Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi (16049 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by AcuraZDX: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
"I was the first Governor ever in Nigeria to approach @UNHABITAT on urban renewal"

- Peter Obi (on Arise TV)

We’ve been hearing of Lagos Masterplan but nobody has been able to point to this

There are levels to this leadership thing.

https://twitter.com/ChudeMedia/status/1584512336517160960?t=GsPp2hIhhNtLh2V6KAABOg&s=19

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by AcuraZDX: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2022
In 2007, Anambra State Government under His Excellency, Mr. Peter Obi in conjunction with UN-HABITAT drew up a 20-Year Anambra State Structural Masterplan.

https://unhabitat.org/executive-summary-of-structure-plans-for-awka-onitsha-and-nnewi-and-environs-2009-2027

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by AcuraZDX: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
In 2009, Peter Obi as the Governor of Anambra state went to Kenya to get the Masterplan for the development & Urban renewal of the 3 main cities in Anambra, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka in partnership with @UNHABITAT.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 1:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
wow nice

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Interesting

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Moferere: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
Says Him Tu Lie

Obi Pandora

178 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Abfinest007(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
This is the man for the job no amount of blackmailing will stop him .

306 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Tochi3(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
PO is no regular Nigerian politician... He is way ahead of others..
He has the Vision, the passion and the ideas on any project he embark's upon... His leadership acumen in governing Anambra State is second to none..

God bless PO/DATTI

258 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by emmabest2000(m): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Reno right now

247 Likes 28 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Sistance(f): 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Let the will of God be done

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Tinubuwins2023e: 2:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
Another 1
lipsrsealed

53 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by LegendHero(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lol. Mugun, where is the master plan and why did he not follow through with it to make Anambra the best state with the best urban layout?

In 2009, this scammer called Peter Obi claimed Anambra is on the road to Dubai with the UN-Habitat program but as it stand today, Anambra can’t even lace the shoes of a local government in Lagos.

By the way, UN-Habitat always cooperate with states right from time, it is not something to brag about. Kogi and other states keyed into their program. They even once claimed they will transform all Nigeria cities but all na audio.

Peter Obi do not even rate Nigerians at all with the nonsense he regurgitates everytime.

UN-Habitat themselves always go to African cities because they have programs line up. Below is their comprehensive report in 2014 for African cities.

https://www.gwp.org/globalassets/global/toolbox/references/the-state-of-african-cities-2014_re-imagining-sustainable-urban-transitions-un-habitat-2014.pdf

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by richidinho(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obi is in the same class with Awolowo, Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa

He is far ahead of the two Nincompoop he is contesting against

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Fallout: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Really. ?

By now e supposed don manifest na

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by NaijaFutbol: 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
;De
Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by obembet(f): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
I don't have problem with obi. He's a good man. But am going for Atiku

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by DennisEche(m): 2:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
So after approaching UN, what next?

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by dazzlingd(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
I can bet this news will be countered in a couple of hours or less.
Always say less than necessary

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obi is coming

It's either we vote Peter Obi

or

we vote Peter Obi

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by GloriousGbola: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
So where is the masterplan? Or was this an academic exercise?

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by MeaslesMumpsRub: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lol.
So how far with the Plan ? Almost 10 years on

Obi does not have sustainable ideas.
Just like the Standard of Performance of Anambra students dropped drastically when he left Office.

I am not sure if this is a lie but I am almost certain it will be debunked very soon that he is the first to do this...
Peter Obi Alawada!
He suppose dey do Night of a thousand Laugh

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Mars16(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
AcuraZDX:
In 2007, Anambra State Government under His Excellency, Mr. Peter Obi in conjunction with UN-HABITAT drew up a 20-Year Anambra State Structural Masterplan.

https://unhabitat.org/executive-summary-of-structure-plans-for-awka-onitsha-and-nnewi-and-environs-2009-2027
Verified smiley

10 Likes

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Neyoosha007(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
And anambra is now a mega city

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by coconutbag: 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obi means business. I hope we get it right as a nation this time around.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Timmi: 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
AcuraZDX:
"I was the first Governor ever in Nigeria to approach @UNHABITAT on urban renewal"

- Peter Obi (on Arise TV)

We’ve been hearing of Lagos Masterplan but nobody has been able to point to this

There are levels to this leadership thing.

https://twitter.com/ChudeMedia/status/1584512336517160960?t=GsPp2hIhhNtLh2V6KAABOg&s=19

Ok, so what comes out of it. Mr China#India#Morocco#UAE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
Mr President

6 Likes

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by anytexy: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
The man for the job. Love him or hate him

22 Likes

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by arewaboy01(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
All these ones no go carry you go Aso villa neither will you get Biafra…so better rest

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by Timmi: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
Kitotevhaosjs:
Ok

You are doing Oluwole forgery of documents and ID and proud of it?

2 Likes

Re: I Was The First Governor In Nigeria To Approach UN On Urban Renewal — Peter Obi by wwwihy: 2:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
This man is a Joke...

119 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush / Buhari’s Three Years Far Better Than Obasanjo’s Eight Years – Tony Momoh / Sagay: Northerners Are Afraid Restructuring Will Reduce Their Shares From Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.