Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,600 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) (57547 Views)

10 Grammatical Jargons Often Used By Nigerians. / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? / 20 Poisonous Expressions Used By Nigerians; Corrections, Tips And Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Fira09(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2022
Images of students wearing "anti-cheating hats" during college exams have gone viral on social media in the Philippines.

Engineering students from Albay, Bicol, in the Philippines are trending online after they were asked to wear headgear that would prevent them peeking at others' papers during their exams.

The students did a good job and came up with creative ways to don their 'anti-cheating' hats by making homemade contraptions out of cardboard, egg boxes and other recycled materials.

Mary Joy Mandane-Ortiz, a professor of mechanical engineering at Bicol University College of Engineering, said the idea had been "really effective".

Prof Mandane-Ortiz said her initial request had been for students to make a "simple" design out of paper.

Prof Mandane-Ortiz said her engineers-in-training took the idea and ran with it - in some cases innovating complex headgear in "just five minutes" with any junk they found lying around.

Others donned hats, helmets or Halloween masks to fulfil the brief.

According to the professor, all of the students finished their tests early and nobody was caught cheating this year.

SOURCE

13 Likes

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Fira09(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by tillaman(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2022
Lol e no go work for here o
Mask wey I go use cover AirPod wey my guy go dey outside dey read answers give me

424 Likes 24 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by spinna: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2022
Lol.. the students had fun.. see the girl with gladiator helmet .. Hope say u go sha pass

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by robinso01(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
You don kill some Nigerian student be that. In this present time that many are busy with yahoo and prostitution without having time to read.

Oops, I remember some lecturers that will collect money to pass students that didn't even write anything.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Curious345: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
Lol
Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by meobizy(f): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
This is how Nigerians make light of our bad governance situation. I love being human sometimes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Alwaysready(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
grin

The last guy own tho makes me laugh..

How long will this last?

Make senior men dey cheat for exams again? This is so bad.

Look at their exams,na still OBJ dem dey do,it's never theory,else ,all of them will fail woefully.

Check my signature and patronize us today.

8 Likes

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Ladiesdream: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
If th don am here most people no go graduate ooo.

Definition of OYO

3 Likes

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by lordparcel: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
grin
Na mumu de peep from others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by luvlyoracle(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
B
Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by BigYash: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
grin Can't work in a certain country ,I know o.. They will gum wireless earpiece to the thing.. grin Person go dey hux dey anzer the question.. Same way some female students uses long hair to cover the wireless earpiece

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Holla911(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2022
People go too fail for naija if this system is introduced grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by BigDawsNet: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
Exam is not hard if you study well...

I understood that scope when one of my guy in class said " we wey dey first class, let us have meeting"

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by GoldenJAT(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
I Know a country that will still cheat massively, even if you put Angel Gabriel and Angel Michael in the hall.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by SayDeeJay: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
U go fear na

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Sabadon(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
grin

I miss philippines.

1 Like

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by TheSameGuy(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
If this was introduce in UNN when Peter Obi was a student, that 3rd class he had would have been ordinary pass.

Obi would have spent 8 years studying 4 years course just like 9jahotblog ( johnnyessence ) did in Unilorin lipsrsealed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by TriCee: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
Lol, funny. That one na to just to prevent 'peeping' or 'giraffing', which is not even a major form of cheating.

Who is checking the 'mgbo' and 'microchips in the bras and shoes?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by revolution653(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2022
That last pics mehn
See card board like projector
their expoo go don too much bi that
grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Starz825(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
So I go commot for naija now ...I go say I dey go Philippines ....
Mtcheew
Even Naija sef go better pass this kind country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by fineboynl(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
..it is unnecessary. Even the spacing is enough na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by gibsonwales(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
If na 9ja students, dem go stil use d anti cheating hat carry expo grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by mayormick(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Lolz...that one with something that look like binocular, is that also anti cheating gadgets?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Robinmido(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Forget that thing an expert go still cheat for there and pass with flying colors

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by inoki247: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Legend go still cheat mak dem calm down...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2022
Radarada grin
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Gangster1ms: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2022
Na to write expo inside the hat smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Greystone: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2022
Spartans, What is your Occupation?!?

AWOO! AWOOO!! AWOOOO!!! cool

Lol… no be by fine helmet or “fine ghel”….try pass the exam oh… cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by Elock1: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2022
angry
Even if they adopt this in Nigeria

Those who didn't write anything will still pass.

It's called BTS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) by xajey: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2022
tillaman:
Lol e no go work for here o
dem go write inside the mask

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Military Alphabets... / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.