and how can I repay him? I raise my hands to the heavens and may Jehovah do so and add all the plagues of the Bible on my head if I , Emmanuel Gabriel leave him to become an atheists under pressure or frustrations or join other religions. This is the way! If anyone says I'm blind or brainwashed, I will gladly accept as long as I'm still walking in the way. Think of it, people on the way to life are few and the road is cramped so we can expect those on the wide road with broad gate to laugh at, persecute those on the narrow road cos in their mind, they think they are on the way to happiness but in reality, it leads to their destruction. I am so happy, my life is meaningful, I radiate joy, worship the happy God, in the happiest brotherhood, with the happiest hopes, prospect, work, ministry. Knowledge of God gives our lives meaning and that is our whole obligation. Doing differently fills us with pains and frustrations. I was lost in a wilderness of frustration and hopelessness and Jehovah raised me up like a parent to an infant and showed me his 'face' and gave me a smile. Noah is my favorite Bible character, faithful for over 900 years. How many years do I have remaining, I can be like Noah.
This is the way, walk in it with integrity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

If not for Jehovah, I would have been an atheist. I grew up a Pentecostal but was always empty, God was blank and I knew nothing about him- this hole in me but they tell me I need to be born again and speak in tongues, I could not pray and I hated shouting for my enemies to die when I don't know them. The hypocrisy was too much in Church and why will you judge me for coming late to church without ask why and seeing me drenched but you say God will put me in hellfire. I once look up at night and said ' God, you are wicked!, you don't even help us in the hellish conditions on earth and you take pleasure in seeing people in eternal torment?'. I was determined to leave religion but I prayed to God by writing a letter begging him to show me the way or I become an atheist. I did not know how to pray so I wrote a letter and left it under a table on the pulpit and did research on all the Churches and religions of the world (including those not in Nigeria). I was determined to even be a Muslim or Mormon if it were. All of them were no good, they preach peace by mouth but willing to kill. Why will I join any religion that claims to have God's approval and promote peace but in times of conflict, they kill one another in the spirit of patriotism and tribalism. I happily thought of being an atheist where I can follow selfish interests and not be accountable to God but atheists are the most unhappiest people in the planet. They reflect no true joy, purpose, meaning in life. Most of them die like animals- living a purposeless and meaningless life, at old age, you know your life is purposeless and most die depressed. This is not an assumption, I made research. Their joy is ephemeral. Jews are just bigots and Muslims are so divided and easily resort to violence. I was confused and upset

Then Jehovah found me, no one came to preach to me, if it were so, I don't listen to the Witnesses then. Everything is a miracle. Jehovah has answered so much of my prayers but if I were to deny he answers prayers, I can't deny how he found me. Was with an Anglican friend discussing sex, football, education and religion but how the whole thing played out and what he said (unconsciously) aroused my curiosity and made me study the Bible intensely and the publications. I put God, the Bible and Jehovah's witnesses on trial. I devoured all the publications I found, I found God, I screamed, I shouted, I preached and then I had not even had a Bible teacher. I said I would preach all over Africa (was crazy) and was encouraged by the example of William 'Bible' Brown in our 2014 yearbook. I was not brainwashed, I question things, I do research, I carry my brains in my head not my pocket. I try to be encouraged by other faithful servants and I try to be an encouragement to all around me.
Jehovah has been so good to me and how can I repay him? I raise my hands to the heavens and may Jehovah do so and add all the plagues of the Bible on my head if I , Emmanuel Gabriel leave him to become an atheists under pressure or frustrations or join other religions. This is the way! If anyone says I'm blind or brainwashed, I will gladly accept as long as I'm still walking in the way. Think of it, people on the way to life are few and the road is cramped so we can expect those on the wide road with broad gate to laugh at, persecute those on the narrow road cos in their mind, they think they are on the way to happiness but in reality, it leads to their destruction. I am so happy, my life is meaningful, I radiate joy, worship the happy God, in the happiest brotherhood, with the happiest hopes, prospect, work, ministry. Knowledge of God gives our lives meaning and that is our whole obligation. Doing differently fills us with pains and frustrations. I was lost in a wilderness of frustration and hopelessness and Jehovah raised me up like a parent to an infant and showed me his 'face' and gave me a smile. Noah is my favorite Bible character, faithful for over 900 years. How many years do I have remaining, I can be like Noah.

Each of us has a story to tell about how we came into the truth but there's one thing that often baffles me:

WHY is it that in our former religions we don't take things seriously until we became one of JWs?

I never took Islam seriously because everything sounds stupid to me even though i want to argue with Christians still i often see myself as a hypocrite arguing based on what i can't defend only to turn to rage when caught in my own web! smiley
Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by Aemmyjah(m): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Each of us has a story to tell about how we came into the truth but there's one thing that often baffles me:

WHY is it that in our former religions we don't take things seriously until we became one of JWs?

I never took Islam seriously because everything sounds stupid to me even though i want to argue with Christians still i often see myself as a hypocrite arguing based on what i can't defend only to turn to rage when caught in my own web! smiley
Me too. I was so good at defending Men of God though their lives contrast those of Bible times as the ones we have are proud, materialistic, egoistic. I never had any widow's mite cos of them and the way they speak, I was scared that God will punish me with poverty. It's just foolish gambling that has reduced many into poverty.
When a person in my former religion tells me to know the truth and be free, I smile and beg God not to make me laugh. It is like going to a police station. A prisoner sees you, because the cell separates you from him, he calls you a prisoner whereas he's the one in the cell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Me too. I was so good at defending Men of God though their lives contrast those of Bible times as the ones we have are proud, materialistic, egoistic. I never had any widow's mite cos of them and the way they speak, I was scared that God will punish me with poverty. It's just foolish gambling that has reduced many into poverty.
When a person in my former religion tells me to know the truth and be free, I smile and beg God not to make me laugh. It is like going to a police station. A prisoner sees you, because the cell separates you from him, he calls you a prisoner whereas he's the one in the cell

MaxInDHouse:

You will have reasons to laugh but you just have to manage not to annoy them because most of them are speaking from their hearts! Luke 6:45

It's really pathetic! smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Need An Update? | Ep. 101 by cornelboy(f): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Whoa. Not so many people are like you.
And I think my story is similar to yours but I never thought to become an athiest.

I'd like to share my story too.

I'm glad to see stories like this. It strengthens my faith. Gives me more assurance that I'm on the right part.

Love you brother smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Moral Victory: Religious Exploitation, And The New American Creed / Dealing With Depression & Suicidal Thoughts As An Atheist. logicboy Confesses. / COZA Church Members Throng Dubai For Pastor's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.