Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense (28948 Views)

US Survey Declares Nigerian Men 8th Sexiest In The World / Best Dressed Nigerian Men In 2013 By MODE Men Magazine.. You Agree? / Who Said Nigerian Men Dont Have Swag? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2007
there you go

Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2007
lol am dying with laughter o Babyosisi. sure that odor that some of them has can be  lipsrsealed

Most don't floss or don't know how to floss, brush their tongue and gargle. add with bad dressing eyaaaaaaaa  grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
lmao osisi. you dey mind the rat. obviously everything we've been discussing, he's guilty of which is why it pains him this much

Berra listen to free advice, jo. all these lame jabs at us isnt gonna change anything. REMOVE YOUR SUNGLASSES & BRUSH YOUR TONGUE!

hahhaha cheesy
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2007
laughing guys sef.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
see as una don change the topic. now you're taking shots at naija men. from dress sense to body odor, to chewing habits na wa.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
I wore those in the afternoon, you bitter jackass.

My wannabe Ray Charles DKNY glasses dey pain you like that? Lol  cheesy
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by edeone(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2007
coolminded:

They copy cat other countries like UK,

Why wearing winter jackets when d weather is damn HOT? grin

Y wearing sun glasses in d dark?Some needs to grow up,
cry

for ur info we put the S in style men we dont copy we made the shit,and dat happens ever were waering shades wen its dark ok, we spend more on clothes any were any day belive dat
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2007
don't you people actually know that naija girls are much worse when it comes to personal hygiene? oh my G**
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2007
kobe shut up and stop changing the subject.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2007
Some nigerian men are actually very diligent and deserving of felicitations when it comes to dressing,but as for the others, (OMG!!!).And by the way,I don't think women are worse than men when it comes to hygeine.I don't remember ever coming across a woman who smelt as bad as some men smell tongue tongue tongue
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by k0be: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2007
toh sharrap there you people started it, berra take your own advice stick to topic
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by seun001(m): 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2007
@Babyosisi & TOH

u r gonna kill me with laffta.chei!!the yabis tooo much abeg mellow small ehn.

@topic

i always of the believe of wearing wot suits u,something that looks good on you.i believe in looking for best fits and i brook no compromise in this area.
though i know some guys tend to overdress and spoil everything but i think its better if thier GF advise them on their dressing.at least i ask the women in my life how i look b4 stepping out.

about mouth odor
this is one of my greatest fears,i try to notice if sombody is trying not to bcome suffocated cause of bad breath which i try to avoid at all costs.so far i have not been caught wanting.

again am not sure i know the meaning of halithosis or something like this mentioned earlier.

@osisi,
wot else do u expect from a penitentiary,u try sef,hope it didnt show on your face hw disgusted u were.

i think girls will do fine to advise their guys on how to look good without overdoing it and vice versa.
and am sure girls have their shortcoming too.the one that causes my greatest discomfort is dirtiness and heavy make-up.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
LOL.
for the most part the Nigerian men dress well but you know how in every 12 there must be a judas.
I take that back
our judas is in every 5 or so.
they are not doing badly compared to Mexicans and Chinese. ROFL.

we still have to love them.
we can't disown them for bad dressing,that'll be too harsh lol.

Omoge and TOH and the other ladies,what say ye about the ones who appear in a 3 piece suit at casual ocassions?
Some, on a hot summer day would even have sweat dripping from under the sleeves and would rather die of heat stroke than take off the jacket.

BTW seun001,halithosis means bad breathe
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by champredd(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2007
who started this thread?

For phuck's sake, it's not only Nigerian men who lack dress sense, all men are guilty, including me. And PLEAAAAAASE don't judge me because of that.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nikkysgirl(f): 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2007
[/quote]I have to agree that Naija men have poor dress sense, they try to hard to copy the american style 'over-sized' clothes, but when the naija guys wear it, it just looks cheap. Not only this, but it is not good seeing a guy wearing tight jeans 

And its also not good seeing guys wear denim shirts, ewww!

ToH
sooo true sunglassess to cover up their jaundice red eyes.

However, when Naija men are wearing the native atire, damn do they look hottt![quote]

Are you Kidding me?
My guy wears native and western and looks sooo sexy turned out in both. "Tight jeans", we American women cannot deny a guy who can fill out a pair of tight jeans. Ditto for the denim shirts!
Sunshades, well, He looks damn sexy in all of it!
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2007
seun001:

about mouth odor
this is one of my greatest fears,i try to notice if sombody is trying not to bcome suffocated cause of bad breath which i try to avoid at all costs.so far i have not been caught wanting.

again am not sure i know the meaning of halithosis or something like this mentioned earlier.

halitosis is bad breath caused by bacteria. At least you fear offending people. Some people dont even care and they get so close too. Very disgusting. Simply throughly brush your tongue in the morning for about 2-3 mins and CHANGE your damn toothbrush every 2-3 months. Eat anything weird smelling? Brush again or chew some mint/minty gum til you can.

So simple.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
Excuse you but your guy doesnt make up the entire Nigerian population.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

halitosis is bad breath caused by bacteria. At least you fear offending people. Some people don't even care and they get so close too. Very disgusting. Simply throughly brush your tongue in the morning for about 2-3 mins and CHANGE your damn toothbrush every 2-3 months. Eat anything weird smelling? Brush again or chew some mint/minty gum til you can.

So simple.

This is good stuff.
I hope his_grace has a pen and paper. tongue
TOH you've basically summarized it.
I'll only add,see your dentist every 6 months for cleaning.

Some people will use one toothbrush until all the bristles on the right are saying bye bye to the ones on the left.
yet they won't throw them away.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2007
champredd:

who started this thread?

For phuck's sake, it's not only Nigerian men who lack dress sense, all men are guilty, including me. And PLEAAAAAASE don't judge me because of that.

LOL.
no one is judging you.
You've already been judged ROFL.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ TOH the mother of all turn offs is a man with potbelly wearing a tucked in shirt.
That is such an eyesore.

9 month pregnant women don't tuck in their blouses,why should a man in the same condition think it's OK to tuck in?
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by kulaShaker(f): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2007
lol yes its a turn off but how you want make dem do? please it will make them look untidy so let them tuck it in . that's how men are supposed to dress why should a muffin top stop a man from his normal mode of dressing?

@thread
wrong wrong wrong. many dress very well, some don't. check the average nigerian man and then the average congolese, i know which one i would pick( don't want no man struggling with me for my blouses)
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2007
lmao osisi. it's funny watch their belts hold on to dear life.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2007
Chineke!!!!!
do congolese men wear blouses?

why now?
their tailors can't sew shirts? lol.
una no go get me fired laughing like a jackass at work.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by kulaShaker(f): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2007
osisi i went to one of there parties(i was dragged there oh) grin and many of them were dressed effeminately . really i was stunned grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2007
they should learn to wash well, clean their yansh hole well and navel. i was reading many don't even wash their navel well and that place stink too if not wash well and just leave the toilet after one wipe grin.

most guys don't really care thinking we love their scent ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by kulaShaker(f): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2007
nah wah o. shocked what are ppl looking for around their holes and other crevices, or orifice? by my estimation you got to be pweety close to smell that $hit.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2007
the thing go smell come out oo. if you move near them you go know. when the environment you are sitting or standing in just took a You turn with odor, you don't need a prophet to tell you where those are coming from. some ladies can tell where different odors are coming from in a Guy  grin grin grin

armpit odor different from yansh odor grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

lmao osisi. it's funny watch their belts hold on to dear life.

are you telling me?
they don't know whether to keep the belt above or below the pot grin
so there's constant adjustments going on
then they'll use those midget ties and complete the whole show.
I can picture a former teacher as I write this.

kulaShaker:

osisi i went to one of there parties(i was dragged there oh) grin and many of them were dressed effeminately . really i was stunned grin

that is terrible,someone should tell them o.
it's not right lol

kulaShaker:

nah wah o. shocked what are people looking for around their holes and other crevices, or orifice? by my estimation you got to be pweety close to smell that $hit.

some of us have husbands and some have boyfriends so we do get that close ROFL
cleanliness is next to Godliness they say.
women should learn to wash well,use powders and sprays in the right areas and men must do likewise
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by kulaShaker(f): 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2007
ah now i now how MR and Mrs osisi gets down ''party time''  grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by omoge(f): 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2007
my roomie once brought her guy friend to stay a semeter in our apt. goodness i no go ever forget. you just dey hear sound of s h i t dropping, then toilet flushing and the door opening, lol same time  grin grin
i almost asked him, hey did you really wipe?  grin
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 22, 2007
omoge:

the thing go smell come out oo. if you move near them you go know. when the environment you are sitting or standing in just took a You turn with odor, you don't need a prophet to tell you where those are coming from. some ladies can tell where different odors are coming from in a Guy  grin grin grin

armpit odor different from yansh odor grin

ROFL.
they'll soon think I'm crazy.
This is soooooo funny.
How about the ones with map of Africa under their arms?

There are prescription deodorants available for excessive perspiration and some real strong Over the counter ones too that you apply at night only.
People there's help out there.
we need to rescue our brothers.
Re: Women: Nigerian Men Lack Dress Sense by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2007
kulaShaker:

ah now i now how MR and Mrs osisi gets down ''party time'' grin

we thank God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Girls Uses Indomie To Style Hair!! [pic] / Which Cream Is Best For Dark Skin? / Wearing Socks With Native Attire. Hit Or Miss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.