Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Please Help Me Find This Book. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me Find This Book. (1429 Views)

If You Know This Book And You're Yet To Marry Check Yourself(pictures) / Reasons Why You Should Read This Book(picture) / MEN ONLY: Download This Book Now For Free! [See Inside] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Find This Book. by siofra(f): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2022
It's set in the slavery era in Brazil. (This I know for sure)

I can't really remember other details but it contains some elements of romance. The protagonist's parents died, the man that was supposed to look after her married her.

A lot of mentions about Yemanja, the Yoruba goddess of water.

There was also a crippled mulatto sculptor named Antonio who carved statues for the Catholic church.

There was an older antagonist who wanted to marry a young girl but she was disgusted by him.

Please I'm begging, I really need to find this book. If you know the name please drop it below. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Ebukaboss(m): 5:55am On Oct 29, 2022
If i find it what will u give me
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2022
siofra:

I can't really remember other details but it contains some elements of romance. The protagonist's parents died, the man that was supposed to look after her married her.

There was also a crippled mulatto sculptor named Antonio who carved statues for the Catholic church.

There was an older antagonist who wanted to marry a young girl but she was disgusted by him.

Please I'm begging, I really need to find this book. If you know the name please drop it below. God bless.

huh?..You can read?? undecided
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Phimzy: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2022
Is it "Palmares" by Gayl Jones
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Obiwank: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
There is a similar book that I can vaguely remember and also looking for.

It started in pre/ early colonial Brazil when the Dutch was still fighting the Portuguese over Brazil. It told the story of generations of a woman that came to Brazil as a "forced" bride of Portuguese settlers.

Really need the name of the book.
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by siofra(f): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2022
Phimzy:
Is it "Palmares" by Gayl Jones

Nope!

It's not it.
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by siofra(f): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
Obiwank:
There is a similar book that I can vaguely remember and also looking for.

It started in pre/ early colonial Brazil when the Dutch was still fighting the Portuguese over Brazil. It told the story of generations of a woman that came to Brazil as a "forced" bride of Portuguese settlers.

Really need the name of the book.

Yes. That's the book.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2022
We are searching
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by MeetDx(m): 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Malyn Newitt?
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Michelle70(m): 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
siofra:

Yes. That's the book.

Go and on reddit or quora.

NL are more fixated on feminism and redpill
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by OloshoSiofra: 12:19am On Nov 01, 2022
siofra:

Yes. That's the book.

You need to be that woman again. cool

Your kpekus has not been fvcked enough. cool
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by HolyMan12: 9:15am On Nov 01, 2022
siofra:

Yes. That's the book.

Hello darling. cheesy

Did you miss me? kiss
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Obiwank: 5:05am On Nov 07, 2022
siofra:

Yes. That's the book.

Sad I cannot remember. Read it a long time ago and would really like to find it again.

Let me know if you do ever get it. Will do the same. Thanks
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 02, 2022
siofra:

angry
Re: Please Help Me Find This Book. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2022
siofra:

U can read??...HOW?? angry
anyways Siofra I have change my mind.. Can we yansh like today tomorrrow & czn we discuss price u agree to?...
..no storys i beg. U want? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Social Sponges: Gendered Brain Development Comes From Society, Not Biology / "a Man Shall Leave His Father And Mother: " / Does Love Need A Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.