Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG (9627 Views)

Atiku, Obi Loses Three Days To Appeal, Request For Copies Of Appeal Court Judgem / APC Loses Three More Senators To Opposition Parties / How Police Labelled And Paraded Me As ESN, Demanded 10 Million – Oil Worker (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Omooba77: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2022
The Federal Government on Monday revealed that its latest findings showed that about 1.2 million barrels of crude oil was consistently shut in by producers across various oil wells in the Niger Delta due to the incessant oil theft in the industry.

It also stated that current statistics showed that the volume of oil lost to theft in Nigeria was about 100,000 barrels per day, translating to an estimated three million barrels every month.

The government disclosed through its Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission at the press briefing in Abuja, as it further stated that the country’s gas reserves had risen to 208 trillion standard cubic feet.

One of the negative and side effects of crude oil theft is that it has incentivised well shut-ins by producers, in the sense that it is not part of their investment model to produce and hand over to thieves,” the Chief Executive, NUPRC, Gbenga Komolafe, stated.

He added, “So what we have done is that we are engaging with all operators and the target is for us to have clarity around their operations, whereby we try to drill down on their work programmes and visibility, based on what we are expecting from them.

"In  that regard, we had to set up an operations committee with the aim of identifying shut-in wells. The essence is for us to be able to have feasibility around the wells that are shut-in.

“That exercise was done and we found out that we have about 1.2 million barrels of oil that is shut in consistently as a result of the impact of crude oil theft. So, our engagement is aimed at identifying the wells that could be re-streamed in a manner that we could have some barrels added to our existing production.”

Komolafe stated that based on NUPRC’s target of getting about 40 to 50 per cent of the shut-in volumes, the government would be able to add about 500,000 barrels to what the country was currently producing.

“So, our projection is that we can hit over two million barrels and surpass our OPEC (Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries) quota,” he stated.

He stated that based on NUPRC’s engagements with investors in the sector, the commission observed that the oil firms were still willing to restart production in the shut-in wells despite the transition to renewable energy.

https://punchng.com/nigeria-loses-three-million-oil-barrels-monthly-fg

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Bizibi(m): 9:18am On Oct 25, 2022
When I attended pti anniversary in ptdf I was not even convinced about the constant complaint from the gmd of nnpc about crude oil theft.

There was silence on crude oil theft till this year and you want me to believe that the nnpc wasn't aware of it since 2016.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Dreal1247: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2022
Mr Peter Obi has really placed this people on the active mode. Who told you that New Nigeria is not possible?

155 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by derecho(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2022
And we have Buhari as Minister of Petroleum o.

This is part of the legacy Tinubu wants to continue with

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Dreal1247: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2022
Why is this coming after Mr Peter Obi revelations on the oil theft. He equally said that we pay petroleum subsidy about three times more than the true quantity. It is time for a new Nigeria.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Omooba77: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
3m barrels times $95 times N720 per month......
Nlfpmod, Buhari is not a leader.....

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by boldking(m): 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2022
These are one of the reasons why I said power should go to Peter Obi because he knows how to manage resources and I believe with him Nigeria will be safe and the world will celebrate IF he wins even TINUBU knows this I SWEAR

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by inoki247: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Cashout left and right....

And the country dey debt...

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Nazgul: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Peter Obi has already clarified that the theft in the oil sector cannot be successful if the government isn't involved cos you would need ships to load the stolen crude oil. And these ships have to be cleared by the Nigerian navy before they exit the Nigerian water ways.

So I believe it's safe to say that the FG is accusing themselves of stealing from themselves.

Isn't Nigeria a wonderful country?

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by LeoDeKing: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
Why the inconsistency?

If my memory serves me right, few weeks ago, same FG said it was 1million barrels per day. Now it is 3milliion barrels per month.

Anyway, wetin even concern me for wetin no concern me?

2023 presidential election is between Tinubu and Atiku, Peter Obi doesn't exist.

124 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Reinamaria(f): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
What nonsense "oil theft"?
Can you steal what belongs to you?

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
FG is the thief
Reason why FG doesn't want to build refinary

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Jostoman: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
I trust APC them don see excuse,God just use this APC to punish us in Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Coldie(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
U made urself petroleum minister and failed in everything that partakes to the oil and gas sector. Subsidy failed, oil theft high, revenues down, etc

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by broadman20: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
From government officials ABI?

Criminals God will catch you people very soon,

Wicked souls in power positions.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by chiefolododo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
F
Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
Lolzz.FG!!!
Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Shadysen: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
how does this news concern me, useless fg

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Brendaniel: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
In OBJ's time, Nigeria sold an average of 2 million barrels daily( OPEC quota), During the same period because the capacity of extracting crude oil was very effective, Nigeria also sold excess crude oil to the tune of sometimes extra 2 million barrels per day ( that is where the name ECA came from) excess crude oil account, that was where OBJ saved about 65 billion dollars for Nigeria that Jonathan came and depleted to about 3 billion dollars then Buhari has depleted it to about 36 thousand dollars.

Now OPEC quota to Nigeria is 1.8 million barrels and Buhari has been selling 1.2 million barrels and has never met the 1.8 million barrels throughout his tenure, now ask yourself what happened to the remaining over 600 thousand barrels plus the excess crude oil production capacity Nigeria has, they will tell you the facility is not functioning well, but it's a big lie, it is been stolen, that is why they are still uncovering lots of pipelines stealing crude oil into vessels, so for the past 8 years or more Nigeria has not earned anything from the sales of excess crude oil and has not met it's OPEC quota because some people are stealing crude oil notoriously and people wonder why Nigeria is broke.

Also note that during OBJ's time crude oil sold at $17.9 in 1999 and the highest being $72.52 in 2007 and he was able to save from the Excess crude oil sales alone 65 billion dollars compared to Jonathan and Buhari that sold at $107 in 2011 and an all-time high of $109.45 in 2012 as well as $105.87 in 2013. It fell to $96.29 in 2014, $34.55 in 2015 and $123.70 in 2022 and didn't save anything instead they were eating from what OBJ saved from the 65 billion dollars down to 36 thousand dollars and still borrowing money from China and world bank grin

Actually it's more than 20 million barrels monthly - The Crude oil thieves are earning more revenue than the NNPC

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by tempest01(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Even more.

Our production was about 2 million a day and OPEC quota is about 1.8 milllion bbls a day.

At a point we were outputting only about 1 million bbls a day.

This suggests that give or take close to 200,00 bbls of oil was stolen daily.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Racoon(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
The government announcing this crude oil theft is the thief and criminals.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by cybertron88: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
This is roughly 1.6 trillion naira per annum using cbn rate of N450 and 100 dollars per barrel. May thunder locate anyone campaigning for APC or PDP.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by HateBigots: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Arrest the minister of petroleum... Useless as a president and minister. fvck APC

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Cantonese: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Na lie.

The daily allocation of crude is 1.8 bpd. So far we are able to produce between 900 and 1.1m bpd. If we take 1.1m away from 1.8 we have a balance of at least 700m bpd. If we multiply 700 x 30 or 31, that's 21,000 minimum stolen daily

We have been told several times how thieves in connivance with government agents have been the culprits.

Thankfully our incoming President Obi exposed them.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Rogues... yet world poverty capital.

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by saxywale2: 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Jokes. Check the akkant of some politicians, militants and Generals

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by disej: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
R
Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by flexyrule(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Idiots.
Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by israelmao(m): 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
APC came to power with promise of change only to pile on the agony of Nigerians,how can a sincere government discover pipeline that is being used to siphon huge amount of crude oil after 7years of being in power and at the tailend of its tenure?Is this targeted at scoring political point in order to ensure its re-election?Oil theft in Nigeria is perpetrated by the high and mighty in political sphere.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Three Million Oil Barrels Monthly – FG by favour32(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dem keep quiet since until Obi shout am.
Vote Obi
Truth go come out for many wayo wayo ways wey the other two major parties Sabi play the game.

23 Likes

We Are Under Attack By Herdsmen - Ajowa, Ondo Community Cries Out / No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates / I Pray For Nigeria's Oil To Dry Up — Oby Ezekwesili