Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense (28947 Views)

US Survey Declares Nigerian Men 8th Sexiest In The World / Best Dressed Nigerian Men In 2013 By MODE Men Magazine.. You Agree? / Who Said Nigerian Men Dont Have Swag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ronnieslimz(f): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
dem too much sef!! even some of d celebrities. . really shameful!!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Caradona(f): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ TOPIC

What's up with some Nigerian Men dressing like a Thug. Especially the ones with Pot-belly with a Handkerchief tied round his head. One approached me once and I thought he was an area Boys and I ran for my dear life.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by chillbabe(f): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2007
Well all i can say is that most of the Nigerian guys in Amsterdam are well dressed.If i compare them to other blackguys here.U have some that over do it.

As for my guy he dress very well not to loud.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by emekag2: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
The older you get, the less you dress.

Spending money on fancy flashy clothes, and seemingly endless array of wardrobe choices and sport hairstyles that cost so much to maintain are the live of television characters. It is not something you can do forever.

Men and women, please dress simple.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Ralvy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2007
@poster,

Please edit the topic

"Some" Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by BASETSANA(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2007
Most of the Nigerian men l have seen in South Africa have a good dress sense
but they all make the one same terrible mistake!Shades!l dont know what it is with shades and Nigerians cause the shades are worn even in winter when there is no sunshine!Oh maybe they think it will make them look that and all, l dont know,
but guys really, you overdoing it!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by stefykarl: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
honestly, some people are making me laugh here. nigerian guys are good dressers, and they love looking good, maybe the people talikng abt, the shades and the jewelry only hang out or meet the traders, cos they are the ones i have seen here dress like dat. i love there good sense of dresiing. americans here wear nonsense, how mqny shirts do they put on, not talking abt the cold or wat have u, they cant compare wit naija guys, i disagree with the people dat say they dont dress well
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by saintchux(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2007
must I wear expensive clothes before I dress fine. What entails dressing fine?
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by redsun(m): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2007
Dress sense is personal and inborn,influenced by orientation,experience and concept.You can tell a person by the way he or she dresses.Fashion mistake in one place could be style in another,it depends on who is pulling the shot.Of course,some nigerians like in every other place,are cool dressers,natty and wannabes,it all depends on ones view of things in general,aswell as desposition.Some think is cool to spend money on expensive stuffs like gucci,prada,armani,etc,while others think of designing their own style to make money.In england,you have chavs,they dress bogusly to impress,because that kind of make them thick,in america you have getto style,what you will call street dressing.It all boils down to mind set,i will rather be simple with jeans,t-shirts ,shots and shot cut african dresses,than to bother with top brands and bogus clothes.Fashion is about money making and brainwashing.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by aloib(f): 1:44pm On Aug 22, 2007
saintchux:

must I wear expensive clothes before I dress fine. What entails dressing fine?

this is one of them o, who is talking bout expensive clothes, sugumu oshi
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by klas(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2007
I think we Nigerian men should be given  5 stars in good dress sense. I once worked in an Italian professional service company. The Italian expats whose salaries sound like gsm phone nos would come to work in sneakers, jeans, short sleeve shirts and top it up with ties!!!. There was a day we went to the State House. The MD (an italian) wore check tie on top of check shirt with check blazer [/b]TO MATCH[b] making him look like a graph sheet. I always wonder what happened to the fabled Italian fashion.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
wait oooo, do naija guys fry their hair, have large stud on their ear, paint their finger these days in nigeria?
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Mandora(f): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2007
I think Nigerian Men put in a comendable effort. One thing I knw abt Nigerians in general is dat dey travel alot, watch a lot of cable TV and read alot of foreign mags. So dey follow current trends alot n with a little common sense, tdey come out rite.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2007
cant believe this thread blew up like this.

dont know why people are bringing up Nigerian women in this although I already agreed that some over do it with the makeup more than the dressing really.

Im sure "his_grace" is the type to wear R kelly glasses at 1am which would explain his whining.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ TOH,
I agree with you, but with the way you are bashing them naija dudes, might I ask if you've ever dated a naija dude and if you were satisfied with his dress sense.

Dont date[b] typical[/b] Nigerian guys so I never really had that problem. wink
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by toks81(f): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin hummmmmmm his grace you try,but why that yab on my sister.you guys do mess up big time sometimes for example check out this typical loser on www.kemjisuper.faithweb.com.See the picture of an OMATA member.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Ralvy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
@poster;

Are u mad?

Common, change that topic to "Some Nigerian men lack dress sense"
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by castor(f): 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2007
i think Naija guyz dress okay enuf,
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Maxidoe(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2007
This is a really very interesting topic,but i think the ladies are not been fair,what  percentage of men do they think dont really dress well?Sure i agree that some men dress in a very weird manner like weraing shades at nit and wearing jackets during hot season.Does that also mean that bankers and other coperate workers dont have a good sense of dressing,or are they reffering to area boys and motor park touts,because for me most of there findinmgs such as wearing shades at nit and jacket during hot season is very common wit are boys,it is a good topic for arguement,bur we need them to be objective.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2007
people in coporate offices are REQUIRED to dress well and even then some of them go around with their tailor la run suits that are too small for them made from kampala material with their midget ties and high water trousers.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

people in coporate offices are REQUIRED to dress well and even then some of them go around with their tailor la run suits that are too small for them made from kampala material with their midget ties and high water trousers.

chei TOH,small small now.
Some of us could only get our hands on typical Nigerian men LOL.

But my dear the midget ties are a no no.Short and fat ties as if they have their mother's scarf on their necks.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ marco74,the 2 men in that picture look snazzy.
Those are some good suits.

If a man must wear a suit (which is a must for formals) let him buy them in the right places and get them adjusted properly.

The other thing I can't stand are suspenders
Each time I see that Larry king on CNN,I wished I could reach in and strangle him with those cords on his shoulders
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2007
lol I think Larry needs those suspenders though. I mean look at his shoulders
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

lol I think Larry needs those suspenders though. I mean look at his shoulders

ROFL.
His shoulders look like a bridge I know at Abakpa nike grin
He shouldn't wear suspenders to draw attention to them.
Thank God he's not a Nigerian man
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
Back in naija,the other thing that irritated me was men walking around with a toothpick sticking out of their mouths.
my other pet peeves are

1. Men grabbing their crotches and carrying on a conversation like they're preventing it from hitting the floor.

2. Body odor.I'll forgive anything but I will not forgive anyone who chooses to smell like a croaker fish. grin

3. A Man chewing in Jerusalem and you can hear it in Jericho.I dumped a potential loaded suitor over this issue (I hope he's not on nairaland) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I definitely cannot stand the embarrasement in public of my man chewing like Ewu awusa (Hausa goat)

I still think Nigerian men are the best.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2007
Lmao osisi what excuse did you give him for breaking up.

Lol your issue is body odor, mine is definitely halitosis, which no offence to Nigerian men,m alot of them seem to have.

very depressing.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
sadly nothing.
I just told him I had changed my mind.
The guy even ended up getting married before me
so there was probably another girl that saw his bad table manners as a huge turn on.
That's life!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ooyafemi: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2007
The best way to say how much you trip for a nigrian Dudes dress code is to say the he lacks dress sense.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2007
halithosis and body odor can be easily taken care of by simply seeing a dentist and using Gillette deodorant.
even my fathers "old spice" is good enough.

You're  right TOH some of our men need to step up in that area.

At some point in my residency training,I did some rotations in a men's correctional institute.
The body odor that greeted you at the entrance was unbelievable.
Then during  physical exams,I almost mastered the act of talking for long periods without breathing.
It was the longest 3 weeks of my entire adult life.
Men in prison don't wear deodorants.
So if you're like me,don't take up a job there,no amount of money will do.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
his_grace:

i say lets see una picture - all these ugly mutatoes saying other person no get dress sense - na una be Georgio Armani or what?

my brother instead of hounding us for pictures,take time and read through all the advice we've been giving free of charge and adjust where necessary grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by naijadiva2(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2007
the nigerian guys in the us know how to dress.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
but his_ grace if you insist,let me show you a peek of me and my friends grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Which Cream Is Best For Dark Skin? / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.